[UU Rmt] The G duo! Bulky offense!

Hey everyone and welcome to my 2nd RMT i think on this site. However i've been doing like 10 RMTs is total. The "G duo" is Gallade/Gardevoir who is actually pretty good together.I will not do 1 section for "Team building" and one for "In depth", instead i will put in a bit of Team building in the in-depth. I have putten long time in making this team, doing calcs (Thanks to DougJustdoug). Alot of things have been changed from the original team but now it seems to have very nice synenergy.

At a glance

If you wanna know the matchup it is:
LeadAbmpibom
SDGallade
CMvoir
EntryPhan
RevengeTrio
CBMarill

In depth

Ambipom @ Life orb
Jolly nature
EV: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe

Fake out
Return
U-Turn
Taunt

Team building progress:
Okay every team needs a lead, or well they wouldn't succes without a lead. I was first thinking "umm maybe a Anti-Lead Arcanince". I tested it and it did pretty well. However for some reason i thought a Froslass would do even better, so i tried it out. NO. Really all it did was dying (problamy because i dont know ho to play with it but w/e). So here is my current lead the fantastic miracle super mega ultra hyper Ambipom.

Comments and thoughts.
Ambipom is the current "fashion lead" in UU. He really got like everything, STAB Fake out, STAB Return U-Turn and Taunt. Or no i'll change my mind. He lacks Stealth rock. The Life orb is because i mostly dont need him late game so i dont give a sh!t if he dies early with help of some recoil damage.
Let's look at the UUs most common leads:

Ambipom- Fake out and then Return hoping to win some speeds ties.
Frosslass- Taunt and the U-Turn to ....... someone.
Uxie- Fake out, Taunt and the take him down with some Returns.
Moltres- Fake out then Return
Alakazam- Different every time

I might include some pictures if i feel like later.

Now to the Moveset/EVs/Nature.
Fake-out is the obvious choice doing over 40% damage to almost all leads, and it also breaks sashes. Return gives hallelujah STAB and KOs pretty much every lead that dont resist it. U-Turn scouts great early game and hits Gallade (which is a common switch in on Ambipom) with 42,4-50% damage before they Close combat and then i can switch to Azumarill who KOs with Aqua jet. There is no need for me to give him any bulk as he isn't supposed to be taking any hits anyways. The nature is good against other Ambipoms as a Adamant nature would make them faster and would allow them to KO me without me doing any damage.

Gallade @ Life orb
Adamant nature
252 Atk 56 SpDef 200 Spe

Swords dance
Close combat
Psycho cut
Shadow sneak

Team building progress:
Okay i am gonna build a team around Gardevoir and Gallade, what do i need for that? Gallade and Gardevoir ofc. There's not that much to say here as
this is like the core of the team (together with he's girlfreind).

Comments and thoughts.
At first i was testing Bulk up Gallade, but it didn't work out very well as he wants to be more offensive in this case. So i tried SubSalac which was a big no. Here i wanted a SD version of Gallade. At first Night slash were in Shadow sneaks spot but with 80 Base Spe i wanted a priority move. I know priority moves are usually bad with STAB but after a Swords dance, Shadow sneak is a deadly weapon. I kinda hate Milotic and tat's way this guy is good. If i can get Sword dance on the switch Close combat OHKOs Milotic. Even with 252 Hp and 252 Def. Close combat is the most important tool as it gets STAB and 100 accuracy. Gallade gets over 700 attack after Swords dance and with Life orb it almost reaches 1000. Now that's a pokemon to base a team around!

Gallade has pretty much terrible HP and Def so it's important to always have a guy who can take strong physical attacks, in this case Donphan. Howevers it's 115 SpDf is beastly and with 56 EVs it allows me to take a boosted Raikous Thunderbolt even after CM which is just amazing, and if SR is not up he can take a boosted Raikous Shadow ball. Psycho cut is good to kill Venusaurs with as without Swords dance he OHKO them (even if they have max Def,HP and Bold nature).

Gardevoir @ Life orb
Modest nature ( Synchronize)
4 Def 252 SpAtk Spe

Calm mind
Psychic
Thunderbolt
Wish

Team building progress:
Okay i am gonna build a team around Gardevoir and Gallade, what do i need for that? Gallade and Gardevoir ofc. There's not that much to say here as
this is like the core of the team (together with her boyfreind).

Comments and thougts
My thought: Gardevoir >> Alakazam. This guy is much more interesting to play with. Why? well Alakazam is mean't to come and CM on the switch, which is what every other guy do, except Gardevoir! He can come in and start set-up while being under attack. The only high ranked- UU pokemons that can counter her is Honchcrow who can Night slash (or Sucker punch) and Milotic who can wall her. Psychic great is great against Venusaur and stuffs like Weezing. I don't now if i should run Timid or Modest but Modest seems to work out for me. Another big question that bothers me is should i run a more supportive set with Wish/Will-o-wisp? Life orb gives me the ability to after CM do this:

+1 SpAtk Gardevoir Thunderbolt vs. Offensive Arcanine 76.2-89.7 %
+1 SpAtk Gardevoir Thunderbolt vs. Ambipom 97.4-11.4 %
+1 SpAtk Gardevoir Thunderbolt vs. Hitmontop 65.1-77 %
+1 SpAtk Gardevoir Shadow ball vs. Alakazam 97.6-115.1 %
+1 SpAtk Gardevoir Thunderbolt vs. Blaziken 96-113 %

That's just examples of what a Gardevoir can accomplish.

Uxie@ Leftovers
Impish nature
EV: 252 HP 204 Spdf 52 Atk

Thunderwave
Stealth rock
U-Turn
Zen headbutt

Team building progress:
I need Stealth rock! Donphan! But then a very nice soul called "Melonhead" to change to Uxie. Ye why not?

Comments and thoughts.
Uxie! He plays so many rolls here. He sets up SR which he is great at. He sets up Phara so my G duo can easily set up. He U-Turns together with Ambipom to scout the hell outta' them. And lastly Zen headbutt for STAB and to do atleast something to Venusaur. Those EVs allows him to screw Raikous, Mismagius and other Special attackers. Here are some calcs from the most dangerous attackers in UU against Uxie:

Choice band Arcanince max attack Adamant nature Flare blitz: 58:69%
+1 Life orb Raikou max Special attack Timid nature Shadow ball: 60-71%
Choice band Honchcrow max attack Adamant nature Night slash: 75-88%

This proves that he pretty much can't be OHKO and all that calcs had either Choice band or +1 SpAtk and neither of them could OHKO. Not even STAB super effective Choice band Night slash can. The Impish nature is just so survive Physical hits a bit better to.

Dugtrio@ Choice band
Adamant nature
EV: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 Spe

Earthquake
Stone Edge
Sucker Punch
Night Slash

Team building progress
Now my thoughts were "i need a revenge killer". Well ofc it's easy to just scarf someone, give them a Scarf and 4 different moves, and wow you got a revenge killer. But i wanted a scarfed pokemon here. Dugtrio was my choice.

Thoughts and comments
Thanks to Arena trap and 120 Base spe Dugtrio is a reliable revenge killer. If i lock myself into EQ the only problem is that they can switch into a flying type or a Levitate abuser and start set-up. Stone edge is for Honchcrows mostly but also ice types gets raped by this. Suckerpunch against very fast Psychic/Ghost types whos gonna attack me like Alakazam. Night slash do the job on Ghosts and Psychics that dont attack that much like Uxies. Earthquake gets a nice STAB and good coverage against most stufs except for which i mentioned earlier flying types and Levtitaters. I choose Adamant >> Jolly Nature as i want raw ower here and coupled up with Choice band this is a beast.

Azumarill @ Choice band
Adamant nature
EV: 4 HP 252 Atk 252 HP

Waterfall
Aqua jet
Superpower
Ice punch

Team building progress:
Okay i wanted another CBer. I had also realized that i have nothing to take Water moves and 2 who is weak to them. So i went for da Azumarill.

Comments and thoughts
50 Base attack Adamant nature and 252 Atk EVs doesn't sounds so beastly right? 50 Base attack Adamant nature 252 Atk EVs and Huge power sounds more beastly right? He ges over 600 attack which is monsterous. STAB Priority move isn't bad neither right? If i'm up on something very slow lika a Umbreon i can Superpower or Waterfall. I dont now why i have Ice punch actually, i dont even think i've used it once. This blue ball looks like more of a freindly Rabbit than a monster but really he can just clean up late-game as that is when he mostly comes in. Really i can't write anythign more now i have to go to my Grandma and celibrate christmas stuff.

Merry x-mas!

Just a small suggestion, I'd advise you to remove one of Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt on Gardevoir and put Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical sweepers or have Wish there to support your team.

Just a small suggestion, I'd advise you to remove one of Shadow Ball or Thunderbolt on Gardevoir and put Will-o-Wisp to cripple physical sweepers or have Wish there to support your team.
It's a CM sweeper, I don't see how Wish would be viable.

That being said, why the hell are you not running Psychic?

The set should be CM/Thunderbolt/Shadow Ball/Psychic, though you can replace Shadow Ball with Will-O-Wisp.

@Mambo. Why would i do that? Really i want CBAzuMarill, so why would i change.

@031ap. I'll do that thanks.

It's okay, but too offensive. Your only wall pokemon is donphan, and he can't do much against special attacking pokemon. I understand that you have gallade and Gardevoir who can take some special attacks, but with no investment in their hp or Sp.def ev's they can't take much. I'm not saying you should change your ev's but change one of your pokemon out for another. I would suggest something to replace gardevoir sinice she is too slow to sweep even with a calm mind because a faster physical pokemon would wreck her. Also, just a small note, on your ambipom thing about what you would do to other leads, i'd change that for alakazam, sure fake out will do a lot, but it's still faster and would OHKO you with psychic. Hope this helps!

It's okay, but too offensive. Your only wall pokemon is donphan, and he can't do much against special attacking pokemon. I understand that you have gallade and Gardevoir who can take some special attacks, but with no investment in their hp or Sp.def ev's they can't take much. I'm not saying you should change your ev's but change one of your pokemon out for another. I would suggest something to replace gardevoir sinice she is too slow to sweep even with a calm mind because a faster physical pokemon would wreck her. Also, just a small note, on your ambipom thing about what you would do to other leads, i'd change that for alakazam, sure fake out will do a lot, but it's still faster and would OHKO you with psychic. Hope this helps!
Too offensive? Lol? This is a usual set-up for a Bulky offense team (well maybe not 2 CB) nothing here is "too offensive".

Too offensive? Lol? This is a usual set-up for a Bulky offense team (well maybe not 2 CB) nothing here is "too offensive".
Actually yes that is exactly what i mean lol. You have two choice banders, a physcial sweeper, a special sweeper, and a sorta suicide lead because you mentioned you don't care if it dies or not. Only Donphan, and your team is not even SR weak for there to be a rapid spinner. So yes, with one defensive pokemon i think your team is too offensive lol.

But jeez no! Have you've never seen a team with only 1 wall before? I mean come on in OU like half of the teams are "Hyper-offensive" with no walls or tanks. Get over it.

But jeez no! Have you've never seen a team with only 1 wall before? I mean come on in OU like half of the teams are "Hyper-offensive" with no walls or tanks. Get over it.
And my point is those teams don't do well. Don't tell me to get over it, that is rude. JK. But when i've battled those teams i've always beaten them, with one or 2 losses from hax or something. But also OU is completely different than UU, because while one SD Lucario could sweep your team, one SD Gallade in UU would not win you a match. They are completely different tiers, so don't compare them. Also I just realized that your team is SD sceptile weak. You have three pokemon week to grass, and the other three pokemon pokemon have a bad Defense stat.

toshimelonhead

Honey Badger don't care.
is a Tiering Contributor
Decent team. Has a few holes, though. I could see this team having trouble with even more Hyper Offensive teams like weather abusers.

Consider a few things:

Who do you send on Milotic if Gardevoir is down? For as common as it is you don't have a decent counter for it. Azumarill can wall it but not take it down, and ones with Toxic even take Azumarill out. Gardevoir with that EV set isn't meant to wall anything, either.

Ditto to Rain Dance Ludicolo, as once it sets up, it's probably gg or at the minimum takes out Dugtrio/Gallade/Donphan as combined these three likely will not KO with their respective priority moves barring a Critical Hit. Normally Ludicolo will be sent in before Stealth Rock is even up if they lead with Electrode, which is common on Rain Dance teams.

I am not sure how to remedy all of these weaknesses without blowing up your team. A defensive Venusaur would work over Donphan but that would leave you without a Stealth Rocker/Spinner and it disrupts the flow of your team a little bit. Uxie could go as a lead, but if Electrode leads it will just explode on it and take it out.

One thing that might help is a threat list. Many of the other RMTs on this site explain how they counter specific pokemon. That is one of the best ways to see what weaknesses you might have and will benefit you more than any rate on here.

Good luck with the team. I might be a little too critical with my rate here (mods please let me know if I am) but I see some trouble spots.

First of all, don't Fake-out Alakazam, because then you just lost your lead.

Second, I don't understand the need for a spinner on a team with no weakness to stealth rocks. I would recommend replacing him with a defensive Uxie, who gives you a ground immunity, stealth rocks, and the ability to U-turn chain with Ambipom for some easy prediction. You could also give him Thunder Wave to make your Gallade/Gardevoir sweep go smoother.

Now for Gardevoir. I really don't like how an innately (you said it yourself) defensive pokemon has been given a life orb and no recovery moves. CM Gardevoir CAN benefit from Wish, and wish support would certainly help the rest of your recoveryless team. I recommend:

-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Thunderbolt
-Wish

I also suggest changing Gardevoir's item to Leftovers. The added bonus of this is Milotic will no longer spell the end of Gardevoir, although Haze variations will still be able to wall you.

With Uxie, and with Gardevoir a bit more defensive, I think this would be a much more balanced team.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
A quick comment first: I think Mergy passed this over, but Fake Out won't KO Alakazam, and it outspeeds and can kill you with Psychic.

Thanks Mergy and Melonhead. Yes i now, my problem with Ludicolo is drastic. Might a Uxie help? I know i should've made a Threat list but as i said i had to rush to my grandma and forgot to post a post with "reserved for threat list". Sure i'll change Gardevoirs set to WishCM and give it Lefties.

Thanks man

Hey Towriss! Yes i don't think i've ever won over a RD team. I'll try Trace on Gardevoir. Venusaur is a good idéa. I'll try it tomorrow.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)