Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower

Picked Mega-Altaria due to the Fairy/Dragon combo. Not really hit hard by much, except obviously by poison and ice types. Hyper Voice for the obvious STAB. Roost for recovery, heal bell because i also like to use her as a cleric in some situations. And flamethrower to deal with some of the others I don't my team can cover.

Venusaur @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Celebrate
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder

Z-Celebrate? Yes I know it's a bit strange, but believe it or not it works. I try to use sleep powder first, then if I can get it to work i use Z-Celebrate. Gives a nice boost to all stats, which works wonders with Giga Drain. Sludge bomb also is the other STAB move for hitting fairy types(Looking at you Sylveon) and grass types hard.

Milotic @ Leftovers
Ability: Marvel Scale
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Recover
- Haze
- Refresh

Absolutely love Milotic the combination of Marvel scale and recover. Scald is the only attack because its STAB and can cause burn, which helps with stalling. I can't tell you how many times i've won a 1v3 with Milotic because of that. Haze is there to stop boosting, and refresh in case I try to increase longevity.

Mismagius @ Ghostium Z
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 8 Def / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Thunderbolt
- Will-O-Wisp

Mismagius is mainly my Gliscor counter since nothing else on my team can really take it down. I like to hit Gliscor with Will-O-Wisp before its toxic orb can kick in. After that i set up a Nasty Plot or 2, then spam shadow ball. Thunderbolt is there for another coverage move.

Espeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 8 HP / 248 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Morning Sun

One of my 2 leads, Espeon with magic bounce works wonders. I try to calm mind on the first turn, as usually when people try to set up spikes and rocks, they forget Espeon has magic bounce. Psychic is the main STAB instead of psyshock incase Mismagius goes down so I can hit Gliscors weaker Special Defense. Shadow ball is used for coverage and morning sun for predicted switches and recovery.

Nidoking @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Sludge Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Substitute

Nidoking, Originally put on my team to be a rock setter, but quickly became an offensive force. Substitute followed by Rocks is its Niche, and after that I can usually destroy whatever cant get through the substitute.

Known Cons:
1) No way to clear hazards.
2) No physical attacker at all.
3) No "reliable" Hazard setter.

All recommendations welcome

teachable

Banned deucer.
Heya friend, not a UU goddess yet but let's see if I can help you out at all! I'm gonna assume you want to build with Z Celebrate Venusaur, although if you're fine dropping it LMK because I don't think its too amazing (no offense :p) since it gets outsped by the two most common scarfers (Infernape + Latias) at +1.

My first change is going to address your hazard setting issue, I'd recommend replacing Milotic with Swampert, I'll put the set below. This gives you a water-type (ish) that reliably sets rock/checks scizor/infernape and lets you run another pokemon in Nidoking's spot.

Now that you can run another Pokemon in Nido's place, I'd run Muk-Alola to help lessen your Latias weakness and hopefully trap it early on for a Venusaur sweep later.

Speaking of Latias, you need some speed control so I'd recommend swapping out Espeon for Scarf Latias, you can run Defog over Healing Wish; you're an offensive team so you should be pressuring Pokemon to not set rocks in the first place. This also gives you a Ground immunity which is nice since you have Muk.

Final few changes would be using one of the best ghost-types in the UU tier, Chandelure, in place of your Mismagius as it also lets you make use of leftovers instead of running double Z (sub seed serp check also), changing Venusaur to HP fire since Scizor is one of the best mons in the tier, and additionally changing your M Altaria set so you have a status sponge + another wincon w/ Facade + DD.

Here's the import below, lemme know what you like!

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Facade
- Earthquake
- Roost

Venusaur @ Normalium Z
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Celebrate
- Sludge Bomb
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Toxic

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Calm Mind
- Substitute

Latias @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Defog
- Trick

Muk-Alola @ Assault Vest
Ability: Poison Touch
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Gunk Shot
- Knock Off
- Fire Blast

vivalospride

can’t rest in peace cause they diggin me
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
If I'm gonna be frank, this team has a lot of suboptimal sets, suboptimal choices in pokemon, and flaws in general. To point out a few, you have two z moves, no steel type + a fairy that can't break Lati with recovery = a very poor CM Lati matchup, even Scarf sets are free to spam Psychic throughout the game without much drawback. It's hard to tell what you were going for in general with this team as well. On top of that the stall matchup in general is really difficult, having a toxic immune rocker with sub helps I suppose, but it's still walled by Blissey regardless (just like the rest of the team). I'll try my best to help you with these issues and more, I'm gonna rate this team with the assumption you built around Mega Altaria, so let's see:

- We're gonna go ahead and replace Milotic for Empoleon. Sorry but UU is filled to the brim with bulky waters and Milotic just simply isn't as good when compared to most of the others. In this case, Empoleon's fairy + flying resistances are amazing for Mega Altaria, but it's immunity to toxic and ability to set rocks on things like Moltres, Sylveon, Nihilego, etc. (all things that hard wall Malt), is amazing. The biggest thing here is the Dragon and Psychic resistances, Empo is a pretty consistent CM Lati answer (only really loses to Elec Z sets), which is something this team badly needs.
Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic

- So this one is simply just... Serp is better than Venusaur as a grass type sweeper. I decided that having something that could defog on grounds would be beneficial, so I went with a Defog + 3 Atks set with Normalium Z to help lure Moltres and Mega Altaria (team really struggles with DD sets).
Serperior @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

- We now have Stealth Rock on Empoleon, so Nidoking is something that can be replaced. However, we do still need a ground type that can at least semi reliably answer Mega Manectric, and the EQ Maero matchup is looking less than desirable as well. Pursuit support, speed control, and the things previously listed... Scarf Krook just fit perfectly over Nidok.
Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

- Just as cutie teachable did, I'm replacing Mismagius for Chandelure, Chandelure provides a solid Scizor check with Flame Body and improves the stall matchup a whole lot. Mismagius in general just isn't good in UU while Chandelure is great, it's just the better option between the two.
Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

- Double dance Cobalion comes in over Espeon because I'm not gonna lie, Espeon in UU is super awkward to make work, and as of right now the team is EATEN by Scizor + Muk, so having something that can punish Muk like Cobalion is really nice, Cobalion also works as a secondary Scizor answer w/ Rocky Helmet (I wish I could fit Z move on this mon, but it's definitely more important on Serp).
Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish

- This isn't too big of a change, just changing the Mega Altaria set a bit to make it a tad more offensive so it's not too pressured by bulky grounds, which gives Empo more room to breathe, and also giving it Ice Beam > Flamethrower because rn the Gliscor matchup is relying on Serperior w/o it.
Altaria @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Altaria @ Altarianite
Happiness: 0
EVs: 248 HP / 124 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Heal Bell

Empoleon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Protect
- Toxic

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flame Body
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Flamethrower
- Shadow Ball

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Earthquake

Serperior @ Normalium Z
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Defog
- Leaf Storm
- Hyper Beam
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Cobalion @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat
- Rock Polish
Hopefully this helped you out at least a bit, lmk if you have any questions just hmu on PS and/or Smogon n_n. I did this under the assumption that you built around Mega Altaria so I'm sorry if I touched things you didn't want touched, but I tried my best and I think I did a decent job. The Serperior matchup is a little shaky, if it ever gets really bad you can try doing SD Scizor > Cobalion (would hurt the whole Muk thing, but Serp is probably more important if you can't seem to manage with Malt + Krook). GL!! :D n_n :)

Thank you both for your help, I figured the team wasn't that good if you really dug into it. I was just doing good in the 1200ish score range. I assume the teams get more tough as you progress. Really appreciate it. I'm thinking of having my OU team rated later today if y'all would like to take a look later on

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)