Don't Fuckle with (Shuckle) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SDef
Impish Nature
- Sticky Web
- Knock Off
- Toxic
- Encore

At first, I was unconvinced of Shuckle's bulk, despite its base 230 defenses due to its base 20 HP. But after tanking Chesnaught Stone Edges, Ice Beams from various sources, and even Victini's V-Create (it lived with like 10% but still, GODDAM) I have grown to trust this guy. He is pretty much my anti-sweeper, encoring them into a nondamaging move and proceeding to knock off their item, and setting up them Sticky Webz. Even though it is not willing to take Scald from any pokemon whatsoever, I have drilled into my friends at school one thing: Don't fuckle With the Shuckle. I'd like to find a better hold item than Sitrus berry for shuckle, and I don't find Leftovers very useful on Shuckle. (I'm not opposed to the idea tho)

EchoEcho II (Exploud) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Modest Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

The original EchoEcho is a specs Noivern. Specs Exploud, on the other hand, is a freaking special monster, 2HKOing most of what I've encountered of the tier's special walls, and OHKOing the physical walls. STAB Boomburst is obligatory and has made me lol more times than I can count.

Mr. Krabs (Crawdaunt) @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet
- Waterfall
- Substitute

The only reason why I don't have crabhammer is because I have had very bad luck with 90 accuracy moves. (I have lost many sweeps because I missed Play Rough twice, or Draco twice) Mr Krabs does INSANE amounts of work while Sticky Web is up, damn near oneshotting everything it sees with Adaptability Knock Off while sitting pretty behind a sub. I have no complaints with how this set has been working so far, but any improvements are welcome.

Bruce (Crobat) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 4 SDef / 152 HP / 192 Atk / 160 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Defog
- Taunt
- U-turn

The stallbreaking Crobat set adapted from Crobat's Gen 5 page. Crobat is the reason why Sticky Web stays up once Shuckle has laid them down. The reason for the odd speed EVs is that APPARENTLY scarf Exploud outspeeds the stallbreaker by a few points of speed and I am determined not to let that happen again. I have used this set to some nice ends through good prediction, but I find myself missing Roost a lot. Defog because Crawdaunt needs all the health it can get and having rocks or spikes up doesn't exactly help.

Scarfrachi (Jirachi) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- U-turn
- Ice Punch
- Trick

Trolliest thing in the tier. Has ruined plenty of sweeps in Gen 5, and will do so again in Gen 6. The nerf to steel's defenses makes me :(, but when you can outspeed Hydreigon and Crawdaunt and flinchhax them to death, you stop caring after the first 5 kills.

Hail Hydra (Hydreigon) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Superpower
- Dark Pulse

I am convinced that there is a move that I can replace Roost with. I'd like to know just what that move may be. This thing is a absolute beast, providing the resistances necessary to stop things like Jolteon, threatening out Metagross (nonAV) and Victini, while cleaning lategame. Yes, I see the huge gaping fairy weakness, but I'd like said fairies to answer to Jirachi, who is no slouch in the bulk department either, uninvested or not.

I am aware that there is a notable fairy weakness in my team, and that the team relies on Sticky Web to put out a majority of its damage reliably. I am not convinced Crobat needs Defog, and I'd also would like suggestions on a replacement for Sitrus berry on Shuckle.

Welcome to smogon! This is definitely an interesting team. Just a few points...
1. Im not a fan of shuckle. On paper he seems perfect with right movepool, sturdy and big def stats. But youll find its easily predictable and easy to scout. On that note, why dont you dump sitrus berry for mental herb to stop the inevitable taunt. Drop toxic for stealth rock.
2.can you give calcs for exploud? KOing physical walls is easy, but some special walls i need to see the calcs.
3. Your team absolutely needs sticky web between crawdaunt anx exploud. So im not surr why defog is on crobat. I believe that you should look into a spinner perhaps mega blastoise?
4i would highly recommend just slapping choice band on crawdaunt. He has pitiful defenses and speed. Hyper voice gard breaks tbrough your sub. Youre better off with a cb and superpower over substitue.
5. Scarf rachi iz okay, but if you run. Sp def spread with paralysis support, it can support your main wall breakers even more especially if sticky web is gone.
6. Hydrrigon is okay. You couod consider a late game sweeper once crawdaunt and exploud didbtheir job. Agility metagross woukd be a great candidate since it is immune to t spikes and stickh web and has great coverage ti hit the thingsbthat crawdaunt cant hit for example like toxicroak.

Run crabhammer, even though you think you have bad luck, Substitute sucks on Crawduant. Also, band Vic comes in and fuckles the hell out of Shuckle, so watch out for those. There so many Special Wall breakers than Exploud such as Magnezone, Mega-Blastoise, and Mega-Ampharos. For purposes related to your teams needs, Magnezone would be the best replacement for your team. Analytic, Specs, lets it hit like a truck, and with some HP investment it can decently take hits as well. With Thunderbolt, Hidden Power Grass, and Flash Cannon, Magnezone gets near perfect coverage and with Volt-Switch for momentum, it is not dead wieght.

Last edited:
My shuckle literally has the exact same nickname. I would run leftovers on shuckle. and it doesn't benefit much from knock off, I would replace it with rest for additional recovery or stealth rock for additional support.

I think Exploud is a bit too slow to utilize max speed effectively, although it may work. If not I would invest EVs in max HP. Focus blast is also an extremely unreliable move for sweeping, just from accuracy. Good replacements would be surf, shadow ball or extrasensory.

I would consider replacing substitute with swords dance on Crawdaunt, for an even more effective sweep

Crobat can use roost well as a replacement for defog. Maybe superfang also for breaking through high defenced pokemon

Scarfrachi is a very troller set. I have faced them and they can do damage. Maybe replace ice punch with thunder, although it is unreliable in terms of accuracy serene grace doubles thunders chance of paralyzation, turning it from 30% to 60% chance. Together they are the most annoying set known to mankind, paraflinch. Plus it guarentees outspeeding the opponent.

Fireblast. Fireblast is almost essential on any hydregon set. Superpower is a risky move, but I guess it is a good answer to chansey thinking they can switch in on you

Hope the suggestions help

Welcome to smogon! This is definitely an interesting team. Just a few points...
1. Im not a fan of shuckle. On paper he seems perfect with right movepool, sturdy and big def stats. But youll find its easily predictable and easy to scout. On that note, why dont you dump sitrus berry for mental herb to stop the inevitable taunt. Drop toxic for stealth rock.
2.can you give calcs for exploud? KOing physical walls is easy, but some special walls i need to see the calcs.
3. Your team absolutely needs sticky web between crawdaunt anx exploud. So im not surr why defog is on crobat. I believe that you should look into a spinner perhaps mega blastoise?
4i would highly recommend just slapping choice band on crawdaunt. He has pitiful defenses and speed. Hyper voice gard breaks tbrough your sub. Youre better off with a cb and superpower over substitue.
5. Scarf rachi iz okay, but if you run. Sp def spread with paralysis support, it can support your main wall breakers even more especially if sticky web is gone.
6. Hydrrigon is okay. You couod consider a late game sweeper once crawdaunt and exploud didbtheir job. Agility metagross woukd be a great candidate since it is immune to t spikes and stickh web and has great coverage ti hit the thingsbthat crawdaunt cant hit for example like toxicroak.
Mental Herb on Shuckle sounds pretty fun. I'll give it a whirl. but I can't do anything about shuckle's predictability. Smeargle's OU, Ariados is even worse IMO, and Galvantula is locked up in OU.
Well, TBH, the team doesn't really hate rocks and spikes a ton, but I especially prefer a clean field for Crawdaunt to get the most out of his LO.
Scarfrachi's actual role is revenge killing, and if i replace it with a more supportive set, I risk being swept by things Crobat can't OHKO and things that outspeed and OHKO Hydreigon

Arkian

this is the state of grace
is a Contributor Alumnus
For everyone bashing Substitute on Crawdaunt, it's actually very scary and few teams are prepared for it. I remember fighting a Sub Crawdaunt on the ladder and it completely caught me off guard, and if I didn't have a perfect counter in Keldeo, I would probably have been hit hard enough to be in a position that I couldn't recover from.

Anyway, on to the team itself. It makes absolutely no sense to run Defog on a Sticky Web team, and this is further augmented by the fact that Crobat has trouble breaking through stall without reliable recovery. This is why I would recommend Roost > Defog. However, if you really want security from Spikes and Stealth Rock (I can see why, as your team needs to do a lot of switching and many of your Pokemon are vulnerable to Spikes), then I would recommend using Mega Blastoise over Crobat. Here is the set:

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite | Torrent (it will become Mega Launcher)
252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpA | Modest
Rapid Spin | Water Pulse | Dark Pulse | Aura Sphere

The EVs make sure that Blastoise always avoids the OHKO from Mega Medicham's High Jump Kick, which is a good place to be. However, this does make it hard for Blastoise to get past Jellicent, so if you want, you can go for a standard 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD spread.

As for your Hydreigon set, I think it's fine and I personally prefer Roost on it, but if it isn't working out for you or doesn't match your hyper offensive style, then I would say that Fire Blast would be the most sufficient replacement.

Also, I I don't really like Mental Herb being used over Sticky Web, and the reason for this is that Deoxys-D and Deoxys-S, the most common Taunt leads, are now gone from UU and very few Taunt leads remain (Tornadus-T comes to mind, and even then it rarely runs Taunt..) But I really do not like Sturdy on Shuckle, it's just so useless, and for this reason, I would recommend Contrary > Sturdy, as it can come in handy getting an evasion boost switching in on Defogs or something... It's extremely situational, but it isn't more situational than Sturdy lol.

Anyway, I hope you found my suggestions to be feasible saninorochimaru, and I wish you luck with your team ^.^

For everyone bashing Substitute on Crawdaunt, it's actually very scary and few teams are prepared for it. I remember fighting a Sub Crawdaunt on the ladder and it completely caught me off guard, and if I didn't have a perfect counter in Keldeo, I would probably have been hit hard enough to be in a position that I couldn't recover from.

Anyway, on to the team itself. It makes absolutely no sense to run Defog on a Sticky Web team, and this is further augmented by the fact that Crobat has trouble breaking through stall without reliable recovery. This is why I would recommend Roost > Defog. However, if you really want security from Spikes and Stealth Rock (I can see why, as your team needs to do a lot of switching and many of your Pokemon are vulnerable to Spikes), then I would recommend using Mega Blastoise over Crobat. Here is the set:

Blastoise @ Blastoisinite | Torrent (it will become Mega Launcher)
252 HP / 140 Def / 116 SpA | Modest
Rapid Spin | Water Pulse | Dark Pulse | Aura Sphere

The EVs make sure that Blastoise always avoids the OHKO from Mega Medicham's High Jump Kick, which is a good place to be. However, this does make it hard for Blastoise to get past Jellicent, so if you want, you can go for a standard 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD spread.

As for your Hydreigon set, I think it's fine and I personally prefer Roost on it, but if it isn't working out for you or doesn't match your hyper offensive style, then I would say that Fire Blast would be the most sufficient replacement.

Also, I I don't really like Mental Herb being used over Sticky Web, and the reason for this is that Deoxys-D and Deoxys-S, the most common Taunt leads, are now gone from UU and very few Taunt leads remain (Tornadus-T comes to mind, and even then it rarely runs Taunt..) But I really do not like Sturdy on Shuckle, it's just so useless, and for this reason, I would recommend Contrary > Sturdy, as it can come in handy getting an evasion boost switching in on Defogs or something... It's extremely situational, but it isn't more situational than Sturdy lol.

Anyway, I hope you found my suggestions to be feasible saninorochimaru, and I wish you luck with your team ^.^

Thanks for the reply. I have since tested Mega Blastoise with 252 HP / 252 SpA and it has indeed done better than Crobat, even though they served different roles. As for Hydreigon, Roost has been performing well, albeit rarely being used at all. Even so, I doubt that Fire Blast would do anything different. Dark Pulse and Draco seem to be quite enough for my UU ELO level. As for contrary Shuckle... eh? o...k i guess then. And I don't have many concerns about Megacham. Hydreigon and Jirachi have enough answers for it. (unless it bullet punches Jirachi, but most that I've ever seen carry just fakeout)

Your team doesn't seem to abuse Sticky Web very well... Hydro Pump>Water Pulse for sheer power, and Mega-Blastoise can take hits and dish them back with Modest. Also, try replacing Hydreigon with Band Darmanitan, who can abuse Sticky Web really well with it's sheer force. BandTini can work too, but it doesn't hit as hard.
Darmanitan @ Choice Band Jolly 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP Sheer Force
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Superpower/Rock Slide
The last slot is really personal preference. Hate Chansey? Superpower. Hate Zapdos/other Flying types more? Rock SLide.

Your team doesn't seem to abuse Sticky Web very well... Hydro Pump>Water Pulse for sheer power, and Mega-Blastoise can take hits and dish them back with Modest. Also, try replacing Hydreigon with Band Darmanitan, who can abuse Sticky Web really well with it's sheer force. BandTini can work too, but it doesn't hit as hard.
Darmanitan @ Choice Band Jolly 252 Atk 252 Spe 4 HP Sheer Force
- Flare Blitz
- Earthquake
- U-Turn
- Superpower/Rock Slide
The last slot is really personal preference. Hate Chansey? Superpower. Hate Zapdos/other Flying types more? Rock SLide.
I don't use Hydro Pump because it's unreliable damage, whereas Water Pulse delivers similar power with 100% accuracy. I appreciate Band Darmanitan's power quite a bit, but that makes the team even more reliant on the web than it already is. Hydreigon doesn't really need sticky web to outspeed a lot of things in the tier and hits like a mac truck. Of course, Exploud hits like a mac truck filled with cement, but is not as durable as Hydreigon (not that i'm saying Hydreigon is durable, but more so than Exploud).

Hydro Pump is really powerful with 110 x 1.5 = 165, 60 x 1.5 = 90. Hydro Pump is 1.85 x more powerful. The power boost is noticeable in this calc:
252+ SpA Mega Blastoise Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 147-174 (36.3 - 43%) -- 97.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Water Pulse vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Mew: 120-142 (29.7 - 35.1%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Mega Launcher Mega Blastoise Water Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Victini: 332-392 (97.3 - 114.9%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO
Hitting the numerous Ground and Fire types harder is a lot better, even though it has 80% accuracy. Hydro Pump was used over Surf last generation more because of the HUGE power boost in 95>120. 90>165 is pretty noticeable, and you 1HKO Victini 80% of the time. Just like Hydro Pump, but you can't say low damage low hax. Also, you might like Specs Chandelure since it doesn't NEED SW support to be good.
Chandelure @ Choice Specs Modest Infiltrator 252 SpAtk 252 Spe 4 HP
- Fire Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power Fighting
The sheer power of this set is amazing, as it can 2HKO all of UU bar Snorlax and Chansey. Florges takes 55.8 - 65.8% from Fire Blast;even Snorlax takes 40.8 - 48.4% from HP Fighting. I MUST EMPHASIZE: THIS DOES NOT RELY HEAVILY ON STICKY WEB.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)