ORAS OU UPDATED: Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated! aka Mega Alakazam Offense

So I just decided to create a team around Mega Alakazam. The main strategy of this team is to stack Spikes; I believe doing this would bring M-Alakazam to his fullest wallbreaking and sweeping potential. I had been wondering why he is considered as very effective in the OU metagame (he is ranked A+ in the Viability Rankings). I did several battles and saw that Spikes made M-Alakazam quite terrifying! However, before I start going higher into the ladder, I just want some extra help on this team, because I'm not sure whether I chose the best teammates for M-Alakazam.

• I named him Dr. Doofenshmirtz because I imagine M-Alakazam as an evil scientist (I'm gonna call M-Alakazam Dr. Doofenshmirtz from now on).
  • Thanks to a cool guy _Astral_, I've made improvements on my team, and the Old Version is on the bottom of the thread. Changes are in bold.
NOW.... here is the squad.

...see the resemblance? lol im kidding XD

+ Behold the evil genius, Mega Alakazam Dr. Doofenshmirtz! It has the speed and power that every cleaner loves to have: a huge 175 Special Attack and a blazing 150 speed (which makes him the fastest Mega in OU tied with Mega Aerodactyl). With the right support, Dr. Doofenshmirtz can RULE THE WORLD!

Dr. Doofenshmirtz (Alakazam-Mega) @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
  • Magic Guard is a great ability before Mega Evolving; it generally makes Dr. Doofenshmirtz less susceptible to residual damage.
  • EVs add extra power and speed (Timid is chosen over Modest in order to outspeed a lot more threats).
  • In my opinion, Psychic is MUCH better than Psyshock. It has more power in general and can reliably demolish most physical walls.
  • Focus Blast "Blasts" away Steel- and Dark- types.
  • Shadow Ball hits Psychic types who would otherwise wall this set.
  • NOBODY expects Taunt on this set, and it can surprise walls like Celebi, Chansey, and Clefable. Taunt basically aids Dr. Doofenshmirtz on stallbreaking.

upload_2016-4-25_12-49-58.png

Do you believe in Fairies?

++ Klefki is Dr. Doofenshmirtz's trustworthy assistant, being able to stack Spikes and aid him in his vile schemes. Not only that, but Klefki can also switch into many dangerous attacks, such as Latios's Draco Meteor and Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice. Finally, with Prankster and Thunder Wave, it is a good emergency stop to setup sweepers.

Major Key (Klefki) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon
  • Sitrus Berry gives Klefki more chances to set up Spikes and spread paralysis.
  • EVs and nature make Klefki survive more Special Attacks.
  • Prankster allows it to use Thunder Wave and Spikes with priority, which is useful in many situations.
  • Spikes are Spikes, and they are the name of the game. When stacked to at least 1-2 layers and with Stealth Rock, Spikes excel at pressuring the opponent.
  • Thunder Wave is a move I have already explained about -_-
  • Magnet Rise prevents it from being prematurely killed by Ground-type attacks. Toxic puts a timer on defensive wincons like CM (Mega) Slowbro, who would otherwise wreck my team.
  • Flash Cannon obliterates the otherwise troublesome Mega Diancie. But lol guys I don't know if it's the best option, because without Magnet Rise, Klefki is more vulnerable to Earth Power (although it can survive one).

(fairy)

+++ Ran out ideas for names, guys. Clefable is a dope check to Electric-types and Mega Sableye, who were formerly the biggest threats to my team. It is also an excellent win con with Calm Mind.

(fairy) (Clefable) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

• Leftovers give Clefable crucial passive recovery.
  • Magic Guard make Clefable immune to residual damage, helping it on its defensive capabilites.
  • EVs and Nature make Clefable survive 2 Thunderbolts from Thundurus and 2 Returns from M-Lopunny from full health. Convenient!
  • Calm Mind raises SpA and SpD by one stage; with a few boosts, Clefable can be very difficult to stop when its checks are eliminated.
  • Moonblast is Clefable's Fariy-type STAB.
  • Soft-Boiled is for recovery.
  • Flamethrower roasts Steel-types, who would otherwise wall this set. I don't need Thunder Wave for paralysis support.

rip coldsteel 2016-2016AD

++++ Yep, this thing doesn't really have any chill. Especially when it comes to breaking down bulkier Pokemon, especially Clefable! Unlike Bisharp (Coldsteel), the one whom Heatran replaced, Heatran can take care of Fairies MUCH more reliably. I'm using an offensive stallbreaker set to dish out lots of damage onto the opposing team.

no chill (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

• Air Balloon allows Heatran to check Mega Diancie, Excadrill, and other Pokemon that rely on Ground-type moves to defeat Heatran.
  • EVs and Nature make Heatran outspeed max speed Bisharp and boosts the power of its moves.
  • Magma Storm is a great trapping tool, especially for cheeky defensive Pokemon who try to switch in to Heatran.
  • Earth Power kills M-Charizard X, Excadrill, and M-Diancie.
  • Taunt trolls defensive Pokemon.
  • Stone Edge obliterates defensive Talonflame.

gotta blast

+++++ Rotom-w is a check to birdspam, sand offense, and Ground-types. It is also pivot with Volt Switch, so that my teammates can safely switch in.

Mr. Clean (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
  • Leftovers give passive recovery.
  • EVs make Mr. Clean physically bulky; its Water/Electric typing is better suited to take physical hits than special hits. 8 Spe EVs enable Rotom-w to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt.
  • Volt Switch is for pivoting.
  • Hydro Pump hits Ground- and Fire- types.
  • Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers and renders them useless for the rest of the match.
  • Pain Split is for recovering and can make Rotom-w a pain in the ass (okay okay, bad pun, I know that).

Pokken Tournament model...u liek?

++++++ Finally, TankChomp is a reliable Stealth Rock setter and a great check to Scizor, MB Excadrill, and non-Ice Punch Mega Lopunny, making Dr. Doofenshmirtz's dreams of world domination come true. TankChomp also ensures that Rotom-w isn't the only one switching into physical attacks. This variant of Garchomp is chosen over the offensive one, because this team is not supposed to be very fast-paced anyway.

Sharknado (Garchomp) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 240 HP / 176 Def / 92 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
  • Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin punishes physical attackers big time, taking off 30% of their HP for every contact move.
  • EVs and Nature make TankChomp physically defensive and able to outspeed Jolly Bisharp.
  • Stealth Rock is a great entry hazard.
  • Earthquake is a decent STAB move in general, giving TankChomp some offensive presence.
  • Dragon Tail phazes opponents who try to set up on him. Also, it racks up lots of damage with Stealth Rock and Spikes on the field.
  • Fire Blast "surprises" Steel-types who would otherwise wall TankChomp.

(WILL/MIGHT POST A THREATLIST LATER)

Importable:
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Flash Cannon

Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

no chill (Heatran) @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Stone Edge

Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Replays:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-364294485
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-364297971

Despite my improvements, I'm struggling to pass mid-1500 ELO.

...see the resemblance? lol im kidding XD

+ Behold the evil genius, Mega Alakazam Dr. Doofenshmirtz! It has the speed and power that every cleaner loves to have: a huge 175 Special Attack and a blazing 150 speed (which makes him the fastest Mega in OU tied with Mega Aerodactyl). With the right support, Dr. Doofenshmirtz can RULE THE WORLD!

Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt
  • Magic Guard is a great ability before Mega Evolving; it generally makes Dr. Doofenshmirtz less susceptible to residual damage.
  • EVs add extra power and speed (Timid is chosen over Modest in order to outspeed a lot more threats).
  • In my opinion, Psychic is MUCH better than Psyshock. It has more power in general and can reliably demolish most physical walls.
  • Focus Blast "Blasts" away Steel- and Dark- types.
  • Shadow Ball hits Psychic types who would otherwise wall this set.
  • NOBODY expects Taunt on this set, and it can surprise walls like Celebi, Chansey, and Clefable. Taunt basically aids Dr. Doofenshmirtz on stallbreaking.

Do you believe in Fairies?

++ Klefki is Dr. Doofenshmirtz's trustworthy assistant, being able to stack Spikes and aid him in his vile schemes. Not only that, but Klefki can also switch into many dangerous attacks, such as Latios's Draco Meteor and Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice. Finally, with Prankster and Thunder Wave, it is a good emergency stop to setup sweepers.

Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon
  • Sitrus Berry gives Klefki more chances to set up Spikes and spread paralysis.
  • EVs and nature make Klefki survive more Special Attacks.
  • Prankster allows it to use Thunder Wave and Spikes with priority, which is useful in many situations.
  • Spikes are Spikes, and they are the name of the game. When stacked to at least 1-2 layers and with Stealth Rock, Spikes excel at pressuring the opponent.
  • Thunder Wave is a move I have already explained about -_-
  • Magnet Rise prevents it from being prematurely killed by Ground-type attacks.
  • Flash Cannon obliterates the otherwise troublesome Mega Diancie.

Screw you Latios

+++ Keldeo is a near-mandatory teammate to check Bisharp and the other pesky Darks that can usually ruin Dr. Doofenshmirtz's day. The pony also has a good matchup with Garchomp, Landorus-t, and many other Ground-types.

n_n (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
  • Specs make Keldeo much harder to switch in to. I don't really need Scarf because I already have Dr. Doofenshmirtz as a fast attacker, and I don't like Scarf in general.
  • EVs make Keldeo stronger and faster.
  • Scald spreads BURNS.
  • Secret Sword shreds Steel- and Dark- types and has decent coverage with Scald overall.
  • Hydro Pump is for even more OHKOing power, which can be crucial in some situations.
  • Icy Wind smacks Breloom and Lati@s in the nuts and make them sorry for messing with the pony.

psssh...nothin personnel kid.

++++ Meet Bisharp, the edgiest Pokemon ever to exist. He is so edgy, even Weavlie and Scizor are jealous of his edginess. With Defiant, Bisharp (aka Coldsteel) deters Lati@s and Skarmory from using Defog and thus stopping Dr. Doofenshmirtz's plans of terrorizing the OU metagame. Coldsteel is an excellent late-game sweeper, and he is a good check to defensive Fairies.

Coldsteel (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
  • The power increase from Life Orb can decide some games and make Bisharp more powerful overall.
  • Defiant makes Defoggers think twice.
  • EVs and Nature make Bisharp fast and hard-hitting.
  • Knock Off is good for utility and power.
  • Swords dance makes Coldsteel a terrifying sweeper late-game.
  • Iron Head destroys Fairies.
  • Sucker Punch is Coldsteel's cleaning tool.

gotta blast

+++++ Rotom-w is a check to birdspam, sand offense, and Ground-types. It is also pivot with Volt Switch, so that my teammates can safely switch in.

Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split
  • Leftovers give passive recovery.
  • EVs make Mr. Clean physically bulky; its Water/Electric typing is better suited to take physical hits than special hits. 8 Spe EVs enable Rotom-w to outspeed Adamant Crawdaunt.
  • Volt Switch is for pivoting.
  • Hydro Pump hits Ground- and Fire- types.
  • Will-O-Wisp cripples physical attackers and renders them useless for the rest of the match.
  • Pain Split is for recovering and can make Rotom-w a pain in the ass (okay okay, bad pun, I know that)

Pokken Tournament model...u liek?

++++++ Finally, TankChomp is a reliable Stealth Rock setter and a great check to Scizor, MB Excadrill, and non-Ice Punch Mega Lopunny, making Dr. Doofenshmirtz's dreams of world domination come true. TankChomp also ensures that Rotom-w isn't the only one switching into physical attacks. This variant of Garchomp is chosen over the offensive one, because this team is not supposed to be very fast-paced anyway.

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
  • Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin punishes physical attackers big time, taking off 30% of their HP for every contact move.
  • EVs and Nature make TankChomp physically defensive and able to outspeed Jolly Bisharp.
  • Stealth Rock is a great entry hazard.
  • Earthquake is a decent STAB move in general, giving TankChomp some offensive presence.
  • Dragon Tail phazes opponents who try to get cheeky and set up on him. Also, it racks up lots of damage with Stealth Rock and Spikes on the field.
  • Fire Blast "surprises" Steel-types who would otherwise wall TankChomp.

And now to the...
THREATLIST

Dragonite has a great chance to foil Dr. Doofenshmirtz's evil plans, because its Lum Berry absorbs Klefki's Thunder Wave. Thankfully, Dragonite is a rarity in the OU metagame, and Klefki can take advantage of it being locked in Outrage.

Specs Keldeo is relatively hard to switch in to, but very easy to revenge kill with Dr. Doofenshmirtz.

When Garchomp is dead or weakened, MB Excadrill can be a huge threat to my team, although I don't see it a lot.

Electric-types can be a threat to my team, although they are easily worn down by entry hazards, easily bringing them into the KO range of Dr. Doofenshmirtz's Psychic or Coldsteel's Sucker Punch.

While opposing Rotom-w is easily overwhelmed by my wallbreakers, I certainly don't like switching into it. Mr. Clean can be crippled by Will-O-Wisp, hindering its job as a physical pivot. Also, don't switch Dr. Doofenshmirtz into Rotom-w. It's pretty stupid.

Although rare, M-Sableye is like Perry the Platypus. It completely foils Dr. Doofenshmirtz's plans almost every time, because it prevents Klefki from setting entry hazards, the main strategy of my team. Keldeo is the only check to this little prick, which is not very good.

IMPORTABLE:
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Taunt

Calm Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Magnet Rise
- Flash Cannon

n_n (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind

Coldsteel (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch

Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Replays: (some were haxwins, and yes, most replays were when Thundurus was in the 5th team slot instead of Mr. Clean)
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-363091945
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-363086584 <--- lucky win against M-Sableye team XDDDD
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-362326019
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-362146891

===
===

-toenails_sauce

Attachments

Last edited:
Ehy man :)
Really nice build, good offensive. The team is pretty solid but there are things to improve. The first problem of this team are Fast Electric Type, you haven't a switch in for things like Manectric or Raikou that destroy this build really easily your only possible switch in is Garchomp but is 1HKO after some damage with Hidden Power Ice. Another problem of this team is Keldeo, you haven't switch in against it your only mode to kill it is with Alakazam or paralyze it with Klefky. Mega Slowbro is an annoying presence for this team because after CM destroy this build. Pokemon like Serperior are annoying and in general Stall Build destroy this team because you haven't really stallbreaker. Rotom-W destroy this build really easily: you haven't switch in against it, for this reason can spam Wow and Volt Switch really easily you can only revegekill it.

My suggest is to try Latios > Rotom-W: yeah I know that this is a spikes + SR offensive but the team was weak to Thundurus and electrics in general so this could check them along with Zard Y and Keldeo while providing hazard removal in emergency situations, also gives you a good switch in for Rotom. Also I think that Thunderbolt is a good option because the team is weak to Water Type and thunderbolt helps to lure Skermory (that is a common Alakazam switch), the team is more aggressive and Alaria is annoying for this reason you can try Ice Beam over defog for improve this matchup. Another suggest is to try Heatran > Bisharp: Heatran gives you a good counter for Serperior (if haven't Hidden Power Ground) and with Magma Storm + Taunt break Stall Build Air Balloon is a mandatory choice in this team because the ground spam (like Sand Rush Excadrill is pretty annoying)., Flash Cannon improve your matchup against Fairy like Diancie and Clegable that are annoying for this team. A minor suggest is to try Toxic > Magnet Rise on Klefky for improve your matchup against Slowbro. Also I think that Leftovers over Sitrus Berry is the best option because gives you a passive recovery. Other option that you can try are Yache Berry + Stone Edge Garchomp to improve your matchup against Electric Type, Thundurus and Wow Talonflame.

The team isn't perfect and have some Weakness the first is Diancie, you haven't a really switch in for it but Heatran can helps against it. Other problems is Wow Talonflame, because you haven't really mode to break it, you can try Stone Edge on Garchomp to improve this weakness. Also core like Electric + Pursuit users are annoying.

Set Complete:
Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Hope I help :3

Last edited:
Ehy man :)
Really nice build, good offensive. The team is pretty solid but there are things to improve. The first problem of this team are Fast Electric Type, you haven't a switch in for things like Manectric or Raikou that destroy this build really easily your only possible switch in is Garchomp but is 1HKO after some damage with Hidden Power Ice. Another problem of this team is Keldeo, you haven't switch in against it your only mode to kill it is with Alakazam or paralyze it with Klefky. Mega Slowbro is an annoying presence for this team because after CM destroy this build. Pokemon like Serperior are annoying and in general Stall Build destroy this team because you haven't really stallbreaker. Rotom-W destroy this build really easily: you haven't switch in against it, for this reason can spam Wow and Volt Switch really easily you can only revegekill it.

My suggest is to try Latios > Rotom-W: yeah I know that this is a spikes + SR offensive but the team was weak to Thundurus and electrics in general so this could check them along with Zard Y and Keldeo while providing hazard removal in emergency situations, also gives you a good switch in for Rotom. Also I think that Thunderbolt is a good option because the team is weak to Water Type and thunderbolt helps to lure Skermory (that is a common Alakazam switch), the team is more aggressive and Alaria is annoying for this reason you can try Ice Beam over defog for improve this matchup. Another suggest is to try Heatran > Bisharp: Heatran gives you a good counter for Serperior (if haven't Hidden Power Ground) and with Magma Storm + Taunt break Stall Build Air Balloon is a mandatory choice in this team because the ground spam (like Sand Rush Excadrill is pretty annoying)., Flash Cannon improve your matchup against Fairy like Diancie and Clegable that are annoying for this team. A minor suggest is to try Toxic > Magnet Rise on Klefky for improve your matchup against Slowbro. Also I think that Leftovers over Sitrus Berry is the best option because gives you a passive recovery. Other option that you can try are Yache Berry + Stone Edge Garchomp to improve your matchup against Electric Type, Thundurus and Wow Talonflame.

The team isn't perfect and have some Weakness the first is Diancie, you haven't a really switch in for it but Heatran can helps against it. Other problems is Wow Talonflame, because you haven't really mode to break it, you can try Stone Edge on Garchomp to improve this weakness. Also core like Electric + Pursuit users are annoying.

Set Complete:
Klefki @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Thunder Wave
- Toxic
- Play Rough

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Magma Storm
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Ice Beam
- Roost
- Thunderbolt

Hope I help :3
Wow! Thanks a lot for the suggestions! They really made me think about my team's weaknesses. I tried your suggestions and made changes on my team that I will explain below (might update the thread if I have time).

CM Clefable>Keldeo; I really did not need Keldeo as much as I thought, because TankChomp already checks Bisharp. Plus, Clefable can not only check Electric-types like Latios but can also serve as a very solid win condition when its checks are gone (I also think Clefable is a more reliable check to Electric-types).

Set:
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower

I gave Clefable Flamethrower in the fourth moveslot because my team does not need paralysis support.

Alright... now I prefer the instant recovery from Sitrus Berry because Klefki does not usually stay in the field for a very long time, and Sitrus Berry can turn more 2HKOs into 3HKOs than Leftovers can. I guess it's just up to preference. However, I replaced Magnet Rise with Toxic, which I can see very helpful against CM (Mega) Slowbro, whom I would otherwise lose against. And should I replace Flash Cannon with Play Rough? Flash Cannon kills Mega Diancie, although Clefable already checks it, so I'm still thinking about it...

Okay well I'm not sure on replacing Bisharp with Air Balloon Heatran. I might keep Bisharp, because he is very effective in this offensively-oriented metagame, sweeping whole teams when given the chance. Plus, I already have Clefable as a check for M-Sableye and M-Diancie. I also very rarely see stall teams, so I think it is more reasonable to prepare for offensive teams (by keeping Bisharp). On the other hand, Heatran would certainly give me a better chance against bulkier/balanced builds (although I still doubt he can beat full stall teams). But...I'm still deciding.
IGNORE THAT HEATRAN IS A LOT BETTER THAN I THOUGHT LOL

Again, thank you very much for your help, and my team would not have improved without it.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)