ORAS OU untiltled unmastered (peak top 10) Semi-Bulky Offence

Oye! This is probably one of the better teams I've made. Got really high on the ladder with it before.
Made this team with the idea of having a good match up against almost every type of team and making this team less match up reliant and more skill reliant. I decided to go the gay route and name the team after a new album that came out. Like the title of this RMT the team needs some work I think and it has a few holes that I know need to be patched up, but I can't think of anything to replace. If you can help on EV's or better mon I'll like your post and give you credit.

Gardevoir @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 28 Def / 228 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Taunt
- Focus Blast
This was the first Pokemon I put on the team. It takes care of stall and balance while dealing with, in my opinion, the most annoying mon, Sableye, while being an overall a great mon. The move set is pretty standard, but the EVs are there so you can don't get 2hko'd by Latios Psyshock(252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 0 HP / 28 Def Mega Gardevoir: 116-136 (41.8 - 49%) -- guaranteed 3HKO). Definitely underused I don't why I don't see it more often.

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Outrage
- Dragon Claw
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
I keep getting yelled at for not using Lando-T instead, but I have my reasons. Chomp can outspeed jolly Xard after 1 dd and outspeeds a lot of other fast threats. The main move you'll be spamming is outrage to deal with those pesky flying type Pokemon. It also doesn't set off Bisharp's Defiant when it comes in. I'm still pretty in between on both this and Lando-T.

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp/Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
Being honest this mon is pretty much filler. It spin blocks which is one of the main reasons I chose it over Thundurus and deals with Chansey even better than Garde can. I'm going between Will-O and Taunt because I can either burn Hippos and Bisharps or it can be a stallbreaker.

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off
Slowbro was put on the team because there are a lot of offensive Pokemon that pressure the team that I have so far. Deals with Xard, Talon, Keldeo and so on. Really good mon, twave because a twaved mon is pretty much already dead and other moves because they're good. Also a great pivot.

Jirachi @ Expert Belt
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 136 HP / 252 SpA / 120 Spe
Rash Nature
- Icy Wind
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Iron Head
Probably the most unique set on the team. 265 speed to speed creep tankchomp and catch with an icy wind, and flinch breloom with iron head. Hp Fire 2hko's Ferrothorn and a lot of other things. Also can come in on opposing Gardes while also dealing with Lati's well.

Bisharp @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Low Kick/Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
Bisharp is probably one of the best mons on the team imo, Low kick to help with other bisharps while helping with Bulky Steels like ferro and Heatran. I don't know if I like sd better or Low Kick. Everyone also tells me lum is terrible, but I've had great success with it to be hoenst.

I'm terrible at conclusions
Import: http://pastebin.com/m4Vd79vj

Proof of Peak: http://puu.sh/lXVwf/63f8ec3162.jpg (#10 shekel lord)
Edit: Changed Slowbro EVs due to Barian's recommendation​

Last edited:
Hi Dude! Really original and solid team you have here :]. I would change Slow bro so that it runs 24 SPD so that you avoid the 2Hko from Keldeo After Stealth rocks. Other then that everything is fine, nice team.

Sun

Who cares if one more light goes out? Well I do...
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hello byee
Nice team you has here,as the Bulky Offense is a Playstyle very strong now,which is probably the best Playstyle of the moment.

I'd suggest you to put 24 SpD on Slowbro, it allows Slowbro to take 3hko by Hydro Pump after rocks from Keldeo .

At this point, i'd suggest you to put
0 Ivs on Atk on all your special attackers, to take less damage from Foul play and confusion.

After correcting the ivs on your special attackers ,since you lack a strong physical sweeper , i'd suggest you to replacing Bisharp's Jolly Nature with an Adamant one, being better to deal with Stalling teams and Offensive Teams.Also i suggest you to put Black Glasses,being better to Sweep.

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Adamant Nature
- Low Kick/Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

Slowbro @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 232 Def / 24 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Psyshock
- Thunder Wave
- Slack Off

Hope i help you ^^

Last edited:

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I don't really like Jirachi on this team. I think in theory while it can be useful in luring certain threats such as Lando-T with Icy Wind alongside a Garde switch in, I find it to be a crummy rocker who doesn't threaten M-Sableye and is giving you a larger weakness to things like Bisharp. I think Heatran would be a more useful slot to cover this large weakness you have to Mega Scizor while providing you the rocker role as well.
Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 Def
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Stealth Rock
Magma Storm to keep defensive cores at bay while netting some chip damage through its effect. HP Ice provides a similar purpose that Jirachi was using Icy Wind for minus the speed reduction in netting hits on Lando-T and Garchomp. This also gives you a bit of cushion against Gliscor as well.

Slowbro spread I would go with 240 HP / 232 Def / 28 SpD / 8 Spe in tandem with Kings Sun suggestion about the 0 IVs in attack he mentioned. It hits the same 3HKO Keldeo benchmark, while being an odd number for residual damage and a Leftovers number at the same time. The 8 speed is so that you can Psyshock or Thunder Wave standard Amoonguss before it Spores you along with any other base 30s such as Slowbro and it's Mega Form.

The Gardevoir is missing 4 EVS which should just go into Special Attack. No biggie more of a heads up.

I believe that Scarf Lando-T would be more useful on your team than Garchomp. The momentum that can be grabbed through U-Turn can help get in some of your balance breakers like M-Gardevoir and Gengar more easily while providing a momentary cushion against sand builds.
Landorus-Therian @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn
Stone Edge provides you the rock coverage to break Talonflame a bit better along with Torn-T. Superpower reduces the slight weakness you have to Mega Gyarados so that you can net a stronger hit on it than Earthquake would.

I think Lum Berry is more suitable to this team than Life Orb is on your Bisharp. You're not running one of those yolo ass offenses some guys like to flex with centered around Spikes and the last thing you need on one of your main win conditions against offense is to have Bisharp burned by the likes of Scald, Thunder Wave Clefs, or just any status effect in general.
Bisharp @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
You have an optional spread of putting 12 EVS into Special Defense to survive a +1 Mega Slowbros Scald after Rocks but you would lose the advantage of speed ties against opposing Adamant Brelooms and Adamant Bisharps since you would be taking out Speed. The classic 52 SpDef spread would allow you to survive a HP Fire from Latios but you now not only lose to the mentioned threats above but you will also get outpaced by threats such as Crawdaunt who normally run Jolly, as Aqua Jet will hit you before you can Sucker Punch. I'd advise more on using the set and focus on playing optimally in those situational cases but something to consider.

The last thing really is Gengar. I'd consider using the SubSplit attacker set to alleviate your match up against Tyranitar a bit better to provide more opportunities to Focus Blast it and scout for in an incoming one trying to pursuit you in the case of Scarf and Band tar. SubSplit also helps Gengar maintain some more longevity against fatter builds while putting the Sucker Punch Bisharp mind-games more in your favor.
Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP / 0 Atk
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Substitute
- Pain Split
An optional set is Sludge Wave / Focus Blast as the moves to maintain pressure on Clefable, while Shadow Ball is a bit more spammable and doesn't get you blocked by Jirachi, Latis and defensive Psychics.

All these changes in mind barring the Subsplit suggestion makes you slightly more weaker to Bisharp. The Lando-T change however I think is more beneficial in threat control relevant to the metagame than Garchomp is when your more defensive backbone handles many of the threats Scarf Chomp offensively checks. If the Bisharp weakness becomes really noticeable you can opt to run Will-O-Wisp M-Gardevoir at the expense of playing better to break fat teams, or a more suitable Will-O-Wisp Heatran over HP Ice, which the loss would be a weaker Gliscor matchup and easier time for the opponent to set up rocks with TankChomp and Lando-T.

Best of luck to you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)