Metagame Ultimate counter to meloetta

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I was theorymonning one day like a typical pokemon fanboy and I came up with the ultimate solution to meloetta. This may seem a bit unconventional but I can verify that it works extremely well. What I propose:

Bouffalant @ Choice Band / Assault Vest
Ability: Soundproof
Nature: Adamant
EVs: 252HP. 252Atk. 4SpD
Moves:
- Head Charge
- Megahorn
- Earthquake
- Pursuit

Typical Meloetta builds include Hyper Voice and Shadow Ball. Both of which Bouffalant is immune to, with his fantastic defenses, he can easily trap and OHKO Meloetta with a Pursuit (with SR). This version is also able to counter Meloetta-P to some extent since it is immune to Relic Song, making Meloetta unable to change form. Due to Meloetta's low base attack (77) and lack of STAB, his Close Combat is significantly weaker than Meloetta-P's and has no chance of OHKO'ing Bouffalant.

A perfect combo to this Bouffalant is Defensive Cresselia, which can easily bait Shadow Ball/Hyper Voice for an easy KO (i.e. Opponent expects a Cress switch-in but you switch in Bouffalant instead ;D). The biggest advantage of the set is the surprise factor.

So if you have an issue with Meloetta or BoomBursting Exploud, give this set a go.

Last edited:

Molk

Godlike Usmash
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
hi coffeeaddict! sadly i have to lock this because it's not the appropriate place to post a thread like this, but we'd be happy to hear about bouffalant in the NP: thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)