Pokémon Tyranitar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just an aside if you're going to mess around with this: I've seen two or three different people that thought they could be cheeky and trick AV onto an SR lead before it sets rocks, but having AV tricked onto you doesn't cancel the use of support moves on that turn, it prevents their selection from that turn forward.

This is relevant to the thread because Tyranitar learns Stealth Rock, clearly.
So the only way is to trick it on the switch, which is quite...tricky

Fling doesn't give a stall pokemon like Chansey the Assault Vest, essentially making it worthless since it can't use support moves at that point. Fling simply does damage and rids you of your own item. The only relevant set with Fling was Gliscor at the start of BW

What's really good about TTar for me is that it can effectively do almost anything. Scizor BP? Type-Resist berry + Flamethrower. Gliscor giving you trouble? Ice Beam.
Need a lead? FB + SR sp.def set. A phys. wallbreaker that can 2HKO Skarmory? Band. A good pivot + tank? SR + Pursuit MegaTar w/ Wish support. Need Psychics / Ghosts dead? Scarfed Pursuit. A really bulky DDer? MegaTar. The most specially bulky mon in the game? (252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Focus Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Assault Vest Tyranitar in Sand: 188-224 (46.5 - 55.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock or 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Focus Blast vs. 4 HP / 252 SpD Eviolite Chansey: 300-354 (46.7 - 55.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock)
Keldeo is just a random sp.attacker. I know it doesn't use FB, and I made TTar pure Rock in that calc. But he's bulkier than EVIOLITE CHANSEY, proportionally, which should be respected.
He can even run pure special (its not too good tho) or SubPunch to surprise certain Pokes, or even go Mega with a passable phys.def set boasting more bulk than Skarmory.

Does anyone use this tyranitar set?
Tyranitar @Choice Scarf
252 Atk/252+ Spd/ 4 SpDef
Jolly Nature (+SpD, - SpAtk)
Crunch
Stone Edge
Superpower
Pursuit

I use Superpower for coverage, especially Ttar on Ttar battles. It also gives me something to use against ferro (It 2HKO's, I think). The rest of the moves are self explanatory. Ttar's bulk really makes this set. It can live attacks from so many high damage attackers. It lives a greninja Hydro Pump, which is vital, and outspeeds and kills most everything else.

Would the DD set in the OP still be optimal in this meta? I'm running Ice Punch, EQ, and Stone Miss, but I'm thinking crunch might serve me better as a replacement for one of them.

Would the DD set in the OP still be optimal in this meta? I'm running Ice Punch, EQ, and Stone Miss, but I'm thinking crunch might serve me better as a replacement for one of them.
It's optimal in the sense that it's Mega Tyranitar's best set, but the set itself is mediocre due to the influx of new Megas competing with it and Mega Altaria, which is considered a better bulky DDer for the most part. Honestly, unless Pikachuu is still around, this thread probably needs a revamp considering the OP has AssVest and WP Tyranitar listed in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)