SV Ubers Turning The Page [1k Thread]

Vertigo

wouldn't you like to know
is a Top Social Media Contributoris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
I didn't think I'd make one of these one day for many reasons, but truth be told this 1000th post couldn't have come at a better time.

Introduction
Most of you who know my name prooobably know that I used to be a 1v1 main, so why an Ubers RMT?
Long story short, I had never seriously played any 6v6 format (let alone build for one) and sticked to 1v1 until a series of events and people I met basically made me try Ubers, and this is the first 6v6 tier I enjoyed playing regularly, and wanted to really get good at, so here we are now.
I still very much suck at anything 6v6, so I built this team mostly by myself, with A LOT of help from Frito.

The Team

:xy/ribombee:
Purposeless (Ribombee) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Pounce

The best Sticky Web lead on Hyper Offense teams, there's not much to say about this one. You outspeed Arceus formes and can only get taunted by Prankster users or Miraidon. Pounce is there for sweepers trying to set up in front of it, letting the rest of the team deal with it. Tera Steel was an option for Mortal Spin but Tera Ghost is just as fine for EKiller, realistically you aren't clicking Tera on this anyway.

:xy/koraidon:
Easy Solution (Koraidon) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

I love Loaded Dice Koraidon. Scale Shot obliterates so many things and unless you're running into Scarf Koraidon or Miraidon, odds are you're gonna do damage. Flare Blitz under Sun is great for Necrozma-Dusk-Mane and Zacian-Crowned, and Tera Ghost just gives you a free SD turn if EKiller decides to click Extreme Speed, then you just kill with Scale Shot annnnd most of the time you won the game there. Low Kick is a good STAB, considered Close Combat but the consistency it provides wasn't really worth the stat drops, so Low Kick it is.

:xy/kyurem-black:
All Falls Down (Kyurem-Black) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Teravolt
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Tera Blast

Another Loaded Dice mon! This one is pretty straightforward except I opted for Tera Fire Tera Blast on top of the usual DD Spear Bolt, that lets you set up in front of Ho-Oh with literally zero drawback and kill it back, and a few other things along the way. Tera Fire also performs well against Zacian-Crowned, and one DD is enough to kill it back.

:xy/zacian-crowned:
Cult Adoption (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Behemoth Blade
- Wild Charge

Pretty standard Zacian-Crowned set here, last moveslot Wild Charge for Ho-Oh and Kyogre. I opted for Tera Flying to beat Groudon and Arceus-Ground and get a free SD in, but Tera Fire to set up on Ho-Oh could do as well.

:xy/arceus-ground:
Lesson Learned (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Went through a lot for this one. I initially wanted Groudon, but Frito made me realize that it had lost Rock Polish (which I hadn't even noticed until then), so we went for Arceus-Ground instead. I then wanted to go for special attacker, however Frito then made me realize setup options for special attackers aren't great compared to physical attackers. A version of a similar team I used to ladder with before building this one had SD, but we decided to go with DD here. Stone Edge is the coverage you need for Flying-types, and Taunt is an essential tool to negate Trick Room setters like Necrozma-Dusk-Mane or Calyrex-Ice.

:xy/basculegion:
Moving On (Basculegion) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Last Respects
- Wave Crash
- Substitute

Here it is. The NU mon terrorizing Ubers. Even if you somehow manage to play badly and lose the rest of your team, you only need to live one hit and click Agility (if somehow Sticky Web isn't up or it's a Scarf mon) or Substitute to just win anyway, hoping Arceus is dead if there's one or that there is no Tera Normal somewhere. This is the highlight of that team, and the first mon I thought of when I asked Frito to help me build my first ever Ubers (first ever 6v6, even) team.

If for some crazy reason you want the team, here you are.
https://pokepast.es/f8e27b8ca5f4411e

Purposeless (Ribombee) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Shield Dust
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Moonblast
- Bug Buzz
- Pounce

Easy Solution (Koraidon) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Orichalcum Pulse
Jolly Nature
- Scale Shot
- Flare Blitz
- Low Kick
- Swords Dance

All Falls Down (Kyurem-Black) @ Loaded Dice
Ability: Teravolt
Tera Type: Fire
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Icicle Spear
- Fusion Bolt
- Tera Blast

Cult Adoption (Zacian-Crowned) @ Rusted Sword
Ability: Intrepid Sword
Tera Type: Flying
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Play Rough
- Behemoth Blade
- Wild Charge

Lesson Learned (Arceus-Ground) @ Earth Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Taunt

Moving On (Basculegion) @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Adaptability
Tera Type: Ground
Jolly Nature
- Agility
- Last Respects
- Wave Crash
- Substitute

Here are some replays of me laddering with that team, somehow I won with it so maybe it's not that bad???

Now onto what was admittedly the hardest thing to do, much more than build the team or play with it. I really suck with words, and I tend to care too much about things or people that I shouldn't. This is just part of what I deal with on the daily, but this isn't about me here. It's about all the people that help me, knowingly or not, pushing through for better days. You may find yourself tagged here even though you didn't expect to, and even if we didn't interact that much or for very long, if you're here then you deserve to be here in my eyes.

DripLegend - Thank you for everything you've done for me last year, believing in me when even my depressed self didn't. A big reason I'm a bit better with self-confidence is how you trusted me, and the time we spent together last year was invaluable. We may be going different ways now for reasons you know, but I'm not forgetting you, and you still are one of my closest friends here.

Frito - You deserve 2 shoutouts. The first for helping me make this team, and generally speaking for helping me SO MUCH getting into Ubers and getting better, watching me when I'm laddering and giving me resources and advice when I needed them. The second, for being one of people I've become friends recently, and yet I appreciate every second I spend with you. It may not be a lot, but I sure wish it was. It's one of those random encounters via mutual friends that end up bringing something positive in your life, and I see a lot of myself in you as you may have noticed in our recent discussions. I'm not the greatest at DMing and I may not show it that much, but I appreciate all you've done for me even though I'm only a recent friend to you.

ken - Hosting main (derogatory). You're amazing, you're dedicated, and so much more that I can't find the words. We haven't even been spending time together since that long ago and yet now you're one of the rare friends I talk to every day. Thanks for being so kind with me, it helps much more than you can imagine. I hope we get to spend even more time together. I'm still not going to sleep though :3

Theia - It's been what, almost a year now? Sure feels like forever and yet like nothing, we've been through so much together and there hasn't been a single second I didn't enjoy being with you. Meeting you and becoming friends with you changed a lot for me, both on Smogon and outside, and it still does. Thank you for being one of the best people I've met here and one of the best friends I have around nowadays, and to many more rides together.

UT - You probably didn't expect to be in here, yet you are. I know it's been very recent, but I always appreciate the time spent with you, I admire your dedication and your patience, the time you took to teach me how to write analyses, and I know you'd be willing to teach me more if I asked. I'm looking forward to getting to know you more and spend more good time around you.

To the friends that have been with me since the beginning and are still here, thank you for not giving up on me when you had many occasions to do so, justifiably.
bea Clouds Kaif LittEleven Nuxl OM Spiderz

To all the people I've met this past year, interacted with somehow regularly, spent basically my entire time with during these tough times I'm going through, for some very little that it might be insignificant for you or that you probably don't even remember it, for others much more, I consider you all my friends and I hope I've been a good friend to you as well in return. Most of you probably will wonder why you are even being tagged here, but you deserve it.
Aberforth abriel AlyssaVGC corvere Edgar Estarossa Finchinator Flying Beagle Garay oak Hacker Leru Lily Luigi MANNAT maroon Merritt Nyx olivia polt PZZ Rage royalfluxh Rissoux scionicle SEA Slowpoke Fan Stone Cold teal6 Ticken TPP Vileman zoe

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Congrats on an excellent RMT exposition Vertigo, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I'm going to take some time to suggest a few changes I believe would optimize the nature of this build. Webs in SV Ubers is very potent, but there's really only 5-6 offensive threats that fit structures like this.

:Kyurem-Black: => :Miraidon: - Although they serve different roles, every Webs team benefits from the inclusion of a strong Special Attacker. :Kyurem-Black: is a Tera Hog and doesn't really seem to fit teams without :Miraidon: providing Electric Terrain support via Hadron Engine. I understand why you're running Tera Fire here, but Tera Electric would provide similar defensive utility since most :Zacian-Crowned: stopped running Play Rough. If you choose to make this change, :Miraidon: has the flexibility of running a :Life Orb: + Tera Dragon set that has both Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse, or a more defensive Tera Fairy CM + Taunt set. Either option provides this team more utility and breaking power than :Kyurem-Black: currently does.

:Zacian-Crowned: => :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: - This is a personal preference kinda thing, but :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: provides your team more robust defensive counter play against :Zacian-Crowned:. You could run a Dragon Dance set with Photon Geyser and Earthquake to hit everything you'd like. The Tera Type is flexible too as Tera Fire provides an improved matchup against :Ho-Oh: while Tera Ground acts as an emergency :Miraidon: check.

:Ribombee: should ideally run Tera Steel so :Glimmora: can't use Mortal Spin. Not like you're ever going to waste your Tera on :Ribombee: but it is something to consider.

:Zacian-Crowned: - If you stick with :Zacian-Crowned: make sure to run Tera Fighting as even the bulkiest variants of :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: can drop to a +3 Close Combat boosted by Tera Fighting.

:Basculegion: - I'm not sure why Tera Ground is elected for over Tera Ghost or Water. In my opinion, :Basculegion: needs as much breaking power as it can get, since you're not running Adamant Nature or :Life Orb:. I would recommend running Tera Ghost to maximize the damage output Last Respects provides.

Here's what I consider the most optimal Webs structure at the moment (built by OreoSpeedruns), I think it's worth looking at to further refine your build: https://pokepast.es/e0f51ab02eb49afc

Congrats on an excellent RMT exposition Vertigo, I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. I'm going to take some time to suggest a few changes I believe would optimize the nature of this build. Webs in SV Ubers is very potent, but there's really only 5-6 offensive threats that fit structures like this.

:Kyurem-Black: => :Miraidon: - Although they serve different roles, every Webs team benefits from the inclusion of a strong Special Attacker. :Kyurem-Black: is a Tera Hog and doesn't really seem to fit teams without :Miraidon: providing Electric Terrain support via Hadron Engine. I understand why you're running Tera Fire here, but Tera Electric would provide similar defensive utility since most :Zacian-Crowned: stopped running Play Rough. If you choose to make this change, :Miraidon: has the flexibility of running a :Life Orb: + Tera Dragon set that has both Draco Meteor and Dragon Pulse, or a more defensive Tera Fairy CM + Taunt set. Either option provides this team more utility and breaking power than :Kyurem-Black: currently does.

:Zacian-Crowned: => :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: - This is a personal preference kinda thing, but :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: provides your team more robust defensive counter play against :Zacian-Crowned:. You could run a Dragon Dance set with Photon Geyser and Earthquake to hit everything you'd like. The Tera Type is flexible too as Tera Fire provides an improved matchup against :Ho-Oh: while Tera Ground acts as an emergency :Miraidon: check.

:Ribombee: should ideally run Tera Steel so :Glimmora: can't use Mortal Spin. Not like you're ever going to waste your Tera on :Ribombee: but it is something to consider.

:Zacian-Crowned: - If you stick with :Zacian-Crowned: make sure to run Tera Fighting as even the bulkiest variants of :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: can drop to a +3 Close Combat boosted by Tera Fighting.

:Basculegion: - I'm not sure why Tera Ground is elected for over Tera Ghost or Water. In my opinion, :Basculegion: needs as much breaking power as it can get, since you're not running Adamant Nature or :Life Orb:. I would recommend running Tera Ghost to maximize the damage output Last Respects provides.

Here's what I consider the most optimal Webs structure at the moment (built by OreoSpeedruns), I think it's worth looking at to further refine your build: https://pokepast.es/e0f51ab02eb49afc
Respectfully, I do not agree with any of the advice listed here bar the Ribombee change, which as you mentioned yourself you don't ever click. The idea of this team was to be a physical overload akin to the current samples by Aberforth or Taka, since running 5 physical attackers is enough to overload almost every single team. Dropping Kyurem-Black for Miraidon would alter the identity of this team in a way it simply doesn't need. Kyurem can be a Tera hog here since nothing else on this team needs to tera to succeed in game. This is discounting the fact that Kyurem with webs support it already a threatening Pokemon in it's own right with just Fusion Bolt and Spear.

Assuming webs are down, Zacian-C does not prove to be an issue for this team since it's naturally slower than everything else and is Pounced by lead Ribombee to always be at -1. Necrozma is a great Pokemon, but its defensive utility isn't exactly needed, as even with webs down, the Tera Fire Kyurem-Black can deal with Zac 1v1 with Arceus-Ground and your own Zac-C living hits. The other major threat that Necrozma would check is Caly-I, which is covered once again by the Zacian, Taunt Groundceus, and Tera Fire Kyurem-B.

Tera Ground Basculegion is chosen intentionally to set up agilities on Miraidons in endgame scenarios that you would otherwise lose. Sure losing the extra power from Adapt can hurt, but at 5 dead, it rarely makes a difference. Due to the way Tera and Adapt interact, Tera Ghost would provide next to nothing since you already power through everything regardless without Tera, including most Tera Darks if a sub is up, and the power difference is miniscule. (This is also why Tera Ground is the standard set rn as far as I'm aware).

Although Tera Fighting Zac-C might be better for deleting Necrozmas, Tera Flying can give you the extra boost needed to muscle through them while dodging EQs from Groundceus, Ting-Lu, and Necrozma as well. Your statement about +3 Tera Fighting Zacian dropping the bulkiest of NDMs is simply false as it maxes out at 98.2% vs 252 HP / 252+ Def NDM. While I will admit +5 Tera Flying also does the same, I don't believe this is a necessary thing for this team to function correctly, and the extra defensive utility of dodging ground moves is nice here.

Lastly, I disagree that the team you posted is the most optimal webs team in the current meta since it has a not great MUs into a lot of common Pokemon, mainly Boots Miraidon. Although that team is good, it's not what I'd call the best webs team in the meta. I hope this clear things up to why the team was built the way it was, and why it does not look like what you posted.

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Respectfully, I do not agree with any of the advice listed here bar the Ribombee change, which as you mentioned yourself you don't ever click. The idea of this team was to be a physical overload akin to the current samples by Aberforth or Taka, since running 5 physical attackers is enough to overload almost every single team. Dropping Kyurem-Black for Miraidon would alter the identity of this team in a way it simply doesn't need. Kyurem can be a Tera hog here since nothing else on this team needs to tera to succeed in game. This is discounting the fact that Kyurem with webs support it already a threatening Pokemon in it's own right with just Fusion Bolt and Spear.

Assuming webs are down, Zacian-C does not prove to be an issue for this team since it's naturally slower than everything else and is Pounced by lead Ribombee to always be at -1. Necrozma is a great Pokemon, but its defensive utility isn't exactly needed, as even with webs down, the Tera Fire Kyurem-Black can deal with Zac 1v1 with Arceus-Ground and your own Zac-C living hits. The other major threat that Necrozma would check is Caly-I, which is covered once again by the Zacian, Taunt Groundceus, and Tera Fire Kyurem-B.

Tera Ground Basculegion is chosen intentionally to set up agilities on Miraidons in endgame scenarios that you would otherwise lose. Sure losing the extra power from Adapt can hurt, but at 5 dead, it rarely makes a difference. Due to the way Tera and Adapt interact, Tera Ghost would provide next to nothing since you already power through everything regardless without Tera, including most Tera Darks if a sub is up, and the power difference is miniscule. (This is also why Tera Ground is the standard set rn as far as I'm aware).

Although Tera Fighting Zac-C might be better for deleting Necrozmas, Tera Flying can give you the extra boost needed to muscle through them while dodging EQs from Groundceus, Ting-Lu, and Necrozma as well. Your statement about +3 Tera Fighting Zacian dropping the bulkiest of NDMs is simply false as it maxes out at 98.2% vs 252 HP / 252+ Def NDM. While I will admit +5 Tera Flying also does the same, I don't believe this is a necessary thing for this team to function correctly, and the extra defensive utility of dodging ground moves is nice here.

Lastly, I disagree that the team you posted is the most optimal webs team in the current meta since it has a not great MUs into a lot of common Pokemon, mainly Boots Miraidon. Although that team is good, it's not what I'd call the best webs team in the meta. I hope this clear things up to why the team was built the way it was, and why it does not look like what you posted.
We’re going to have to agree to disagree here, but notice how many of the changes I suggested were optional. I even suggested a different Tera type :Kyurem-Black: just because Electric is generally better than Fire, although I understand the defensive utility of Tera Fire here.

Running Tera Ground on :Basculegion: just for the :Miraidon: interaction is niche at best. From experience, you get much more power and sweeping efficiency out of Tera Ghost. Since no other hazards are run, you get more mileage out of running Tera Ghost to secure guaranteed KOs against bulky :Arceus: forms from full health.

252 Atk Adaptability Basculegion Last Respects vs. 240 HP / 252+ Def Arceus-Water: 374-440 (84.8 - 99.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

There’s no single optimal composition of Webs, but the one Oreo made is superior to this build as currently constructed - and I’d go as far as to say it’s the “most optimal” one on in the current meta (I didn’t have a part in building it so I have no bias toward it). I understand your arguments since you helped craft the team, but I’m trying to be objective here. I’m sure each team has its own strengths and weaknesses.

Edit: As a final piece of commentary, I’d say the biggest reason why :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: should be run on Webs is because in the (rare) event :Ribombee: fails to do its job, :Zacian-Crowned: kinda rips through these kind of builds.

Also, I said :Zacian-Crowned: can (not always does) break through bulky :Necrozma-Dusk-Mane: as most players are not running max / max but enough speed to out speed :Koraidon: and :Miraidon: at +2 with Defensive Dragon Dance sets.

Last edited:

Zest of Life

Banned deucer.
Notice the quotes around most optimal.

Not seeing the point of your post, I’m posting constructive feedback. The best webs teams will feature 5/6 of Koraidon, Miraidon, Eternatus, NDM, Zacian-C, EKiller, Groundceus, and Basculegion. OreoSpeedruns team follows that which is why it’s “most optimal”

Anyway, I posted my constructive criticism and am done replying to this thread. One step closer to the Team Rater badge :blobthumbsup:

Suzuya

Undertaker
is a Tiering Contributor
UPL Champion
didn't know you were involved to ubers, I might be entitled to see the next generation appear haha
I do not have anymore the skills to make criticisms but team since alright.
I promise to give u a shoot if somehow i need to use it someday.
p sure if you keep it this way you'll be able to be a rising star and prob not only in ubers, french legacy will never stop :blobpex:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)