Trying a Drizzle team

I would first like to point out that this team is for use in battling with a small group of people, who do not quite use smogon's ban list, ie no pokemon or abilities are banned, but the other rules all apply.

Now thats cleared up, onto the team:

Kyogre @ Mystic Water
Drizzle
EVs: 4 HP/252 Att/252 SpD
Moves:
Water Spout
Ice Beam
Hydro Pump
Thunder

Kyogre is my lead, with drizzle setting up permanent rain from the start of battle, and while on full health, water spout in the rain is a force to be reckoned with. Ice beam also gives a good counter to strong dragon threats and thunder is to stop people from setting up on him who would otherwise do so easily, as well as to try and catch some people out. Hydro pump replaces water spout when HP is low. Has high SpA and also works as a decent special wall.

Tentacruel @???
Liquid Ooze
Calm nature
EVs: 252 HP / 120 Def / 136 SpD
Moves:
Toxic Spikes
Rapid Spin
Surf
Rain Dance

Has rain dance in case the rain is removed an kyogre isn't around, as well as providing spinning and toxic spikes, as well as absorbing foes toxic spikes. Liquid Ooze to deal with SubSeeders, then surf for STAB and rain boost

Kingdra @ Choice Specs
Timid nature
Swift Swim
Evs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Moves:
Draco meteor
Ice beam
Scald
Dragon Pulse

Swift swim means kingdra can outspeed practically anything, he is normally used as a revenge killer, though when locked into scald or dragon pulse has trouble with ferrothorn.

Dusknoir @ Leftovers
Adamant nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Att / 4 Spe
Moves:
Substitute
Focus Punch
Sucker Punch
ThunderPunch

A SubPuncher, with sucker punch added for priority and ThunderPunch for coverage, as I lack any great bulky water counters. Leftovers to help recover from the substitute damage

Volcarona @ Expert Belt?
Timid nature
Flame Body
Moves:
Heat Wave
Bug Buzz
Hurricane
Toxic

Heat wave and bug buzz were obvious STAB moves, though heat wave is somewhat avoided due to the rain. Was added as a counter to Hydreigon, who was appearing all over the place, who he handles very well, outspeeding it and using super effective STAB bug buzz. Flame bosy is useful for weakening physical sweepers. Hurricane was added due to its high power and 100% hit in the rain, and also added coverage. Toxic was to help prevent stall

Dugtrio @ Life Orb
Arena Trap
Adamant nature
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Att / 252 Spee
Moves:
Earthquake
Sucker Punch
Stone Edge
Substitue

A good counter for Tranitar, as sandstream would remove the rain, and know they are against a rain team people tend to run with their weath causers, which arena trap prevents, setting him up for a fall to earthquake. Sucker punch gives priority and coverage, with stone edge providinng further coverage, and substitute was added as I found him too prone to being eliminated by other sucker punchers.

Any comments and recomendations are appreciated, and whilst I want to stay true to the purpose of the team, I am more than willing to change out some pokemon and any moves or items, as I am still relatively inexperienced, and whilst I've been suing this team for a while (though dugtrio was a relatively recent addition) definately feel it would benefit from some further input

Thank you for your time and effort, and I hope to one day be able to help other players out by offering a new perspective on their teams

Man just a piece of advice. If you are playing with a group of people that don't care about bans and that stuff. Put your RMT into Others Teams, so you avoid getting this post locked.

Umm first of all you should put Black Sludge on the Tentacruel :D second the only problem i seen here was volcanara(or however you spell it) you should replace replace Toxic with Quiver Dance as it boosts sp atk sp def and spd second instead of heat wave use fiery dance you could use the extra speed boosts :D hope i helped

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)