Triple Storm OU RMT

So, I have been playing around with a few new ideas for a Team. It all started when I was trying to find something to replace Choice Specs Salamence on one of my teams. Specs Mence hits really hard and people dont expect to have to deal with special attacks from salamence and it allows it to destroy most common salamence switch ins. Anywho, I decided to try Choice Specs Ninetails. What made this more unorthadox was the fact that I was running T-tar. So I played around with it for a bit as a joke and was really surprised about the damage Ninetails could do in the sun with just Fire Blast. As long as the weather was on its side, it really didnt need to use any of its coverage moves except for Flash Fire Pokes. I started with,

Ninetales (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Energy Ball
- Hypnosis

I used HP fighting to cover T-tar and Heatran switch-ins and Energy Ball for Politoad. However, I found that HP fighting wasnt doing enough to Heatran which was a free switch in so I switch to HP ground. Politoad was able to take any special hit to Energy Ball was kinda useless. So I switched to this set

Ninetales (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drought
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ground]
- Hypnosis
- Will-O-Wisp

Will-o-wisp manages T-tar switch and HP ground maims Heatran. I usually use Hypnosis against rain teams and wisp against sand teams. After their weather starter has been statused I have an easier time keeping the weather the way a like it.

As I mentioned before I run T-tar as well. The set I run is this.

Tyranitar (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 116 HP / 64 Atk / 4 Def / 176 SAtk / 148 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Crunch
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

Its a specially defensive set with EVs that I have tinkered with and like. I added the SAtk EVs to maim dragons and Ferrothrorn switchins. The attack EVs give crunch more bite against Latias and the rest of the EVs are added in bulk. In someone can suggest a better EV spread that can 1HKO ferrothorn, Gliscor, and the important dragons as well as 2hko Reuniclus and Latias that would be great.

Next I was looking for a set up sweeper that would work well in either weather. I wanted something fast and could also use taunt. So I went for,

Terakion @ Life Orb
Trait: Justice Heart
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance
- Taunt

Sand gives him a special defense boost, Sun makes him neutral to water. Taunt lets me occasionally use him in the lead spot and also prevents status from walls. I try to spread a lot of status with this team so Terakion can sweep easier late game. With SD I am unsure if Life Orb is over kill, but since I run Jolly the extra power is nice if I don't happen to grab a boost. He cant switch in easily due to lack of bulk, and if he is outsped he is instantly dead, so I got something to manage both of those problems.

Erufuun (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Mischievous Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Leech Seed
- Stun Spore
- Encore
- Charm/Taunt

Whimsicott is easily one of the most annoying pokes, period. I used to run taunt over charm but I found that Whimsicott can easily handle physical set up sweepers as well as physical threats on a whole with Charm. Scarf Chomp, Sub/SD chomp, Conkeldurr, Kingdra, Gyarados Gilscor and many other pokes that would gave me trouble in past iterations of this team are all stopped cold by Whimsicott. Stun Spore slows down speedy sweepers so I can sweep with Terakion later, Encore letts him switch in for free on non damaging attacks, and leech seed provides healing. Its major taunt bait, but it usually only needs one turn to cripple what it needs to.

While I have weather changers to make the weather the way I like it, many of my pokes are weak against common rain dance teams. Offensive water types in general cause me a lot of problems. So to take care of that I added Gastrodon.

Gastrodon (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Storm Drain
EVs: 152 HP / 104 SAtk / 252 SDef
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Toxic
- Earth Power
- Ice Beam
- Recover

It can switch in on any water attack and grab a boost. I gave it enough HP evs to hit 401 HP maxed special defense and put the rest in special attack to hit harder after a boost. I dropped surf since it might be sunny, and Ground/Ice offers very good coverage. It can take a Draco Meteor and recover off the damage which is very nice on a team without a steel type. I use toxic to manage any Curse users like Quagsire which would give my team trouble. As I mentioned before I run alot of status moves but I find that each is useful for a different thing, but if anyone has a suggestion over Toxic I would love to hear it.

My last poke has changed the most as I made this team. First I was using a Doom Desire Jirachi because I was curious to see how that worked. It also doubled as a Wish user which was helpful since I was weak to most hazards, but I found that as long as I prepared properly most spikers cant switch in easily on anything. Next I ran CS Togekiss which was a lot of fun Air Slashing everything then tricking the CS to a wall when I didnt need it any more. I found that I was still having trouble against full rain teams and I wanted another poke to help me manage them better. Finally I decided on Abamasnow and I haven't looked back since.

Abomasnow (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Snow Warning
EVs: 16 Atk / 252 SAtk / 240 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- Blizzard
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Earthquake

This simple choice scarf set rocks all other weather setters regardless of the current weather. Toad, Hippo and T-tar gets Grass Knoted, Tails gets creamed by earthquake, HP Fire is mostly for Ferrothorn since Skarmory takes more from Blizzard anyway Also switching the weather to Hail messes up most weather teams. Abomasnow and Ninetails both easily revenge Excadrill. Stab Blizzard is a great tool against all of the dragons in the meta and the Scarf makes sure I don't need to take a hit.

My biggest problems are Latias after too many calm minds (I try to switch straight to T-tar) and a statused Conkeldurr. While I have a lot of fighting weak pokes most fighting types do not give me too much trouble. Machamp can be a bit annoying but can only really switch in on T-tar Crunches. Scizor can be a problem if it has super power, but it cant switch in very easily on anything but gastrodon who can recover after the U-turn.

So yeah, this is my triple weather team, I find it to be pretty anti meta and wreaks most other weather teams. I have been getting very good results from it but I would love some more advice from you guys. Thanks for taking the time to read my thread.

I would go with the HP Fighting Specs Ninetales over the HP Ground one. Rarely you're ever going to be using HP Ground since both Heatrans are much more uncommon and mostly carry Air Balloon. And that Specs HP Fighting does quite enough damage to Heatran.

Your Terrakion seems to be an Life Orb sweeper. I see no need of Taunt. I suggest giving it HP Ice over Taunt so you're able to beat Gliscors much more efficiently.

Give Gastrodon Scald over Ice Beam, it really needs the STAB move to actually hurt things like Bronzong or you're easily walled.

I found that Gliscor gets taken out by T-tar because EQ does not ko or they think they can SD only to get Ice Beamed. I have also had many switch in on Ninetales expecting status only to get Fire Blasted. Gliscor on a whole does not do much to stop me since like most threats it cant safely switch in on much. It can only on Terrakion and T-tar but I wouldnt be sweeping with Terrakion if it was not already weakened.

I have been considering Scald but I find that I get walled by more things then not, and since I am often attacking with Ninetales I dont want my stab to get neutered by the Sun, but I will give that a try.

Oh the other reason against HP fighting is that it requires an imperfect speed IV which means I always get outsped by positive base 100s. Should I consider a spread with more bulk and lower speed then since I cant outpace them?

Maybe Timid 252 SAtk, 240 Spd, 16 SDef?

And thanks for the input :)

I think you need pictures or it gets locked, idk. Anyways, I have to go so I will actually look at your team and Rate it later lol.

Woodchuck

actual cannibal
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
I just wanna say that Ninetales sucks in general and is probably the reason why Rain and Sand are better than Sun.
And since Ninetales isn't really benefiting the rest of your team, I suggest you replace it with a DD Scrafty.

Scrafty (M) @ Life Orb Trait: Moxie
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Drain Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Ice Punch

Scrafty really wrecks the meta right now as its natural bulk allows it to easily get a DD up, and its coverage + Moxie allows it to plow through teams. Since your team can deal with the main things that can wall/revenge kill Scrafty, I suggest you run Scrafty over Ninetales to provide a secondary sweeper to Terrakion that can provide a bit more speed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)