ORAS NU Toxicity (Peaked #1)

Toxicity

Hi. People outside Ubers might and might not know me. Regardless, I decided lately to participate in the Gallade and Sneasel Oras NU suspect so I opened the viability ranking thread, saw analysis of pokemons and made a stall team that took me to #1 with a 40-7 record (85.1% wins). Special thanks goes to people who made the Oras NU pokemon analyses. They're really well written and clearly helped me out understanding the tier. Also thanks to Montsegur who made the viability ranking thread with links to the pokedex in the pokemon sprites. Really makes it easier and less time consuming to build and learn too.

Proof of peak:

Team Building Process:
I decided to make a bulky team for this suspect test. I like to have Toxic Spikes support on stalls I make regardless of the tier mainly because of the advantage it gives vs hyper offense.

So i decided to use Weezing over Garbador because of Levitate and also because it can handle fighting pokemons with Will-O-Wisp and Pain Split better than Garbador.

Mega Audino is an obvious choice on bulky teams: amazing bulk and Heal Bell/Wish support. It will also be my special wall.

Obvious choice here too. Quagsire is great vs set up offensive pokemons of all sorts and vs Baton Pass.

I needed a solid Sneasel, Liepard, Swellow counter to avoid more than one pokemon getting Knocked Off as well as a Stealth Rock user so I chose Mawile.

A Scald 100% burn ratio absorbent was needed to avoid draining out my Heal Bell PPs, a Defogger when needed and another special wall to support Audino so I chose Mantine.

Since Defog removes my own hazards too I needed a pokemon to give me hazard control so I went for Xatu. It 's also a win con with Calm Mind.
Pokemon Discussion:

Weezing (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

Great typing with Levitate. Max Hp/Max Defense+ to handle fighting pokemons. Pretty classic set and self explanatory: Will-O-Wisp to burn offensive threats and cripple others, Sludge Bomb for STAB and 30% poison ratio specially on Xatus, Pain Split for decent recovery and Toxic Spikes for positive advantage vs HO. I also like how it checks well Lilligant sometimes.

Audino (M) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

100/126/126 in bulk is just insane. His obvious role is Wish passing and Heal Bell to greatly support the team. Toxic is to cripple opponents too. It's absolutely my best special wall and a pokemon I switch in and out a lot during the game and always on Special hard hitters. However, because the mega form has no Regenerator I usually either never evolve if I'm playing against a bulky team or evolve it mid/late game if I'm playing against a Balance with a couple of special hard hitters or even evolve it early game if I face something like specs Chattot or Magmortar. I also really like the fact that it can not be tricked by Rotom while it counters it for example.

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic/Haze

The pokemon I need vs set up sweepers like SD Scyther, Klinklang etc..., vs those annoying Baton Pass Gorebyss to Xatu teams with Haze and vs Calm Mind Musharna and Xatu. It's also decent vs Lanturn and can annoy VoltTurn cores. It also checks all physically offensive juggernauts like Taurus, Gallade etc...The move pool and the EV spread is classic so there is nothing to add.

Mawile (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Super Fang
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

The Sneasel, Swellow counter, Kangaskhan, Gallade, Zangoose check and finally the stealth rock user. Rest is to improve durability as well as match up vs stall and Play Rough to hit Hard the pokemons I want to counter/check.
Super fang is used for good damage on Claydol and Xatu who usually comes in to Spin/Bounce or any other predicted switch in who doesn't take much damage from Play Rough.

Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost

This pokemon is mainly here for hazard control. Since I rely on my own hazards I can not Defog a lot so this pokemon kinda resolves this issue. With Calm Mind Psyshock Heatwave and Max Defense, It's a good win con for the team too. It also checks Exeggutor and Gallade as well as Vileplume decently.

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 200 Def / 52 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Rest

Another special wall to support Audino. It's ability is really helpful since it absorbs scalds and it burns so It increases the durability of my Heal Bell PPs. It's a great defogger since it can defog on a multitude of pokemons who use Stealth Rock like Claydol and Mawile. Also Rest is to increase durability and better the match up vs Stall.
Threat List:

: I have an extremely solid counter in Mawile however Mantine and Xatu are greatly annoyed by Banded/LO Pursuit.
: Choice Band variant is very annoying. I have to predict well between Close Combat and Knock Off with Weezing/Mawile and I can handle it.
: CM with Giga Drain.
: With Heal Bell/Toxic pushes me into stall wars.
: Sun HO is very annoying too.
: Stealth Rock is always up on my side when this mon has it.

Anything else Can totally be manageable.

Notable Replays:

Shout Outs:

Importable:
Xatu (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Audino (M) @ Audinite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Toxic
- Heal Bell

Weezing (M) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
Bold Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Sludge Bomb
- Toxic Spikes
- Pain Split

Quagsire (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Recover
- Toxic

Mawile (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Impish Nature
- Play Rough
- Super Fang
- Stealth Rock
- Rest

Mantine (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 240 HP / 200 Def / 52 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Defog
- Rest

Thank you for reading.

Last edited:
hey bro,

Nice stall team you have here. I think stall will be getting better in the future but a couple things trouble me about your team. a well played Gallade is truely a menace to your team, 2hkoing Quagsire and Mega Audino on the switch with Close Combat, and the rest of team bar mawile will succumb to +2 of any of its coverage moves. You also mentioned Sawk was a problem, as well as CM Giga Drain Xatu which i agree with. However, less so much so Lanturn, since you can go into Quagsire and hit it up with an eq (even if its burned, it will do alot) and several mons in your team have toxic. The mon i feel is most redundant in your team is Mantine. Although its good for checking Fire Types, Mantine keeps getting 2hko by power cc's such as sawks or gallades. It would be much better if you could run a most solid fighting check, with smaller regards to fire type pokemon, which are decreasing in popularity anyway.

My suggestion is to run a Gourgeist-Small > Mantine. What this mon allows you to do is beat the Gallade and Sawk that you were finding trouble with, spread burns if neccesary, or leech seed. Its reliable recovery in synthesis is a heaven especially on your stall team where recovery looks hard to come by.
With Gallade and Sawk dealt with, we can focus on your weakness to CM Xatu, and indeed, all of the CM Pokemon. SubCM Uxie absolutely destroys this team should it come in, so it would be important to deal with that too (but only if they run Giga Drain, otherwise, Quagsire deals it). In order to deal with Xatu of your own, you are already good, since you have leftovers, meaning you will win most CM Wars vs Colbur / Rocky Helmet Varients. To make sure of this we will run a new spread: 248 HP / 84 Def / 176 Spe Bold Nature > Current Spread allows you to outspeed adamant sawk, therefore, you will beat any xatu varients by default running less speed than that, especially if you have leftovers and they dont.
Elsewhere, i think Dazzling Gleam > Toxic on Mega Audino is imperative, since if any mon has taunt, even if it doesnt have an attack to beat Audino, it will just beat it by default or use it for fodder. For example Mawile even if you weaken it to 10% HP, will still be annoying. I also suggest running Curse > Toxic/ Haze on Quagsire. Currently, you dont actually beat malamar, since it can just pp stall you with rest. Curse allows you to beat it 1v1. If you also find SubCM Uxie a problem, you can run Waterfall > Scald, but its not neccesary

anyway, gl with the team and i hope for the best ^.^

Gourgeist-Small @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 52 Def / 208 Spe
Impish Nature
- Foul Play
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

yours in mons,
~HJAD

Thank you for your rate HJAD . I will definitely consider what you said however I want to disagree with the big Gallade weakness.
This calc shows Quagsire can live 2 hits unless really unlucky.
252 Atk Life Orb Gallade Close Combat vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Quagsire: 199-235 (50.5 - 59.6%) -- 84.8% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Also something you forgot about is that it's not easy at all for Gallade to come in safely on anything since everything spams status. Moreover Since I got top 1 with 50 battles I really faced it a lot and since it's a suspect test I guess I met good players who know how to abuse it well. Also only the Life orb variant is a threat and since it has life orb I can drain it out with smart switches like going to weezing first then going to Quagsire.
I think your judgment about a weakness comes from just looking at the team and not using it which is perfectly understandable.
Also I need Mantine for defog because if Sneasel pursuit trap Xatu I really need defog then.

Last edited:
Nice team man, really looking solid.

First of all, though: shame on you. Can't name your RMT Toxicity and NOT link to Soad's toxicity. You really should know better, dude.

In all seriousness: don't you have slight issues with Lilligant? Seems like if it's able to get up do +2, it is able to punch big holes into your team, even with Weezing there. I personally haven't played vs. Pain Split Weezing with Lilligant yet so I am not sure, but I was wondering if you encountered some problems reliably dealing with it.

Nice team man, really looking solid.

First of all, though: shame on you. Can't name your RMT Toxicity and NOT link to Soad's toxicity. You really should know better, dude.

In all seriousness: don't you have slight issues with Lilligant? Seems like if it's able to get up do +2, it is able to punch big holes into your team, even with Weezing there. I personally haven't played vs. Pain Split Weezing with Lilligant yet so I am not sure, but I was wondering if you encountered some problems reliably dealing with it.
Well against Lilligant if it's Lum Berry/Life Orb I really have no problem dealing with it since I usually toxic it and between poison damage and life orb damage and my Audinos protects even with what it drains with Giga Drain it's not enough for it to survive. If it's paired with a cleric it might be a threat but I usually plan against it since it's a threat so I don't let my checks be on low. It's aslo a threat if it has substitute but I don't think many if any run that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)