Torrent

E: current peak is 20 with 1405 points

TøRRENT

|
|
|
|
|

So a while back, maybe two months ago, I decided to play DW not for council, not for any prestige or anything. I just wanted to play it because it seemed like fun and I knew people who played it. I actually copied one of Snunch's old DW teams for my first ladder run; it was OK, but I could tell a lot that it was outdated, especially when my ladder run peaked at 1250 because of taylor (he was using his good sand team xD). I felt like I needed to step my game up at that point. Poppy actually does play DW so I got a team from him. Again, this was decent, and I got to the same spot as I did before. Then, on a whim, I decided to try something new: rain. Rain seemed pretty sexy in DW, what with stuff like Manaphy and fucking Keldeo bossin it up and 2HKOing the entire metagame without breaking a sweat. That is where the idea of this team came from. Admittedly its done really well, having a lot of success to back it up. This was the team I used for the majority of my last DW ladder run, peaking at around 1400 (or rather at about 25 at that time) under some alt called arlandria., and getting me all the way to the quarterfinals of the DW tournament. I have also destroyed Bloo with this team, but that's an aside. I really like this team, but I feel now is the time to retire it. That said, here we have the team.

Politoed (F) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 224 HP / 252 SAtk / 32 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Surf
- Focus Blast
- Ice Beam

Politoed actually isn't that bad in OU or DW, though this is the set I chose for a couple of reasons. I remember being on #dw at one point and someone was talking about how great the combo of Specs Politoed and Specs Keldeo was. At the very least, I wasn't dissapointed at all. Hydro Pump is insanely powerful even on something like Politoed because of the double STAB it gets on it (rain and stuff). That's really the only attack I'll ever have to use on Politoed because everything that the other attacks are meant for is usually 2HKOed. I mean come on, you can 2HKO fucking Ferrothorn with this thing in the rain, what's not to love? Surf is useful though for whenever it's that much safer. I've used Focus Blast whenever I really want Ferrothorn out of the way, but Breloom usually takes care of it pretty well. Speed EVs outspeed Adamant Tyranitar, even if it's not that common ?_? .

Garchomp (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Outrage
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Dragon Claw

One of two Dragon-types on this team, and it usually works quite well as both a revenge killer and a cleaner. That's all there is to it, really. I mean all I do is spam Outrage and Earthquake half the time, though Dragon Claw is useful for picking off threats without having to force Garchomp to eat an Ice Beam from Genesect. Stone Edge has its uses, though I mean sometimes I do wish I had Fire Blast just for Skarmory. It would be useful for Genesect too!

Keldeo @ Choice Specs
Trait: Justified
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Surf

This. Fucking THIS. This is THE Keldeo set, all those pussy CM sets can kindly walk out of the room. Specs Keldeo is just so powerful, it's not even funny. This is the second part of that Politoed / Keldeo core that I was talking about earlier. Anyways, the only fitting analogy I can see is Terrakion. Think of Terrakion. Think CB Terrakion is bad? Specs Keldeo is kinda like a special version of that, except it gets a STAB and a rain boost, letting you 2HKO almost every Pokemon in the game (I would run Modest to get through everything, but Keldeo's Speed is cool). Hydro Pump has let me clutch with Keldeo too many times to count, while Secret Sword lets Keldeo lol at Ferrothorn. Surf is used a lot too, since I can often just spam Surf lategame to clean up a weakened team. I don't think I have actually ever used HP Ice; admittedly until very recently (today lol) it was HP Ghost to get Jellicent, the theoretical 100% counter to Keldeo; I haven't seen a SINGLE effective Jellicent, so I changed it to HP Ice so I can pick off Dragons easier. Fuck off subCM Latias >_>

Manaphy @ Leftovers
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 252 HP / 140 Def / 8 SAtk / 108 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Tail Glow
- Surf
- Rest
- Energy Ball

I don't even know what this set is, but it seems to work so that's fine by me! Tail Glow Manaphy should be pretty obvious, since I take advantage of rain and destroy every single mon in the game at +6 and take out most of them at +3 anyways. Surf does loads to any and everything that doesn't resist it and it knocks out quite a few Pokemon that do as well. Rest lets me complete that fabled HydraRest combo, and it's pretty nice to have it. Energy Ball is in the last slot to further extend a middle finger to bulky Waters, though it gives me some good neutral coverage too. About the EVs: I maxed HP, then gave myself enough EVs to outspeed all Breloom, then put the rest in Defense and 8 token Special Attack EVs. I've considered Ice Beam quite a few times to really mess with Breloom, but I just don't know what to choose. I'll probably change it if someone tells me too lol.

Breloom (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Seed
- Swords Dance
- Spore

Again, a great cleaner and just a good mon in general. Breloom gets to go apeshit on about 30% of the teams I face, and Mach Punch has incredible utility. Spore is really cool for getting a free SD up, and I can just spam Mach Punch and Bullet Seed. I think there's not much else to say really, except for the fact that this is my only really 100% reliable way to get through Excadrill, though a lot of the time I can just let them sac Tar, then switch in Politoed asap so I can outspeed with other mons like Garchomp and Salamence.

Salamence (F) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Fire Blast
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor

I like this set a lot, and although it hasn't been as clutch as a lot of the other Pokemon on this team, it provides a lot of support for the other teammates. I tend to lead with it when they have Genesect, since most opponents will just lead with Genesect thinking they'll get a free bit of momentum by forcing out Salamence. Not so! Fire Blast roasts any and every Genesect who dare stay in. Aside from that, Garchomp and Salamence spam Outrage, allowing them to split the opposing team into little bite-size pieces. Breloom has a really small mouth ;-; but aside from that, Earthquake has some utility too, though I don't use it often. Draco Meteor catches all of those physical walls off-guard, doing something like 75% to Gliscor or something like that. It's my way of annihilating the opponent with a STAB Dragon-type attack without being locked in. In that sense I guess Dragon Claw could work in that slot too, but w/e. I've never tried it.

Anyways, that's the team. Hope you enjoyed it! :P

I'll put a threatlist in later.

|
|
|
|
|

destinyunknown

Banned deucer.
I have used a bit this team (I had never really played DW but I felt like trying, lol), and this team seems to have a bit of problems with hail teams, especially those with tentacruel as Toxic Spikes do a number to this team (and abomasnow is a large threat by itself).

I don't know much about DW so great team NatGeo ^^

Hey natgeo,

first of all, great team. There are so many almost identical SS teams out there that it's nice to see something else for a change. A couple comments:

I notice every single poke on your team is weak to boltbeam. Rock polish genesect or agility zapdos with hp ice could easily sweep. I also notice some redundancy here: garchomp and salamence are very similar, especially as they both are scarfers, and you've got three special-attacking water types. Not sure what to suggest adding in, maybe something like raikou as it's amazing under rain. A grass resist could also be valuable. I'd suggest regenerator amoonguss--it's amazing in DW. A poke to cover the ice weak would also be nice.

Overall, great team though!

Lemonade

WOOPAGGING
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Deoxys-S OHKOes 4/6 of your Pokemon (Keldeo with Psycho Boost and the rest with Ice Beam), and it doesn't help that the other two Pokemon are weak to Electric. I would use a Raikou to cover this problem--a simple Offensive Calm Mind set has decent special bulk and roasts Jellicent, which Keldeo can't get past. Deoxys-S also can't do enough with Psycho Boost, and if it accidentally KOs Raikou and insists on staying in, Manaphy can set up on it. The best replacement is one of your dragons unfortunately--personally I would replace Mence since it has a Stealth Rock weakness and I mean Moxie is cool and all, but being locked into Outrage = easy pickings. All this stuff /is/ rather situational, but it can happen! But really other than that, this is a nice offense team :>

Hahahaha you actually RMT'd the team... only because you can't beat me with it ;D

Sooooo, anyway, having played against you multiple times, I've discovered that you have a massive Tornadus weakness, as it literally OHKOes your entire team with Hurricane, even Politoed (after Stealth Rock of course). You might have two Choice Scarf users to help with that problem, but nothing on your team can safely switch into a Life Orb-boosted Hurricane from Tornadus, meaning that if your revenge killers are indisposed, you are basically screwed. Manaphy also takes a shitton from Hurricane, and is easily 2HKOed. Other than your Choice Scarf users, nothing on your team outspeeds it, which can be rather troublesome. In other words, Tornadus is almost guaranteed to take out at least 1 or 2 of your mons before going down to a scarfer. I would get rid of Salamence for something that can deal with Tornadus. Salamence doesn't really add too much to your team, as Garchomp does everything a Scarfer needs to do. Sure, Moxie is nice, but getting wrecked by one Pokemon isn't something to brag about. Otherwise, decent team NatGeo, now make something other than rain / sand 9.9

Also I'm still better than you ;D

if i'm dragonite, i love this team...no rocks! every competetive team need rocks,,,it brings so much shit into KO range after multiple switching.i wont tell u to replace someone, but garchomp does get SR.
Good thing about rocks, u only need it once

Hi Natgeo,

This is a very nice Rain Offense Team you have here, I can see why it works well. I agree with Kidogo's comment about the two Dragons you have in your team. With no Rapid Spinner, Salamence might have a hard time switching in and out, especially when locked in at -2 Draco Meteor or a Fire Blast in the Rain. I also notice that Offensive Tail Glow / Calm Mind Manaphy can cause you some problems. Noticing that you're using a Rain Team, I think Thundurus or Sub Calm Mind Raikou would fit well on your team over Salamence. Thundurus helps to check Manaphy, as well as benefitting from 100% accurate Thunder in the Rain. Raikou gives you a valuable Electric immunity on a Rain Team, being able to absorb Genesect's Thunderbolts and get a free sub.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Nasty Plot / Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Focus Blast

Raikou @ Leftovers
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 128 HP / 128 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Hope this helped, good luck!

Why are you running Jolly on Breloom? Wouldn't adamant give more initial power?

I agree that sub-cm raikou would fit well, replacing salamence(who i've never found successful) and giving another electric immunity

otherwise great team

Lavos

Banned deucer.
this team...has no stealth rocks.

.-.

please try again. and also, yes, go for ice beam > energy ball on manaphy, it hits breloom for an easy OHKO on the techniloom set and you also get coverage on dragons, otherwise CBnite is gonna run all over you. and speaking of CBnite you have absolutely nothing on this team that can take a +1 Outrage. what do you do when you encounter a heavy offense team with dragons?

oh yeah, victreebel under sun also sweeps your whole team. that means my patented trapper sun team with wobbuffet + dugtrio equals gg for you. you might want to fix that.

overall nice team blah blah blah

Stew: although adamant is the preferred nature, the are so many breloom running around that games can quite often come down to Mach punch speed ties. Most of the time adamant isn't needed, as jolly LO Mach punch OHKOs exca and gets most of the important KOs at +2.

The biggest flaw in this team is the overlap in typing, both offensively and defensively. I agree with the suggestion of removing salamance, and possibly either manaphy or keldeo.

The decision between ice beam and energy ball is a hard one, but I would tend to agree with lavos. This does mean that the team has even less ways to hit water types though.

@lavos I may be wrong, but doesn't +3 rain boosted surf easily OHKO loom? I would still favor ice beam, but more for the super effective hit on dragons.

I agree that rocks should be somewhere on the team, especially with pokes like specs keldeo and scarf chomp, who can rip through teams with a little prior damage.

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey Natgeo, interesting team you have here. As mentioned above, you do have a lot of overlap in typing but I think that can be helped. You also don't have any Dragon resists, which is almost always a must whether its BW Wifi or DW, since anytime they switch in they have the ability to KO something on your team.

The first fix I'd suggest is also the easiest to implement, if I were you I'd change Manaphy's spread to 252 hp, 240 def, 16 speed Bold Nature. The purpose of this is you can now set up on Ferrothorn, which is pretty ridiculous if you ask me. The 16 Speed allow you to outspeed and KO Adamant Breloom at +3. In all of my DW battles (and that's a lot of battles fyi) I have never seen a Jolly Breloom. I don't think it's common enough to justify using all of that speed.

As for having 3 water typed pokemon, I don't see it as a huge issue since water is a really strong attacking type and obviously they all benefit with rain. What I do have a problem with is the two Scarfed Dragons. I think that's overkill, and you could really benefit from the following: Stealth Rock and a Steel type. I'd replace one of them with Ferrothorn. What does Ferro do for your team? Well it does the two things mentioned earlier and it has a pretty decent attacking stat.

Ferrothorn (F) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SDef
Sassy Nature (+SDef, -Spd)
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball (0 Speed Ivs if you go with this) / Thunderwave / Protect

I included Shed Shell because I think you'd have a problem with Chandelure, who OHKOs with Overheat even in the rain. Chandy also KOs Keldeo and Breloom with Psychic, so the ability to KO half of your team seems like a huge threat. I went with max Special Defense because Manaphy is mostly defensively EVd so that'd make a nice little core. Leech Seed is a must if you use Shed Shell as a means of recovery, and with Protect makes a nice Scout/heals even more. Thunderwave is mentioned for fast stuff or set uppers like Dnite or Deoxys-S or something. I put Gyro Ball as the first choice though since he is your Dragon check, so it is helpful to have a way to hit them pretty hard.

I won't tell you which Dragon to get rid of because they are both good in their own right. I'd probably use Garchomp over Mence for the Electric immunity (Thundurus is a pain without him) and the edge over other Salamence. Anyway, hope this helped, good luck man.

Hey thanks for all the rates guys :]

I think at this point the main reason I have overlap on a few things is because I really do feel like sometimes I can just bust a hole with one part of a sweeper core and then go unhindered with the other. It's a bit risky a bit of the time though, so I'll try a Raikou over something (maybe Salamence, idk at this point). Also actually gonna give Ice Beam a go on Manaphy 9.9

Omicron u suck

Lavos

Banned deucer.
Hey thanks for all the rates guys :]

I think at this point the main reason I have overlap on a few things is because I really do feel like sometimes I can just bust a hole with one part of a sweeper core and then go unhindered with the other. It's a bit risky a bit of the time though, so I'll try a Raikou over something (maybe Salamence, idk at this point). Also actually gonna give Ice Beam a go on Manaphy 9.9

Omicron u suck
brilliant idea sir, couldn't have thought of a better one myself

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)