Tournament TLT: Round 7 (Losers Bracket Only)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banner and approval by sirDonovan
Welcome to the seventh week of TLT II! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five(from the 8th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM PU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU
SM Monotype

In order to fairly determine the three of these nine tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating three tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order two more times. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: TWW is a one seed, while MJ is a sixteen seed. MJ, the lower seed, decides to lock Ubers, followed by TWW locking RU. At this point, neither Ubers nor RU can be eliminated. MJ, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate UU. TWW follows with OU. MJ then eliminates LC, and TWW eliminates Doubles OU. MJ then eliminates NU, and TWW eliminates Monotype. So thus the three tiers that would be played are Ubers (what MJ locked in), RU (what TWW locked in) and PU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, TWW, the higher seed, chooses to play RU first. TWW then loses game one, and chooses to play PU next. Should it go to game three, the game mode would be Ubers.)

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round 7 losers bracket
Jrdn vs SMB
soTsoT vs Hell Rayquaza3000
OminousDraco vs 100%GXE
snøfall vs PokemonCestDur

(The higher seed is always on the left side)

Here is the full bracket for everyone: https://challonge.com/pwi5166d

This round ends January 20th at 11:59pm (GMT-5). Good luck everyone!

Replays are mandatory! Not posting replays will result in a coinflip.

Last edited:

Robb576

It's all in the numbers
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Prediction Time:
Jrdn vs SMB - Arguably the most fun series to watch in this round. Jrdn is good but I can hardly predict against TLT I Runner-up.
soTsoT vs Hell Rayquaza3000 - Enough Said. I'm not taking any fucking chances here.
OminousDraco vs 100%GXE - Oddly enough this is the hardest for me to predict. OD has my preference but 100 is quite good as well. This could be a one-sided battle as much as it could be a close 3-setter
snøfall vs PokemonCestDur - I'm rooting for PCD since R1 so this just gotta be a win, right? right??

SMB vs Jrdn - closest 3 setter of the week
soTsoT vs Hell Rayquaza3000 - idk, i dont think i will predict against hellray ever again
100%GXE vs OminousDraco - both good players but i think od is a bit more solid and experienced
PokemonCestDur vs snofall - could be closer than it looks tho

TLT HYPE

RaJ.Shoot

Keep It Simple
LCPL Champion
Jrdn vs SMB- Will be mighty close, but i'd imagine jrdn would want to avenge his loss to smb last year
soTsoT vs Hell Rayquaza3000 - Just cause hell's wierd teams might catch soT off guard
OminousDraco vs 100%GXE - Gonna go with my bro OD, but this will be another great set
snøfall vs PokemonCestDur - Cannot choose between either of them, both great players and my must not miss game

Predicition time!!
so none of these numbnuts played for first blood already so this will make things more easy for me and more stressfull for the players! :psysly:

SMB vs Jrdn - MyBae vs Jordan Bay! One a Bae who loves Sableye (smh...), the other a place in Canada near McNutts Island! I have honestly no idea how this match up will go but it will be, in contrast to the irl distance between these two boys, a very close one!

soTsoT vs Hell Rayquaza3000 - Its GomeSotMotch for soTsoT! Hell Rayquaza has used up all his wishes from the green dragon wich he used for quite some luck against his previous opponents. Hell rayquaza has to train in not 2, not 3, but 5 mountains to win this without help of his green dragon :psynervous:

100%GXE vs OminousDraco - Imo a highlight to watch, cause who wouldnt want to watch a name imposter (100%GXE is actually insert scooby doo exposure 70to90GXE!) face an ominous draco that is more than likely to just miss its target like all of them do! :blobsad: But as long as OD brings 100%GXE accurate moves he will more than likely have the edge in this close match up.

PokemonCestDur vs snofall - When snow is falling down, its feels pretty soft. Snow only becomes hard when it touches the ground, melts a little and refreezes. A perfect example can be shown in the series between snofall against Luthier. Salient detail; Snofall actually let it rain Snow during the deciding match lol! So take my advice pokemonCestDur, dont let this man refreeze up or you will face the real meaning of your name :psynervous:

Haven't heard anything from hr1 yet, and failed to catch him on ps aswell, would be cool if someone could get him on smogon because I have a pretty limited availability this weekend and won't be able to hang around on ps all day.

Thank you very much MJ for this tournament, I had a lot of fun during each games played (yes even in DOU !!!)

And if there is another TLT later, I will be back to go further. A little sad but also unburden as it's end for me.

Special thanks to London13 my best gunners friends ;) and Roseaybear for their support + EternalSnowman for putting those videos.

At last, even if I am not very implicated in, I think the tour room has a very nice and healthy community and it makes all easier.

Bye !

Bisous à vous tous !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)