Tournament TLT III: Round 3 (Losers Bracket)

Xiri

Solar Vision of Life
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Three-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
RBTT Champion
FJeTsqx.png

Banner and approval by sirDonovan
Thanks to MJ for letting us use his post as a reference

Welcome to the third iteration of TLT (Tours' Leaderboard Tournament)! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five (from the 6th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM PU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU
SM Monotype

In order to fairly determine the three of these nine tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating three tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order two more times. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: TWW is seed #1, while Xiri is seed #16. Xiri, the lower seed, decides to lock PU, followed by TWW locking RU. At this point, neither PU nor RU can be eliminated. Xiri, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate Ubers. TWW follows with OU. Xiri then eliminates LC, and TWW eliminates Doubles OU. Xiri then eliminates NU, and TWW eliminates Monotype. So thus the three tiers that would be played are PU (what Xiri locked in), RU (what TWW locked in) and UU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, TWW, the higher seed, chooses to play RU first. TWW then loses game one, and chooses to play UU next. Should it go to game three, the tier to be played will be PU.)

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round 3 Matchups (Losers Bracket Only)
realSurfyTeen vs PrinceOfAllTacos
Odd Della Robbia vs PokemonCestDur
TheFranklin vs Baloor
SMB vs Plas
Plimsoll Punks vs Lugia_numair
Insania21 vs Poison Adhesive
Roginald vs TacticalFacepalms
PD vs soTsoT

The higher seed is always on the left-hand side

Here is the full bracket. Note that you will not be able to proceed with battles for the next round, until the thread for the next round has been posted.​

Deadline will be 22nd of September at 11:59pm EST. Good luck everyone!

Replays are now mandatory. If you do not post replays, your win will be nullified, and the match will be coinflipped.

Last edited:

Fragments

Always remember
is a Tiering Contributor
RBTT Champion
I'm not usually a sappy person but this tour was hella fun so I figured I'd make an appreciation post cause we all know the true prize is the friends we make along the way *cue rainbow*

So without further ado,

First of all big shout out to Xiri and TheWall for hosting, y'all are stellar hosts keep up the good work.

Shout out to my randbats brethren who came into this tour with me ~~and all did much much better~~, talkin bout my bois Roginald, Odd Della Robbia, and TacticalFacepalms (and an additional shout out to sagar0027 and Rage for cheering from the sidelines).

Shout out to all the cool new people I met in tours room! This is wayyyy too many people to list here, so I'm just gonna note the people I've talked to the most, but even if I don't mention you here I still probably love ya! SMB, 100%GXE, Sensei Axew, Sificon, Baloor, Gorfield, realSurfyTeen, henguinie.

And last but not least, a special shout out to frisoeva and Plas for being incredible opponents, went to three games with both these dudes and y'all really pushed me to my limit, ik I'm now a much stronger battler than I was heading into this tour. I wish you both the best of luck in the rest of the tour.

That's it for now but I plan to still keep up with this tour and hang around in tours room so sorry but y'all are stuck with me ;) aight peace out tlt, I'm comin for ya next year better BELIEVE!!!

My 70-90% accurate predicts were like 2% accurate last week so let's try this again
poat v surfy- I heard these dudes are no johnin so we shall see soon enough
YDW v pcd- I could 100% be wrong cause PCD is so heat (s/o pcd) but I'm still riding ydw's hype
arce9 v baloor- AS IF my goat blt teammate is gonna lose round 3 nawwww
SMB v plas- plas is goat but I dont think he gives a f about this tour lolz
Plimsoll Punks v Lugia Numair- lol....dont @me pp the war must go on
Insania21 v PA- coming in I'd probably have chosen insania but seeing as PA played a nice series vs cam I'm looking forward to this MU
Roginald v CDE- AS IF my UU ghosting tour teammate is gonna lose round 3 pffffft

Last edited:
realSurfyTeen vs PrinceOfAllTacos - GJ
Odd Della Robbia vs PokemonCestDur - YDW is probably the dark horse of the tour but I think PCD should take it riding on long tours experience
TheFranklin vs Baloor - My man is doing what jrsmash did. Another good mu but i think arce takes it solely on exp of tours
SMB vs Plas - HL of the week? Damn sure. I think Plas has the edge being more suited to different tiers and i have witnessed his adaptability first hand myself.
Plimsoll Punks vs Lugia_numair - PUNKS! I expect him to avenge me ig. Don't let me down man
Insania21 vs Poison Adhesive - PA u my man but i think insania has a bit more edge in normal tiers.
Roginald vs TacticalFacepalms - Don't know much about either tbh but i have seen rog before tlt sometimes so gonna go with em
PD vs soTsoT - Personal HL. 2 old dudes duking it out to stay in is my kind of drama. Definitely not missing this out. picking soT just cuz the kind of success he has had in tours room has yet to be surpassed. rooting for PD tho

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Shiii late again

realSurfyTeen vs PrinceOfAllTacos - woulda had poat anyway
Odd Della Robbia vs PokemonCestDur - truly unfort that one of these guys will go out this round as im a fan of both. I think theyre like at the same level but i think ydw will pull out with a win (ODR in 3)
TheFranklin vs Baloor - heat match #2, both great players but i got baloor assuming he doesnt get a bad matchup (Baloor in 3)
SMB vs Plas - oh,,heat match #3 assuming they dont meme, both amazing obv but i think smb is better (SMB in 3)
Plimsoll Punks vs Lugia_Numair - lugia surprised us all last week but i think the consistency isnt there for him but i think he’ll take a game (PP in 3)
Insania21 vs Poison Adhesive - also a fan of both of these players but insania is a step ahead ngl (insania in 3)
Roginald vs TacticalFacepalms - gahhh I LIKE THEM BOTH AGAIN but 51/49 in favor of casual (casual dot exe in 3)
PD vs soTsoT - i love PD and hes real good but sot got 3rd last tlt, i dont see him going down too easily (sot in 3)

Baloor

Tigers Management
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
PUPL Champion
TheFranklin vs Baloor - heat match #2, both great players but i got baloor assuming he doesnt get a bad matchup (Baloor in 3)
the irony

anyway, gg arce gotta say ur pre solid. tour was fun outside of me losing my cool over unlucky matchups. most of the new people I met have been p cool so might stay in this community a bit longer. this was an eyeopener in terms of my prepping ability and that pregame matters just as much as ingame (call me the bad mu goat). room got me hooked on a couple of the lower tiers so im not just a ou loser now. gg and gl all.

Winners Bracket winner = Nat
Losers Bracket winner = arce9

Last edited:
End of the journey, pretty happy with my lc game (as i hate playing this tier, this time was surprisingly enjoyable !) nothing much to say for the UU game... maybe one thing get prep to face stall, it's pretty common in fact in this tour^^

Always a pleasure to do this very special tournament. Xiri+Tww ty very much for organizing it well.

Thanks to everybody they are quite a lot : the old and the new ones

See you for the next tlt I guess

La bise :)

img.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)