Tournament TLT III: Round 1

Xiri

Solar Vision of Life
is a Tiering Contributoris a Past SCL Championis a Three-Time Former Smogon Metagame Tournament Circuit Champion
RBTT Champion

FJeTsqx.png

Banner and approval by sirDonovan
Thanks to MJ for letting us use his post as a reference

Welcome to the third iteration of TLT (Tours' Leaderboard Tournament)! Throughout this tournament, players will battle in a best-of-three/best-of-five (from the 6th round on) format each round, with Smogon's standard tiers being the metagames played. This tournament is also double elimination, so if you're defeated once, you're still in the loser's portion of the bracket.

The tiers that will be played are:

SM Ubers
SM OU
SM UU
SM RU
SM NU
SM PU
SM LC
SM Doubles OU
SM Monotype

In order to fairly determine the three of these nine tiers played in each individual matchup, players will take turns locking and eliminating tiers among themselves. They'll both lock one tier, followed by eliminating three tiers, thus leaving three tiers to be played. The lower seeded player will lock the first tier, followed by the higher seed player. Then the lower seeded player will eliminate the first tier, followed by the higher seed player, and it will repeat in that order two more times. The higher seed player picks what tier is played first of the three tiers. After that, the loser of game one picks which of the two tiers is played for game two. Naturally, game three will be played in the last remaining tier.

(Example: TWW is seed #1, while Xiri is seed #16. Xiri, the lower seed, decides to lock PU, followed by TWW locking RU. At this point, neither PU nor RU can be eliminated. Xiri, the lower seed, chooses to first eliminate Ubers. TWW follows with OU. Xiri then eliminates LC, and TWW eliminates Doubles OU. Xiri then eliminates NU, and TWW eliminates Monotype. So thus the three tiers that would be played are PU (what Xiri locked in), RU (what TWW locked in) and UU (the tier that didn't get banned). Of these tiers remaining, TWW, the higher seed, chooses to play RU first. TWW then loses game one, and chooses to play UU next. Should it go to game three, the tier to be played will be PU.)

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments
Sportsmanship: Don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. A bit of friendly banter is ok, but please know where to draw the line. Think before you type, please.

Scheduling and Activity Wins: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS. You will have one week from the posting of the week's matches to get it done. Extensions will be for two days after the scheduled deadline, and no further. If your opponent is not responding to your post on their wall, cannot be found on PS, or miss multiple scheduled times, make a detailed activity post in the thread letting me know why you deserve the win. No activity post means no activity call. As long as you have visible attempts at scheduling (such as wall posts), you will be fine.

Disconnections and Timer: A timer loss is a loss. No if's, and's, or but's about it. If your opponent is nice enough to replay that's fine, but they are by no means obligated to.

Ghosting and Identity: Don't take or give battle advice or make moves based solely on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught, and you will be disqualified from this tournament as well as future PS! tournaments (BLT, PSPL, etc.).

Substitutions: Substitutions will be made only for rounds one & two, with round two subs only being allowed for any participants in the loser's bracket.

Round 1 Matchups
Akashi vs PrinceOfAllTacos
soTsoT vs Gorfield
henguinie vs Kingofcrimea
TacticalFacepalms vs PokemonCestDur
Insania21 vs PokeArt2004♥
100%GXE vs TheFranklin
Plimsoll Punks vs Plas
lvl100Blaziken vs frisoeva
SMB vs Lugia_numair
Nat vs OminousDraco
Sificon vs Poison Adhesive
Cam vs Baloor
Roginald vs EternalSnowman
Odd Della Robbia vs MJ
PD vs realSurfyTeen
Hamhamhamham vs Sensei Axew

The higher seed is always on the left-hand side

Here is the full bracket. Note that you will not be able to proceed with battles for the next round, until the thread for the next round has been posted.​

Highlight Matchups:
100%GXE vs TheFranklin
Nat vs OminousDraco
Odd Della Robbia vs MJ

Deadline will be 8th of September at 11:59pm EST. Good luck everyone!

Replays are not mandatory but would be much appreciated.

Last edited:

Dollainthewoods

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner’s for Beginners
Prediction Time!
Akashi vs PrinceOfAllTacos- Sorry POAT, but I think Akashi edges out just in terms of sheer skill
soTsoT vs Gorfield- sot is just a better player than me
henguinie vs Kingofcrimea- I don’t know henguinie outside tour rooms
TacticalFacepalms vs PokemonCestDur- I’ve seen them both play well in room tours, but Idk too much about them outside room tours
Insania21 vs PokeArt2004♥- Insania dominated a tight second cycle I expect him to take this match.
100%GXE vs TheFranklin- Both are experienced, it could go either way imo
Plimsoll Punks vs Plas- I’ve seen Plas play outside of tours room.
lvl100Blaziken vs frisoeva- Don’t know too much ab blaziken outside room tours
SMB vs Lugia_numair- better player and a lot more experienced
Nat vs OminousDraco- Both are great battlers, this match could go either way
Sificon vs Poison Adhesive- Both are pretty good at tournaments and room tours, but idk enough about them to get a good prediction on this match
Cam vs Baloor- Cam is a goat and tlt II runner up
Roginald vs EternalSnowman- I’ve seen ESM perform well in other tours, haven’t heard of Roginald before then
Odd Della Robbia vs MJ- Ou Goat vs Ru champion
PD vs realSurfyTeen- I’ve never seen surfy play
Hamhamhamham vs Sensei Axew- Ham is a menace
My Personal Highlight Matches:
POAT vs Akashi: Even though I’ve had this going in Akashi’s favor, you can never count poat out, due to his unpredictablility. Thus series gonna be a fun one to watch.
Ominous vs Nat: Two of the best players competing in tlt. They are both well rounded and have proved they are great in tours. This one is probably my favorite matchup.
100%GXE vs TheFranklin: GXE came out of nowhere last TLT establishing a name for himself and making a pretty good run for someone no one knew. TheFranklin, who i consider to be just as good, is going to give gxe a hard time in round 1 I feel, but we will see what happens.
Closing:
All in all I see this will be a fun tlt, if anyone feels bad about my predictions, just know I’m shit at predicting stuff and probably just don’t know about you. I made this list for fun anyways . GL to all this round!

The most unbiased Predicts You will see in the whole thread which hasnt had one predict yet (I am dissapointed)
edit: Didnt know Dolla predicted...

Akashi vs PrinceOfAllTacos - Poat Says he loses then i go with it
soTsoT vs Gorfield - Sot is just better and a far more established player. But this is one of the matches i personally wanna see live.
henguinie vs Kingofcrimea - KoC is darn good and shouldnt be dropping here.
TacticalFacepalms vs PokemonCestDur - PCD kicked me out of tlt 1 and it is tlt 3 now. I see them taking this away.
Insania21 vs PokeArt2004♥ - Insania impressed the heck out of everyone in just 15 days. Can we have another GXE pulled this year?
100%GXE vs TheFranklin - Personal HL. Both top Players. Both good friends and gonna go unbiased here. Arce has improved insanely in this year. I think this is still anyone's game.
Plimsoll Punks vs Plas - Plim is good no denying but plas is just a bit more consistent so gonna give them the edge
lvl100Blaziken vs frisoeva - F
SMB vs Lugia_numair - F
Nat vs OminousDraco - Well i'll contact sometime soon
Sificon vs Poison Adhesive - Sifi is a bit more loose in their team selection while I think PA can bring more solid teams. Gonna give it to PA
Cam vs Baloor - TLT 2 runner up(?) sorry i always forget where u ranked. But nevertheless Cam is one of more well rounded player in the tour so definitely giving it to them
Roginald vs EternalSnowman - Just one thing. I see them winning tlt. Ik there's Ham, Friso and so many other solid af players but i just got this gut feeling that ESM is winning the tour and winning this would be the first step.
Odd Della Robbia vs MJ - As much a i was impressed by them in tours room and was equally surprised to know they won ru open. I still Think MJ would pull this out in nail biter. Another game I am hype af for.
PD vs realSurfyTeen - PD is Pretty Deadly.
Hamhamhamham vs Sensei Axew - TPC champion will start off strong

Last edited:

Gray

stop ballcapping
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Predictions from ur fav

Akashi vs PrinceOfAllTacos - should be a good one, poat has shown people that he is p dam good but im completely sold on jeran (Akashi in 3)
soTsoT vs Gorfield - ive seen gorfield play in other tours and i can say that theyre about the average player, while despite me not having seen sotsot play in a while, theyve been quite impressive before (soTsoT in 2)
henguinie vs Kingofcrimea - ive never seen henguinie play before but koc is super fire so ill assume koc is better (Kingofcrimea in 2 or 3 idk)
TacticalFacepalms vs PokemonCestDur - havent seen much from tactical but pcd is also super fire (PokemonCestDur in 2)
Insania21 vs PokeArt2004 - pokeart hasnt been too impressive and insania has been very impressive (Insania21 in 2)
100%GXE vs TheFranklin - both very good players, but i think gxe outclasses arce by a small gap so ill take him (100%GXE in 3)
Plimsoll Punks vs Plas - another lowkey highlight, im a fan of punks and personally think hes underrated but plas slightly outclasses him. although after last tlt when he beat fris who knows? (Plas in 3)
lvl100Blaziken vs Frisoeva - i dont think theres much to say about this one (Frisoeva in 2)
SMB vs Lugia_numair - Again, not much to say (SMB in 2)
Nat vs OminousDraco - od is the underdog here but i think he'll be able to pull through over nat for an upset (OminousDraco in 3)
Sificon vs Poison Adhesive - sifi is actually p underrated but adhesive is fire (Poison Adhesive in 2)
Cam vs Baloor - imo another lowkey highlight. ik baloor is good but cam exceeded expectations last year and made the finals, so its hard to predict against him (Cam in 3)
Roginald vs EternalSnowman - pretty much another case like the last one. roginald is good but esm is better. (EternalSnowman in 3)
Odd Della Robia vs MJ - winner of ru open goddam. they did hella well in quals too. kinda makes me believe theyll pull one out against mj. (Odd Della Robia in 3)
PD vs realSurfyTeen - surfy did decently in blt and PD is quite good. (PD in 3)
Hamhamhamham vs Sensei Axew - axew is slept on but its ham D: (Hamhamhamham in 3)

I didn't qual but that doesn't mean I can't farm likes do predicts!

Akashi vs PrinceOfAllTacos - Poat plays tiers that aren't oms
soTsoT vs Gorfield - I've seen soTsoT's name outside of TLT
henguinie vs Kingofcrimea - This guy is fire
TacticalFacepalms vs PokemonCestDur - see koc
Insania21 vs PokeArt2004♥ - people are saying this guy's good
100%GXE vs TheFranklin - see koc
Plimsoll Punks vs Plas - Big HL match but gotta give it to my LPL3 manager and good friend Plasmagby
lvl100Blaziken vs frisoeva - Tours chat will be in shambles after friso wins in 2
SMB vs Lugia_numair - Tours chat will be less in shambles after smb wins in 2
Nat vs OminousDraco - OD plays NFE so he's a better user and should win
Sificon vs Poison Adhesive - PA wins then gets dq'd for being toxic like the guy he replaced, free Lkap
Cam vs Baloor - See koc
Roginald vs EternalSnowman - ESM needs more youtube content now that LC Open is over
Odd Della Robbia vs MJ - MJ more like WJ cause he's winning
PD vs realSurfyTeen - Already happened but PD was robbed
Hamhamhamham vs Sensei Axew - haha ham slam im funny guys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)