XY LC This is an LC team. There are many others like it, but this one is mine!

Hey guys, this is Caledrith, your least favorite moderator in the LC PS! room. I thought as I was leaving to the Philippines for two years, I should make some sort of farewell, and why not in the form of a team. I made this team with my first tutee Ceryini, who wanted to build some form of Voltturn. Yeah its standard af, but I really couldn't care less, because its hecka good.

Larvesta @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
Level: 5
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Sunny Day
Yeah, Larvesta is pretty darn cool. Hits flipping hard, tanks Mienfoo's hits (bar Stone Edge and itemless Acro), and is just a great all around mon. Nothing really wants to take a Sunny Day Flare Blitz, and Will-o-miss is just as bad as Flame Body n_n. EV's are such to tie SlowFoo, allowing for a slow U-Turn while outspeeding the majority of the other walls. Its a physical tank... so I'm pretty sure the rest of the EV's just make sense.

Chinchou @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Ground]
Yeah Chinchou needs a ban. Chinchou is kinda the most required mon for VoltTurn... so its kinda obvious that it would be on this team. This is my favorite Chinchou set because it does a great job of beating out Scarf Chinchou, and occasionally Evio Chinchou (need rocks and HP ground on the switch in IIRC), and is an all around terrible mon to have to deal with. #Banswitchingchinchouintootherchinhou EV's are such to hit an odd HP number, being as physically bulky as possible, while still doing enough to KO other Chinchou (and outspeed SlowFoo and other 13s).

Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird
Yeah, Vullaby's a god. This thing is impossible to KO without knocking off its Eviolite. Standard Defog set, huge physical bulk, evio numbers for special defense, and that based 13 speed. Brave Burd hits a ton of the metagame freaking hard, and Knock Off is the god of LC, so yeah.

Mienfoo @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt
Standard Tauntfoo. Drain Punch and Regen for recovery, Knock Off for knocking people up, U-turn for momentum, and Taunt to piss people off. 17 speed is mandatory to beat many of the current hazard setters, and to tie Drilbur. Mienfoo has high enough base attack to hit hard, so the defensive EV's are such to hit eviolite numbers.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave​

The hazards setter of this team. The moves are fairly self-explanatory, except for Bullet Seed. Many people run Gyro ball on Ferroseed to hit Fairies such as Spritzee a little harder, or leech seed for recovery/damage along with protect, but I run Bullet Seed because Chinchou and Drilbur are mons I absolutely hate with a burning passion, and I don't really run checks for them on this team outside of Ferroseed. EVs are such to tank hits from Fletch and other threats, and hit eviolite numbers, so yeah.

Abra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 68 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic
Abra is easily my favorite mon in LC. I know I'm usually the one hyping SubLO Abra, but Sash fits this team much better for whatever reason. Max speed and special attack obviously, protect them fake outs and the random HJK that someone is silly enough to throw.

Overall just a solid team, I'm still pretty used to using Abra as my late game sweeper just because I normally run LO, but... yeah, don't really have time to add much else since I leave showdown in basically 30 minutes.

Huge Shoutouts:
macle Thanks for being so chill. I know I made life more difficult for you than it had to be in LC, but hey, thanks for being a good friend and a great coleader.
dsr95 Thanks for being a friend even after I got you demoted. ;) Come visit me in Murica pls.
Ray Jay Thanks for giving me my start in LC. Come back to LC and LC will revive. Miss you dude.
The Unlucky one Our DotA nights were tons of fun. Hopefully I'll see you over in the Philippines.
Sparkychild Probably my favorite person on showdown. I'll miss you. Good luck in moderating lobby.

offler Really enjoyed our conversations. Good luck to you!
3GM <3, rip %
Tesarand YOU FUCKING BITCH YOU GOT ME GOOD. Have a good time at school.
Redew Serve a mission too imo :)
Luka~ Thanks for being a cool tutee, had fun tutoring you
Ceryini Thanks for being a cool tutee, sorry I didn't get to talk to you much.
Ununhexium Thanks for being a cool tutee, I was a p crappy tutor at that point (probably still am haha), thanks for being chill.
blarajan You were pretty darn cool when you talked to us. Don't recommend telling Hugendugen to fuck himself though.
prem Curry is p darn good, thanks for recommending it. How about you and the rest of the ROs play LC more.
QuoteCS you can demote me now, I know you want to ;)
Splashyship Hearthstone buddy. You're splashyshit but whatever.
dsr95 Thanks for being a friend even after I got you demoted. ;) Come visit me in Murica pls.
Rowan love y@ dud3, u r d@ 8om8.
apt-get You're pretty chill, hang out with LC more than showderp please.
Corporal Levi Foongus is terrible, you midget sweaty nerd.
Obvious Power Hidden power for life ;-;
Aerow super cool norwegian dude, you'll go far
He Dances With Swords = Jailbait
Vileman Shitposter n_n gj in winning NU and showing them whats up
Mambo This is such a shit name... Had fun abusing you and playing LoL with you
TCR LoL buddy <33 Have fun being edgy!
zeriloa ur shit player
GlassGlaceon Had fun discussions with you ;) Stay gud
Aaron's Aron My favorite tryhard
Adam Lambert u and Chillarmy are fgts
Al_Alchemist /me flings pooters
Amir - ur cool
Ashley11 Have fun at college! Gun miss u ;-;
Cheir Coding with you was a lot of fun. Thanks for the help.
Nineage You are a cool coder too
Fiend Hound Why am I highlighting you, u got too much shit on me
Fitzy and Heysup Really admire you too, thanks for helping me become better at lc
Max Carvalho Thanks for taking me out in two opens, fgt
Shaymin :D .-.
Slashari Fix your darned powersave
snowcrow You coming back was amazing for LC
Superpowerdude WEBS OP. Late night convos with you was fun
TheFenderStory Got to know you near the end, had fun with you.
The Quasar Hi..The..Quasar....ers. <3
weeeu /me cri in weeeu's dusty corner
Wobbyble Fun LoL player and the best LC ladderer of all time since The Master Of LC
Yagura Let people post shitmons pls in that thread.

I'll see you all in two years!

Rip Gen 5 (Larvesta) @ Eviolite
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 76 HP / 236 Atk / 156 Def / 36 Spe
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Flare Blitz
- Morning Sun
- Sunny Day

BAN ME PLEASE (Chinchou) @ Berry Juice
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 76 HP / 212 Def / 152 SpA / 60 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Heal Bell
- Hidden Power [Ground]

Vull-a-bee (Vullaby) @ Eviolite
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 116 HP / 236 Def / 76 SpD / 36 Spe
Impish Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Knock Off
- Brave Bird

Too Gud for my own gud (Mienfoo) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 196 Def / 36 SpD / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Taunt

Anything's a Dildo (Ferroseed) @ Eviolite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Careful Nature
- Spikes
- Bullet Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

SUB LO (Abra) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 240 SpA / 68 SpD / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Protect
- Dazzling Gleam
- Hidden Power [Fighting]
- Psychic

Last edited:

Fiend

someguy
is a Social Media Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
[23:37] Caledrith: because penises are good?

Just gonna leave this here...

Anyway, onto your team:

It appears quite solid with some minor flaws, the most glaring being Ferroseed's EV spread. A spread of 84 HP / 36 Atk / 188 Def / 148 SpD / 36 Spe with a Careful Nature would vastly improve Ferroseed's performance. Additionally, you appear to lack a solid answer to the core of Snubbull / Pumpkaboo, however this core is rather uncommon and may only see enough usage to really be a bother once ORAS is out. My last concern is Defog alongside Ferroseed. However, if you can make it work, great; if not, I would recommend Staryu or Sandshrew over Vullaby. Sandshrew has Knock Off and a semi powerful EQ as well with massive physical bulk while Staryu has great speed alongside passible bulk, great synergy with Larvesta and Ferroseed and passable bulk with Eviolite. Scald burns are also cool.

Ferroseed @ Eviolite
EVs: 244 HP / 36 Atk / 36 Def / 192 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bullet Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Spikes / Iron head / Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock

Spikes is for no change; Iron Head is disliking Spikes + Defog, but also disliking Leech Seed; Leech Seed provides some recovery.

Last edited:
Pretty sad that you have to go, we've started acting gay talking to each other recently so that sucks. I thought you were a bad person at first because of someone that I don't really want to talk about and I'm really glad that I found out you're one of the chillest guy in the LC room.

Anyways, this is isn't really an RMT more than it is a goodbye thread and the team is already too solid I can't fine anything worth changing except that you already have two physically bulky Pokémon in Larvesta and Vullaby so changing Ferroseed's spread to the one Fiend suggested will be a wise idea.

Bye man you'll be missed and good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)