ORAS OU The Yung Victors

Hey, I'm back with another RMT for OU. I used it recently in Smogon Tour (Sunday's) and it did fairly well. Anyways, here's a look at the team:

*Cough* Lordsquad *Cough* Amirite?(The Answer is No)
I decided to use mega gyarados because of it being able to consistently murk stall with not much support(yes ik its a regular gyara sprite, just couldn't get the mega lel)
I decided to add victini cuz it gave me a fairy resist, a metagross check, a lure for rocky helm chomp with glaciate, and nuke faries with v-create
I chose to add latias for healing wish support, a reliable keldeo check/counter, and defog support
I looked sand weak as well as bird weak so defensive lando-t seemed like a good mon to fit

Azumarill and dd gyarados looked like threats as did Latios/Latias, so ferro seemed like a logical choice.
I looked abit bisharp weak and I could use a scarfer so I thought why the hell not lol.

A Closer Look At The Team

yung sweeper (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Crunch
- Waterfall
Mega Gyarados. With Crunch being added in ORAS, Mega Gyarados's ability as a pokemon skyrocketed. Being able to break most stalls with minimal effort is incredible. Substitute allows it to set up on a plethora of threats, such as M-Sableye, M-Slowbro/reg Slowbro, and Alomomola. Dragon Dance is my setup move increasing my attack and speed. Crunch and Waterfall are obligatory stabs. Jolly lets me outspeed lopunny at +1.

yung wallbreaker (Victini) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SpA / 240 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Glaciate
Victini. The Victory Pokemon. I also call it RNGesus cuz of what it did vs TokyoTom, but lets not dwell on that. V-create is the strongest move in the game, and it hits hard as shit. Max attack allows me to fire off incredibly HEATED attacks(Bad pun. probably. oh well ^_^)Grass Knot lets me hit quag and hippo, so I don't have to risk gyara switching on scalds/toxics. Bolt Strike hits pokemon like Keldeo and Azumarill harder than Grass Knot. Glaciate lures Rocky Helmet Garchomp, a pokemon My Mega Gyarados absolutely despises. 16 special attack has a nice chance of knocking out defensive lando-t after stealth rock. Naughty>Naive/Hasty/Lonely because Victini is rather slow in this metagame and naughty lets me take on metagross better.

yung nuke (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
Latias. The sister. The weaker yet bulkier of the dynamic Latios/Latias duo. With it being a reliable keldeo switch-in, an electric resist, a defogger, and a user of Healing Wish, Latias is the "glue" of my team. Psyshock and Draco Meteor are obligatory stabs that hit hard, while healing wish gives my mega gyarados more opportunities to sweep. Defog gets rid of the rocks that victini and gyarados hate.

yung pivot (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
Landorus-therian. One of the most common pokemon in the OU metagame. I chose to go with defensive lando-t because my team looked really sand weak, lacking an excadrill switch in. It also helped me vs talonflame and opposing landorus-ts. This is also my stealth rocker user, which are necessary on all teams in my opinion. Earthquake is obligatory stab and rock slide hits talonflames/pinsirs. I decided rock slide>stone edge since it was defensive lando-t and I hate missing. U-turn allows me to grab momentum vs pokemon that like to come in on landorus-t's such as ferrothorn. 88speed allows me to outpace adamant bisharp, which is a huge threat to this team.

yung wall (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
Ferrothorn. The pokemon everyone hates facing but every loves using. Ferrothorn is my primary(and only) azumarill switchin, dragon resist, mega gyara counter, and many more. Leech seed allows recovery along with leftovers. Power Whip allows me to break mega gyarados's sub. Gyro Ball hits the lati's hard. Protect allows for more consistent leech seed recovery and scouting.

yung revenger (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]
Bronies fav mon,, Keldeo. Choice scarf lets me outspeed pokemon like mega metagross, m-diancie, +1 char x and many more. Scald has that clutch 30% burn chance, while hydro pump is stronger. Secret Sword breaks special walls, and hidden power electric hits threats like gyarados and starmie.

yung sweeper (Gyarados) @ Gyaradosite
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute
- Crunch
- Waterfall
yung wallbreaker (Victini) @ Expert Belt
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 16 SpA / 240 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Grass Knot
- Bolt Strike
- V-create
- Glaciate
yung nuke (Latias) (F) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Psyshock
- Healing Wish
- Draco Meteor
- Defog
yung pivot (Landorus-Therian) (M) @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 172 Def / 88 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- U-turn
yung wall (Ferrothorn) @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
- Gyro Ball
- Protect
yung revenger (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Shoutout to ArchPhantom for helping me test
Shoutout to TokyoTom for being a good sport about victini and giving me helpful advice
Shoutout to Invok3r for believing in me
Shoutout to RedKingAlmighty for being the only 1 kind enough to actually say they wanted a shoutout
Shoutout to scotti for reminding me to give him a shoutout
shoutout to gizmo for being gizmo

Last edited:
wheres the dislike button :^)
you're looking a little mega lopunny weak, when i say a little i mean extremely and all you have for it is a easily worn down check

wheres the dislike button :^)
you're looking a little mega lopunny weak, when i say a little i mean extremely and all you have for it is a easily worn down check
Thanks for the rate! While I might be a bit lopunny weak, lopunny is also pressured a lot as it can't switch in to any of my pokemon bar ferrothorn, and even then gyro/power whip hurts. I have defensive lando-t which can take hits somewhat well, as well as pokemon like victini that can come in on a high jump kick and force it out. I also have scarf keldeo, which can suprise revenge lopunny.

Scotti

we back.
Hey wonder cool team, but I have noticed a few problems with the team.

The biggest problem that I have noticed is that you have a very hard time breaking through bulky grass types like ferrothorn, tangrowth, and mega venusaur. These mons usually take on your entire bar victini. With rocks damage and being weak to pursuit, victini is rather easy to get out of the way. Your team is also very weak to special mega altaria. Your only switch in is.... nothing. Mega altaria pretty much 6-0s your entire team and it has an easy time doing it. Another pretty annoying threat that I have noticed is spdef tflame. We were talking about this a few hours ago, and I have to agree that it is a huge threat to face. You dont out right lose to it, but your best checks are easily burned and are crippled for the entire match. The best change I can recommend is running spdef stall breaking talonflame over victini. Spdef tflame wins against ferro, tangrowth, and mega saur. It is also an amazing counter to mega charizard y. It is probably the best change for this team if you want to improve it further. landorus-t spread should be changed to 252 hp | 160 def | 8 spdef | 88 spe | the 8 spdef allows you to live an hp ice from mega man, who can be a huge problem if you lose latias. Imo roost > healing wish, because like I said above mega man is a huge threat, so keeping latias alive is huge. Latias spread should be changed to the bulky defog spread of 72 hp | 184 spatk | 252 spe | The spread allows you to avoid the 2hko from thundy-i hp ice and ohko lando with draco meteor.

Talonflame @ Leftovers
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 248 HP / 244 SpD / 16 Spe
Careful Nature
- Taunt
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- Will-O-Wisp

I hope I helped :]

Halcyon.

@Choice Specs
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello,

This team is already pretty good, the only really big issue I see is a major weakness to Mega Altaria and Mega Diancie. I would say that between your own Gyarados, Scarf Keldeo with HP Electric, and Landorus-T, you don't need to worry too much about opposing Mega Gyarados. Because of that, I'm not sure Ferrothorn is really the best choice. Instead, I would go with a specially defensive Jirachi. It better handles these two threats with Wish/Protect being reliable recovery, and since you aren't using Spikes on Ferrothorn, you don't really miss much by making the switch. Victini and Gyarados will definitely appreciate the possibility of Paralysis support, making it easier for Gyara to set up and Tini to spam V-Create. This does make you weaker to Manaphy, but they are starting to run HP Fire to lure Ferro anyway so it's not a big deal. Latias can still handle it decently since most run RD EBall Scald TG. Speaking of Latias, since you aren't running Roost, Wish support from Rachi is much appreciated. I realize this makes you more dark weak, but between Landorus, Keldeo, and Mega Gyarados, you handle all the relevant Dark types anyway (not to mention you can use Protect to scout Ttar, and if Tar locks itself into Pursuit, you can Body Slam/Iron Head it and repeatedly Wish to escape safely.

Anyway, I hope I was able to help. This team is already really solid so there isn't much I can really change. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)