The World Cup of Pokemon VI - Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asia suffered with that LadyBug thing earlier, so I hope they understand what the World Cup means and at least try to win...

Solace match was a joke, Jellicent Water Gem, Pikachu, CB Latios... that was ridiculous.

So I hope Asia's captain would at least make his player try to win... you understand the bullshit of people giving wins to fuck yourself and that is not funny.

And Solace, go fuck yourself, I really hope to go against Metro later this WCoP, if possible.

Bad Ass

Custom Title
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 2nd Grand Slam Winneris a Past SPL Championis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
lol fucking incredible, I hope ENZ0 still wins so Jackal can realize how fucking stupid points are
And if LA would have gotten in by points but not by wins, the system would be fine. No, no, you didn't lose, it was the points system. Of course.

Have you ever taken losing _anything_ like a man? You lost, get over it. The better team won. Who cares if you have 14 wins, we don't play with that system, we play with a points system. You should have not lost ten games.

Your inability to take a loss astounds me yet again.

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Asia suffered with that LadyBug thing earlier, so I hope they understand what the World Cup means and at least try to win...

Solace match was a joke, Jellicent Water Gem, Pikachu, CB Latios... that was ridiculous.

So I hope Asia's captain would at least make his player try to win... you understand the bullshit of people giving wins to fuck yourself and that is not funny.

And Solace, go fuck yourself, I really hope to go against Metro later this WCoP, if possible.
A loss in that situation was most beneficial to our team. In a tournament like this, the end goal is to win and playing for a specific seed sometimes goes hand in hand with that. While I don't exactly condone how Solace played the match, and some effort would have been nice (though it was somewhat hilarious), the end result is what was best for our team. Sorry that it negatively impacts your team, but of course not really.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
And if LA would have gotten in by points but not by wins, the system would be fine. No, no, you didn't lose, it was the points system. Of course.

Have you ever taken losing _anything_ like a man? You lost, get over it. The better team won. Who cares if you have 14 wins, we don't play with that system, we play with a points system. You should have not lost ten games.

are you seriously arguing that the point system didnt fuck us over, when our team is 14-10, over 3 of the fucking teams that are in with 13-11?

theres much better material to work with, it seems the only thing you can post about me is "HE WHINES ABOUT HAX" so you probably should have gone with that, it seems like its tradition.

right now youre just being stupid. quickedit: damn everytime i read your post it gets more stupid

I'm not saying that it was wrong Jabba... you did what you considered the best for your team.

But it was ridiculous indeed, you will not convince me otherwise, lol.

And I trust Asia, but if Spain make it, they can count on us to help then in whatever they need to take Metro down...

So it's nothing personal, but we really want you guys to lose and Spain to see how underestimated they are being and, if they make 7th in R1, use that as an incentive.

Anyway, good luck everyone.

yo I suggest a fix in the point system next year. Didn't think this completely through, but my suggestion is to make the points a player receives fixed on each possible W-L ratio in a given group. In other words, how a player that goes 3-0 receives 6(always), you should make players that go 2-1, 1-2, or 0-3 receive a fixed number that isn't dependent on what their opponent receives in a group. This change should be able to make W-L ratios and the point system match up nicely, and imo will get the best overall top 8 teams at the end of Round 1. OR you could just go based off W-L ratios next year, but idk about that.

Just my opinion!

To be fair, the points system, imo, detracts from a team being able to win on its own merits, since it places lower-seeded teams at the mercy of other teams. I hope to see them abolished next WCoP, and I think Jackal has said something to that effect (or at least fixing them), but idr.

OMG.

I don't say that because French is in but the Jackal's system is good.

Enzo> It means that all group has a total different from 12 points. It is not very good I guess...

About the W-L ratios, don't you see that it could be the same ? Look at it, many have 13-1 and think about if Germany win some other match then it meens many 14-10 and 13-1 = many tie.

Edit: I also understand the LA postition, it is not very good for them :(

Bluewind

GIVE EO WARSTORY
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
Now that Latin America is gone I want to express my support for team Canada because Atticus is hot as fuck and Rodan is adorable. Go Canada!

Grind Pantera

If Spain wins. Then Brazil Vs Spain.

Brazillians better hope it doesn't go to penalties in the tie breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)