The World Cup of Pokemon IV - Semi Finals

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
yeah, I'm gonna give them props as well, they've made it this far despite luck being against them more often than not. good shit metro.

Oo well, it only adds to the fun that metro subbed out people 3 times which gave me the chance to play =)

On a side note, and I understand if he doesnt want to reveal his team for a battle that means nothing but.... If BK still wants to play id like to play him tomorrow either before my game or afterward

Jabba, it is really upsetting to be told I beat you because I knew your team. The only things I had to go off of in that match was a stall RMT you posted and someone saying that you liked to use stall. I honestly don't think that is enough for me to effectively counterteam you (though I wouldnt try to anyway). Really, you made some bad predictions, and I got some lucky shots, but accusing me of cheating because of it is absolutly childish and petty.

anyways, good game, good work oceania!

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Yeah grats metro on making it this far, I definitely did think you guys were a tough team!

And I'll see ya in the finals, oceania ;)

JabbaTheGriffin

Stormblessed
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I made no bad predictions...

You took shots in the dark that only hit because you knew my team...

You didn't counterteam, but you played a game that was based on a knowledge of my team or at the very least what you expected on my team. There are a few specific instances in the battle that I could cite but who cares.

And it's not cheating. I've said time and time again that if you lose because your opponent knew your team than that's your fault for using a team that they might possibly know. So don't think I'm saying this in anger or accusing you of something bad. We play to win. So if you knew my team then kudos to you for doing research and shame on me for using the same team I've used in every tournament for the past month. It's my fault and I don't think it takes away from Oceania's win at all.

Congrats to Alive. And oh well for Metro :(

Also, I can assure that Alive didn't cheat in any way. I've known him for over a year now and can say that. He's the type of person that plays the game for fun and wouldn't be pissed if he lost or celebrate like a patriotic person if he won. But yea, your team could've lacked the counters for his common Pokemon. No accusations needed.

did anyone notice VIL (awhile back) said metro/west/ocn are the 'two' best teams

sorry i just find that funny *DEFUSE DRAMA*

Hipmonlee

Have a nice day
is a Community Contributoris a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Four-Time Past WCoP Champion
Awesome work team!

And it was good to get a chance for us to demonstrate not only our star players, but also our depth of talent..

Have a nice day.

Hey look Jabba, when Jr and EW got metagamed, I told them that they should've been more careful. Metro did use a lot of the same strategies, so really I think you (and anyone really) should look at how you got metagamed or whatever before making claims like that :/.

edit: My bad. Gooooooooooooo oceania! Go alive!

HOly crap! we're in the finals!

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I want to extend congrats to Oceania for making it to the finals!

I also want to lol at the amount of drama/deleted posts itt!

I also want to announce that it IS the deadline and I have seen LoveDestiny active as hell and asia has announced DawnBringer as the sub but he is not quite as active as I would like. And in light of the Stalefish situation im not really in the best mood to be generous towards asia. Either way I think I am making a fair judgment call here based on activity alone, LoveDestiny will be awarded the win.

This creates a 4-4 tiebreak scenario, captains please announce you combatants!

remlabmez

@dacopboss
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
user philip7086 is doing the tiebreaker game for us, he is currently jogging up a set of stairs as if he were rocky

SoT

I leave and they change my avatar to this?
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
AHHHHHH FUCK YEAH

west ganna win?

edit: Aldaron...didn't you just reject the sub offer the other day ?___?

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
sigh even though I haven't seriously played OU in forever and didn't even feel I could perform in Ultimate Cup, if jackal / shiv desire I can battle Love Destiny as a sub for asia; i'm active all the time so i could battle with LD whenever

don't expect much asia as I am not in practice at all but i think it's better than an auto loss ~_~

i would have preferred a week or so to get back in game shape for asia in the finals but whatever i'll do what i have to

EDIT: that was because i didnt expect jackal to actually give west a free win, which at this point in the tournament is just terrible competitively; i'd rather an active Love Destiny creams me than you guys get a free win, tbh

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
LD: UNDEFEATED in wcup play

Thanks Jackal, tbh I didn't think you'd do this, but based on activity I do think the win should be ours.

And to Aldaron: You had a chance to sub in this round, lol, I even asked you today if you were thinking about subbing in for the LD match. After Jackal announces a winner is not the time to volunteer to battle.

And yeah, WEST has this, book it!

Press Conference Time:

I am very happy that I was able to contribute a win for Team USA West during this round. Although the win was dirty as hell, I would have liked to dirty my team vs Asia. It was hard for me personally facing against my native country and at least now it has been done. Good luck Asia in the tiebreaker versus us.

Antique Roadshow

Free Heart Swap Manaphy!
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Even though I am on neither team, I would like to see Aldaron and LD battle because the match would be awesome. Also @scofield he only declined because he thought DB would do it.

Aldaron

geriatric
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Scofield and Sot, I merely said I wasn't interested at the time. Your homer biases aside, how can you, with straight faces, actually claim that a free win is a better course of action than someone who will battle NOW if necessary

In competitive terms, you both should be wanting LD to actually earn his win as opposed to getting it for free =/

Besides, what are you guys worried about. I'm not even active in OU and I know LD is. He is like a 90-10 favorite to win anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)