The World Cup of Pokémon 2023 - Round 1 [TBs at post #311/335]

Status
Not open for further replies.

awyp

'Alexa play Ladyfingers by Herb Alpert'
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
RMT Leader
SV LC: Dorron vs Meru (US West pick)
Gen 7 Battle Factory: London Beats vs ima (Spain pick)
Gen 9 Random Battle: the winners of the above two games, if needed (merica)

Denial

formerly Lunala
is a Past WCoP Champion
SV LC: Dorron vs Meru (US West pick): i do not have much info on Dorron, and even less about his LC skills. The only memory i have with him is that he lost in finals in NatDex Mono PL and lost us the tour. Meru is good and has LC experience, just don't get webbed.
Gen 7 Battle Factory: London Beats vs ima (Spain pick): battle factory is an interesting randbat format cause its pretty much just playing in lower tiers. On that alone, i would bold for ima as he has more knowledge about sm lower tiers as a whole, unless they pull SM Ubers in which London should be favoured. I'm bolding london anyways so i can make this dumbass post a bit longer.
Gen 9 Random Battle: London Beats vs Meru: this one is impossible to predict unfortunately. Neither have randbat experience and i believe both of them to be on the same level of skill. Whoever gets Miraidon wins this i guess.

Rubyblood

Tyrants GSC Legend
is a Tiering Contributoris a defending SPL Championis a Past SCL Champion
World Defender
Ok Ok since Belgium is out now , I rarely do s/o but here I felt good to do so as this was my best experience by far.

First of all, I'd like to thank Amaranth and the staff for their hard work. The tournament was a great success.

To explain my background, I'm clearly not a team player due to some bad experiences in the past, because I always want to do well and not disappoint my team. It's true that last year I was in with Europe and it was an honor to be there, because it's historically a team that's surrounded by good old player but well unfortunately the demons of the past mainly the SPL .I didn't feel ready to invest as much as I would have liked so I took the initiative of taking a break and refocusing on myself and I hope they don't hold it against me.

To get back to team Belgium, I had already started with Team Benelux with Aliss and Drud , I'd like to thank you both for trusting me to play with your team, as I was a random and obviously needed somewhere to start. Hope you're both well whatever you're doing now.

Then once team benelux was dissolved I came with belgium with my old friends Eoward and Axcypher (formerly Vextal) who were major players in the creation of this team, we have been very disappointed in the past but we are there !
I've always felt good and invested in this team since its beginnings, because there's nothing more important than playing for your country with my friends. I know how disappointed you were when I went to Europe, even though you wished me luck.

So this year I felt it was ours and I wasn't wrong, it only started with a message on the server and it was probably the best thing I've done since I've been here.

I'm so proud of what we've achieved, regardless of whether we qualify or not. For me, it was already an achievement to get through the qualifiers in style, because you were all fantastic.

Time for individual s/o ! hoping I haven't forgotten anyone :worrywhirl:

Pais procorphish Kibo I'd like to thank you all for being a great help during the qualifiers for our friend Madara, you're very good players who understand the current metagame very well, I wish you all the best for the future and good luck in tiebreak.
As Pais the goat would say (be honorable and make your country proud !!).

mimilimi I'm not forgetting your punctual help during the qualifiers and the ideas you proposed, you're already a great builder and I'm sure you'll do great things, gg for your score in round 1 and good luck for the playoffs man.

BlazingDark Herv @bbcrew You have been a big part of my success for all the personal support and trust you have in me. Thanks my brothers
When I'm thinking about ur crazy idea on that enamorus therian screens team at 3 fucking AM lmao. This show your capacity to see what's strong in as metagame and it also proves why you're so strong in UU, keep it up and I look forward to working with you again brother. Micciu

Sahki My man thank you for coming after you sad elimination in qualifier, you're an excellent player and I really hope to see you in the next line up with Brazil. we'll see you soon for sure.

Nelson Vieux père, I hope you're proud of us, you're the oldest representative on the belgium team. Maybe you'll be back next year, should be dope!

AyanYuli Max2412 Abbehat I hope you'll be part of our great adventure next year, even if you guys haven't been very active, at least you've accomplished some great thing in each life. Congratulations for your children friend, the best thing you can do Max2412.

AxCypher you weren't with us this year, but you're still an important member on this team just for creating it. I hope all goes well for you and that you'll be with us next year bro.

Alumn You're definitely our mascot , keep making us laugh as much you can. You're a great person. I'm glad you're with us.

AtraX Madara I knew even before the tournament started you would be a great asset for the squad. You're a great player, your preparation is always serious and pertinent, you were probably the wildest player in the team, using all kinds of different weapons. Thank you for having contributed so much , for the preparations and your super final score on the sheet. Keep going bro

B1Kharma The biggest surprise on this year, Literally no experience on this game and the tournament. You've had an incredible progression and I'm so proud of you. I'm sure you'll be a great player on this site if you keep working hard like you have been, everything that happens you deserve a lot. I'll always remember your game against Santu in that mirror game , thats fucking head smash with tusk on the enamorus damn, Keep on improving Champion

le LLiolae My brother. When I think in our debut on this game until that wcop. I'm really happy I did it with you. You know how much I have unlimited confidence on you. You can destroy anyone when you're at your prime. I think that despite being one of the most accomplished players here, you've progressed mentally and you didn't give up after the first three defeats in unfortunate circumstances. Beyond your score, you won your two last games with a lot of confidence and control. The tournament was long for everyone but you didn't hesitate to take the lead when Eoward and myself were easing off a bit. It shows you're great leader as well the player you are. We'll do better next year for sure brother.

MSnt ah man so glad you came out of retirement to help us qualify and make it to the main event, I loved working with you because we have the same style of play and I was already sure it would go well. We'll do better next year, but you can already be proud of your achievements brother

Quint_ I hope you won't mind for don't played this wcop but trust me, you've been an important member because you've been involved in the build and the all tests, thank you very much for having been active despite your irl occupations. You'll clearly get your chance next year, because I know your level and I trust you. stay around, we'll need you bro

Uxilon Another guy who's been so important to this team, you were a major player in qualifying, you won your two games with a lot of hard work and seriousness, and that's totally deserved. It doesn't matter that you missed round 1, you know that doesn't reflect your level. I know how exhausting this tournament has been, but you can be proud and confident that you'll do better next year

Wanony lt's the same as with uxilon, you've been an absolute goat even though I knew very little about you beforehand, a great surprise and I've had a lot of fun building your teams. I know you really want to build yours in the future but don't worry you know what you have to do to get there. This was your first experience like the majority guys on this team. Let's winning all next year bro

RoiDadadou The first thing that come in my mind when I think of you is Thank to you. You've been incredible troughout this tournament. Your Involvement has been very important, You didn't hesitate to tell us what was wrong and also to push us to use new things to be better.We were dominant in qualifying you were really able to bring out the best on this team with your advice. Of course, I hope to see you back with us in the next years, you're important as any member on the team. But I won't be surprise to see you in France, because I can tell them what a competent and good leader you are. Thank you on behalf of the Team Belgium my friend!

Eoward What would our team be without our manager ? You've got a fucking soul and energy when it come to wcop. Absolute goat. You're also funny about ur crazy builds LOL I laughed so hard when I saw some past from you , probably the misunderstood genius. But any case you were a great player and a great lader during this tournament, always consistent and had the right words to mobilize and motivate the team. It was a great pleasure and honnor to lead Belgium with you. We'll do better next year but we really deserved to get some rest now brother.

COME ON BELGIUM

Last edited:

RoiDadadou

Nothing less... from a king.
is a Pre-Contributor
Ok Ok since Belgium is out now , I rarely do s/o but here I felt good to do so as this was my best experience by far.

First of all, I'd like to thank Amaranth and the staff for their hard work. The tournament was a great success.

To explain my background, I'm clearly not a team player due to some bad experiences in the past, because I always want to do well and not disappoint my team. It's true that last year I was in with Europe and it was an honor to be there, because it's historically a team that's surrounded by good old player but well unfortunately the demons of the past mainly the SPL .I didn't feel ready to invest as much as I would have liked so I took the initiative of taking a break and refocusing on myself and I hope they don't hold it against me.

To get back to team Belgium, I had already started with Team Benelux with Aliss and Drud , I'd like to thank you both for trusting me to play with your team, as I was a random and obviously needed somewhere to start. Hope you're both well whatever you're doing now.

Then once team benelux was dissolved I came with belgium with my old friends Eoward and Axcypher (formerly Vextal) who were major players in the creation of this team, we have been very disappointed in the past but we are there !
I've always felt good and invested in this team since its beginnings, because there's nothing more important than playing for your country with my friends. I know how disappointed you were when I went to Europe, even though you wished me luck.

So this year I felt it was ours and I wasn't wrong, it only started with a message on the server and it was probably the best thing I've done since I've been here.

I'm so proud of what we've achieved, regardless of whether we qualify or not. For me, it was already an achievement to get through the qualifiers in style, because you were all fantastic.

Time for individual s/o ! hoping I haven't forgotten anyone :worrywhirl:

Pais procorphish Kibo I'd like to thank you all for being a great help during the qualifiers for our friend Madara, you're very good players who understand the current metagame very well, I wish you all the best for the future and good luck in tiebreak.
As Pais the goat would say (be honorable and make your country proud !!).

mimilimi I'm not forgetting your punctual help during the qualifiers and the ideas you proposed, you're already a great builder and I'm sure you'll do great things, gg for your score in round 1 and good luck for the playoffs man.

BlazingDark Herv @bbcrew You have been a big part of my success for all the personal support and trust you have in me. Thanks my brothers
When I'm thinking about ur crazy idea on that enamorus therian screens team at 3 fucking AM lmao. This show your capacity to see what's strong in as metagame and it also proves why you're so strong in UU, keep it up and I look forward to working with you again brother. Micciu

Sahki My man thank you for coming after you sad elimination in qualifier, you're an excellent player and I really hope to see you in the next line up with Brazil. we'll see you soon for sure.

Nelson Vieux père, I hope you're proud of us, you're the oldest representative on the belgium team. Maybe you'll be back next year, should be dope!

AyanYuli Max2412 Abbehat I hope you'll be part of our great adventure next year, even if you guys haven't been very active, at least you've accomplished some great thing in each life. Congratulations for your children friend, the best thing you can do Max2412.

AxCypher you weren't with us this year, but you're still an important member on this team just for creating it. I hope all goes well for you and that you'll be with us next year bro.

Alumn You're definitely our mascot , keep making us laugh as much you can. You're a great person. I'm glad you're with us.

AtraX Madara I knew even before the tournament started you would be a great asset for the squad. You're a great player, your preparation is always serious and pertinent, you were probably the wildest player in the team, using all kinds of different weapons. Thank you for having contributed so much , for the preparations and your super final score on the sheet. Keep going bro

B1Kharma The biggest surprise on this year, Literally no experience on this game and the tournament. You've had an incredible progression and I'm so proud of you. I'm sure you'll be a great player on this site if you keep working hard like you have been, everything that happens you deserve a lot. I'll always remember your game against Santu in that mirror game , thats fucking head smash with tusk on the enamorus damn, Keep on improving Champion

le LLiolae My brother. When I think in our debut on this game until that wcop. I'm really happy I did it with you. You know how much I have unlimited confidence on you. You can destroy anyone when you're at your prime. I think that despite being one of the most accomplished players here, you've progressed mentally and you didn't give up after the first three defeats in unfortunate circumstances. Beyond your score, you won your two last games with a lot of confidence and control. The tournament was long for everyone but you didn't hesitate to take the lead when Eoward and myself were easing off a bit. It shows you're great leader as well the player you are. We'll do better next year for sure brother.

MSnt ah man so glad you came out of retirement to help us qualify and make it to the main event, I loved working with you because we have the same style of play and I was already sure it would go well. We'll do better next year, but you can already be proud of your achievements brother

Quint_ I hope you won't mind for don't played this wcop but trust me, you've been an important member because you've been involved in the build and the all tests, thank you very much for having been active despite your irl occupations. You'll clearly get your chance next year, because I know your level and I trust you. stay around, we'll need you bro

Uxilon Another guy who's been so important to this team, you were a major player in qualifying, you won your two games with a lot of hard work and seriousness, and that's totally deserved. It doesn't matter that you missed round 1, you know that doesn't reflect your level. I know how exhausting this tournament has been, but you can be proud and confident that you'll do better next year

Wanony lt's the same as with uxilon, you've been an absolute goat even though I knew very little about you beforehand, a great surprise and I've had a lot of fun building your teams. I know you really want to build yours in the future but don't worry you know what you have to do to get there. This was your first experience like the majority guys on this team. Let's winning all next year bro

RoiDadadou The first thing that come in my mind when I think of you is Thank to you. You've been incredible troughout this tournament. Your Involvement has been very important, You didn't hesitate to tell us what was wrong and also to push us to use new things to be better.We were dominant in qualifying you were really able to bring out the best on this team with your advice. Of course, I hope to see you back with us in the next years, you're important as any member on the team. But I won't be surprise to see you in France, because I can tell them what a competent and good leader you are. Thank you on behalf of the Team Belgium my friend!

Eoward What would our team be without our manager ? You've got a fucking soul and energy when it come to wcop. Absolute goat. You're also funny about ur crazy builds LOL I laughed so hard when I saw some past from you , probably the misunderstood genius. But any case you were a great player and a great lader during this tournament, always consistent and had the right words to mobilize and motivate the team. It was a great pleasure and honnor to lead Belgium with you. We'll do better next year but we really deserved to get some rest now brother.

COME ON BELGIUM
Hasta la próxima, Comandante.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)