Status
Not open for further replies.

General Smogon Rules
Sign-up Thread
1st Round
2nd Round
3rd Round
4th Round

This tournament is an experiment and an investigation into the effect an "obvious" Uber pokemon will have on the current OU metagame. This is particularly interesting as most of the "obvious" Ubers such as Mewtwo, Kyogre and Darkrai are only countered by Pokemon in OU and the tiers below it. This tournament tests your knowledge and team building - how to abuse the Uber but also how to counter them with your team.

Each round iKitsune will select an "obvious" Uber pokemon to be included. You do not need to use that pokemon in your team but I assume most of you will. In the subsequent rounds iKitsune will pick a different uber pokemon but only one Uber will be allowed each round.

This is a Single Elimination Tournament.
Logs are not required to confirm your victory, but would be nice.

Battle Rules
Evasion Clause
Sleep Clause
OHKO Clause
Self-KO Clause
Species Clause
Timed Battle

Deadline for Semi-Finals Matches is 20th January 2010

Congratulations to those who made it, the Uber for this round is:

Giratina-O

Pairings

Blackhawk11 vs reyscarface vs SevveN
reachzero vs locopoke vs -Mind-

(there are two round robins consisting of three people each for this round to avoid a finals tie situation, if there is a tie in this round the players will have to play each other again with different teams permitted)

LETS GO SPAGHETTI-O!

Thanks Dragonknight! for the awesome banner.

Blackhawk11 vs reyscarface vs SevveN Hmm. Gut tells me Rey
reachzero vs locopoke vs -Mind- Here I have no idea. Random.org tells me -Mind-

Oh boy, I'm gonna love this. Coming up against an experienced Uber battler, and a well known experienced all round great battler. Time to shine.

Blackhawk11

one on one
I'm gonna go with reachzero winning his pairings. I'll contact Rey and sevven later this afternoon. GL to all the battlers that made it this far!

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Why are we doing round robin in the semi-finals and not in the finals? Shouldn't the format for this round be 3 different matchups?

Anyway figures the mexican lucks out in the pairings -.-

edit nvm w/e

bojangles

IF YOU TRULY BELIEVE,
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Blackhawk11 vs reyscarface vs SevveN - Blackhawk has this!
reachzero vs locopoke vs -Mind- - tough choice here, all are excellent.

Blackhawk11 vs reyscarface vs SevveN - not really sure.
reachzero vs locopoke vs -Mind- - pro anti-metagamer is here.

I'm guessing either Reach or Mind (if he wins this round) will win it all.

Engineer Pikachu

Good morning, you bastards!
is a Contributor Alumnus
Blackhawk11 vs reyscarface vs SevveN -- Rey's good.
reachzero vs locopoke vs -Mind- -- and my calculator's RNG says loco.

2 major crits and a miss cost rey the game, terribly sorry. bad game :x

EDIT: "Sorry man, but I cant really say "gg" here, and im pretty sad because I wanted to win this tourney..."

It's alright I don't blame you, I can't say GG myself xd and also, what happens if it's a 3-way tie? BH11 beats me, rey beats him, etc.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
Well, crit in the beginning game left me without swampert, who walled all his team, then I missed a crucial Fire Blast on his <x> which weakened me so my LO recoil killed me, and finally, when I still had the match won, a last turn crit appears costing me the whole game.

Sorry man, but I cant really say "gg" here, and im pretty sad because I wanted to win this tourney...

Edit: If that happens which i really doubt, we would have to face each other again, etc.

Bet Blackhawk11 2-0 in a close, FAIR game. He completely forgot about Scizor which finished off his last two pokemon with Bullet Punch. GG, finals here I come.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)