Strategy & Metagame The Top 10 Mechanical Changes to Competitive Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know I have another pending article, but this is something I can probably knock out in the next few day if it's approved~

Probably the biggest changes each generation is not the new Pokemon and moves introduced, but the mechanical changes that alter the way every battle plays out. With XY coming up soon, I'd like to take a look at the top 10 biggest mechanical changes for competitive Pokemon. I've already compiled a list of major mechanical changes throughout the gens, so this would be more of a ranking of impact of them.

Examples of what would likely be included: introduction of abilities, introduction of items, special split, physical / special split, team preview, ADV's IV / EV overhaul, GSC's type chart alterations, critical hit mechanic changes, introduction of field effects, Explosion nerf, major status changes, etc.

The article would look at how the mechanical changes affected later generations, how BW would play without those mechanical changes, and conclude with how mechanical changes for XY could shape the upcoming metagame.

Birkal

We have the technology.
is a Top Artistis a Top CAP Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
YES. This is sick. Absolutely love the concept. Auto-approved; post in WAWD when it goes up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)