The Studio - Song Recommendations

Singles of the Week

review of 2 or 3 singles that stand out

• PS! Username: (%) lyd♮
  • Song: Taska Black - Backwards Love (ft. TRACE)
  • Genre: Future Bass
  • Description: This might be one of my favorite Taska Black, it has very deep and well thought (and kinda relatable tbh) lyrics, but I really love how the feel of the track compliments the lyrics. You'd expect the musical persona to be angry and frustrated about the situation they're going through, but the track has a super mellow and easygoing feeling, which not only shows a great way to handle this type of situation (don't let anyone impose themselves over you, but be mellow about it), but it also kind of plays with this mix of emotions and gives the song a lot of contrast and freshness. I love it.

• Song: BLR & NBLM - Don't You Love This Feeling (Tech Mix)
  • Genre: Tech House
  • Description: BLR has been getting me kind of into Tech House slowly but surely, but this track completely sold me. Tech House has such a cool and distinct sound, and when you add that to BLR standards of quality, it's hard to go wrong. This track has almost kind of a mesmerising feeling, and you can really see that BLR sound coming through. I'm not as familiar with NBLM but I assume they also contributed a lot, because this track sounds pretty unique from what I'm used to hearing from BLR. Great track regardless.

Rage

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator
RoA Leader
Next series of song recommendations...
for the month of June with the theme of songs representing the LGBT community!

Drivers

• Tenshi Nagae
  • Song: Chely Wright - Like Me
  • Genre: Country
  • Description: Chely is one of the first openly gay Country singers in the industry, not only being an amazing artist, she also proves to be an exceptionally strong woman capable of brushing of mountains of hate and death threats and carry on in her career to be a huge icon in Country Music

• lyd
  • Song: Flume - Say It (Feat. Tove Lo)
  • Genre: Flume (Future Bass i guess, but Flume is a genre)
  • Description: Tove Lo is bi (font: surg) so that's the LGBT artist of choice for me. She's an amazing singer and this song really displays it, with those wonderful synths by flume taking a back synth for her voice to shine, which is a nice change up from most of Flume's Album "Skin". The lyrics are also very deep, talking about a somewhat rocky relationship with lines such as "Don't doubt me babe | You make me wanna change" and "Bite me babe, you make me love the pain". However the song never explicitly says if the person in the relationship is male, female, or neither. I don't have much else to talk about, this song is perfect, listen to it, bye.

Moderators

• Surgeon
  • Song: Lady Gaga - Pokerface
  • Genre: Pop
  • Description: plot twist she's talking about doing it with a guy while thinking about a girl but she's got her poker face on so he'll never know

• ImmaFirinMahLazer
  • Song: Boygenius - Cowboy Take Me Away (Dixie Chicks Cover)
  • Genre: Indie Sadgirl but the cover is of a country song, so sad yeehaw
  • Description: In 2018 Boygenius released one of my favorite albums/ep's of that year. The trio features two LGBTQ artists, Lucy Dacus (Queer) and Julien Baker (Lesbian). The trio also features LGBTQ ally Phoebe Bridgers. While I could have chosen a song from their amazing EP, i decided to choose this beautiful cover of a Dixie Chicks song instead. If you have the time i fully recommend checking out their EP as well as their solo work.

Room Owners

• St. Pablo
  • Song: Frank Ocean - Super Rich Kids (feat. Earl Sweatshirt)
  • Genre: R & B
  • Description: frank ocean is one of the most well spoken artists that i've heard, and his songs have a way of painting a story and making you feel something. before ocean had released channel orange, he posted a coming out letter of sorts, that details his first romance with a male partner, and much like in many of his songs, he expresses his emotions in such a meaningful and beautiful way. this song touches on the search for true love and i think ocean's history and his search is what pride really stands for.

Figure I have a good idea for a rec for that topic!

Faith No More - Be Aggressive
Genre: Alternative Metal
Description: This is the only song off the album where the vocalist, Mike Patton, had no input into the lyrics. It was written by the keyboard player, Roddy Bottum, who wrote it in part as something that would be embarrassing for Mike Patton to sing, but I don't think he's capable of feeling embarrassment so he embraced it pretty well. Roddy came out publicly as gay a few months after the album was released which was a pretty rare thing at the time (possibly the only one in the early 90s?) in the world of metal.

The Berry Master

Banned deucer.
PS! Username: The Berry Master
Song: For The Damaged - Blonde Redhead
Link: For The Damaged - Blonde Redhead YT Link
Genre: Alternative Indie
Description: Oldie about everybody being damaged and needing some love

Song: Lets Stay Together - Al Green
Link: Lets Stay Together - Al Green YT Link
Genre: R&B
Description: I'll keep on lovin' you whether times are good or times are bad

Last edited:
Singles of the Week

• Song: Meduza - Piece Of Your Heart (Alok Remix)
  • Genre: Brazillian Bass
  • Description: A great tune by the goat Alok, the original track by Meduza already had this cool vibe with a really smooth deep house drop, but it didn't quite stand out. Alok did his magic and we got this banger out of it. The verse is really nice, and that bassline is all over the place in that drop. I like how this track packs such a punch and you can (will) definitely hear that on (a brazillian) club, but it's still very radio friendly and has a really nice vibe.

• Song: Bart B More - Basslyn
  • Genre: Bass House
  • Description: Bart B More is doing some really outstanding tracks as of late, trying out new stuff and, for me, this is the peak of it. That drop is mind blowing, you have such a powerful bassline keeping you grounded while the synth seems to slow down and modulate pitch it's tempo and that makes for a really cool effect. This is that kind of underground and experimental track that just... Works, really! It's very refreshing to hear something this unique yet still well crafted. Another excellent track.

Singles of the Week

• Song: Flume - Let You Know (feat. London Grammar)
  • Description: Flume is literally a god of making music, so this track is no different, with that iconic style, a really well paced beat, and amazing vocals from London Grammar this is yet another masterpiece. The synths in the climax of the song really remind of those In Jewel, by Flume as well, but in a new context, making them fit really well here. What sells this song even more to me is the syncopation of the synth in the verse with the beat and the vocals, that rhythmic layering with those soothing granular synthesisers are just perfection. I love this one.

• Song: Zeds Dead x DROELOE - Stars Tonight
  • Description: DROELOE always delivers and this time they're doing a collab with Zeds Dead. I'm not too familiar with Zeds, but this sounds very DROELOEish to me, so I'm going to be reviewing mostly in that point of view. Ok so, first things first, that melody is amazing. It really gives the vibe that the song seems to be trying to give, and it seems to be the foundation of the whole song, so it works super harmoniously, despite being pretty much a constant throughout all the song, with the main exception being the break before the buildup, that provides a really cool twist to the song taking it on a diferrent direction, and the bridge that also aims to bring another light to the song. The drop is your standard DROELOE, but those pack a really good punch and obviously have a very high standard, so nothing to scoff at here. The second drop takes us on a different direction to later introduce that same melody, also making that part standout quite a lot. In general, this song isn't too different from your typical DROELOE song, but it's wonderful regardless.

Extended Play Review

review of the e.p. as a whole + 2 or 3 tracks

• Album: pluko - CLASS XIX
  • Description: pluko brings some really fresh music to the table with his mixtape CLASS XIX. All the tracks seem to have a little quirk and are all unique in their own ways. That being said, this album has some big gems like splendid morning and splendid evening, which really are, as the name implies, splendid, and i want you, just to mention a few. Definitely worth a listen since it's only 8 tracks.
  • Song: pluko - splendid morning
  • Description: I LOVE THIS! It has such a jolly, quirky, and happy vibe, I could listen to this like, literally all day. This track is super uplifting, and those plucks in conjunction with the cheerful melody really do the trick. The vocals are also nice to bring this mood, the bridge of the track is also very eerie but still happy, one of my favorite moments in music.

• Song: pluko - splendid evening
  • Description: splendid evening continues where splendid morning left off, continuing the musical idea of the end of morning into a new context, until it develops a feeling of it's own. evening is much more laid back and focused on this very specific vibe, it feels really quirky and unique, mostly due to a combination of the godlike sound design with a genius harmory to accompany it. Another masterpiece from this album.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
is a Contributor to Smogon

• PS! Username: Broken Phobias
  • Song: Grandpop's Uke
  • Link: Grandpop's Uke by Forrest
  • Genre: R&B / Soul
  • Description: What better time to post this beautiful song then the summer time. Grandpop's Uke is a beautifully written song that is sung from the perspective of a young man presumably 19 or 20 who's just found his Grandfather's Ukulele. Grandpop's Uke delivers fresh, wholesome, and happy vibrations while celebrating the life of a loved one who has passed. The song is very fun to listen to and is by far my favorite right now. Grandpop's Uke is definitely a song that is going to stay with me for a long time.

pulsar512b

ss ou fangirl
is a Pre-Contributor
PS! Username: pulsar512b

• Song: Faith of The Heart - Diane Warren/Rod Stewart

• Link:

• Genre:Pop rock

• Description: Awesome motivational song also used as a theme song and yeah coooll

• Song: Come And Get Your Love - Redbone

• Link:
  • Genre: Pop Rock
  • Description: its in the guardians of the galaxy intro scene duh its awesome need i say more also i pissed off my roommates by playing it at max volume all day

Hey! So not many of you know me, I presume, but I like music and stuff, so here you go!

PS! Username: Tic-Tac-Toe Guru
Song: Year of the Cat
Artist: Al Stewart
Genre: Pop/Soft Rock
Description: A hit song from 1977, Year of the Cat still holds up today as one of my favorite songs of all time. The piano line opening the song puts you right in the mood that Al sets for the song and draws you right in. The use of the second person in the lyrics makes you feel like you're right there in the song, experiencing the story that Al paints in this song. Combined with the lush instrumentation and Al's smooth vocals, you have a pop song which has gone forgotten by way too many.
Link:

PS! Username:
Tic-Tac-Toe Guru
Song: Plastic 100°C
Artist: Sampha
Genre: Alternative R&B/Electronic
Description: The opening track to Sampha's debut album Process, Plastic 100°C is easily a highlight and is my personal favorite off of the record. Sampha's vocals play off the warm synths and strings effortlessly as he describes to the listener his struggles with his fame, his health, and his identity. At over a five-minute run-time, Sampha keeps the listener engaged by the constantly progressing production and vocal tones. This track is excellent and one of my favorites of this decade.
Link:

PS! Username: Tic-Tac-Toe Guru
Song: Believe
Artist: A-Trak ft. Quavo and Lil Yachty
Genre: Hip-Hop/Trap
Description: This is a track that I honestly feel like could have gone mainstream on name recognition but unfortunately didn't. Maybe that's because of A-Trak's flavorfully-produced trap beat, favoring brighter, more fun (maybe even more quirky?) sounds over the more traditional darker, grimier tones in trap music. Lil Yachty delivers an excellent hook, and he and Quavo trade bars throughout the song. Lyrically, you won't find much outside of brag rap, but with the beat as fun as it is and how alive and fun Quavo and Yachty sound, it's hard not to love and have fun with too.
Link:

Last edited:
so i havent been logging into ps all that much lately cus finals but music is still a fucking integral part of my life, and ive been studying a lot listening to music as well, so i thought these were definitely worth sharing, and i really care about this thread and sharing my music too so i really couldnt leave this behind. that should explain why im posting here in spite of my inactivity

Singles of the Week

• Song: Max Styler - TiME (feat. Bok Nero)
  • Genre: Deep House
  • Description: I kind of stopped caring much for Deep House because pretty much all the songs became way to similar at one point, but one artist pushing the boundaries of the genre is Max Styler, and this track is the culmination of it. Dope vocals by Bok Nero with some really cool steady beat in the background set the mood, but the drop is the main course, an insane opening to the drop with those soothing arpeggiating sounds with then shifts to a stack of minor piano chords into an acid bassline and for me the best of the drop with those wavy and smooth synths guiding the way. One of the best tracks I've listened to in a big while, no cap.

• Song: What So Not & Diablo - OOHGAHDAM!
  • Genre: Drum & Bass
  • Description: Never been much into Drum & Bass but holy shit this song is fucking fire. What So Not is a fucking genius and this track goes to show that statement is true no matter the genre. That lead is so dirty and powerful it's literally insane, there's no more fitting "word" to describe this song than "OOHGAHDAM!"

• Song: Snareskin - Even LA
  • Description: With standout vocals, and a really cool vibe, Even LA by Snareskin is quite a radio friendly Future Bass track, but it sure does the job and set a nice mood, nice track and totally worth a listen.

Extended Play Review

review of the e.p. as a whole + 2 or 3 tracks

• Album: Manu Dia - Surface EP
  • Description: Manu Dia's style is really heartwarming, the songs are just so uplifting and lowly at the same time, and it all culminates in a beautiful EP I literally can't stop listening to. This is so good to have in the background while I study for my finals but for pretty much any mood these songs are sure to fit. Manu Dia is a smaller artist that really deserves a lot more recognition with songs of such good caliber, give his music a chance, you won't be disapointed.
  • Album: Manu Dia - Kids In America (feat. Panama)
  • Description: The warm and smooth vocals here add so nicely to the whole vibe of the song, it's so cozy and easygoing, it really always put a big ear-to-ear to smile in my face, the drop with these plucks and percussions sounds so natural too. This is just a perfect blend of vocals and percussion.

• Album: Manu Dia - Sign (feat. KOLE)
  • Description: KOLE's vocals fit greatly here, with the accompaniment of Manu Dia doing an excellent job at highlighting such beautiful vocals, but the drop is the standout, most definitely, just the vibe it gives with that guitar and the way it blends with KOLE's voice is just absurdly good. This track is truly otherworldly when it comes to quality.

Last edited:

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
Image result for Luvdisc gifs

• Song: Better Not
  • Link: Better Not by Louis The Child
  • Genre: Dance / Electronica
  • Description: "It's true love, don't waste it." This line does sound really cheesy and may turn some of you off from the song but I don't think the lyrics really make much of an impact on this song. The beat does it all as it draws you win and makes you want to turn it up and listen to that bass. The song is extremely catchy and I love going out and partying with it on.

Related image

• Song: I Love College
  • Link: I Love College by Asher Roth
  • Genre: Hip Hop / Rap
  • Description: I heard this song for the first time ever during my first party at the college I went to. Its stayed with me since then as one of my favorites of all time. The catchy rhythm and easy to sing along to lyrics greatly benefit how happy and optimistic the song is. It's by far my favorite party song of all time. "I Love College" is literally the only song I know by Asher Roth. I mean come on, it's so hard to not bust out when you hear "That party last night was awfully crazy I wish we taped it!"

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
Wummer-Sprite (XY, Animation)

"I got a gun the size of a black hole"
  • Song: Shame
  • Link: Shame by System Of A Down / Wu-Tang Clan
  • Genre: Hip Hop / Rock / Rap
  • Description: Shame features fast-paced energetic lyrics from System Of A Down and then slower angrier lyrics from Wu-Tang Clan. These blend together to create one of my all-time favorite workout songs. The lyrics are fantastic and almost laughably silly in some parts but I feel like it adds to its monstrous attitude. Also, Wu-Tang's part is straight flames and it flows perfectly. This song is a great way to get your blood pumping and I listen to it almost every time I lift.

Singles of the Week

• Song: Caravan Palace - Plume
  • Genre: Electro Swing
  • Description: If you know my music taste, you know I have soft spot for Caravan Palace. This track is no different, with lovely vocals and a very uplifting groove this song just puts a huge smile in my face after what has been arguably one of the most disastrous weeks of my life. Thanks Caravan Palace :)

• Song: Zonderling - Spotlight
  • Genre: Future House
  • Description: Zonderling is by a long shot the best Future House producer in my book, and this track really goes to show it. Nice vocals and verse, but the drop is the standout part of this song. The consistent lead over top of a varying bassline adds a really cool and underexplored effect that really makes this song standout. This is a masterpiece.

• Song: BeauDamian - Missing You
  • Description: Nice to see BeauDamian in STMPD again, glad to see him succeding! This track has some really nice and mellow vocals, and that drop is not only easygoing, but also very creative. This is my type of track :)

Next Series of Song Recommendations...
for the month of July with the theme of cover songs!

• (%) Tenshi (Tenshi Nagae)
  • Song: Ronnie Spector - Back to Black (Amy Winehouse cover)
  • Genre: R&B
  • Description: A tribute to Amy Winehouse by the iconic rock/pop singer, and major influencer of Winehouse, Ronnie Spector. She released this as a charity single with all of its proceeds going to substance abuse treatment centers.

• (@) 1Surgeon (Surgeon)
  • Song: Lana Del Rey - Doin' Time
  • Genre: Reggae
  • Description: i feel like it'll be pending for the next 25 years so ill just say that it's better than the original.

• (#) Brandon
  • Song: MØ - Love On The Brain (Rihanna cover)
  • Genre: Soul
  • Description: MØ's voice works really excellently in this cover of one of my favorite Rihanna songs. She puts her own spin on it, but I really enjoy how she performs it.

• (@) Clouds
  • Song: 5 Seconds of Summer - Killer Queen (Queen cover)
  • Genre: Rock
  • Description: Prefacing this by saying that Queen is one of the hardest bands, if not the hardest, to cover, so standards are already incredibly high for anyone who attempts. On top of this, I don't care for 5SOS's music whatsoever, so when I first saw the title I was thinking I was going to be massively disappointed. What I heard was the exact opposite, and they absolutely nailed this cover. The harmonies were perfect, their own twist was unique, and the guitar solo is outstanding. This is the ultimate "don't judge a book by its cover" recommendation, and I'd recommend giving it a shot if you had the same bias as myself.

• (%) lyd
  • Song: Jacob Collier - Here Comes The Sun (feat. dodie)
  • Genre: Jacob Collier
  • Description: Jacob Collier is a wonderful musician and to see him cover one of the songs that just brings me the most nostalgia (shoutout bee movie (ya like jazz?)) is honestly heartwarming. The vocal layering of his and dodie's vocals simultaneously soothing and awing. It makes the song so much more full of energy and joy, I physically can't listen to this without smiling. The section in the middle exploring some unique intruments and rhythms also goes a long way to change things up and provide a fresh take on the song. And the climax with thousand of Jacobs and dodies singing at you is fucking fantastic. This is actually a masterpiece. This was actually the song that gave me the idea to bring up covers as this month's theme, and here we are :)

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
Related image
'

ALL MY FRIENDS ARE DEAD, AND I GOT A BLANK SPACE SO I'LL WRITE YOUR NAME

• Song: Africa
  • Link: Africa by Weezer
  • Genre: Alternative / Indie
  • Description: Its fucking Africa, everyone and their cousins have heard it. This cover, however, is pretty special as it features Weird Al Yankovic as a backup vocalist. Weezer does an astounding job of doing lead vocals and their alternative mix of the song makes it a masterpiece.
I don't know man, something about popular songs going punk is just so good to me.
  • Song: Since you Been Gone
  • Link: Since You Been Gone by A Day To Remember
  • Genre: Alternative / Punk
  • Description: This song's original is very good by Kelly Clarkson, however, I think the guys from A Day To Remember improve upon it by adding more emotion to its lyrics. The sad tone, in the beginning, turns into a resentful angry questioning a few seconds into the song. The boys just really knock it out of the park with this one with their changing attitudes.

• Song: Blank Space
  • Link: Blank Space by I Prevail
  • Genre: emo / hardcore/ metal core
  • Description: Boy oh boy did I never think this song was good until I heard the cover. When I'm working out and this song comes on I really just get pumped up. I Prevail's heavy guitar riffs really do this song justice. Absolute legendary cover in my opinion.

• Song: XO TOUR Llif3
  • Link: XO TOUR Llif3 by Fame on Fire
  • Genre: Punk/ Metal Core
  • Description: I listened to the original version by Lil Uzi Vert a lot in High School. I discovered this song while lifting recently and I guarantee its gonna stay with me for a while. It flaunts a fresh attitude and taste to the popular rap / Hip hop song. The Guitar always gets to me on this song. The vocals are fantastic and the fucking percussion is sensational.

• Song: Gangster Paradise
  • Link: Gangster's Paradise by Falling in Reverse
  • Genre: Punk Rock
  • Description: Alright last one lads. Gangster's Paradise is a 90's Classic by Coolio. Falling in Reverse does it justice by giving it a crazy and psycho take. The drums on this are fantastic as well and the vocals are so easy to just eat up and fall into. The only thing they could've done better was giving Coolio a part in the song.

I like a lot of covers so i'm going to post some more of them that i like., thank you for your consideration

Song: devo - [i can't get no] satisfaction (rolling stones cover)
Genre: post punk, new wave
Description: this literally doesn't sound anything like the original but thats okay because its still good

Song: drop nineteens - angel (madonna cover)
Genre: shoegaze
Description: i don't like this near as much as the original (madonna is a queen, we stan sksjksjsksjkjksjkjkskjskkjskjksk!!) but it's really cool anyway. it took me like 10 listens to figure out it was a cover lol

Song: weezer - just what i needed (the cars cover)
Genre: power pop
Description: this is the most trash shit in the world because they recorded it on a 4 track or something, they didn't have a keyboard so they just sang the keyboard part, and the recording actually cuts off before the song is over. so it's pretty bad but its weezer :) so i don't care :)

Song: deftones - please please please let me get what i want (the smiths cover)
Genre: alternative metal
Description: deftones have some really obvious influences from the smiths/the cure and that type of music so its cool to see them do a cover of that type of stuff

Singles of the Week

review of a few singles that stand out

• Song: What So Not - Stranger Things Remix
  • Description: I couldn't care less about Stranger Things in the grand scheme of things, but the fact that they in a way made this song exist makes me really fucking grateful lol. What So Not is a genius when it comes to making music, especially this Future Bass esque style and this is no exception, the contrast between tension and release, as well as loudness and silence in the drop is surely unique, and I love how What So Not tackles this idea without compromising the pacing.

Songs of the Month

more songs that fit the monthly theme

• Song: Flume ft. Kai & Kučka - Here
  • Description: Its flume. What can I say? The original has such great melody and lyrics, but to hear it with Kučka and Kai's vocals and that Flume beat in the background is something really really close to perfection. I really could listen to this song all day for a lot of days. I wish they would properly release this at some point.

Last edited:

Celestial

Turn Heavenward
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
PS! Username: +Jolteonite
Song: Ciara - Paint It Black
Genre: Rock, Pop
Description: I'm normally not a fan of cover songs, but this stands as perhaps my favorite cover song (I prefer this to the original). It plays quite differently than the original version and I prefer this new take on it. Definitely check it out if you haven't heard it yet.

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints

MDP055.png

Premier Ball
BP's Jams of the Month
Premier Ball

I've decided to create a post much like what lyd currently does with their recommendations. These are just songs that I'm going to recommend every month or whenever I can get around to them. They aren't necessarily new songs but just songs that I enjoy that I think people should give a listen. Because I listen to music based on my mood or current activity I'll list the songs under their respected mood or activity. Enjoy!

Kicklee-Avatar aus Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Workout Song

• Song: Sixteen
  • Link: Sixteen By Demon Hunter
  • Genre: Groove Metal / Alternative Metal
  • Description: Song starts with low string notes most likely done on a Cello. This is clearly just a precursor to what the song has in store. The guitar riffs are heavy and the lyrics sort of rip and tear angerly. To me its almost as if the tone of the lyrics is angerly argumentative. This, however, is not the case with the chorus of the song which really overshadows the angry lyrics. The lyrics in the chorus are much softer and are kind of smoother in a sense when comparing them to the Rougher tone of the rest of the song.
Skorgro-Avatar aus Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Rap / Hip Hop Song

• Song: Nikes on my Feet
  • Link: Nikes on my Feet By Mac Miller
  • Genre: Hip Hop / RAP
  • Description: The beats are clean and the lyrics are even cleaner. Mac Miller (rip homie) does a great job with portraying this songs carefree lyrics and its attitude that everything's gonna be alright. Another way you can perceive it as is cocky or overconfident. The song is incredibly catchy and easy to listen to. It was the first song I ever listened to by Mac Miller ever since then it has continued to be my favorite work by the late artist.

Giflor-Avatar aus Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Casual Beat

• Song: Hierba
  • Link: Hierba by Emune
  • Genre: Lo-Fi / Chillhop
  • Description: A song that opens up very smooth and it comes with some dialogue that, for me, never gets old. Unlike most Lo-Fi Chillhop music this song's beat just doesn't fade away. It pulls you back in with more lyrics towards the middle this time in a more rap and hip/hop style. Additionally, the breaths of air that come in the song are from the older daughters voice add variety to the beat and keep the song fresh. (Hierba means grass in Spanish btw. This does not mean the song is in Spanish lol.)

Special Mention

• Song: Fuck Ugly God
  • Link: Fuck Ugly God by Ugly God
  • Genre: Rap / Hip Hop
  • Description: This song is literally a diss track on the rapper. It's super easy to jam out too and it kind goes hard not gonna lie. If you play this on Subwoofers and bass boost it the song just bumps. This song is actually hilarious because of the disses the rapper makes on himself. I sincerely hope you play this on something with a lot of bass power so you can get an amazing experience.

Last edited:
Singles of the Week

review of a few singles that stand out

• Song: Ekali - Runaway (feat. Reo Cragun)
  • Description: Wow, what a track!! I've been digging some more hip hop kinda stuff (more on that later) so anything that bridges the gap between Future Bass and that (see: Flume's last album) is probably going to get me. But this song does more than that. Beautiful vocals, with a really nice melody and a sound design as sharp as that all combine to create such a cohesive tune. It all just feels right, and to get that feeling on a song is hard, lemme tell you. Overall this is a song I'll definitely listen a lot to!!

• Song: Rome In Silver - After it's dark..
  • Description: I really love Rome In Silver's music, and this is no exception. In fact, this is probably my favorite so far. Really memorable melody, mellow vibes, and a mindbendingly cool drop. Rome In Silver really deserves more recognition. The second part of the drop with some extreme syncopation is also amazing, and the bridge which adds some quite the ear candy of a melody is also a highlight for me. I love this song a whole lot!

• Song: Analogue Dear - Dots & Lines (ft. Azuria Sky)
  • Genre: Chill
  • Description: Really, what a beautiful song. Calm lyrics with those ambient sounding guitar and piano make it a really soothing and relaxing experience. And some extremely sentimental and deep lyrics go a long way as well. And this is apparently going to be in a new Analogue Dear album, so yeah, imagine a few more songs like this. I really can't wait!
Genre Spotlight

spotlight of a particular genre for some particular reason with a few highlight tracks

So... Here's some backstory. I was casually listening to Flume's playlist and suddenly a Tyler, The Creator Song popped up, "Running Out Of Time", I really fell in love. I tried Hip Hop a bit before but it didn't quite get me, but this more alternative kind of Hip Hop is music for my ears really. I listened to Tyler's IGOR, Kevin's Arizona Baby, The Internet's Hive Mind, Odd Future Vol. 2, and a bunch of other Hip Hop songs after that. I'm really loving this genre now. Shoutouts to my homies vivalospride St. Pablo and power for recommending me some stuff! Still haven't listened to everything (and if you want to recommend me something by ALL MEANS do so!!) but here are the tracks I liked the most so far:
  • Song: Biig Piig - 24K
  • Genre: Hip Hop
  • Description: So fucking chill. This is perfect for studying. The anaphora of the vocals and the repetitivess of the vocals allows this not only to be relaxing but to contrast certain parts of the lyrics and parts of the song as whole such as the trumpet parts. Biig Piig's vocals just fit so fucking perfectly with this beat too, jeez. This just gives me goosebumps of how good this is.

• Song: The Internet - Ya Know
  • Description: This song is like no other really. Definitely the best of the genre for me, and one of my favorite songs of really all time! It manages to be at the same time unsettling and easygoing, it's so bizarre, but like, in a good way. It kind of feels like you're drunk really, it all feels so good but it's so confusing, I think The Internet might have been going for that feeling tbh, with the sounds of people talking in the beginning feeling like you're in a bar or something. But well, in a more technical standpoint it really makes both the consonant parts and the dissonant parts stand out and gives a lot of contrast between them. This song is just otherworldly really. I could listen all day to this masterpiece!

• Song: Tyler, The Creator - EARFQUAKE
  • Description: That chorus bruh, it's just so good. I could listen to it on repeat. This whole songs just works so well together! The bassline is is so groovy, that high lead adds a lot to that drop, and the piano just fits so perfectly with Tyler's vocals. This track is a total masterpiece, and it totally deserves all the praise and attention it's getting.

• Song: Lizzo - Tempo (feat. Missy Elliott)
  • Description: This one's a bit more upbeat than what I usually like, but that beat is just too fire for me not to love this. I love how the key changes as well, because at some point the listener would get used to that melody, so the sudden key changes keeps that unsettling feeling. This song also throws a lot of variations on that main motif to keep it developing, which is also nice not to make it too repetitive. Great Track!
So that wraps it up, thanks for reading :)

Last edited:

BP

Upper Decky Lip Mints
Entoron-Avatar aus Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Premier Ball
BP's Jams of the Month
Premier Ball

JULY

Rasaff-Avatar aus Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Workout Song

• Song: Downfall of us all
  • Link: Downfall of us All By A Day to Remember
  • Genre: Alternative
  • Description: Back when I used to wrestle in high school each varsity wrestler had a runout song that would play as they were walking up to the table to sign in to wrestler. This was mine all 4 years of varsity high school wrestling. The first 6 seconds of the song was enough to really get the blood pumping. To this day it still gets me jacked whenever I'm in in the weight room. The constant guitar and smooth lyrics are really easy to groove out too. Not to mention, you can really feel the drums in the song and I'm guilty as charged of air-drumming along with it lol.
Toxiquak-Avatar aus Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Rap / Hip Hop Song

• Song: Bonfire
  • Link: Bonfire by Childish Gambino
  • Genre: Hip Hop / RAP
  • Description: "Okay its childish Gambino homegirl drop it like the NASDAQ" I've always been a huge fan of this song. The lyrics are absolutely incredible and they flow so well while still maintaining the songs rough cocky attitude. The song is so easy to follow and learn that if you pay attention you can rap this song no problem with a couple listens. This song is truly "hot like a parked car"
Smettbo-Avatar aus Pokémon Mystery Dungeon

Casual Beat

• Song: Tinder Samurai
  • Link: Tinder Samurai by Samsa
  • Genre: Hip hop / Rap
  • Description: Tinder Samurai takes a look at male mediocrity. In this song, the artist Samsa talks about his tinder profile and how it allows him to hide behind a screen and appear more manly or greater than he actually is. This song highlights what Samsa believes to be the dating scene and why he'd rather search online to lure girls without them getting to know him first. He later realizes how wrong he is and decides to ask a clerk out at his local Barnes & Noble. 10/10 song with the lyrics and soft beat. Samsa is one of my favorite rappers I found on Soundcloud. He isn't like most SoundCloud rappers though and has cemented his own style.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)