The Smog needs your help!

Well, I tried:

I don't know if it's good enough for you guys. The excess smoke can be used for like head lines or something. I kinda made the "The Smog" blend in with the smog (lol?). Oh well.

More detailed versions of the two people seemed to like best;

The fonts are still very tentative, but I think I like the font in #2 better. Actually, I think I like #2 better overall. But anyway. Thoughts?

Those are nice, Cactaur Joe, but I like the concept of using the koffing as the O in the word SMOG better.

Cactuar Joe is the one to win. Unless someone comes in and pwns his drawings.

And I also like Hen's Idea, on the koffing, the O in "The Sm[Koffing]g"

Most magazines have a simple, easily recognizable logo, graphic, but usually without illustrated elements.

so here are a couple of variations of the same theme..not sure about the colors though:

In order to see what it might look like in the context of an actual magazine cover, I did a quick mock-up:

Any thoughts or criticisms?

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus

These are my favourites by far.

Cartoons! I prefer the second one of yours, with the 'O' on the same level as the other letters. It's very simple, yet effective and looks great.

CactuarJoe, yours is good because that's actually the same idea I first had when thinking of a logo. Though I was thinking of Koffing actually blowing out the smog.

CactuarJoe's are cool, but #2 would probably be way too big and intrusive.. his #3 is really cool though.

Cartoons' looks more like an actual magazine title though. I personally think it would be cool if the "o" was yellow like it is on Koffing's stomach (while keeping the rest of the letters purple of course). Also think the o looks better uneven from the rest of the letters. It's like that trendy lowercase i stuff that apple and many others do.

Edit: Also for cartoons, the S is cool looking and all, but there's something about it that is bothering me... Is it thicker on top than on bottom? If my eyes aren't deceiving me, is there a way you could possibly make it more symmetrical?

I opened up photoshop about to create a text-based logo almost exactly like Firestorm's second, but I decided to check the thread first. Good thing I did. So far I like Firestorm's second, Cartoons' second, and CactuarJoe's second.

reyscarface

is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a defending SPL Championdefeated the Smogon Frontier
World Defender
I love the idea of Alakazam reading the magazine, extremely original xD
KoA's one is plain awesome and cool, it looks incredible.
CactuarJoe's idea is cool too, and i like the one where Koffing is flying rather than the other one, its a great idea.

Jimbo

take me anywhere
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
CactuarJoe's second one is probably my favorite so far.

I was going to say that, imo, the logo shouldn't use Sugimori or any other existing art as a base. Having said that I think Firestorm's is very cool even though the Koffing comes from someplace else (Or if it didn't, bravo!) I also like Cartoons' second one a lot.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah I have no artistic talent. If the style I did gets selected and they need someone to draw Koffing, someone else can do that >.>;

Who said we had to use Koffing? What about Snorlax?

Just a very fast rough copy. If I'm getting good feedback, I'll obviously spend more time on it and make it better.

Who said we had to use Koffing? What about Snorlax?

Just a very fast rough copy. If I'm getting good feedback, I'll obviously spend more time on it and make it better.
You amuse me human, but ye raise a good point. For all we have, why just use Koffing?

I think that Cartoons! is probably the best for the magazine, but Cactuar Joe's is just too amazing to pass up. They are both amazing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)