The NU Open IX - Round 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Luck O' the Irish vs xzern (luck won the coinflip for his extension)
Can I say that I am really unset that luck qualified to the next round of NU when I have made the effort been logged in every day messaging everyday waiting everyday and I get kicked out of the competition because they timed out and asked for an extension and still made no effort to meet a deadline.
How is this fair? Check his wall if you don't believe me, I tried.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Can I say that I am really unset that luck qualified to the next round of NU when I have made the effort been logged in every day messaging everyday waiting everyday and I get kicked out of the competition because they timed out and asked for an extension and still made no effort to meet a deadline.
How is this fair? Check his wall if you don't believe me, I tried.
Hi dapturner1992. I respect your concerns, but I checked your wall prior to the decision and I checked it again today. In addition, I discussed the situation with others in the host chat, including tournament directors and we maintain the decision of a coinflip. I will post a timeline of the situation in the HIDE tags below and while I do believe your claims about being active, you neglected to contact him at scheduled times, you neglected to follow-up with scheduling properly, and neither side was particularly consistent in attempting to get this game done after initial plans fell through. In the future, you may wish to consult this prior to scheduling your matches.
Timeline
  • July 1: Both players establish contact.
  • Next few days: They both offer times the other cannot make, combined with a slight miscommunication. They come to an agreement for a time on Saturday the fourth.
  • Saturday: Luck misses the time because of timezone confusion, but dapturner never contacted him at the time, never posted after the time, and provided no proof of being online.
  • Later Saturday: dapturner proposed a later time that day and Luck was online, but dapturner never showed up. This was not a longstanding agreement and was more of a last-ditch effort to get it done that day, but dapturner also seemed to show up...at times he did not exactly propose and then expect his opponent to come online promptly.
  • Sunday: Luck tried to say it was deadline day and all dapturner said was "been trying" all week...then Luck proposed a time for the next day, but instead dapturner said he would stick online when Luck was in the car and then within an hour dapturner left and tried to post as if he had some highground. This post really lacked substance to me, but I still did not have enough grounds to rule in the other direction, so I elected to extend the match.
  • Monday: Awkward b/c dapturner proposed until 12pm GMT, that is mostly overnight/early luck's time so I don't know what he was anticipating, and luck showed up at 12pm precisely whereas dapturner said he was online in the middle of the night Luck's time (3-4am EST which is 7-8am Luck). When they missed each other there, Luck responded to dapturner's VM trying to reschedule saying he was online, but got no response for 18 hours and by then it was coinflip time. Not much else I could do beyond flip it.

If you have any future concerns, feel free to PM me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)