The most amazing thing you have done in Pokémon?

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
cheap? It's perfectly legal, even here on Smogon which has stricter rules than World Championships.
Nothing legal is cheap, unless it's pure luck.

In Colosseum, I managed to catch Entei with a great ball at red health without a status condition with my first try. I was like ... what ... just ... happened ? I didn't expect to be able to catch it considering I'm terrible at catching legendaries.

When I was battling Groudon in SS, I was throwing Ultra Balls. Then I discovered I had no more ultra balls. So I just threw a regular Pokeball, expecting it to break out.
One shake.
Two shakes.
Three shakes.
Click.
I had captured Groudon in a regular Pokeball.

This is a very early post on the thread, but still:

Mine was definitely at the 2012 VGC. There was some guy being a total asshole at my Regionals, calling other players noobs, idiots, mocking them, and just overall being a jerk. My friend and I went together to the VGCs and she had to battle against him. After I had finished my match, I went up to my friend to see how she was doing and she was crying. Her opponent had called her a stupid beyotch and was making fun of her because she was a girl. This made me really mad, but luckily enough, for the next match, it was my turn to face him. He had a Rain team, which I was prepared for (all of my battles at this point had been against Rain). I was using a Tailwind team consisting of: Samurott, Lucario, Heatran, Zapdos, Tornadus-I, and Cresselia. It was a long battle, but I eventually won. When I told my friend, she was really happy for me. It felt even better knowing I got my revenge (and a lot of other people were giving me major props for beating him). It was easily the highlight of my day.
I commend you. People act like that all the time on Showdown/PO, and it bugs the hell out of me. Nothing is quite as satisfying in Pokemon that beating someone who spends half the match trash talking you like a junior high school student.

AWailOfATail

viva la darmz
I was experimenting and realized that Weezing was only weak to Psychic. And that Zoroark was immune to Psychic. I swept the Psychic E4 with a level 40 Zoroark, at least until they used Thunderbolt (which surprisingly didn't kill). Still an epic time for E4 stupidity.

2v2 Random Matchup in B/W. It came down to this guy's Umbreon and my Clefable. He had +2 Atk/Def from Curse. Drain Punch couldn't keep up so I had to resort to Metronome.

Clefable used Metronome! Clefable used Judgement!
Clefable used Metronome! Clefable used Psych Up! Clefable copied Umbreon's stat changes!

He disconnected. I would've been so pissed too.

The moment that stands out for me the most is when I finally beat Volt White 2. It was so much harder than Volt White 1.
I found Volt White 1 to be much harder due to the crazy amount of Double and Triple battles at gyms and elite 4. Also damn random gym leader rematches in the post game area

I was at Whitney, AND THE MILTANK CAME IN! It wrecked my team, and all i had was Togetic. Quilava burnt Miltank, and my Togetic used Metronome. It used Leech Seed and it died slowly... I won after 15 tries! It was an EPIC-win moment, that is for sure. Also, caught a shiny Rattata with my last Heal Ball and found a Shiny Raticate later in the game. (i caught)

So me and a buddy were doing an Ubers match. I told him that I was gonna bring 5 serious things & something ridiculous. He opted to do the same (when he didn't really need to). My something ridiculous that match was a Choice Banded Lumineon (11 days earlier, a guy who was streaming competitive battling got swept by the same set & DC'd). The Kyogre I used KO'd his something ridiculous (which was a Scarfed Castform) and my Lumineon got the next 4 kills. I could have gotten a 5th kill with Lumineon, but he ran with his sleeping Kyogre at very low yellow health. I uploaded the battle to YouTube (admittedly it wasn't a very good narration :/) and eventually retired the Lumineon in a box of its own. I also made a clone of it that I sent to my hard copy of Black 2. :P

So me and a buddy were doing an Ubers match. I told him that I was gonna bring 5 serious things & something ridiculous. He opted to do the same (when he didn't really need to). My something ridiculous that match was a Choice Banded Lumineon (11 days earlier, a guy who was streaming competitive battling got swept by the same set & DC'd). The Kyogre I used KO'd his something ridiculous (which was a Scarfed Castform) and my Lumineon got the next 4 kills. I could have gotten a 5th kill with Lumineon, but he ran with his sleeping Kyogre at very low yellow health. I uploaded the battle to YouTube (admittedly it wasn't a very good narration :/) and eventually retired the Lumineon in a box of its own. I also made a clone of it that I sent to my hard copy of Black 2. :P
I'm wondering what physical move can Lumineon learn apart from Waterfall and Return... Bounce ? lol.

I have a baton passing team of Eevees based on the Samurai Power Rangers. Flareon: Red, Espeon: Pink, Leafeon: Green, Vaporeon: Blue, Jolteon: Yellow, Umbreon: Gold (best I could do with that one), I was challenged to a match today where the opponent had Fire Arceus, Dragon Arceus, Ice Arceus, Electric Arceus, Ghost Arceus, and Deoxys.

Not only did I win, but I didn't have a single ranger faint. I don't think I'm going to get a better win with that team!

Taking on the E4 in Diamond and pulling off a clutch victory against Cynthia's Milotic with a critical Ember from a level 7 Chimchar.

Beating Iris in Black 2. Did I mention that I only had one Pokémon alive? Oh yeah, I didn't. My team was Serperior/Lucario/Magnezone/Arcanine/Zoroark/Ducklett(HM Slave) and I only had one Pokémon alive. Lucario had FOUR HP left when it KO'd her Archeops with ThunderPunch.

I hopped on Black 2 Random after a long time not playing, and got launched headfirst in battle against a asian with 3 stars, 327 victories, 0 defeats.
I won : The guy forfeited because my Starmie KOed his first two Pokémon.

(Long version/Short "Warstory") :

I sent my Starmie, he sent a Druddigon.

Turn 1:
-Starmie uses Gravity.
-Druddiggon uses Stealth Rock.

Turn 2:
-Starmie uses Blizzard.
-The Druddigon survives dues to his SE-reducing Berry.. but gets FROZEN! (thanks, hax)
-Starmie loses some HP due to its Life Orb.

Turn 3:
-Starmie uses Blizzard, Druddgion gets K.O'd.
-Opponent sends out a Lucario.

Turn 4:
-Starmie OHKOes the Lucario with Hydro Pump.
-Starmie loses some HP due to its Life Orb.
-Opponent sends out a Slowbro and forfeits!

To me, that luck was just frikkin' EPIC. I would have paid a lot just to see my opponent's face that day.

Last edited:
When I, by chance, encountered a shiny lv24 Tentacool. I had one pokeball left. Of the standard variety.

I throw it, and out of pure luck the Tentacool is caught. Not half as epic as some of the war-stories here, but I was happy.

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
It was a fierce battle. It was a full health Shiny Regigigas. I has only a single regular pokeball. I caught it!

In Platinum, I sent out my Houndoom against a trainer with a pair of equivalent-level Gyarados. Glorious hax ensued:

Houndoom used Thunder Fang! Gyarados flinched! Houndoom used Thunder Fang! Gyarados fainted!
Houndoom used Thunder Fang! Gyarados is paralyzed! Gyarados is fully paralyzed! Houndoom used Thunder Fang! Gyarados flinched! Houndoom used Thunder Fang! Gyarados fainted!

I now know how it feels to be a frontier brain.

Granted, this was a moronic move on my part, but I managed to beat Cynthia's Garchomp on Platinum with only Metronome while Togekiss was my last pokemon. Anyway, here's how it went:

Garchomp used Dragon Rush => miss

Metronome => Fissure => Miss
Garchomp used EQ (why, I dunno, but Kiss had Roost soooooo, bad predict?)
metronome => Draco Meteor => Full HP down to red
Full Restore
Metronome => Horn Drill => Miss
Garchomp used Giga Impact => Miss
Metronome => Blizzard => Miss
Garchom used Giga mpact => Miss
Metronome => Nasty Plot
Chomp used Flamethrower => Hit + Burn
Metronome => Roar of Time => Crit => KO

I must say, I felt proud of my lovely Togekiss <3

I messed up and chose only three pokemon against a pretty OU worthy team and won. Scizor, Blaziken, and Gengar. For anyone who calls b.s., it's saved as my battle video. VZ3G-WWWW-WWWX-LSJA Was three on six.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)