Side The Monotype Cup Playoffs - Won by Kev

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

[art by dahli]

Thanks for everyone who participated in the qualification stages of Monotype Cup. After 6 weeks of qualifiers, we finally have our top 16 (almost).

Congratulations to those who made it. Big thanks as well to all of our hosts through the 6 weeks of tournaments.

In the playoff stage each pairing will face off in a best of three series in the SM, ORAS and BW2 Monotype tiers. The higher seed picks the first tier that will be played, with the loser of the first game picking the following tier. Win 2 out of 3 and you are one step closer to the prestigious cash prize.

Typical tournament rules apply. As a reminder, playoffs are single elimination. Before Round 1 begins, we are having a tiebreaker to qualify for the 16th seed. Those who have qualified may not play their games until after the tiebreaker ends, even though the matchups are posted.
Any games that are played early will not count.

POST YOUR REPLAYS

Kev vs Ssalbap
Kev vs Nexecutioner
Nexecutioner vs Ssalbap
Each player must challenge both other opponents to a best of three as detailed above. In order to advance, you must win against both opponents. If each player beats 1 opponent, the tiebreaker round resets and will start over.
The deadline for the tiebreaker is Thursday, June 27th. If the tiebreaker has to restart, the deadline will be extended to Sunday, June 30th at 3PM EDT. If the tiebreaker needs to be restarted again, there will be a live tour at night on Sunday, June 30th to be scheduled by me if necessary. Please play your games ASAP so that it does not come to this.

Round 1
1. Vodoom vs 16. Kev
2. Splashbrutha vs 15. Sae
3. dahli vs 14. Namranan
4. skysolo14 vs 13. SaDiSTiCNarwhal
5. terrors vs 12. roman
6. Chaitanya vs 11. Decem
7. Eien vs 10. Attribute
8. Flares. vs 9. Oberyn

Deadline is Sunday, June 30th at 11:59PM EDT.
As a reminder, sets are a BO3 of SM, ORAS, and BW2 Monotype. The higher seed (i.e., everyone on the left in the matchups above) picks the first meta, whomever loses the first match picks the second meta, and the last match will always be the third remaining meta.

I'll make this look nicer later.

Round 2
9. Oberyn vs. 16. Kev
4. skysolo14 vs. 12. roman
7. Eien vs. 15. Sae
3. dahli vs. 6. Chaitanya

Deadline is Sunday, July 7th at 11:59PM EDT.
As a reminder, sets are a BO3 of SM, ORAS, and BW2 Monotype. The higher seed (i.e., everyone on the left in the matchups above) picks the first meta, whomever loses the first match picks the second meta, and the last match will always be the third remaining meta.

Round 3
12. roman vs. 16. Kev
3. dahli vs. 7. Eien

Deadline is Sunday, July 14th at 11:59PM EDT.

Round 4
7. Eien vs. 16. Kev

Deadline is Sunday, July 21th at 11:59PM EDT.

Last edited:

Moosical

big yikes
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Round 1
1. Vodoom vs 16. Kev
3. dahli vs 14. Namranan
5. terrors vs 12. roman
7. Eien vs 10. Attribute
8. Flares. vs 9. Oberyn

Deadline is Sunday, June 30th at 11:59PM EDT.

I'll make this look nicer later.

Last edited:

zugubu royale

Banned deucer.
1. Vodoom vs 16. Kev: Kev showed that he had meat on his bones when he did that crazy tiebreak but there is a reason why the sahara warrior sindy is nr 1 seed in this tour

SM: Vodoom unless gorebyss super action squad or any electric shitpost with xurx enters the field from this mans side
Oras: Psy vs Psy winner is no one cuz that shit boring af, probably vodoom cuz he has played more than 5 billion psy mirrors in oras
Bw: Kev "sorry that draco miss mattered"
when u playing I wanna stream that series

Sae

3. dahli vs 14. Namranan
that usum game doing to be heartbreaking when you are looking for a quality game and all I know is that dahli fucking haxed me in bw with his stupid gyarados THAT DODGED TOXIC AND BOLT STRIKE OH MY GOD DUDE LOSE PLEASE

?

5. terrors vs 12. roman
when ur this talented at skribble and shooting some eggs you have my vote, maybe if roman activates his hidden trap card "pride month" he can pull an upset tho

The hyderabad hidden special aka bringing grass every gen vs bw beast decem
It's hard to see zugu working with anyone let alone starblim after last years poopitar disaster but for their sake, I hope it works out. -chait

nvm decem make curry out of this kid

7. Eien vs 10. Rattribute
same as terrors but he has no talent for it

Edit:

8. Flares. vs 9. Oberyn

come catch these hands on weekend then

Last edited:
3. dahli vs 14. Namranan
that usum game doing to be heartbreaking when you are looking for a quality game and all I know is that dahli fucking haxed me in bw with his stupid gyarados THAT DODGED TOXIC AND BOLT STRIKE OH MY GOD DUDE LOSE PLEASE
funniest thing is that i haxed namnaran w the same gyara that same day on r1 hahahahaahahahhasdhdsjdsjhsd

1. Vodoom vs 16. Kev
LMAO who let vodoom get #1 seed in this shit? But the more I think about it, the more it makes sense bc this rat never logs off and is always online. Probably played during the dead tours too. Well anyways, this a lowlight match if ive ever seen one. Vodoom is actually not that bad when he wants to be, and as for elf, well.....
kevin is only host bc hes afraid of being in an open auction in a tour without threat in it bc ever since misaka has placed him in that threat role he feels like thats all he can play and hes afraid to branch out bc he doesnt believe in himself so hed rather not play in the comfort of knowing that no one can spam .overpay on him
This series will come down to the BW game and who remembers more mechanics.

LMAO who let splash get #2 seed in this shit? But the more I think about it, the less it makes sense. Jokes :psysly: word has it if you roast someone then follow it up w/ a "jk" it hurts less. Anyways, Sae is pretty good once he shakes off some rust and since hes been playing I see him doing well. That being said, splash is either out for blood or is depressed after mpl draft so gonna have to wait and see.

3. dahli vs 14. Namranan
peachy is my son in monotype, having shared custody w/ chutiya. Having two amazing dads just means hes the goat. :3

Honestly have no idea who the other dude is and from what i rmr solo plays pretty well.

5. terrors vs 12. roman
Both rats were too afraid to signup for mpl, yet here they are in this tour. Don't know why not like either of em winning the money lmao. Winner will be whoever brings the better dark threat.

Chait is pretty trash for ending up 6th seed considering whos above him but alas cant edge him out, however if Decem does the deed with eien he might have a chance of pulling thru.

7. Eien vs 10. Attribute
Asstribute somehow always pull thru in these matches and with both of them having to provide 10 teams per week for mpl they might both be exhausted. Winner will be whoever has the better waterthreat.

8. Flares. vs 9. Oberyn
No idea who other dude is but chait swears by lil finesse so guess ill go w/ him. Dont disappoint.

Moosical

big yikes
Round 2
Quarterfinals

9. Oberyn vs. 16. Kev
4. skysolo14 vs. 12. roman
7. Eien vs. 15. Sae
3. dahli vs. 6. Chaitanya

Deadline is Sunday, July 7th at 11:59PM EDT.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)