XY OU The Lati Twins (Currently 1348 on the ladder)

Will Aegislash EVER reach OU again?

• Total voters
Hello! The Illuminati is here bringing you a team that I really like using. I am trying to ladder to at least the 1500's (eventually), so I would really appreciate some advice. Don't sugarcoat anything, either!

Latias @ Leftovers
Calm Levitate
252HP 252SpD 4Def
-Psyshock
-Draco Meteor
-Defog
-Roost

Latias is the first of the two twins on this team. She is a very important member (arguably the most important), getting rid of things like Stealth Rock, Spikes, and Sticky Web. The latter is very problematic for my team, at least that's what I've seen using it on Showdown, so the Defog support is necessary. Draco Meteor does some damage to opponents, even uninvested. I may swap it for Dragon Pulse, but I am not sure what to do with that slot at the moment. Psyshock lets me hit Chansey and Blissey for damage that is slightly
more than negligible, and I probably spelled negligible wrong. Roost lets Latias stay alive for a little while longer, and annoys anything that isn't boosted or anything that doesn't carry super-effective special attacks.

Latios @ Choice Scarf
Timid Levitate
252SpA 252Speed 4SpD
-Psyshock
-Draco Meteor
-Hidden Power Ground
-Ice Beam

This is a slightly unorthodox set that has proven successful, especially when Heatran tries to switch in. A benefit of running HP Ground over HP fire is that a speed point isn't lost by carrying it. Another is that many Pokemon get surprised by it, especially ones with quad-weaknesses to ground. Ice Beam allows me to counter opposing Landorus-Therian when they try to U-turn or Knock Off, and this is why I lead off with this Pokemon whenever I see Landorus-Therian in Team Preview. Psyshock is, again, for Chansey that think they can wall a special attack. Many people (well, not many people) have told me to replace the Scarf for Life Orb because it would hit like a nuke. I disagree with this idea, simply because Draco Meteor hits like a nuke anyway, and the Scarf has won me a lot of games. This is a Pokemon on my team that serves as a sweeper, revenge-killer, and late-game cleaner, and I love its multi-purpose utility.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Bold Flash Fire
252HP 252Def 4SpA
-Earth Power
-Lava Plume
-Roar
-Stealth Rock

This is the second part of my defensive core with Latias. This Pokemon surprises opponents all the time, surviving Superpowers, Waterfalls, Close Combats, and even Earthquakes in extremely, extremely rare cases. Earth Power destroys opposing Heatran that have already taken damage, and Lava Plume often cripples physical attackers and provides Heatran with some reliable STAB. Stealth Rock + Roar is my counter to Talonflame, Charizard-Y, and set-up sweepers, and I really needed both a fazer (phaser? as in Star Trek?) and a Stealth Rocker.

Conkeldurr @ Assault Vest
Adamant Guts
248HP 252Atk 8SpD
-Drain Punch
-Mach Punch
-Poison Jab
-Knock Off

Conkeldurr is a very powerful Pokemon that can be difficult to deal with in many cases. This Pokemon cleans up late-game, revenge-kills, and can even sweep on rare occasions. Drain Punch can provide reliable recovery when coming off of a 416 Attack stat. Mach Punch provides some useful priority against weakened foes that are faster, and honestly, everything barring Ferrothorn and a few select other Pokemon outspeeds Conkeldurr. Poison Jab kills or highly damages any Fairy-type Pokemon trying to switch in on a Fighting-type move. Knock Off wrecks opposing Latis trying to switch in and gain an advantage, and removes items like Choice Scarves and Assault Vests that might otherwise be very detrimental to my team.

Metagross @ Choice Band
Adamant Clear Body
248HP 252Atk 8SpD
-Bullet Punch
-Thunder Punch
-Zen Headbutt
-Earthquake

Metagross with a Choice Band reaches an Attack stat of 608 if I did my math right, and a Physical move off of that number hits like a truck. I figured that if Mach Punch wasn't enough, I should add Bullet Punch as more priority. Thunder Punch destroys Skarmory that try to wall Metagross, and Zen Headbutt wrecks anything that doesn't resist it, as well as adding some flinch-hax into the mix. Earthquake destroys Heatran and Magnezone, so nobody will be Steel-trapping or setting up rocks on Metagross's watch. It also provides some useful coverage. I may replace Thunder Punch with Ice Punch, but that is also something I've argued with myself over for some time.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Jolly Hyper Cutter
252Atk 252Speed 4SpD
-Swords Dance
-Earthquake
-Return
-Quick Attack

Mega Pinsir is so unbelievably good, and I figured that since I had defog support, I should use it on my team. Once my opponent's priority users are taken care of, and I have a Swords Dance up, I can sweep his/her team. Earthquake wrecks Heatran, Magnezone, MegaGross, and many other Pokemon that wall Mega Pinsir's Flying-type STAB. Quick Attack is there because, as I said, you can NEVER have too much priority. Return is here for when I know I can outspeed my opponent, and Swords Dance is here in case I believe an unboosted Mega-Pinsir cannot sweep the remaining members of my opponent's team.

Well, I hope you like this team! It has performed well for the most part, but I feel that it still needs to be tweaked a little bit to reach its full potential! Let me know what you think!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)