The Guitarist thread

Guitars have been one of the most defining instruments throughout mankind's history. From the lute of ancient and classical times, to the spanish classical guitars, to jazz es-157s and mow-town telecasters, even to pop and good ole Rock'n'Roll, guitars are a very versatile instrument. I've played Guitar for 6 years (although I'm not as good as I should be due to work, school, and other time-devouring factors), and I've accustomed a taste for certain styles and tones, and have huge influences behind said tastes. The goal of this thread is to kinda get a grasp of everyone's styles and influences. I'd also love to hear what guitars you guys are playing! I've always been interesting in expanding my musical prowess, so I'm excited to hear what you guys got to say! I'll start off:

I'd probably say my 3 primary styles that are combined to be "my style" are Blues, Jazz, and 60's/70's rock. I also really enjoy reggae and funk, but both genres are more or less not as dominant in my influences than the other three. My most influential artists are probably Eric Clapton, George Harrison, Paul Simon (love his chord and song building), BB King, Glenn Miller, and so on.

My current setup:

2005 Fender Stratocaster (Made in Mexico) - love this thing; if you're going to buy a guitar, buy used from about 15 years ago, thats when price is generally the lowest. You get a really well played in guitar that just sings and cries like no other. I don't own a Telecaster, and this amazing thing is the reason why.

2019 Epiphone Dot Deluxe - ES-335 models are probably my favorite guitar style ever. They're just so versatile. It's really good at Jazz, Blues, and an absolute rock machine; Honestly, I highly recommend getting an ES-335 style guitar if you like Blues, Rock, Jazz, or really anything. It's just so versatile.

2019? Gretsch "Cateye" - My most recent addition to my collection. I've never played or owned a Gretsch up until finding this in a music shop, and boy does it play clean better then anti-bacterial soap. This is definitely my go-to "Christian music/Classical Jazz" guitar, as the hollow body just gives it such good sustain and tone. I have tried it with overdrive and gain, and it does that good too, but I still like the clean better. Pair that with reverb, and oooohhh it's just so good.

2020 Harley Benton SC450-Plus CB Vintage - Really long name, it's just a Les Paul, essentially. Harley Benton is a really quality brand for the price, and this guitar was no exception. It fulfils all my rock'n'roll needs, and even has Coil Split! How cool is that? Other then that, Les Paul does Les Paul things, just a very solid guitar overall, I definitely recommend ya'll check out Harley Benton guitars as well. Hell, it even has relatively good intonation and decent fretwork. (Not sponsered)

Amp - Fender Mustang LT25 - This is just my practice amp; being a student who works 4 days a week, I could barely afford these guitars (especially after being nailed by a car), so I had to go a little cheaper on the amp. However, it's been a really good amp for the price. Has a ton of decent presets that allow you to change the "amp" you're using, which is pretty cool. Overall, it's just a nice practice amp that I really have no quarrel with. However, I am getting a Line 6 this week, so I'm excited for that!

What's your setup and influences? I'd love to know and talk about it!

(i am bored so i will reply to a months old thread)

EVELYN'S SHITTY GUITAR SETUP

GUITARS:
Ibanez PS60
- Only guitar I have, I love its tone, works really well for funk to metal. Although its signatured by Paul Stanley, my real motive was because this is the closest model I could find to the Ibanez Iceman, Daron Malakian's model AKA inspiration

Gianinni Performance 3000
- I guess that's what is called, my acoustic guitar, sounds really nice especially for more melancholic musics

AMP:
Tajima Black Fox
- To be honest this isn't the best of all Amps, I wanted to get a Marshall one. (basically this amp is the amp that guitar store guy told me)

PEDALS:

Dime Distortion
- HOLY SHIT WHAT AN UGLY PEDAL. But what its has of ugly it has on tone, this shit can go to really basic distortion to the most bee-like sound. Really enjoy it.

Crybaby Wah
- Classic lol

How do you feel about your Wah pedal? I've been looking into getting a Wah pedal as well as an Overdrive pedal, so I'm curious on how people who have one feel about them. Also I've updated my Fender Mustang Amp to a Line 6, which is surprisingly good for being last produced in 2006.

How do you feel about your Wah pedal? I've been looking into getting a Wah pedal as well as an Overdrive pedal, so I'm curious on how people who have one feel about them. Also I've updated my Fender Mustang Amp to a Line 6, which is surprisingly good for being last produced in 2006.
I love it so much! It is a super fun pedal, and I'm learning to use it properly. I think this is because I am a great Metallica and RHCP fan, both with high Wah Pedal action, and I'm learning Jimi Hendrix's songs and it just sounds GLORIOUS. Highly recommend

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)