The Everything NFL Thread - 2010 Season

yeah this year seemed like an even bigger joke than usual because like 70% of the original roster chose not to attend, either because they were in the SB or because of injury/other reasons. I think the Pro Bowl needs to go back to being after the SB and not before it.
That, and they need a mix up... If this game was gonna be as lethargic as it was why not make it interesting like the NHL is doing... Make captains draft like this is a school yard or you can only kick field goals of 50+ or more otherwise you either have to punt it or go for it on 4th... Game counts for nothing might as well try to improve it

Not playing it would be nice for now, no one cares. If I ever become NFL commissioner, I will make the all star game a $500,000 bonus and make the all star game no punts, how does that sound?

Mr.E

unban me from Discord
is a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
Apparently Troy Polamalu won DPotY and I didn't even know he was in serious consideration for it ????

I guess the Steelers are bribing the refs early this year. :happybrain:

TheValkyries

proudly reppin' 2 superbowl wins since DEFLATEGATE
Apparently Troy Polamalu won DPotY and I didn't even know he was in serious consideration for it ????

Who would you have picked?

Well, Clay Matthews almost did win it, only 2 votes behind Polomalu iirc. No doubt both are great difference makers for their teams.

The Packers are my favorite team and I don't even mind that Clay didn't win.
Troy did a lot of outstanding things this season and he's going to go down as one of the best Safeties ever. Clay had a great season...but there's only so much the man can do being double teamed for probably 10 games of the season haha
Troy is running around loose....He doesn't get blocked.
Maybe this will piss Clay off and he'll have more to prove for the game? lol

Also, look the fuck out for Charles Woodson....He wants it more than anyone. and it'll be shown.

edit: Also, grats to Tom Brady and his first of the two awards he's going to get. He's a beast.

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion

Wait what? Polomalu is a great player but didn't deserve that award by any stretch of the imagination this year :/. Here's hoping that Clay (the rightful winner) ends up destroying Big Ben and proving a point..

How did Polomalu not deserve it. He is like the only good defensive back the Steelers have. The Packers have Woodson, Williams, and Collins, 3 Pro browlers. Thats probably what worked against Matthews.

Wait what? Polomalu is a great player but didn't deserve that award by any stretch of the imagination this year :/. Here's hoping that Clay (the rightful winner) ends up destroying Big Ben and proving a point..
Did anyone see how much different this Steeler team was last year without Polomalu? Thats why he won it, this team went from alright last year to a top defense again all because he returned to an everyday player

Polomalu means much more to his team than most defensive players. Ergo, he should win the Most Valuable Player award. This is contrasted to the Offensive MVP, which explicitly states that you must be a quarterback on a good team.

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Clay Matthews had a hell of a year, and the fact that he got almost the same number of votes as Troy is testament to that. However, you can't sit there and say Polamalu doesn't make or break that defense, and that his strip of Flacco in the last game probably won the division for his whole team. He also had an amazing statistical year with 7 INTs, a career best. It's too bad you can't give the award to two people, because both of those guys deserved it. Matthews will have plenty of other chances, he's young.

Clay Matthews had a hell of a year, and the fact that he got almost the same number of votes as Troy is testament to that. However, you can't sit there and say Polamalu doesn't make or break that defense, and that his strip of Flacco in the last game probably won the division for his whole team. He also had an amazing statistical year with 7 INTs, a career best. It's too bad you can't give the award to two people, because both of those guys deserved it. Matthews will have plenty of other chances, he's young.
Well if they tied in voting, wouldn't they share it? Or is that not how it works...?

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I think they would have a vote off just between those two if they tied, but I'm not sure. Can someone confirm this?

I don't understand why Polamalu wouldn't deserve the award. He's a great player, and he had a hell of a year. Matthews probably deserved DPotY just as much, but it's not an injustice that he didn't get it, just that both of them can't share the award.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
He is like the only good defensive back the Steelers have.
That's just ridiculous. Sure, he makes the other guys back there better simply with his presence, but to say Ike Taylor and Ryan Clark aren't good is like saying... I don't know, something equally hyperbolic and stupid.

I love these Steelers fans: "Our team sucks except for Big Ben and Polomalu. But we're still the best team and have the best defense and we're going to win the Super Bowl!!!!!!!"

No, the Steelers have a good team overall. If the rest of the defense sucked and Big Ben had no weapons, the team wouldn't make the playoffs.

Agreeing with Polis4rule. Guys, our team doesn't suck. It has THE best defense and a pretty competent offense. We have other good players besides Polomalu and Big Ben. James Harrison? LaMarr Woodley? Markis Pouncey? Aaron Smith? Brett Keisel? Mike Wallace? Hines Ward? Antwaan Randle El? Heath Miller? Rashaard Mendenhall? All fantastic players. Sure, players like Polomalu stick out as really good, but there are many other fantastic players on the team. In fact, although I think Polomalu has been great this season and definitely deserves the award, I think James Harrison definitely deserves it more. He is a tank and is every QB's worst nightmare. Although Polomalu has been great, he's been somewhat quiet lately, and hasn't really been the star defender he's known as. Harrison, on the other hand, has continually kept the pressure on opposing teams and definitely holds much of the Steelers's defense together.

Quick, someone "sig" Lakers misspelling a sports players name after how he made a show of mocking pookar for misspelling a sports players name (although there was an added level of foot-in-face since pookar was being an ass about misspelling a players name in the process of said misspelling...but hey)

To Polamalu actually winning the award, Steelers are 16-4 with him, 6-8 without him the last two years. Does that mean he actually literally contributes that many extra wins? Hard to say, sports are complex for reasons like that...but it sure as fuck explains why the media eats it up, so I do not see any reason to be upset about him winning.

Did Cameron Wake even get a vote? I know he played for Miami of all teams, but he had a very (statistical) impressive season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)