The Dream Team!

So I was wondering if I could get some advice or help with my team. I'm having some difficult decisions lead wise as well as what to do for Gyarados and Gliscor. HELP MUCH APPRECIATED

HERE WE GO

Metagross Mental Herb Clear Body
Adament 252 Attack 252 HP 4 Speed
Stealth Rock
Bullet Punch
Meteor Mash
Explosion/Earthquake

I've been breeding this guy on my Soul Silver just so I could get Stealth Rocks on him. I thought the mental herb would be a good idea because there are many faster leads that might try to taunt him. Bullet punch is for sash users. The last two moves are a toss up for me. I know Explosion has been nerfed but it might still prove useful? I thought he would work well with Gliscor, Gyarados, and Chandelure for switch ins.

Gyarados Life Orb/Leftovers/Expert Belt
Moxie
Adament 252 Attack 252 Speed 4 HP
Dragon Dance
Aqua Tail
Earthquake
Bounce/Thunder Fang/Ice Fang

I decided to go with Aqua Tail rather than Waterfall because I thought the minus 10 acc. was worth the extra 10 power. EQ is for electric switch ins and once again the last one is up in the air. I thought that bounce would be a useful stab move but I might need Ice or Thunder fang to cover some weaknesses in my team.

Gliscor Toxic Orb
Poison Heal
Impish 244 HP/96 At/48 Df/120 SpD
Acrobat
Fling
Protect
Ice Fang/Earthquake

I like Gliscor, but I LOVE Poison Heal Gliscor. Acbrobat and Fling for STAB and power. Protect is to stall for heals. I originally had Ice Fang to counter other Gliscors but then I figured out how royally screwed I could be against Steel Pokemon. I thought EQ might be a smarter decision.

Chandelure Choice Scarf
Flash Fire
Timid 252 SA 252 Speed 4 SD
Flamethrower
Shadowball
Pyschic
Energy Ball

Might be my favorite Special Sweeper. Most of his moves are pretty self explainatory. I built him for speed, I figured he had enough SA. Psychic and Energy Ball are for more coverage.

Scrafty Leftovers
Shed Skin
Careful 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SpD
Bulk Up
Crunch
Drain Punch
Dragon Tail

I love this build on Scrafty. After a Bulk Up or two, Scrafty becomes extremely tough to take down. I love Dragon Tail because it helps get rid of Pokemon trying to set up. Shed Skin has it's moments...but can be very useful.

Dusclops Eviolite
Pressure
Careful 252 Defense 252 Special Defense 4 Att
Toxic
Will O Wisp
Pain Split
Shadow Sneak

Love this guy. Tanks like a champ. Pain Split comes in handy and Shadow Sneak has its uses. Toxic and Will O Wisp just to add to the annoyance that is Dusclops.

Thanks for reading! Hope to hear from some people soon! Let me know how I can improve :D

Ok well i don't knoe if my suggestions will be any good but here goes,

First i think that earthquake on metagross is the better choice as explosion no longer half the defence. The earthquake give you so coverage otherwise your just stuck with steel move untill you blow up.

Next, is there a reason why you have Moxie on Gyarados and not intimidate, because to me intimidate is far more use full as you can take advantage even if all you do is switch in and then out. Also aqua tail isn't as good as waterfall in my opinion, that 10 accuracy could cost you compared to the 10 power which doesn't make so much of a difference with dragon dance. Ice fang is the best choice i think as it takee down Dragons, Gliscor, grass and flyings etc. Also i think leftovers is good just to give it a little more bulk.

Gliscor should definetly have earthquake in my opinion as you get great STAB and it wrecks steels.

As for Chandelure i would suggest the set i use it serves well as a revenge killer without giving up any power,

Chandelure @ Choice scarf
Abiltity: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 Hp / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid nature
- shadow ball
- overheat
- hidden power (fighting)
- energy ball

Chandelure's speed is great thanks to the scarf so revenge killing is easy. The shadow ball is for great STAB. The energy ball hits great on bulky waters and rhyperior etc. Overheat give you massive power that can somtimes OHKO pokemon under certain circumstances, however the lowering of SAtk is a problem so i can see why you wouldn't want it, but i would still suggest fire blast. Finaly Hidden Power (fighting) is really important as it hits Tyranitar and other darks and give perfect coverage with shadow ball.

Ok so that's it i hope that that stuff is right and i haven't wasted your time.
Any way i love the team and good luck.

Take care,

lostsanity.

:|

Nice team but scrafty is only mistake, its potential is big. Try using this one:

Scrafty Lum berry
Moxie
Jolly 252 HP/40 Atk/216 SpD
Dragon Dance
Crunch
High jump kick
Stone edge/fire punch

Eplanation:
Lum berry: opponents will often try to make it useless with PARA/BURN/POISON so adding lum berry will give you free Dragon dance.

Jolly and EVs: IT NEEDS SPEED!
Dragon dance: Self explenatory
Crunch: Kills gengar with 1-2 D dances also outspeeds
High jump kick: Better than drain punch, kills: Ferrothorn, Ttar, Hydreigon...
Stone edge/fire punch: Stone edge- volcarona, fire punch: Skarmory, Scizor...

Advice from Gin and Ulquiorra!!! :D (geek moment sorry)

I really like the suggestions. Imma try them online and see how they work. Thanks a lot guys.

RMT Rules said:
3. Have some actual words in your post beyond your six Pokemon and their moves. Not following this makes your post quite boring to read and rate. All Pokemon should have a good reason for being in your team anyway, so why not post that reason? If you are having trouble with this one, start by giving an explanation for each team member. Why are they there? What role do they serve? How do you get them in? Then, give an explanation of how you would open with the team and how you would go about using it. All of these things help people rate your team and allow us to offer more helpful advice.
This is going to get locked unless you put more detailed descriptions.

Oh and I wasn't sure about the intimidate on Gyarados. I thought that he would be too frail already for the lower of attack to matter. The moxie and DD combo was basically so Gyarados can get strong FAST. Thinking about it know though, intimidate might partner up well with leftover. :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)