The Dragon and Friends

Hey guys my name is Xenoblade911 and I brinh you a team Ive tested for quite some time,and it turned to do incredibly well,so hope you guys like the team,and if you suggestions on how to improve my team just let me know below.As always the team is spilt into 3 sections:
1)The walls/hazard setters/clerics,etc
2)Physical Sweepers
3)Special Sweepers

Section 1: Walls.

Eragon (Dragonite) @ Leftovers
Trait: Multiscale
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Def
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Dragon Tail
Defensive Poke#1:I really wanted to test ParaShuffle Dragonite and its soooo awesome,it helps a lot to damage pokes and force em out in hazards or just to buy time.SubRoost is a great combo,and of course our phazing move,Dragon Tail.
It goes well with the next defensive pokemon because the next pokemon provides support in the form of Hazards,and basically this team is based on ParaShuffler Multiscale Dragonite.I hate facing the set but I love using it.

StripTease (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip
Ferrothorn is the perfect partner to ParaShuffler Dragonite because Ferro provides Stealth Rocks and Spikes while Dragonite can Dragon Tail pokes in hazards to weaken them down,I also run Leech Seed to provide reliable recovery,and Power Whip to prevent being at the mercy of Taunt users such as Gliscor.
I was doubting between Ferrothorn,Skarmory or Forretress but I chose Ferro because hes a mixed wall unlike Forretress and Skarmory,cause the two previous are Physical Walls,although Forretress can Rapid Spin,it doesnt take Special Hits at all.
Section 2: Physical Sweepers.

Bullseye (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
Terrakion is in my opinion,one of the best Physical Sweeepers in the OU Metagame,with two pretty commmon types as STAB Fighting and Rock STAB.I decided to scarf this guy cause' most Terrakion Ive seen are either Scarf or Stealth Rock Lead.Stone miss Edge and Close Combat for STAB and 2 filler moves(kinda)X-Scissor does gime good coverage for Lati@s,Starmie,and Psychic types,Earthquake allows me to hit Jirachi,Metagross.

XBlade911 (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite
Scizor is not only my favorite Pokemon but he's also my signature pokemon,its also one of my favorite revenge killers in OU,I prefer SD over CB cuz i dislike locking myself into a move.Swords Dance for +2,bullet punch for techni boost and STAB,Superpower for the likes ok Ferrrothorn which gives it an issue,and Bug Bite for STAB and Technician boost as well.If you run SD Scizor I suggest you run Life Orb or Leftovers.
Section 3:Special Sweepers.

Thor (Thundurus-Therian) @ Life Orb(Edited)
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Agility(Edited)
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Thundurus-T is a very powerful Special Sweeper,with a whopping base 145 base Special Attack,any special move from this thing hurts.Thunderbolt of course,for STAB,Grass Knot checks the annoying Gastrodon and Quagsire,which is rare but its nice,Focus miss blast to hit Magnezone,Terrakion,Tyranitar,Ferrothorn,etc for SE damage,Hidden Power Ice for Landorus,Gliscor,Garchomp,Salamence and because Thundurus T has 101 speed it will outspeed Scarf Salamence if Thundurus T is timid not modest.

Warstar (Starmie) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
Starmie provides Rapid Spin support and a great Special Sweeper,if you guys are running Rapid Spin Starmie DO NOT give it Life Orb,Rapid Spin will take 10% of your health if you get hazard out of the field,run E-Belt or Lefties,Surf for STAB,Thunderbolt for coverage against Keldeo,other Starmie,Politoed,Ice Beam for Garchomp,Dragonite,Gliscor,Salamence.
So hope you guys liked the RMT for this 15 day cycle and if you have suggestions you let me know on the Reply Section!
:D

Orange Split (Latias) (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SDef / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Careful Nature
- Roar
- Roost
- Substitute
- Dragon Pulse

StripTease (Ferrothorn) (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

Hitler (Terrakion) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Close Combat
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake

XBlade911 (Scizor) (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Bug Bite

Thor (Thundurus-Therian) @ Life Orb
Trait: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Grass Knot
- Agility
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Warstar (Starmie) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam[/CODE]

I like the team i see the D-nite and i see that thats becoming a new thing. but for Thundurus-Therian choice scarf is nice but maybe Life orb or E-belt would be nice instead of focus blast you could use agility so you don't get locked into a certain move.You already have a Scarfer you need something that is a little stronger in spa since you dont have a typical Band Specs Scarf Layout

I like the team i see the D-nite and i see that thats becoming a new thing. but for Thundurus-Therian choice scarf is nice but maybe Life orb or E-belt would be nice instead of focus blast you could use agility so you don't get locked into a certain move.You already have a Scarfer you need something that is a little stronger in spa since you dont have a typical Band Specs Scarf Layout

Two scarfers isnt really the best idea,thanks for the tip Skalayle,appreciate it!

Honus

magna carta
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Hey man nice team,

I could see this team being pretty easily overwhelmed by rain offense with an Expert Belt Keldeo, since Starmie has no recovery, and trouble taking Hydro Pumps in the rain anyways, it's also in dire straights if it ever comes in on a Specs Politoed, which is a common lure for starmie in this metagame. Once Starmie is gone, Keldeo really only fears a Ferrothorn at high health [80+%] and Scarf Terrakion, once it gets in, it's a really big threat to this team, and its main 'check' is removed pretty easily. Scarf Keldeo is pretty threatening as well but not as much since it is restricted to one attack. Additionally, sun teams could get pretty annoying for you with Dragonite's SR weakness, stuff like hp ice venusaur can get rid of him pretty quickly, as can continued pressure while multiscale is broken. I think that the most synergetic choice for you to check the strongest threats from both weathers is Life Orb Roost Latias. I think this guy, while not a shuffler like Dragonite, can provide some much needed offense and defense for this team. Life Orb Latias is a great abuser of spikes, and also lures in common checks to your Thundurus T on defense or balanced teams, like Celebi and Hippowdon, which it's able to overcome with the spikes, therefore opening a hole for big thundurus to tear up. I think that it's a really ideal choice for your team since it brings a great special attacking core which abuses spikes very well and also checks the problems you have with rain and sun. Another small change I'd make is to put Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn over Leech Seed, because Gengar is a huge dick to this team if it can get up a sub, and this is just another opportunity for it to do so, it also hits the occasional Sawsbuck/Dragon a lot harder.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Roost

Hey man nice team,

I could see this team being pretty easily overwhelmed by rain offense with an Expert Belt Keldeo, since Starmie has no recovery, and trouble taking Hydro Pumps in the rain anyways, it's also in dire straights if it ever comes in on a Specs Politoed, which is a common lure for starmie in this metagame. Once Starmie is gone, Keldeo really only fears a Ferrothorn at high health [80+%] and Scarf Terrakion, once it gets in, it's a really big threat to this team, and its main 'check' is removed pretty easily. Scarf Keldeo is pretty threatening as well but not as much since it is restricted to one attack. Additionally, sun teams could get pretty annoying for you with Dragonite's SR weakness, stuff like hp ice venusaur can get rid of him pretty quickly, as can continued pressure while multiscale is broken. I think that the most synergetic choice for you to check the strongest threats from both weathers is Life Orb Roost Latias. I think this guy, while not a shuffler like Dragonite, can provide some much needed offense and defense for this team. Life Orb Latias is a great abuser of spikes, and also lures in common checks to your Thundurus T on defense or balanced teams, like Celebi and Hippowdon, which it's able to overcome with the spikes, therefore opening a hole for big thundurus to tear up. I think that it's a really ideal choice for your team since it brings a great special attacking core which abuses spikes very well and also checks the problems you have with rain and sun. Another small change I'd make is to put Gyro Ball on Ferrothorn over Leech Seed, because Gengar is a huge dick to this team if it can get up a sub, and this is just another opportunity for it to do so, it also hits the occasional Sawsbuck/Dragon a lot harder.

Latias (F) @ Life Orb
EVs: 72 HP / 184 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock / Hidden Power [Fire]
- Surf
- Roost

I tested the latias and it actually does the job better than Dnite.Thx for the suggstions VN but I did need a special wall so I made my Latias a Sp Defensive set with Roar

MCBarrett

i love it when you call me big hoppa
Hey XenoBlade911, just a quick suggestion for your team. You don't need to have a Pokemon maxed out in special and physical bulk like you may think. For Ferrothorn, the standard set with 252 HP/ 88 + def/ 168 sp def is much more effective since it compliments Ferrothorns awesome Specially Defensive typing while still keeping it very physically bulky. Max physical defense is pretty much just overkill in most situations. Next, for you new Latias set, you don't have to waste all of that investment in special bulk when Latias has access to Calm Mind. You will find a bulky Calm Mind Set to be much more effective because it can actually become much more bulky, specially and physically, than your current set very quickly, plus it has some Offensive fire power to boot. Here is the set you could use:

Latias @ Leftovers
Bold Nature 252 HP/ 228 Def/ 28 Speed
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Substitute/Reflect

Hopefully I helped, good luck!

Hey XenoBlade911, just a quick suggestion for your team. You don't need to have a Pokemon maxed out in special and physical bulk like you may think. For Ferrothorn, the standard set with 252 HP/ 88 + def/ 168 sp def is much more effective since it compliments Ferrothorns awesome Specially Defensive typing while still keeping it very physically bulky. Max physical defense is pretty much just overkill in most situations. Next, for you new Latias set, you don't have to waste all of that investment in special bulk when Latias has access to Calm Mind. You will find a bulky Calm Mind Set to be much more effective because it can actually become much more bulky, specially and physically, than your current set very quickly, plus it has some Offensive fire power to boot. Here is the set you could use:

Latias @ Leftovers
Bold Nature 252 HP/ 228 Def/ 28 Speed
Calm Mind
Dragon Pulse
Recover
Substitute/Reflect

Hopefully I helped, good luck!

Thx but Roar has nice synergy with Ferro since i switched my ParaShuffle Dnite but ill test it thx!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)