The Coolest Pokémon in UU.

The Team at a Glance

This is a team of the Pokémon I think are the coolest, in the Under Used Tier.

Zapdos @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Special Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP

-Thunderbolt
-Hidden Power Grass 70
-Heat Wave
-Roost or Volt Switch

Zapdos has always been one of my favorite Pokémon. I use Hidden Power Grass 70 > Hidden Power Ice 70 because in UU the only Pokémon to use Hidden Power Ice 70 on are Nidoking/Nidoqueen, Flygon and Gligar, all of which are countered by Suicune / Weavile. Hidden Power Grass 70 takes care of Rhyperior and Swampert. I run Roost for the last slot, but I have yet to use it even once, so I was thinking maybe switching it for Volt Switch. It sometimes leads the team.

Weavile @ Choice Band
Jolly Nature
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP

-Ice Punch
-Pursuit
-Ice Shard
-Low Kick

I found myself fighting a lot of Ghost and Psychic Pokémon in UU and Mew isn't fast enough to keep up with Azelf, so I added Weavile to the team. Counters Flygon and Snorlax rather well too. It's taken out Shaymin and enemy Zapdos as well. I've always loved Weavile and this team is basically a team of my favorite Pokémon, so Weavile stays.

Mew @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe

- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Mew is just the cutest Pokémon in the game. I play UU only to use Mew. 64 Speed Evs to out speed and burn Adamant Honchkrow. Psychic > Psyshock because with Chansey removed from UU, there is no need for Psyshock. Stealth Rock for support, Will-O-Wisp for burning physical threats and roost to heal up. Just look at how cute Mew's sprite is!

Suicune @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Special Defense

-Surf
-Ice Beam
-Rest
-Calm Mind

The most powerful Pokémon in UU and OU, in my opinion. The Pokémon that consumed years of my life. It has won me more battles than any other Pokémon in the game. Every team I see, seems to have a Suicune weakness after I take out a Pokémon or two; sometimes the whole team is Suicune weak. This just wouldn't be Pokéguy's team with out Suicune on it.

Flygon @ Choice Skarf
Jolly Nature
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 Special Defense

-Outrage
-Fire Punch
-U-turn
-Earthqauke

Fire Punch for Heracross, since we removed Dusclops. Pretty standard Choice Skarf set. The coolest Shiny Dragon by far. Jolly nature > Adamant because you don't miss any 2HKOs or OHKOs and the extra speed helps you out speed Choice Scarf Darmanitan, Choice Scarf Krookodile, +1 Quiver Dance Venomoth, and Choice Scarf Porygon-Z.

Kingdra @ Lum Berry
Adamant Nature
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 6 HP

-Dragon Dance
-Waterfall
-Outrage
-Rest

Swift Swim ability for enemy Rain Dance teams, since I'm never lucky enough to get a critical hit to use Sniper anyways. If I get a Dragon Dance in, this will sweep other Kingdra in the rain every time. Hell, if I get a Dragon Dance in, this will sweep whole teams. Lum Berry cures confusion from Outrage so I can continue sweeping. Over all, an epic sweeper.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Modest Nature
Ability: Download
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Special Attack / 6 Defense

-Discharge
-Ice Beam
-Tri Attack
-Recover

It's the Digital Duck! Sporting the amazing bolt beam combo, a powerful stab Tri Attack and Recover for stability.

Dusclops @ Eviolite
Impish Nature
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Defense / 6 Special Defense

-Seismic Toss
-Will-O-Wisp
-Rest
-Sleep Talk

This thing is a monster. It walls everything. 394 Defense, 297 Special Defense and 284 HP + Eviolite makes this nearly impossible to kill. I just switch one of my Pokémon out of a super effective incoming hit, take it, Will-O-Wisp the aggressor, then Rest off the damage and sleep talk while they struggle to find something that can take this guy down. He's the only ugly Pokémon on the team, but he's still cool.

You can post now if you like. I have college in the morning so I'll edit up a threat list later, if I feel like it. So far this team is undefeated and hasn't really been lowered to less than four yet, so it will be hard to think of anything that threatens this team, but feel free to leave your opinions. :naughty:

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
Your team seems to be ridiculously weak to SpD Sableye. Other than Zapdos, you have nothing on your team that can deal over 50% to him (for the physical attackers, this assumed once being burned by priority WoW).

Moreover, don't use freaking dusclops -.-. Especially on a team as hyper-offensive as yours, he just kills any semblance of momentum you might have had. Sure he can take hits, but he can't really do much once he's there, and he's complete setup fodder for anything with substitute (SubCM Raikou, SubCM Cune, Sub Mienshao, SubSD Hera, SubPassing Venemoth, Sub Sharpedo, etc etc.). I'd suggest replacing it with lead offensive Froslass. It gives your team some much needed hazard support as well as having an actual offensive presence. The set I'd run would be
Froslass @ Focus Sash - 252+ Spe/ 252 SpA/4 SpD
-Ice Beam
-D Bond
-Taunt
-Spikes

Good team overall, best of luck!

~Kitten Milk/Pleasure Kitten

Okay, first of all:
Karen said:
Strong Pokémon. Weak Pokémon. That is only the selfish perception of people. Truly skilled trainers should try to win with their favorites. I like your style. You understand what's important. Go on—the Champion is waiting.
The only thing I see in your team that could be changed atm, is that you have 2 physical walls and no special ones. You could change Dusclops to a Sdef EV spread, since Will-O will already do a lot of work helping in the physical side.

Speaking of which, why not Scald over Surf on Suicune?

Also, you may want to swap Sub for Draco on Kingdra because not being walled by Physical walls is always good. Plus Lum&Sub looks redundant.

Awesome team overall!

Good team, just a few points. Kitten is right with froslass>duclops. Heck froslass can beat dusclops 1v1 with taunt alone.

Hp grass>hp ice on zapdos. Your biggest threat isn't swampert, but rhyperior who will smack zapdos and weavile in the face with rock blast. Weavile handles flygon and gligar easily and mew can take on the nidos with psyshock.

sub and lum is a bit redundant, also as said before. Perhaps you can try a chestorest set?

For suicune, have scald over surf and rest talk over ice beam. Crocune has more staying power and forces the opponent to react then or risk being stalled. It'll allow your other sweepers to come in and do their job.

Mew is kinda blech on this team, would you consider offensive azelf who has higher sp attack and speed and is immune to spikes/tspikes?

CoolStoryBrobat

The hero Smogon needs, but not the one it deserves
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Yeah this team is pretty tough-looking but I got some suggested changes myself.

1. First off, agreeing with Patrick, I say HP Grass > HP Ice on Zapdos for just about the same exact reasons he said. Rhyperior threatens this team, and heck, Swampert itself can take a couple unboosted hits from anything you have to offer and get up Rocks, Toxic, or Roar you out while you're attempting to boost stats (most of the Pokemon on your team who can hit Swampert hard seem to all be setup sweepers, who can be phazed if they predict right.) HP Grass is a quick answer and shuts it down easily.

Psyshock > Psychic because Gligar doesn't scare me at all and I don't want to let a chansey stop my sweep. To be honest, Mew has been kind of dead weight as of late, but just look at how cute Mew's sprite is.
Lol...Chansey's no longer in UU, that thing got quickbanned within a week of it being tested in UU several months ago so fortunately Chansey doesn't exist as a major issue. Personally I would run Psychic > Psyshock on Mew, as everything you'll be hitting with Psychic isn't really going to be hit much harder by Psyshock other than Roserade, who gets put down by Weavile any given day. (Okay, there's also Snorlax...Who also is a huge threat to your team as the same time, but you're currently running Aura Sphere on this set.) Also I strongly recommend you change this to a Support Mew set at least, as it's gonna do work for your team as a bulky pivot AND it's gonna open up some space for you to safely replace Dusclops for something else. (Cause in my opinion, this set does Dusclops' job heck of a lot more effectively, and Dusclops is severely underpowering in UU, in my opinion anyway. The only thing you lose out on running this > Dusclops is more vulnerability to Heracross.)

Mew @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Trait: Synchronize
252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
IVs: 0 ATK (So Foul Play/self-inflicted dmg from Confusion don't hit as hard. It's something I recommend on ALL non-physical Pokemon)
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

This Mew's much more effective in the physical wall department, and can outspeed and burn Adamant Honchkrow as well as hit Modest Nidoqueen very hard with Psychic.

3. Something else I noticed, your team lacks a good special wall and a decent Revenge Killer with Scarf. I recommend something like Umbreon, Snorlax or Porygon2 to fill the slot Dusclops has left open, and lastly Choice Scarf Flygon > Kingdra. Flygon's got a lot of power without any setup, and can revenge kill a number of threats that can well...threaten. Such as opposing Scarf Heracross, who can turn into a freight train of death if it nabs a kill on your team.

tl;dr:
HP Grass > HP Ice on Zapdos, Support Mew over Nasty Plot, Scarf Flygon over Kingdra, and Umbreon/Porygon2/Snorlax in the last slot over Dusclops.

I'd like to start by thanking everyone for posting. Your input means the world to me!

Your team seems to be ridiculously weak to SpD Sableye. Other than Zapdos, you have nothing on your team that can deal over 50% to him (for the physical attackers, this assumed once being burned by priority WoW).

Moreover, don't use freaking dusclops -.-. Especially on a team as hyper-offensive as yours, he just kills any semblance of momentum you might have had. Sure he can take hits, but he can't really do much once he's there, and he's complete setup fodder for anything with substitute (SubCM Raikou, SubCM Cune, Sub Mienshao, SubSD Hera, SubPassing Venemoth, Sub Sharpedo, etc etc.). I'd suggest replacing it with lead offensive Froslass. It gives your team some much needed hazard support as well as having an actual offensive presence. The set I'd run would be
Froslass @ Focus Sash - 252+ Spe/ 252 SpA/4 SpD
-Ice Beam
-D Bond
-Taunt
-Spikes

Good team overall, best of luck!

~Kitten Milk/Pleasure Kitten
Oh man, I hate Sableye! Those things are so annoying. Funny though, I have battled a lot of them in the past and I never seem to have trouble beating it. I burns like one monster then gets KO'd because it has Base 50 HP, Base 75 Defense and Base 65 Special Defense. I've never really had trouble with it, but I guess Porygon2 (just added) can take it on with Download boosted Ice Beam. Thanks for your input but Froslass isn't cool enough for this team I'm afraid. XD

Okay, first of all:

The only thing I see in your team that could be changed atm, is that you have 2 physical walls and no special ones. You could change Dusclops to a Sdef EV spread, since Will-O will already do a lot of work helping in the physical side.

Speaking of which, why not Scald over Surf on Suicune?

Also, you may want to swap Sub for Draco on Kingdra because not being walled by Physical walls is always good. Plus Lum&Sub looks redundant.

Awesome team overall!
Suicune is kind of my Special Wall. I switch into special moves, calm mind, rest, calm mind, rest, sweep, most of the time. Good Advise on the Specially Defensive Dusclops, but I decided to remove it all together for Porygon2 and a Physically defensive Mew. This team was basically just five of my favorite monsters and Dusclops because I was having a lot of fun play testing it but I like Porygon2 more.

As for Scald > Surf, I am really un-lucky, so I just prefer to use Surf for more power rather than Scald for Hax. I hate hax all together so I wish no hax on my opponents.

As for Kingdra, I don't run Draco Meteor because then I would have to go Lonely or Naughty and I love Kingdra's natural bulk. To be honest, Dragon Dance, Outrage, Waterfall is all I need, but since there is a fourth move slot, I thought I should put something on it. Lum Berry is for the Confusion from Outrage. I sweep for 2-3 turns and then sweep for another 2-3 turns and it's swept whole teams before. Substitute was used over, say, Toxic, or some other random move, because for some reason, everyone switches their water pokemon into my Kingdra. So I just substitute as they try and scald my Kingdra into a burn and then Dragon Dance while they switch. It happens more often than you might think.

Good team, just a few points. Kitten is right with froslass>duclops. Heck froslass can beat dusclops 1v1 with taunt alone.

Hp grass>hp ice on zapdos. Your biggest threat isn't swampert, but rhyperior who will smack zapdos and weavile in the face with rock blast. Weavile handles flygon and gligar easily and mew can take on the nidos with psyshock.

sub and lum is a bit redundant, also as said before. Perhaps you can try a chestorest set?

For suicune, have scald over surf and rest talk over ice beam. Crocune has more staying power and forces the opponent to react then or risk being stalled. It'll allow your other sweepers to come in and do their job.

Mew is kinda blech on this team, would you consider offensive azelf who has higher sp attack and speed and is immune to spikes/tspikes?
Meh, I don't like Froslass. It's weak both offensively and defensively. HP Ice was changed to HP Grass. Substitute and Lum berry are explained above, but I guess Rest + Lum Berry could work. Needs to stay Lum though as it's mainly for the Confusion from Outrage.

As for Suicune, I prefer Surf to Scald for more power, as I have bad luck with Scald. Also, I'd never use sleep talk over Ice beam, because then you're walled by Dragon / Grass pokemon and being able to hit flying types for super effective is just boss. I think Suicune needs the coverage. I've used this Suicune for years and it's fine the way it is.

Lastly, *slaps Patrick in the face*. Never speak of Azelf > Mew in this thread again. These are the coolest pokemon in UU, not the coolest pokemon in lord of the rings. I hate that stupid little elf. Mew is way cooler.

Yeah this team is pretty tough-looking but I got some suggested changes myself.

1. First off, agreeing with Patrick, I say HP Grass > HP Ice on Zapdos for just about the same exact reasons he said. Rhyperior threatens this team, and heck, Swampert itself can take a couple unboosted hits from anything you have to offer and get up Rocks, Toxic, or Roar you out while you're attempting to boost stats (most of the Pokemon on your team who can hit Swampert hard seem to all be setup sweepers, who can be phazed if they predict right.) HP Grass is a quick answer and shuts it down easily.

Lol...Chansey's no longer in UU, that thing got quickbanned within a week of it being tested in UU several months ago so fortunately Chansey doesn't exist as a major issue. Personally I would run Psychic > Psyshock on Mew, as everything you'll be hitting with Psychic isn't really going to be hit much harder by Psyshock other than Roserade, who gets put down by Weavile any given day. (Okay, there's also Snorlax...Who also is a huge threat to your team as the same time, but you're currently running Aura Sphere on this set.) Also I strongly recommend you change this to a Support Mew set at least, as it's gonna do work for your team as a bulky pivot AND it's gonna open up some space for you to safely replace Dusclops for something else. (Cause in my opinion, this set does Dusclops' job heck of a lot more effectively, and Dusclops is severely underpowering in UU, in my opinion anyway. The only thing you lose out on running this > Dusclops is more vulnerability to Heracross.)

Mew @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
Trait: Synchronize
252 HP / 192 Def / 64 Spe
IVs: 0 ATK (So Foul Play/self-inflicted dmg from Confusion don't hit as hard. It's something I recommend on ALL non-physical Pokemon)
- Psychic
- Stealth Rock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

This Mew's much more effective in the physical wall department, and can outspeed and burn Adamant Honchkrow as well as hit Modest Nidoqueen very hard with Psychic.

3. Something else I noticed, your team lacks a good special wall and a decent Revenge Killer with Scarf. I recommend something like Umbreon, Snorlax or Porygon2 to fill the slot Dusclops has left open, and lastly Choice Scarf Flygon > Kingdra. Flygon's got a lot of power without any setup, and can revenge kill a number of threats that can well...threaten. Such as opposing Scarf Heracross, who can turn into a freight train of death if it nabs a kill on your team.

tl;dr:
HP Grass > HP Ice on Zapdos, Support Mew over Nasty Plot, Scarf Flygon over Kingdra, and Umbreon/Porygon2/Snorlax in the last slot over Dusclops.
HP Ice was changed to HP Grass. Good tip. Support Mew sounds awesome. Scarf Flygon wins. I'll think about Porygon2, but I think I want to try Kingdra and Flygon on the same team. Snorlax isn't cool enough for this team and Umbreon is too... well... nah, I like Porygon2 better than Umbreon. Nothing bad to say about Umbreon though. Just don't like it's move sets.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)