Team Nihon Destroyers of Magikarp

Magikarp Beware! This team shall be your doom! lol anyway this is a hugely revamp version of my first OU RMT, any rates are greatly appreciated

Team Nihon v.2
Destroyers of Magikarp

A Single Battle OU Team
Shoddy Battle Name: Arb2

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Introduction

Team Nihon was my first team. After extensive testing, I realized that a huge number changes where necessary so I started over. So I revamp some members and added some new members. All previous members of my team are at the bottom right above the disclaimer. I love Japan so I named my team Japan. Nihon is the casual name for Japan in Japanese, it fits as this is my casual team for WiFi. Originally I named my Pokemon there Japanese Names but some Pokemon names were the same in Japanese so I did some alterations.
Please comment I appreciate anything

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

At a Glance

In Depth

Goukazaru

Infernape
@ Focus Sash
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 64 Atk/ 204 SpA/ 240 Spe
Naïve (+Spe –SpD)
-Fire Blast
-Stealth Rock
-Fake Out
-Vacuum Wave

The Job:
Lead Ape & Revenge Killer

The Strategy:
Infernape is a great lead, Able to set up stealth rock and still do massive damage. On the first turn unless I’m facing a ghost lead I will use fake out. Fake out will render their Focus item useless and do some damage in the process. Then on the next turn I can set up stealth rock while the opponent most likely does the same. After that depending on the enemy Pokemon I can switch out or attack with STAB Fire Blast and Vacuum Wave. If I’m fighting a Ninjask lead I can use Fire blast before stealth rock to OHKO it before it can sub and BP. Infernape can revenge well because of Vacuum Wave. It can also revenge kill slower enemies like bronzong.

The Name:
Goukazaru is the Japanese name for Infernape
The Kanji Symbol is the symbol for Warrior
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hassamu

Scizzor
@ Choice band
Ability: Technician
Evs: 200 HP/ 56 Atk/ 252 Spe
Careful (+SpD –SpA)
-Bullet Punch
-U-Turn
-Pursuit
-Brick Break

The Job:
Physical Sweeper, Screen Breaker & Revenge Killer

The Strategy:
Ah, the classic CB Scizzor. CB Scizzor is so popular because it’s so great and I intended to use its greatness to its full extent. With Scizzor’s massive atk stat I can decimate my opponent with STAB & Technician Bullet Punch, STAB U-Turn. I can also sweep with a 60 pwr pursuit even if the opponent doesn’t switch thanks to Technician. Brick Break is a nice fighting move to do decent damage and it has the added bonus of smashing any screens that might otherwise hinder my sweeping. U-Turn allows me to do good STAB damage, scout and i can switch out then back in to use a different attack. Scizzor does especially well against frail sweepers & psychic types. Gengar and Azelf can be picked of with bullet punch. Azelf is especially weak to this set because I can destroy it with Pursuit if I switches or if I cant use bullet punch for some reason U-Turn works to. Scizzor makes a great revenge killer because he can so easily dispatch the aforementioned frail sweepers that usually do some damage. Scizzor can also revenge kill a lot of other Pokemon with a combination of Bullet Punch and Pursuit. Because of the Evs and nature scizor can survive alittle longer.

The Name:
Hassamu is the Japanese name for Scizzor
The Kanji Symbol means Blade
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rugaji

Swampert
@Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
Evs: 252 HP/ 152 Def/ 104 SpA
Relaxed (+Def –Spe)
-Hydro Pump
-Earthquake
-Ice Beam
- Hp Grass

The Job:
Mixed Sweeper & Dragon Slayer

The Strategy:
Swampert Can put a hurting on a lot of pokemon with its attacks. STAB Hydro Pump makes bulky grounds wet there pants (Pun very much intended). Earth Quake is just a plain amazing move, STAB earthquake is even better it crushes steel and fire types to powder and when used against a heatran its power raises to 600! Hp power grass gives me coverage against water & ground type pokemon. It may not be good a Swampert counter as Empoleon’s Grass Knot but Swampert resists earthquakes that would put a hurting on Empoleon. Swampert is my best weapon against dragons; it’s able to wall most dragons’ best attacks and attack with a deadly ice beam. Leftovers keep me alive to keep causing trouble and the SpA Evs lets me do a little more damage.

The Name:
Rugaji is Japanese for Swampert
The Kanji Symbol Means Marsh

Gekido

Salamence
@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
Evs: 252 atk/ 80 SpA/ 176 Spe
Hasty (+Spe –Def)
-Stone Edge
-Flame thrower
-Earthquake
- Outrage

The Job:
Mixed Sweeper

The Strategy:
Choice Scarf Salamence is so rare its great for catching pokemon of guard. Stone edge is my safe guard against gyrados togekiss if my gengar goes down. Flamethrower is for destruction against grass types if my Infernape dies setting up. Earthquake can hit so many pokemon for decent damage it was a must. Outrage is for STAB and is great for late game sweeping and kamikaze. My Salamence is the ultimate counter against lead aerodactlys. After Setting up SR Aerodactlys try to KO my Infernape with Earthquake 99.9% of the time so after we set up stealth rock I switch to Salamence who is immune to Earthquake then outspeed the aerodactly with my choice scarf and OHKO with Stone Edge. With the given Evs salamence can out speed anything other than Deoxys Spd form

The Name:
Gekido is Japanese for rage
The Kanji Symbol Means Rage

Nozomi

Jirachi
@ leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
Evs: 140 HP/ 160 Def/ 76 SpD/ 132 Spe
Impish (+Def –SpA)
-Dynamic punch or Swagger?
-Iron Head
-Body Slam
-Wish

The Job:
Parafuseflincher & Wish Support

The Strategy:
A variation of the classic wish support Jirachi, this set takes advantage of Jirachi most likely being the best Parafuseflincher in the game. First Jirachi uses Body Slam to paralyze the enemy (60% chance). Once the enemy is paralyzed I use Dynamic Punch or Swagger (I need some help deciding) to confuse the enemy (100% chance). From there I keep using iron head to try and flinch the opponent as often as I can. Iron head has a 60% chance of flinching the opponent. The opponent has a 75% chance of not being able to attack due to paralyses and confusion and even if it does get lucky and be able to attack it still has a 60% chance of flinching. In order to flinch the opponent I need to attack first, paralyses lowers the opponents speed plus I have a large amount of speed Evs incase I’m against a Choice Scarf Enemy. I can heal my self with wish or switch to heal another pokemon (usually Salamence due to residual damage).

The Name:
Nozomi is Japanese for wish
The Kanji Symbol is the Symbol for wish

Ankoku

Gengar
@life orb
Ability: Levitate
Evs: 48 Atk/ 4 Def/ 204 SpA/ 252 Spe
Hasty (+Spe –Def)
-Focus Blast
-Thunder Bolt
-Explosion
-Shadow Ball

The Job:
Special Sweeper & Revenge killer

The Strategy:
Gengar is meant to come in and sweep. It can revenge kill nicely because of its natural speed. It can switch into Tyranitar without fear of earthquake and use Focus Blast to KO it. Thunder bolt is good against gyrados and flying types. Shadow ball is good against Psychics and other ghosts. Because of life orb my gengar is not going to last to long so when I get to low health I will explode and hopefully take the enemy with me.

The Name:
Ankoku is Japanese for Darkness
The Kanji Symbol means Darkness

Pokemon Previously on This Team

For Infernape:

I would say it looks pretty good, although if you do against the "odd" ghost, especailly if its gengar, then your in trouble. Since it can out speed you. Your best switch in is Scizor, which is fine.

If ever come against a Lucario leads you will also lose, since you dont have a priorty move. You can have the choice to replace Close Combat to Mach Punch, or I would say Vacunm wave, since your speical attack is higher. Then you can change your nature to Jolly, and shift the EVs to speed, or spAtk.

The main thing I would look for is protect/ ghosts'. Swampert leads also can tank your hits well. You can have the choice to replace one of your moves with Grass Knot. I would say CLose Combat, b/c you have another fire attack on your team. It's jist how well your team can handle a 'Pert.

For Scizor:

I would suggest you change your EV spread. Since you have a Latias problem.
Adamant/ Careful 200 HP / 56 Atk / 252 SpD
. With that EV spread you can survive more special attacks more easily. I would replace U-turn > X-scissor. The main reason being is that you can switch out after the move. Searching if they switched or not, then plan accordingly. X-scissor does have more power. although it doesnt allow yiou to switch out, after you use the move. Other then that it looks fine, Superpower is a option, but since you like to have screens down, brick break is fine.

I woud do the rest of the team but I dont have time right now. :pirate:

Thanks i made some changes, on infernape should i maybe ditch fake out for Grass Knot. Im not sure how many leads use focus sash because i always use Fake out so idk if its a good idea :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)