Team "Niente Paura"

At a glance:​

Why did I make this team?

Celebi was causing a concern for many teams that I created. Just the I remembered that it is a long time since I used a Celebi in my team and Grass is my favourite type(sentimental). So, I just made a team which had a Celebi

What processes did I go through for making this team?

Nothing much. I used a standard defensive Celebi as my lead and then, I went into very conventional defensive techniques. I decided that most Pokemons in this team would put other Pokemon into a status and so, there are three Pokemons who have moves which will put Pokemons in a status. Then, a physical sweeper, a ghost and a bulky water were added after the conventional SkarmBliss was added.

The team name:

After testing this team with my account "IOREK BYRNISON", I felt that I wouldn't have any "worry" in getting into the top 50 with this team. Therefore, it got its team name NIENTE PAURA which in Italian means no worries. It was written and sung by the Italian musician from Corregio, Luciano Ligabue. Even the Pokemons in my team are named after some Italian songs that I like of Luciano Ligabue, Eros Ramazzotti and Laura Pausini. They are not named like that because it suits that Pokemon but just in random. For example, Bucaneve(meaning snowdrop) only suits Abomasnow but I use that for my Suicune.

Note : I'm not Italian and thus, I do not know that language. I know a few phrases since I'm a fan of Italian music(Musica :P).

The Team​

Tu Sei (Celebi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/220 Def/36 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Thunder Wave
- Stealth Rock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Grass Knot

Purpose in the team : To provide the vital Stealth Rock support which makes it difficult for dangerous threats like Salamence, Dragonite, Gyarados, etc to switch in over and over again. Moreover, this is one of those Pokemons which do that paralysing business for me.

The moveset : It is quite self explanatory. I always use Stealth Rock in the very first move of the match provided if the opponent doesn't use Taunt. Only Aerodactyl and Azelf can deny me to set up rocks and Azelf with Taunt is rare. Aerodactyl can easily be attacked. Hidden Power Fire is used in case if a Scizor switches in to use a bug move since generally this kind of a Celebi is not expected in the lead role. Immediately after Stealth Rock, I use Thunder Wave because leads like Hippowdon usually switch when they see this Pokemon since they expect me to carry "Leaf Storm" with me.

A question that'll arise : Why do I not use a "Lead" Celebi? I personally believe that in a balanced team or a semi stall team, survival is the most important and a lead Celebi is almost like a suicide lead while this works so many times even after performing its most important duty(setting up rocks, that is). It doesn't survive in only one case where a Lead Metagross uses Explosion immediately after it sets up rocks as I get tempted to use Thunder Wave. Maybe, from now on, I should switch into Rotom.

---

Ho messo via (Blissey) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Thunder Wave
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss

Role in the team : A standard special wall which also uses Aromatherapy to heal the Pokemons in status(fortunately, I don't have a Breloom :) ). It aids Skarmory defend the attacks which are meant for her.

The Moveset : Thunder Wave is used over Toxic since I believe that both effectively do the same thing. Pokemons that resist Toxic are more commonly used than the Pokemons that resist Thunder Wave. I use Seismic Toss over Ice Beam or Flamethrower since I cannot kill a Heatran with that while Gengar(without substitute) or Scizor(If I predict) can both be weakened by Thunder Wave. Aromatherapy being there in the moveset is quite Self Explanatory.

A question that will arise Why am I not using a WishBliss?

I'd be honest, I'm not the best users of the move "Wish". I want instant recovery for her but Wish doesn't give that. If I want instant recovery with Wish, I've to waste a move slot for Protect and it can't play the role of a cleric. Many of you will oppose what I say and a WishBliss may even be theoretically better but I'm not the best user of that move.

---

Controvento (Skarmory) (F) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP/64 Atk/176 Def/16 Spd
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Brave Bird

Role in the team : Is the main physical wall and a spiker. If Celebi and Skarmory are successful, one can take out 37% off a Pokemon which is not resistant to Rock(eg- Blissey).

The Moveset : The first three are obviously self explanatory. Skarmory is high defensive stats give her enough opportunities to set up triple layer spikes and Whirlwind can dent Pokemons very well. I'm thinking of using Drill Peck over Brave Bird since I only give importance to survival in a balanced or a semi stall team. However, Brave Bird comes in very useful during the last stages of the game when most have low HP(due to Spikes and Stealth Rock) and are paralysed. I need your opinion regarding this. Is 120 power with recoil better or 80 attack without recoil?

No questions can possibly arise regarding Skarmory since I use a very conventional set.

Status
: Place in the team confirmed.

---

Yo Canto @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP/168 Def/88 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Discharge
- Shadow Ball
- Overheat
- Will-o-wisp

Role in the team : Not as vital as the other three. It is a Ghost Pokemon though that may not come in very useful since the most common Fighting Pokemons have moves to kill this(Machamp - Payback, Lucario - Crunch). However, this is the ultimate counter of Scizor and Metagross and fulfills one basic purpose of the team, putting a Pokemon under a status.

The Moveset : Discharge is used over Thunderbolt since if some Pokemon switches in, it has a higher chance of being paralysed and thus, fulfills one main purpose of the team. A crucial parahax can change the game. Shadow Ball is a good STAB attack that can reduce the special defense of the opponent. That is extremely useful against a Pokemon which tries to keep stalling against my Rotom(eg - Gliscor) and eventually die. Overheat can be used when a Scizor is predicted to come in.

A question that will arise : Why don't I use a trick set? Yes, indeed, it'll provide a Choice Scarf support to my team but this set is good enough where I can pretend to be a Choice Scarf pokemon(switching in immediately after a Gengar revenge kills one of my Pokemons) and it does seem to work to as large extent. Moreover, just like how many battlers regard certain moves to be cheap, I regard Trick to be cheap though I won't criticise others using it.

Status : Maybe under review since a Dusknoir can also play its role but it certainly cannot intimidate a Gyarados(coincidentally, that seems to be its ability) and can't use special attacks.

---

Si viene si va (Salamence) (F) @ Yache Berry
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Fire Fang
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Outrage

Role in the team : None of the above Pokemons actually have the capability to rip through teams, so I needed a set-up sweeper and went for the best which intimidates any pokemon(Again, this is her ability :P).

The Moveset : Very very self explanatory except for Fire Fang over Fire Blast since it is an attack. Dragon Dance boosts this move. Moreover, both the moves serve the main purpose, Scizor killing. This move is also quite efficient at Skarm killing. For Pokemons like Metagross, there is Earthquake. The other moves, it doesn't need explanation.

The only controversy that might arise has been put up in the MOVESET category.

---

Bucaneve (Suicune) @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Spd
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Hidden Power [Electric]
- Surf

Role in the team : A bulky water and a secondary counter to Scizor. This is also like my Machamp counter as I can set myself on it and its Dynamic Punch's PP can easily be drained since Suicune has the ability pressure.

The Moveset : Although I'm using a conventional Crocune's EVs, I'm not using its exact moveset. If I use Sleep Talk over Hidden Power, then I can't do anything to a Vaporeon. With the help of Hidden Power, I can kill Water Pokemons. This is the reason why I've edited the moveset. With CM increasing my Special Defense and Suicune's high defense can let me survive any Pokemon's attacks.

The only question that might arise has been discussed in the moveset category.

---

Former members of the team

Bucaneve (Swampert) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP/4 Atk/252 Def
Relaxed nature (+Def, -Spd)
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Muddy Water
- Ice Beam

Role in the team : A bulky water and a secondary counter to Scizor. She is also another Pokemon that can use Roar in case a sudden demise occurs to Skarmory. This is also my main counter against a Tyranitar's stone edge.

The Moveset : This is actually described as a lead in the analysis and my Celebi is not but if you keep following the beaten track, it is tough to reach the heights. Ice Beam is use over Avalanche because it can even work well against Pokemons like Hippowdon that may try to switch into my Swampert when she is facing a steel Pokemon. The Surf and Muddy Water controversy will be discussed in the next section.

A question that will arise : Why am I using Muddy Water over Surf? Both these moves have the same amount of power though I need not worry if I use Surf while I've to worry if I use Muddy Water. However, this has its own advantages since it has a chance to reduce the opponent's accuracy by 30% which has come in useful many a times. One thing that you may say is "Someone who considers Trick to be cheap has no right to use Muddy Water".

Status : Maybe under review since I feel that a CM Suicune with Rest may work better but may not be able to switch in bravely against those Blisseys who use Thunder Wave over Toxic. Empoleon may be another opportunity but it doesn't know the "Art of survival" and I largely consider it to be a Pokemon that can be used for a fance(SubPetaya). I need your opinion in this as well.

---

Threat List(Offensive)

Green means I have no problem, orange means I do have some problem while red means I've lots of problems.

Aerodactyl : Most are leads and Celebi by itself takes care of it very well. In the worst case scenario, I'd have to bring in my Suicune.

Alakazam : Blissey can kill any Alakazam.

Azelf : Generally a lead. I theoretically don't have a counter but I've not faced any major problems since in most cases, Celebi successfully gets a Thunder Wave on it.

Breloom : Again, I theoretically don't have a counter but I'm easily able to face it. I just need someone who takes the Spore of Blissey which generally is a Swampert since she attracts a Breloom and the other person will predict that I'd switch and use Spore, but instead, I stay on. If this goes wrong, it ends as a mere sacrifice and I bring in my Salamence.

Dragonite : Again, no theoretical counter but Swampert can revenge kill a Dragonite on any day. Moreover, I can easily use Thunder Wave with a Celebi or Blissey.

Electivire : Rotom-h

Empoleon : Blissey

Flygon : Nothing specific since I've not faced much problems. However, Suicune is my best bet.

Gengar : Blissey, Salamence or Suicune.

Gyarados : Celebi, Rotom or Roar with Skarmory.

Heatran : Blissey.

Heracross : Rotom-h.

Infernape : Mostly Suicune or Salamence.

Jirachi : Yeah, I struggle against CM sets and Swampert is my best chance. However, I have no problem against Choice Scarf sets.

Jolteon : Blissey.

Kingdra : Quite unpredictable, but if it is a special attacker, then, it is Blissey. Mixed means Celebi. If it is trapped in an Outrage, then my counter is Skarmory.

Lucario : Salamence having a higher base, has an edge over Lucario. Suicune is also a decent counter.

Machamp : If my Salamence is not set up, I'm in trouble. If it is not Restalking, I can use Rotom-h to burn it.

Magnezone : Blissey.

Mamoswine : Suicune, Celebi, Skarmory.

Metagross : Rotom - h, Suicune.

Porygon-z : Blissey.

Salamence : No theoretical counters at all since it is so unpredictable. Generally, I put it under a status and then, I gradually kill it.

Scizor : Rotom - h.

Starmie : Blissey.

Togekiss : Blissey.

Tyranitar : Skarmory and Suicune.

Weavile : Skarmory and Suicune.

Yanmega : Stealth Rock and Blissey.

Threat List(Defensive).

Blissey : No specific counter but I haven't faced much problems.

Bronzong : Rotom H.

Celebi : Nothing in specific and I've faced some problem. However, in the later stages of the game, it is killed with Skarm's Brave Bird.

Cresselia : Unfortunately, Salamence cannot be said as a counter for any of these since it is supposed to set up. That is why I'm not able to pick it up as a counter against Blissey since it is only a practical counter and not theoretical.

Donphan : Suicune.

Forretress : Rotom

Gliscor : Suicune, Rotom.

Hippowdon : Suicune, Celebi.

Skarmory : Unfortunately, no theoretical counters though I've not faced a problem. Rotom may be a counter.

Snorlax : Rotom and Will o Wisp. Then, I start setting up with Salamence.

Suicune : All my teams have a problem against CM Suicune. Blissey is not the best counter. Maybe Celebi after paralysis.

Tentacruel : Suicune, Salamence.

Vaporeon : Celebi.

Zapdos : Blissey.

CREDITS

Arkeis, Pokemonelite2000 and Atqpokemon for the images.

Vashta for the threat list.

Thanks a lot.

So please rate. Criticism is appreciated while FLAMING is not.

Nice for using a balanced team!

I am not a professional rater, but I will try to find ways to improve your team.

Salamence is fine: but you won't be able to get more than a DD, usually. At this point Fire Blast is still superior in terms of power. Unlike Garchomp, this guy has quite a fearsome special attack stat. Yache Berry is almost useless as you don't have a spinner.

I feel a bit shaky as you leave your Suicune without Sleep talk while using rest. Even with sleep talk though, it leaves you very vulnerable IMO.

Cressilia would not so much of a problem anymore as it happens to be BL. I am glad you noticed the weakness though.

Hopefully this post gets your team looked at more often and attract professional raters. cheers.

I don't think you need aromatherapy. You have Skarmory for toxic, and Suicune can take anything else, with rest. Not to mention blissey herself can take status >.>

Also a LO Gengar running Shadow Ball / HP [Ice] / Thunderbolt / Focus Blast OHKOs [or really hurts] all members of your team after Blissey. I think you need something else in there to take a blow like that, because if Blissey is around 50% HP, and stealth rocks are up, he can focus Blast you for the KO. Or 2 Focus Blasts + SR + some minor damage to Blissey will kill blissey, that is if it Focus blasts you on the switch.

The team doesn't have any gaping or unaddressable probelms at the moment

ginganinja

It's all coming back to me now
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hello Taxie!

I feel obligated to rate this even at 2.06 am lol.

Well I am not great at rating balenced teams (have made a few ones of my own though so that I get better at rating them!) But I think I can help you a little.

First I suggest a SleepTalk Rotom as it can still burn threats and suchlike which having a Strong STAB. Personally I don't think that this team needs a cleric (Blissey) but its your choice I guess.

I also suggest a CM shuffle set on Suicune. You are obviously determined to try and sweep with it but the way its EV'ed this seems unlikely and by phazing it can handle threats a little better while you do not have to be as worried about sweeping.

I think that Dragonite can successfully use a Yarchi Berry better than Salamence by virtue of its highier defences. I would like to see Life Orb on it instead to give it extra punch. I also think that Salamence should run Flmaethrower or Fire Blast over Fire Fanf. The reason for this is that Skamory and Forretress have very high Defence. running a weaker special attack hits them highier than a boosted Fire Fang.

Their are a few pokemon to consider on the team as possiable replacements to consider. As I stated, Blissey is not needed as a Cleric therefore a Cressilia could be a possiable replacement. scizor and T-tar become more of an issue however you can check DD mence much better as you have lost Swampert.

Also another pokemon to consider is a Sub + 3 attacks Machamp over Salamence. With all the paralysis flying around its worth running something that can abuse it to a large extent. Otherwise I don't really see the point of Thunderwave since Toxic will help you war the opponient down faster.

Hope I Helped

Will have a rate back later

Have a Nice Day/Night!

Alright a few things that could use tweaking. Firstly, your team doesn't really have a status absorber persay, and you're not even taking advantage of the fact that your Blissey has Aromatherapy. Typically, if you want to take advantage of Aromatherapy, you spam Rest on multiple Pokemon so that Blissey can do her job as a cleric.

Rotom-H wants Rest over Overheat. Overheat hits like Scizor and Jirachi harder obviously, but Thunderbolt and Will-O-Wisp suffice. To be honest, I'd recommend ditching Shadow Ball as well for Sleep Talk so that you have a definite status absorber as opposed to just flimsy ones with Rest.

Celebi needs Recover. I understand that you're running a lead version with Stealth Rock, but I'd recommend replacing either Thunder Wave or HP Fire for Recover. Since Breloom and other Grass-types are becoming more and more common, you need that extra recovery so you don't lose to them. I'd say Thunder Wave is more expendable, you have an above average defensive core anyway to be able to handle lots of threats. Since Blissey has Thunder Wave as well, running it on Celebi is somewhat redundant.

I'd run Mixmence over your current DDMence. Reason being that Mixmence takes full advantage of Spikes and Stealth Rock without relying on set-up, whereas DD Mence doesn't hit hard enough from the onset. Firing Draco Meteors with hazards up will not be fun for your opponent at all. Scizor can always revenge-kill a set-up DDMence as well, whereas Mixmence can simply switch out and Roost at convenience.

Lastly, Suicune wants Ice Beam over HP Electric. A well played Salamence in an opponent's hand spells good game for you. Adding Ice Beam on Suicune at least gives you a way to deal with almost all variants of Salamence. HP Electric I assume is for Gyarados, but since I recommended adding a few moves on Rotom-H, in conjunction with Skarmory, Gyarados shouldn't be a problem.

Edit: I forgot to mention, you are kind of SD Lucario weak, so even consider running a bulky Salamence over your current one to just go full stall. FatMence in the analysis seems to fit what your team needs, give that a gander.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)