Programming SweeperCalc and bReakMyTeam - Gen VI Damage Calculators

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
GREAT app. Two things i've noticed wrong:
Tyranitar has no sets, and Chesnaught has illuminate as default aliblity.
Tyranitar current has no sets because it's most common set is the Mega and I haven't got around to doing its other sets yet. I'll probably do it when Smogon finishes the OU Smogdex.

SweeperCalc and bReakMyTeam draw common set data from Antar's moveset statistics, which for some reason list Chesnaught as having Illuminate.

I want to help adding sets to the missing ones. I don't know coding, but if it is easy to make changes, I will be glad to help.

Even if you use the usage stats, is there a way to filter it for Ubers beyond a certain point?

Chatot (Ubers common)
Exploud (Ubers common)
Darmanitan (Ubers common)
Diggersby (Ubers common)

and others

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
I want to help adding sets to the missing ones. I don't know coding, but if it is easy to make changes, I will be glad to help.
PM me and I can arrange something. The sets are just stored in a spreadsheet.

Even if you use the usage stats, is there a way to filter it for Ubers beyond a certain point?

Chatot (Ubers common)
Exploud (Ubers common)
Darmanitan (Ubers common)
Diggersby (Ubers common)

and others
I believe the cutoff is top 200 by usage. It might be top 300. There's no real way to filter it at the moment but those sets should eventually get pushed out once we add in more Ubers sets.

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Can you put this at level 5 for LC Pokemon/teams? It has (or had like a weak ago) the attackers at lvl. 100 for some reason.

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
Has Tyranitar have had sets added to it?
We're still waiting on C&C to finish up on OU sets before we add the rest in.

Can you put this at level 5 for LC Pokemon/teams? It has (or had like a weak ago) the attackers at lvl. 100 for some reason.
There's a little bug where it will select the level 5 option if you pick LC but it doesn't actually do it. You can work around this by clicking level 100 then level 5 again. I'll try to get this fixed by the time when usage stats for March 2014 come out.

Edit: Just pushed the update to fix the level 5 LC bugs.

Last edited:
Hi, this is a really great tool! Right now, when you use the break my team function, the Pokemon are listed by how threatening they are in terms of the total % damage they can do to the team divided by the number of Pokemon. If I may make a suggestion, it'd be more helpful if they were listed by how high the damage is against the Pokemon that best takes their attacks. For example, if I'm testing out a defensive core of Amon and Bmon, I don't care that Cmon can do 200% against Amon and 30% against Bmon, I'd rather see Dmon that does 70% to Amon and 75% to Bmon, even though that does less total damage to the team, because that beats both Pokemon. So, it would order by the Pokemon that do the most damage against the Pokemon they do worst against, rather than the team as a whole, or perhaps keep both and be able to switch between them.

The scores are capped at 100% (even if it does 200% damage in theory). So Cmon has a score of 100 + 30 = 130%, and Dmon has a score of 70 + 75 = 145% in your scenario. Dmon will be placed higher up the table than Cmon (145 > 130). The optimisation that you are suggesting will not change the order significantly - maybe just rearrange a few Pokemon here and there, but overall it is not enough to make another ordering. Generally a Pokemon that "best takes the attacks" of one Pokemon actually best takes the attacks of most other Pokemon (i.e. is a wall type of Pokemon).
Good to know, thanks a lot!

Wow. I was thinking of attempting to code something extremely similar to bReakMyTeam. It's really cool that this already exists! The interface is beautiful and very easy to follow. A bug I'm noticing is that some of the color coding in "dual" mode is reversed (some OHKOs coming from my team are green while others are red). Another bug: priority moves in "dual" mode sometimes result in cells for both self and opponent to be marked as outsped. You might have already noticed these. I have a few suggestions as well:

First, I can see that some of the cells will resize themselves vertically, but they make the rows look kind of funky because neighboring cells will stay the same size (I'm looking at this with both "verbose" and "dual" modes selected). I think I'd like it better if each row had equal cell heights for more visual clarity. Just a nitpick.

Secondly, I'm noticing that a couple of the "break it!" results contain threats that require more than 4 moves to totally break a team. When something like this happens, can it be marked in some way (maybe with a strikethrough or italics on the 5th/6th move)? I realize one could see this just by looking through the results, but it's nice to be able to immediately notice it. I feel this is going to be especially important for those worried about Greninja in ORAS.

Also, I think it would be cool to see the moveset/held item/EV spread of each threat in a popover in the results. It saves time over looking up what is meant by "OU Common" for each threat out there.

This last one is probably a stretch, but it would be really sweet to have some kind of recommendation system for incomplete teams. It might make some sense to have separate defensive recommendations and offensive recommendations based on what you have trouble walling or sweeping, respectively. This would obviously require a lot of tweaking and could be computationally burdensome. Maybe another approach could be a calculator in which the user inputs the main threats they want to counter/check, and the results list in order the best teammates and how they fare against each threat. This might also be too ambitious, but I think it would be a huge benefit to those teambuilders who are looking to fill in a missing slot or two.

Really though, this is one of the most useful tools I've come across. I would love to help out somehow. Maybe I could add some sets?

EDIT: Under the options menu, the Light Screen and Reflect buttons are really easy to confuse, imo. I'd prefer having a "player side" and "opponent side" in there somewhere so I don't keep forgetting and having to guess.

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
migetno1, I know that this is late af, but I was wondering if I could help. I know how to code plenty of different languages, and I would love to help with something as godly as this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)