Programming SweeperCalc and bReakMyTeam - Gen VI Damage Calculators

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
SweeperCalc, a Gen VI 6v6 Damage Calculator!
http://sweepercalc.com

I am happy to announce that SweeperCalc is finally ready for release!

What is it?
SweeperCalc is a damage calculator for Pokemon Generation 6.

How is it different?
SweeperCalc can support up to 6 offensive Pokemon and 6 defensive Pokemon. The output is displayed in a 6 by 6 matrix.

The reason why I started working on this in the first place was to make it easier to determine which of my Pokemon would be in the best position to sweep an opposing team. The tool helps you identify which opposing Pokemon need to be weakened before one of your own can sweep.

What features does it have?
  • Import from Pokemon Showdown
  • Switch offensive and defensive teams
  • Auto-complete names
  • An interactive table - click on a table cell to show damage from other moves
  • Output line to copy and paste
  • Some default EV spreads

Known issues
  • Arceus typing has not been properly implemented.
  • Putting a Mega stone on a Pokemon does not make it Mega automatically - you’ll need to put that name in yourself (e.g. put in Mewtwo-Mega-X instead of Mewtwo)
  • There are some naming discrepancies you might come across - we tried to follow the Showdown format as best as possible. Use auto-complete if you are unsure.
  • I am still improving the import functionality. Imports must be EXACTLY Showdown format or errors will occur. If it’s not working as expected, use the reset buttons to revert.

bReakMyTeam: a Gen6 All v 6 Damage Calculator
http://sweepercalc.com/rmt/

This is another project that Veeveearnh and I have been working on. We haven’t really previewed this but we believe it will be even more useful for teambuilding!

What does it do?
bReakMyTeam pits your team of 6 Pokemon against all the main threats in competitive Pokemon and lists the top 100. It can be used to identify any glaring weaknesses in your team.

What features does it have?
  • Selection of threats based on tier (although the only real tiers ATM are Ubers and OU). I’ve put about the top 100 usage into OU and the rest randomly into UU, RU and NU.
  • Boosts for threats that are setup sweepers (like Dragon Dance Dragonite or Nasty Plot Lucario)
  • Import from Pokemon Showdown
  • Auto-complete names
  • Popover on click to show damage from other moves
  • Output line to copy and paste
  • Most common sets as per Pokemon Showdown’s November 2013 stats (borrowed these from Honko until pokebank sets come out)

P.S. It may be a little buggy at the moment because it is in Beta stage. Try using the ‘reset’ buttons if anything funny happens.

This is cool! How can I help out?
  • If you spot any bugs, please send us an email at sweepercalc@gmail.com (attach a screenshot if possible) or post here.
  • If you have a feature request, reply to this post and if it garners enough attention, I may implement it.
  • Donate if you think this is a great tool!

Last edited:

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Surprised no one has commented yet. This is really fantastic work and an interesting take on damage calcs, thank you for sharing! Don't have any suggestions right now as I've just started to play around with them, but I like the layout and presentation.

Soul Fly

IMMA TEACH YOU WHAT SPLASHIN' MEANS
is a Contributor Alumnus
This is fantastic. Bookmarked! Looking to become an integral part of any team building exercise.
(Talking abut breakmyteam)

EDIT: This is a suggestion, instead of just using the Most Common sets can you include all the viable sets for all the relevant pokemon in the tier (like honko's 1vAll gen5 calc)? Because sometimes I may want to have enough EVs on a pokemon to tank an attack from, say a Leftovers Bulky Ho-oh set, for a pokemon while i won't really survive v/s CB Max attack Ho-oh.

I don't think this is realistically implementable until analyses get on-site but keep it on the DL anyways.

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, breakmyteam is amazing. Wondering if you can add LC as an option? As it stands, there's a Lvl 5 option, but I don't really care much that Lvl 5 Choice Band Slaking can 6-0 my LC team. :U

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
Soul Fly: That's the plan. I've added a few key sets for some of the dominant sweepers but that's about it for now. We've been waiting for the post-pokebank sets so we don't have to re-do everything once they do come out.

You could SweeperCalc as a temporary solution to see how your team fares against those other sets but you'd have to input them manually atm.

Treecko: I'll add LC to the list of things to do!

Awesome Damage Calculator! Any chance there will be a downloadable version in the future?

EDIT: Didn't want to spam and make another post! That sounds awesome migetno1 :P Also, I'd just like to throw it out there but it would be nice if it accepted Pokemon Online Team Exports as well. A few people I know requested me to ask that. Anyways, keep up the good work! This is all greatly appreciated!

Last edited:

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
Cloud Strife: It's all JavaScript/HTML so you could rip the site and run it locally. We didn't have any plans for a downloadable version but now that you mention it, it's something we could do once we work out all the bugs and make it look pretty. Going from HTML to an HTML Application shouldn't be too hard.

Oglemi

Borf
is a Forum Moderatoris a Top Contributoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
From user McBarrett on the bReak my team tool:

If you click on the WallMyTeam feature they calc all of Aegislash's attacks as it was in Shield Form so Shadow Ball was doing like 20% to Jellicent. Also for Mega Pinsir it doesn't take into account the type change from Normal Type Moves with Aerialate and it doesn't give the boost so Return only did 35% to Mega Venusaur. Also it doesn't recognize Freeze Dry as a move at all.

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
Preliminary Little Cup support has been added to the set / tier data. Hidden Power is all typed to Dark, though. That will change in the future once official Little Cup sets are released.

Oglemi: All of Aegislash's (both shield and blade formes) attacks now use the Blade forme's offensive stats. Aerialate and Freeze-Dry were already implemented. I believe the problem was an issue with the importer since it doesn't automatically change the ability of a Mega to it's mega ability and Pokemon Showdown spells Freeze-Dry without the dash. Megas should now have their abilities if they are imported with their base form while holding a mega stone and you can now import Freeze Dry instead of Freeze-Dry!

Monte Cristo

Banned deucer.
I'm loving this, but, could you add -1 with intimidate as an ability automatically, like say, lum DD dragonite VS INTIMIDATE wishmence:
in your calc:
252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 368-434 (93.4 - 110.1%)
in honko:
-1 252+ Atk Dragonite Outrage vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Salamence: 246-290 (62.4 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
We've discussed Intimidate and it's now on the to-do list. I got time to fix the Little Cup sets parser so all the Hidden Powers should now be their correct typings.

All "most common" sets have been updated to December 2013's data and the pokemon marked OU are the same as those in the unofficial UU list!

Totally new. I get how to set it up and all but when I finally upload it to the table to read the calculations, it's kinda like lookin' at statistics for the first time. I'm not sure I understand exactly what I'm looking at. I know it's a damage calculator for finding weaknesses in your team, but how do I read it? Haha.

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
I'm going to work on a guide for the more advanced features soon!

But for the basics:

The left column of the table lists the threats as ranked by bRMT. It orders them based on the sum of damage the threat does to your whole team so a pokemon that 1HKOs your entire team gets a score of 600 while a pokemon that only does 50% damage to each pokemon would have a score of 300.
The cells display the highest damaging move that the threat does to that specific pokemon on your team. You can click the cell to get damage calcs for other moves.
The little triangles in the top right corner of a cell indicate that the threat is faster than the defending pokemon. You can use the "Outspeed" option to select a minimum of your pokemon that threats must outspeed.

Edit: Just added VGC sets to bRMT, using Smogon's December stats. Spread moves is on by default with VGC selected.

Last edited:
Love the work guys, keep it up. Minor issue, its currently not letting you filter out the lower tiers when you select OU. If you select OU it accounts for every Pokemon in UU and lower, same goes for UU.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Love the work guys, keep it up. Minor issue, its currently not letting you filter out the lower tiers when you select OU. If you select OU it accounts for every Pokemon in UU and lower, same goes for UU.
which is primarily relevant because slaking destroys

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
which is primarily relevant because slaking destroys
We're in the process of moving to Smogon's analyses (which would leave OU sets for OU, UU viable sets in UU etc). Most haven't been completed yet so it's kind of a limbo period where we have some actual sets from actual analyses and some from usage stats. The "OU Common" sets and the like will eventually be phased out unless an "include common sets" button is clicked.

tcr

sage of six tabs
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey idk if I'm just doing this wrong, but I love bReakMyTeam sweepercalc. It is absolutely helpful when rating teams, as well as in battle, or Counterteaming someone in an official tourney like SPL. One thing I notice however is that when importing a team for LC, the Windows-8 like button that says Level 5 is pressed, only the calcs seem to calc it assuming Level 100 opponents (1,000% damage and such). After fiddling a little (Idek what I do to get it working right) it fixes itslef, but I figured I would address what seems to be a slight bug.

migetno1

bRMT Developer
is a Programmer Alumnus
Low Kick does not take account of the weight of the pokemon, it gave me a bp of 60 against a Dialga.
Thanks. Low Kick and Grass Knot were using the attacker's weight for some reason.

Hey idk if I'm just doing this wrong, but I love bReakMyTeam sweepercalc. It is absolutely helpful when rating teams, as well as in battle, or Counterteaming someone in an official tourney like SPL. One thing I notice however is that when importing a team for LC, the Windows-8 like button that says Level 5 is pressed, only the calcs seem to calc it assuming Level 100 opponents (1,000% damage and such). After fiddling a little (Idek what I do to get it working right) it fixes itslef, but I figured I would address what seems to be a slight bug.
Thanks for the bug report. We'll be looking into this.

We've also just updated the common sets to Jan2014 stats.

This is a fantastic piece of software and I"m glad I can use it. If I could suggest something I'd love to see what the pokes that "wall my team" do to y team and the damage my pokemon can do to the pokemon that "sweep my team". Because as a general rule the pokemon that can severely dent my team are destroyed by the offensive moves of my team.

An example

Darmanitan
(OU Common)
205.3% - 241.6%
Stone Edge
115.7% - 136.5%
Flare Blitz
67.6% - 79.9%
Flare Blitz
134.2% - 158%
Superpower
113.9% - 134.7%
Earthquake
225.4% - 265.1%
Flare Blitz

But it is OHKOed by at least 3 of my pokemon which will outspeed it (Naturally or with priority) so while it in theory it can destroy my team in practice it's not nearly as threatening as it suggests.

I just found the button for it this thing keeps getting better

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)