Metagame SV OU Metagame Discussion v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had some success at checking it with Sneasler, I wish Meowscarada was better at stopping Heatpon.
252 SpA Protean Meowscarada Power Gem vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tera Fire Ogerpon-Hearthflame-Tera: 198-234 (65.7 - 77.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 Atk Protean Meowscarada Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Hearthflame: 372-438 (123.5 - 145.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+1 252 Atk Hearthflame Mask Tera Fire Ogerpon-Hearthflame-Tera Ivy Cudgel vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Tera Rock Meowscarada: 248-292 (84.6 - 99.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

every single Pokémon teired OU in a nutshell:
Ambipom, arbok, chandelure, ariados, chimecho, conkeldurr, cramorant, dipplin, dusknoir, empoleon, furret, golem, gol‘em-alola, illumese, infernape, ludicolo, magcargo, mamoswine, mandibuzz, mienshao, mightyena, milotic, morpeko, ninetales, noctowl, phione, poliwrath, probopass, ribombee, sandslash, Sandslash-alola, shaymin, shiftry, snorlax, swanna, torterra, trevanant, victreebel, vikavolt, volbeat, weezing, yanmega:
F70A38BE-8430-4B62-98C6-C3588796AFFA.jpeg

Amoonguss: Eat-Sleep-Heal-Repeat
Azumarril: belly drums than eats sitrus berry
cinderace, Meowscarada, Greninja : trans idols
clefable, Clodsire, dondozo:
3E80ED13-10CF-4980-8DA7-308CC5811CFD.jpeg

Crawdaunt: 252+ Atk Crabhammer Choice Band In the Rain Tera Water Adaptability
Cresselia: stallmon #1
Dragapult, dragonite, garchomp, formerly Bax: The Real Psudos of OU
Enamorus:
Enamorus used Calm Mind:
Enamorus‘ Special Attack dropped by 1!
Enamorus’ Special Defence dropped by 1!
Garganacl: temp6t
Gholdengo: Status: none
Glimmora: Hazardous Terrain
Gliscor, Great Tusk, Lando-T, Ting-Lu: Four Big Grounds
Greninja-Bond: what if quiver dance but ability
Hatterene: The Hazards Trampoline
Heatran: why don’t you staaaay with meeeee
Iron Moth: But we have Volcarona at home!
Iron Valiant: mixed attacker
Jirachi: Mew 2, not Mewtwo
Kingambit: I am Death, Destroyer of Mon
Kommo-o: Omniboost with Throat Spray then you Die
Manaphy: You Tail Glow, Girl!
Moltres, Corviknight, Zapdos: the 3 bird men of the bulkocalypse
Munkidori, Fezandipiti, Okidogi: Don’t you tell me that your toxic
Nine tales-Alola: CURSE OF SCREENS
OGERPON:
they never noticed me
until I put the mask on
Pelipper, Politoad: I’m the best rain setter!
No I’m the best rain setter!
Rotom Wash: is here
Samurott-Hisui: Ceases to Exist
Sandy Shocks: Stunfisk wishes he could be me
Sinistcha: Gotcha! Matcha!
Glowking: is here!
Sneasler: Gotta Go Fast
Torkoal: RU-OU
Toxapex: Don’t mention Scald around her
Ursaluna-Bloodmoon: There are 2 bears inside you
Walking Wake: Dinosaur! Grrr!
Weezing-Galar: Ability-B-Gone
Zamazenta: Body Press

Cant understand the baxcalibur ban when this is a reality fr:

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur: 348-410 (93.8 - 110.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur: 294-348 (79.2 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

Ffs ppl, you even pokemon mate?

Ehmcee

A Spoopy Ghost
is a Tiering Contributor

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur: 348-410 (93.8 - 110.5%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Iron Fist Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur: 294-348 (79.2 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252+ Atk Choice Band Technician Scizor Bullet Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur in Snow through Reflect: 117-138 (31.5 - 37.1%) -- 79.9% chance to 3HKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Conkeldurr Mach Punch vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Baxcalibur in Snow through Reflect: 82-97 (22.1 - 26.1%) -- 7.3% chance to 4HKO

sadge

The veil teams Bax was abusing can just straight up invalidate those calcs.

Ambipom, arbok, chandelure, ariados, chimecho, conkeldurr, cramorant, dipplin, dusknoir, empoleon, furret, golem, gol‘em-alola, illumese, infernape, ludicolo, magcargo, mamoswine, mandibuzz, mienshao, mightyena, milotic, morpeko, ninetales, noctowl, phione, poliwrath, probopass, ribombee, sandslash, Sandslash-alola, shaymin, shiftry, snorlax, swanna, torterra, trevanant, victreebel, vikavolt, volbeat, weezing, yanmega:
View attachment 553639
View attachment 553641
Enamorus:
Enamorus used Calm Mind:
OGERPON:
they never noticed me
until I put the mask on
Tornadus-T: Now the 4th birdman of the apocalypse thanks to regaining knock off (All seriousness this Mon absolutely needed it back)

View attachment 553639
View attachment 553641
Enamorus:
Enamorus used Calm Mind:
OGERPON:
they never noticed me
until I put the mask on
I just spent 45 minutes on this with no reactions :(((

That's just how things work. You either need to be a god like finchinator or relatable

Watch as this post gets a shit ton of reacts, or better yet none at all

And just for you, I'm sending my condolences (love)
I'm still questioning how me shitposting with absolutely terrible jokes gets a lot of reaction while me trying to talk of the meta as I wanted originally, which is why I created the account gets almost nothing, but at least my buddy Buzzwole constantly covers me

252+ Atk Choice Band Slither Wing First Impression vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Hearthflame: 288-339 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Slither Wing First Impression vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Hearthflame: 288-339 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

GRAHHHH SLITHER WING THE GOAT! STRAIGHT TO S- ON THE VIABILITY RANKINGS :Slither Wing: :Slither Wing: :Slither Wing:

Jokes aside, is there a pokemon in a lower tier which any you have been using in OU recently? Ive been finding Slither Wing a lot of fun! Its a very strong priority move user, but the opponent can easily exploit banded first impression for a free turn to setup.

252+ Atk Choice Band Slither Wing First Impression vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Hearthflame: 288-339 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
252+ Atk Choice Band Slither Wing First Impression vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Ogerpon-Hearthflame: 288-339 (95.6 - 112.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO after 1 layer of Spikes

GRAHHHH SLITHER WING THE GOAT! STRAIGHT TO S- ON THE VIABILITY RANKINGS :Slither Wing: :Slither Wing: :Slither Wing:

Jokes aside, is there a pokemon in a lower tier which any you have been using in OU recently? Ive been finding Slither Wing a lot of fun! Its a very strong priority move user, but the opponent can easily exploit banded first impression for a free turn to setup.
those calcs are pretty first impressive

but in terms of lower-tier mons, i've been experimenting with snorlax. tera poison means that you can run thick fat more comfortably and not worry about toxic, which makes curselax a neat bulky wincon sometimes. hard to use though

How are people dealing with bloodmoon? The cm set is disgusting and it seems almost impossible to deal with without losing something. It has disgustingly strong stab in blood moon, priority with vacuum wave, and the ability makes it impossible to dance around its stabs. Doesn't help its absurdly bulky either, taking advantage of Tera to make that bulk even more noticeable.
Besides manaphy and ogrepon, bloodmoon is probably another thing to keep an eye on.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
When we banned Volcarona after Pokemon HOME, there was an outcry about the ban. You probably saw the pages of posts questioning the decision or the outrage on PS.

There were people upset at the process and there were people upset about our opinions -- the former is very important to me and what was clear about it all is that we needed to do a better job meeting the needs of our playerbase through executing the tiering processes.

As a leader, it is my job to be reflective of the past and sometimes predictive of the future. We were intending to have another vote today or tomorrow based off of the initial survey results, but after some discussion, we reached a new conclusion.
  • The current survey data is not fully indicative of the current metagame as it took place prior to the Baxcalibur ban and an early metagame develops so rapidly, meaning 5 days can see a lot of shifts.
  • We do not have an overwhelming opinion on other Pokemon from the community and do not want to reach for a ban or discourage activity out of being overly cautious.
    • A couple of Pokemon reside between 3.2 and 3.7, meaning they could realistically go either way.
  • We want data that is indicative of the current metagame and potentially with a more telling data point.
  • We want to hear information on every possible Pokemon that could warrant tiering attention.
As such, we are going to run another survey soon and then consider voting (or suspecting) later this week with inclusive and current data rather than rushing to another ban like many feel we did last time around. Stay tuned.

• We do not have an overwhelming opinion on other Pokemon from the community and do not want to reach for a ban or discourage activity out of being overly cautious.
    • A couple of Pokemon reside between 3.2 and 3.7, meaning they could realistically go either way.
wow, really? huh. i would've expected overpowered-hastogo to have more support than that. i haven't really seen anyone making compelling, well-informed, well-researched arguments that she isn't broken, only a couple people proposing switch-ins and then learning, to their dismay, that she learns way more moves than they thought, and this was even before bax got axed

If Basculegion wants to break through Water Absorb, Mold Breaker is useful, but it loses some power.

Also it allows to ignore Dragonite's Multiscale, if it has teralized to Normal.

252+ Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Basculegion Wave Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Normal Dragonite: 303-357 (93.8 - 110.5%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO

252+ Atk Choice Band Mold Breaker Basculegion Wave Crash vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Tera Normal Dragonite in Rain: 454-535 (140.5 - 165.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As such, we are going to run another survey soon and then consider voting (or suspecting) later this week with inclusive and current data rather than rushing to another ban like many feel we did last time around. Stay tuned.
I don't know why the council is taking into account the opinions of people who clearly don't know anything and just whine whenever any ban happens. There isn't really any escaping it- people are GONNA bitch and complain no matter what you do, no matter how obvious the ban (there are some people ON THIS FORUM who would whine about something like Mega-Ray getting banned from OU, if it ever got a shot here), so you might as well just ignore them and do whatever's best for the metagame, whiners in the community be damned.

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I don't know why the council is taking into account the opinions of people who clearly don't know anything and just whine whenever any ban happens.
If this is your recollection of the response to the Volcarona ban, then -- to put it bluntly -- you are recalling it very wrong.

People are always going to be upset at every ban. You can never please everyone. Hence why I said concerns about the process, rather than opinions, are what resonated. Plenty of experienced players with knowledge of tiering believed there were better ways to handle it with less rushing. This was not just charizardfan12 being salty lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 8)