Resource SV LC Sample Teams

:Timburr: :Vullaby: :Foongus: :Voltorb-Hisui: :Numel: :Glimmet:
https://pokepast.es/5bbf2b804afe0694

Thought I'd share a team I've found nice success with on ladder, and I think covers a decent portion of the meta well.

Only part I really want to talk about is Numel, I still think it's a fantastic mon in this new meta. Numel threatens common mons like Voltorb-H, Foongus, Koffing, and Tink. Mienfoo and Vullaby tanks fire blast even from life orb, so I started using a wisp set to cripple them on switch in. Tera Ghost is nice for Foo/Timburr priority, especially if you switch to a sub set.

Not the most perfect team but wanted to highlight Numel and hopefully help out anyone in need of more teams for the new meta.

Memento Mori

#619 Mienfoo
1696532593541.png
#090 Shellder
#624 Pawniard
1696532765342.png
#590 Foongus

https://pokepast.es/04c4d2124c9fd05e

This team is basically a balance team that tries to bring Shellos in to shell smash and just win.

I mainly wanted to test out Memento Zorua-H and it turned out pretty good. It's faster than Vull so, if it's physical, you can wisp it and take like 55% from stab knock off, so that's great. It's also a pretty good Foo counter, for basically the same reasons.

(Also this are probably my best nicknames yet and i feel so proud of them)

NotJackewu

Banned deucer.
That's it for the teams I think are good for players who want to get some experience before building their own team in this new meta. I am sure you will run into teams like these, but also some more creative ones like Snow, Sun or even Sandstorm teams.
Have fun :woop:

(Might post a Hail, Sun and Sandstorm team if I can get them to win somewhat reliably)
I did get them to win somewhat reliably on my account WtfIsAVullaby.

As always, teams can be accessed by clicking any of the Pokemon sprites :D
Snow

:sv/snover: :sv/Sandshrew-Alola: :sv/Mienfoo: :sv/diglett-alola: :sv/Koffing: :sv/Vullaby:

Snow is completely reliant on the combination of Snover and Sandshrew-Alola. Your goal is to Knock off or weaken Mienfoo, Timburr, Mudbray and any Water types. Once you've done that, Tera Ice Sandshrew-Alola OHKO's everything with Icicle Spear while not being KO'd by Priority moves like Sucker Punch and Mach Punch due to Snow boosting it's defense by 1.5x (The fact a 4x weakness doesnt mean you get OHKO'd is absurd).

This team uses Scarf Koffing for opposing Weather. With Scarf it outspeeds all Weather Abusers thanks to Neutralizing Gas disabling their speed boosts. It also helps with threathening Pokemon like Mienfoo and Voltorb, if the opponent doesn't realize it you can very easily KO if not disable them for the rest of the game. Vullaby helps the team with more Knock Off support as well as serving as an answer to Fighting types which Sandshrew-Alola and Snover are obviously threatened by.

A fun alternative to the current Sandshrew set would be Loaded Dice which would allow Sandshrew to sweep games in the endgame by simply clicking Icicle Spear. On that set I would also recommend Iron Head over Swords Dance as you generally dont need any Attack boosts to KO Pokemon.

P.S
Dont use Cubchoo, it sucks.

Sand
:sv/Hippopotas: :sv/diglett-alola: :sv/Sandshrew: :sv/mienfoo: :sv/Voltorb-Hisui: :sv/Koffing:
I am of the opinion Sand doesnt get much better than this. Sandshrew and Diglett-Alola are the best Sand sweepers with their Sand Rush and Sand Force Respectively. The biggest threat to Sand would be Voltorb-Hisui, which is dealt with by throwing a bunch of threaths at it until it eventually dies. That opens up Alolan Diglett or Sandshrew to sweep the game. Choice Scarf Mienfoo works well with Sand due to having several Pokemon that can threathen Poison types, which are usually the Pokemon that stop scarfed Mienfoo from sweeping the game.
Sandshrew uses Tera Ghost to dodge priority moves like Mach Punch and Fake out, but if youre not too worried about those you could opt for Tera Bug instead for some decent resists on top of extra damage on Leech Life. The Hippopotas runs Tera Water for opposing weather matchups.

Sun
:sv/charmander: :sv/bellsprout: :sv/shroodle: :sv/Diglett-alola: :sv/Pawniard: :sv/Timburr:
Sun has a bunch of toys to play with but doesn't get the luxury of Automatic weather (Drought) that Sand and Snow get due to Vulpix being banned. It still gets some very good (Manual) weather setters through Diglett-Alola and Shroodle. The selection of Pokemon I've went for consist of some of the strongest Sun abusers, but there's many more options to choose.
Best: :Charmander:
Usable: :Numel: :Petilil: :Bellsprout: :Cyndaquil:
Kinda? :Capsakid: :deerling:
Bad: :seedot: :sunkern: :sewaddle: :hoppip:

You'll want Charmander on every single version of Sun, its simply the best sun abuser we have currently. An alternative could be Cyndaquil, but Charmander is probably always better. Because Charmander is your best Pokemon it's essential you give it the room to sweep the game, to do so it NEEDS you to get rid of Hazards. This team uses Timburr for that. Charmander can afford to take 2-3 Fake Outs, and probably picks up 2-3 kills in return, but to do so you need to let it in at full HP.
Next thing Charmander needs is support from Grass types that will take care of all the Water types that try to stop its onslaught. My personal favorite is Bellsprout. Bellsprout threathens Voltorb-Hisui with STAB Sludge Bomb, can put Pokemon to sleep with Sleep Powder which can be a pain to deal with at 28 speed and has access to Solar Beam to hit Water types.
This version of Sun uses only two abusers of Sun since a lot of the Sun abusers share a common weakness that can only be covered by non-Sun abusers. That's why I've added Pawniard for strong STAB Priority in Sucker Punch, but a Meowth could do something similair.

Rain
:sv/Riolu: :sv/shroodle: :sv/Buizel: :sv/Psyduck: :sv/Gothita: :sv/Wattrel:
This is a version of Rain I've personally enjoyed using. A more optimal version would probably look like this (Credits Teamo505).

I use Shroodle and Riolu to set up rain but Riolu can easily be swapped with Voltorb-Hisui (Make sure to run Damp Rock). I like to use Wattrel and Gothita to get rid of problematic Pokemon like Voltorb-Hisui, Foongus and Mareanie (although any Water Type is problematic tbh). By getting rid of those Pokemon you can simply let Buizel click Wave Crash to kill 2-3 Pokemon. My Buizel runs Choice Band over Life Orb for better survivability but you could probably get away with running Life Orb (matter of personal preference). Psyduck runs tera Psychic to threathen Mienfoo and Timburr, alternative could be Grass to block Spore.

Rain has access to a lot more (and better) Rain sweepers.
Best: :Buizel: :Psyduck:
Usable: :Surskit: :Arrokuda: :Wattrel: :Wingull: :Croagunk:
Kinda? :Chewtle: :Finneon: :Lotad: :Corphish:
Bad: :Magikarp: :Feebas: :Poliwag:
Special mention to Corphish who is definitely good by its own right, but takes a Dragon Dance before it does much which isn't ideal. Should probably be used outside of rain.

Success I have had personally with these teams ordered:
  1. Hail. Used it a bunch on ladder, but also during Tournament.
  2. Sun. Charmander swept most of the games tbh.
  3. Rain. Suprisingly weak for the amount of abusers we have. Probably due to the amount of answers we have in LC through the likes of Foongus, Mareanie and Voltorb-Hisui.
  4. Sand. Personal enjoyment and ladder wins I would rank this 2nd. But deep down I know that any competent player should be able to pilot around it as long as theyre using 2/3 best Pokemon (Voltorb-Hisui, Mienfoo, Vullaby)

Last edited:

genisu

I COULD BE BANNED!
:impidimp: :shellder: :numel: :vullaby::diglett-alola: :drifloon:
Sample team?
https://pokepast.es/8f66f376a770234e
This is a team I have personally enjoyed using on ladder and have had some success using. Its easy to use and can easily top ladder if you get the hang of it(got me to 1500 before optimizations).
Writing this took me 1hr(my first time writing these) it was rlly fun as well as the teambuilding and optimizations taking 5-6 hrs ish? Drifting put this as a sample team :) its much easier to use then the other teams on the list. Beginners need HO!!!
Ty to Fille for formatting help
Any further optimizations can be sent to my dms currently spookygenisu on discord.
Shroodle HO
:impidimp:
Impidimp @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
Level: 5
Tera Type: Steel
EVs: 76 HP / 196 Def / 196 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Light Screen
- Reflect
- Parting Shot
- Dazzling Gleam

Explanation
Impidimp is one of the only pokemon in the tier with prankster, which allows it to always go first setting screens up, supporting the sweepers and helping them get the setup required. Tera Steel was chosen because It resists/is immune to all 3 of impidimps weaknesses. I maxed out its defensive stats and plugged the rest into speed. 0 ATK is used to take less damage from foul play(not common but optimal).
:shellder:
Shellder @ Eviolite
Ability: Skill Link
Tera Type: Ice
EVs: 236 Atk / 76 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Shell Smash
- Icicle Spear
- Rock Blast
- Liquidation

Explanation: This is the main wincon of the team and one of the best sweepers in the tier. Shell smash allows it to outspeed every scarfed pokemon in the tier besides voltorb(which is never seen). Liquidation hits common threats like Larvesta, Numel, and manages to 2HKO Koffing. Rock Blast is a powerful move that can hit Mareanie, Tera Fire Voltorb on predictions, A-shrew, Snover, and anything that might tera something weird that you dont want to hit with loquid or icicle. Finally, we have Icicle spear, which hits dragon, flying, grass, and ground types for super effective damage. Tera Ice is chosen because it permits shellder to OHKO mons of moderate bulk without super effectiveness.

Important Rolls:

VS Mienfoo before tera: +2 236+ Atk Shellder Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 20-25 (95.2 - 119%) -- approx. 6.3% chance to OHKO
After Tera:
+2 236+ Atk Tera Ice Shellder Icicle Spear (5 hits) vs. 0 HP / 196 Def Eviolite Mienfoo: 30-35 (142.8 - 166.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
Otherwise you can tera for a guaranteed KO on other mons that I forgot the rolls for.
:numel:
Numel @ Eviolite
Ability: Simple
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 116 Def / 236 SpA / 76 SpD / 76 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flame Charge
- Fire Blast
- Earth Power
- Growth

Explanation: Numel is an extremely powerful sweeper if you can fcharge and growth on it, killing a majority of the meta with OHKO's. Tera grass is used to counter water/ground moves, converting both of the weaknesses to resistances, as well as permitting setup on foongus. 76 speed evs are ran to outspeed every relevant mon(including scarf gothita) after just one boost. Flamethrower and earth power are powerful STAB attacks that are even further boosted by growth. I initially had tera-ghost to avoid mienfoos, but I'm finding that it doesnt change anything rlly and grass is more relevant.

Important Rolls(changed by fb>fthrower)
+2 236+ SpA Numel Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Vullaby: 16-21 (69.5 - 91.3%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 236+ SpA Numel Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 18-22 (85.7 - 104.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock and 1 layer of Spikes
I put a spike to simulate Numel's flamecharge on the Mienfoo.
Warning: DONT FCHARGE INTO A TEAM WITH VULLABY, CLEAR THE VULL BEFORE LETTING NUMEL COME IN.

:vullaby:
Vullaby @ Eviolite
Ability: Weak Armor
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 76 Def / 236 SpA / 196 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Tera Blast
- Endure

Vullaby is a HO staple that can setup freely on mons like mienfoo (the most popular mon in the tier). Weak armor is a great ability that counters its mid speed tier. The Ground Tera Type was chosen in order to be immune to elect moves, as its abusers (voltorb and wattrel) are the greatest bane to its existence. Nasty Plot helps it setup. Air slash is a powerful stab attack that hits many mons like Mienfoo and Timburr for huge damage). Terablast Ground allows it to hit steel and other flying resistant types for super effective damage. Finally, endure is a bit of a weird pick that guarantees a weak armor boost, further boosting speed, which can come in clutch. I maxed out its SPA, hit eviolite numbers and a good enough base speed.

Important Rolls
+2 236+ SpA Vullaby Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 36 SpD Eviolite Mienfoo: 30-36 (142.8 - 171.4%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 236+ SpA Vullaby Air Slash vs. 0 HP / 156 SpD Eviolite Timburr: 30-36 (125 - 150%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 236+ SpA Tera Ground Vullaby Tera Blast vs. 116 HP / 84 SpD Eviolite Tinkatink: 26-32 (113 - 139.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 236+ SpA Tera Ground Vullaby Tera Blast vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Glimmet: 60-72 (260.8 - 313%) -- guaranteed OHKO
:Diglett-Alola:
Diglett-Alola @ Focus Sash
Ability: Tangling Hair
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 36 HP / 236 Atk / 36 Def / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Memento
- Earthquake

Explanation: This is a HO Staple that is the fastest mon with stealth rock as well as having protect to not get sash broken by foo. It also has Memento to support Shellder, Numel, and Shroodle. Finally, I gave it STAB earthquake, which allows it to OHKO other common leads like Glimmet and Tinkatink. I maxed out speed in order to guarantee stealth rock and always get memento off on every mon besides Voltorb-H, Ground+Steel is a great typing that allows it to be immune to Tinkatinks T-Wave. Tera Ground is used just incase you ever REALLY need to kill Tinkatink T-1

Important Rolls
156 Atk Diglett-Alola Earthquake vs. 132 HP / 100 Def Eviolite Glimmet: 36-48 (156.5 - 208.6%) -- guaranteed OHKO
156 Atk Diglett-Alola Earthquake vs. 116 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Tinkatink: 14-20 (60.8 - 86.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
156 Atk Tera Ground Diglett-Alola Earthquake vs. 116 HP / 156+ Def Eviolite Tinkatink: 20-28 (86.9 - 121.7%) -- 93.8% chance to OHKO
:drifloon:
Drifloon @ Oran Berry
Ability: Unburden
Tera Type: Dragon
EVs: 116 Atk / 164 Def / 4 SpD / 196 Spe
Jolly Nature
IVs: 19 HP
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Memento
- Defog

Explanation: Last but not least, we have Drifloon. Drifloon carries acrobatics, a powerful stab attack that can hit fighting types for super effective damage. Will-o-wisp is used to cripple physical attackers that could cripple the rest of the team like Mienfoo, Meowth, Pawniard, and Nymble. Memento is ran to support the sweepers (espec shellder), and defog allows me to take off rocks/spikes on my side, ending Glimmet hazard stacks. Oranberry Unburden is a powerful combo allowing me to hit 34 speed upon activation, allowing me to outspeed every relevant presence in the metagame, even after scarfs. Tera Dragon allows me to 1v1 Voltorb-H as well as making me able to get defogs/mementos off vs it.

Last edited:
Wow, this is an amazing team write-up! I really appreciate the detailed explanations for each Pokemon, including their moveset, EV spreads, and Tera type choices. The effort you put into this is clear and it definitely shows.

genisu

I COULD BE BANNED!
Hi everyone, as all of the samples are now irrelevant as we enter the new meta post snivy ban I'd like to share a team ive been consistently high laddering with, to update our samples
https://pokepast.es/edb44ecc5b8e6faa
this team is based on oldgen SmashSpam that is a more fast paced team built around getting a sweeper in and winning!
I will write detailed usage tips if it is approved. Thanks to Drifting for doing this work
Drifting

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)