Super Spriting/Trainer Card/other art nonsense thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll do Giradon, but it's the fifth sprite on my increasingly long list to do. As for the Breloom Redraw, I'm a little iffy about another one. I'll see what I feel like when I get empty.

Current list:
1.GDN Scizor
2.GDN Cacturne
3.GDN Machamp
4.Giradon
5.Breloom (maybe)

Hmmmmm.......I've never tried anything outside of Recoloring/Fusions, so I could give it a shot, though I can't guarantee the result would be good.

I really should try some stuff outside of fusions.

Here's No.1 on the list mentioned in my last post. Blissmer really reminds me of the evil little girl in Finding Nemo, actually.

@1337: I would reccomend doing a different Poke' if you want to do a revamp. Revamps are changing a GB Pokemon sprite to make it look like a RSE/DPPt sprite. I don't think you'd be really doing anything revamping a RSE sprite to DPPt, since they utilize ~ the same style for spriting. If you want to use Milotic, I'd instead reccomend a Devamp, or the changing of a RSE/DPPt Poke' Sprite to make it look like a GSC/RBY Poke' Sprite.Just warning you ahead of time.

I'll continue working on the GD tomorrow.

'Night.

Originally Posted by Fat XandZero2
Current list:
1.GDN Scizor
2.GDN Cacturne
3.GDN Machamp
4.Giradon
5.Breloom (maybe)

They do have very close styles of spriting.
I realized that revamping a GBA sprite is basically a recolor after I finished putting the new colors of RSE Milotic.

I'm going to stick to fusions for now.

Blissmer looks demented. That grin is too scary and the ears are just weird. But it looks good regardless.
BTW, Dory wasn't evil. Just reeeeeeeealy stupid.

Ah man, this thread has changed drastically. there used to be sprites all over the place but now it's monotonous. It's like "SPRITE!! empty post empty post empty post empty post empty post empty post empty post empty post SPRITE!!"

DiamondDust said:
Ah man, this thread has changed drastically. there used to be sprites all over the place but now it's monotonous. It's like "SPRITE!! empty post empty post empty post empty post empty post empty post empty post empty post SPRITE!!"
I have nothing against all of you who frequent this thread, but DD is absolutely correct. If you have time to monitor every single new post, comment on new sprites, and make requests constantly, why not sprite instead? Then, when you've actually produced something, post it and make the additional comments you would have made during the time you were spriting. It's a good way to keep clutter to a minimum.

Ah yes, I wish more people would sprite. There's like 3 people here who sprite regularly (Fuzz, X&Z, and myself) and since Fuzz is on vacation, X&Z has a long list of things to do, and I am a beginner, there's little going on in this thread, which is boring. Which I don't like.
I would really like to see more sprites (and trainer cards/other nonsense, though trainer cards are pretty easy) in here.

I'm wondering, how many people do frequent this thread?

EDIT: Note to self: Work on Manectric + Flareon/Leafeon fusion.

Teh_1337ness said:
After a quick look at the sprites, that sounds like a hard fusion, especially with Seadra as a base. I could take a shot at it, but I might not finish it (Even if I do, the result won't be pretty).
Breloom as the base would be just as acceptable, I expect. Apologies for my lack of understanding as to what would make fusions difficult. I just picked two of my arbitrarily favourite Pokémon that I didn't think would be many other people's choices.

Here is my first EVER sprite blend.
It's not quite done yet, though, as you can probably see.

Front and back, as well as shiny because I can. :P
The "hair" and one wing remind me of Sephiroth, while the legs remind me of Pedobear. Is that a sign..?

Any critique? Compliments? Insults? Money? :D

The "hair" and one wing remind me of Sephiroth, while the legs remind me of Pedobear. Is that a sign..?

Any critique? Compliments? Insults? Money? :D
First of all NEVER EVER EVER!!! SAVE your sprites as jpeg!!!!!! it make the image blurry and you loose some colors, you should save it as png instead also a shiny sprite does not mean it is a sprite with contrast turned all the way down! I suggest you go here first before you start any spriting.

@Sponge: As previously stated, always save your sprites as PNG. JPG reduces color quality through blurring the colors together. As for the sprite itself, the shiny is the only thing wrong about it. For Shinies, you never press "invert colors". This swaps around the shading to make it lighter where it should be darker and vice versa. It also eradicates the black outline, which makes the Poke' look zapped by 1mill bolts, and that's not what you're trying for. For shiny recolors, you want to get a different color palette and fill with that. It requires more work, but it makes the shiny look a lot better. The sprite looks great, besides.

@1337: With Blissmer, I didn't mean Dory, I meant the Dentist's eeeevile feeshie-keeling Niece! That evil little girl.

@DD: I do try to post up a sprite whenever I comment, but, since I check back at the beginning of the Computer Hour, I prob. won't have another finished sprite. Thus, most of my posts are either long comments, (like this one) or single-sprite posts.

Breloom as the base would be just as acceptable, I expect. Apologies for my lack of understanding as to what would make fusions difficult. I just picked two of my arbitrarily favourite Pokémon that I didn't think would be many other people's choices.
You don't need to apologize, I was just saying that it would be hard.

The "hair" and one wing remind me of Sephiroth, while the legs remind me of Pedobear. Is that a sign..?Any critique? Compliments? Insults? Money? :D
If you want a negative version of the sprite, you have to do it so the shading is the same (as in it comes from the same light source as the nonnegative one) and the outline isn't screwed up.
@1337: With Blissmer, I didn't mean Dory, I meant the Dentist's eeeevile feeshie-keeling Niece! That evil little girl.
Oh. I totally knew that.
And what's the "computer hour?"

how do you even copy+paste these things from the computer? I want to work on spriting, but I can't. Would also help in the photo album thread...

how do you even copy+paste these things from the computer? I want to work on spriting, but I can't. Would also help in the photo album thread...
I suggest you go here first, it's a tutorial on spriting and it really helped me out when i started spriting. Also you need a image editing program even paint works i use gimp however... you shouldn't copy and paste sprites due to the black backround instead you should right click and click on save image as... and save all sprites as .png then you open the picture and start spriting! THe guide goes into much more detail however.

Oh. I totally knew that.
And what's the "computer hour?"
Yeah, sure ya' did... :)

As for the "Computer Hour", I take ten minute breaks after every hour of Painting, Spriting, Gaming, Reading, etc., meaning I have to sprite in one hour sessions. It's so that I won't go blind as fast... I don't need my eyes to get worse, 'cause it's not like I'm wearing glasses w/ half cm lenses. Seriously. My eyes are bad.

And here's my latest (and greatest, IMO) entry to the Gallade Dex so far, GDN:019, Scizor.

Comments and criticisms are welcome.

GND:019 looks a lot like a gallade with a scizor helmet and suit, but it looks terrific and also whatever happended to haunter/abomansnow all so long ago?

hey guys, which image hosting site is the best? photobucket, imageshack, etc? TIA
I use tinypic instead cuz your images always show up and you don't have to make an account this is because after browsing through pages and pages of sprites this ocassionally shows up : photobucket: sorry but this image has been deleted or moved by the user also posting pictures from image shack is more confusing just use tiny pic copy and paste the IMG Code for Forums & Message Boards such as
which is in the format of a http://... with [ img ]around it sorry about the spaces but without them it would show up as a picture...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)