Super Smash Bros. Brawl Discussion #2 (spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not a fan of having a projectile move that can fuck up.

And Rocketbarrel Boost confuses me. Are you allowed to fly, or is it like Fire-Fox?
I'm guessing it's like Fire Fox, except you can control how much it charges, which may make it a little better for getting back if your opponent is camping the ledge. Won't save him from any needle abuse, unfortunately...

And Rocketbarrel Boost confuses me. Are you allowed to fly, or is it like Fire-Fox?
Might work like Wings of Icarus more than Fire Fox.

I still think Diddy's going to be a cool character. Though I do like the touch of originality and hilarity that comes with your special attacks having a chance to backfire, there's just something of having your Rocketbarrel Packs falling off mid-flight when you're trying to recover that leaves me with an ill taste in my mouth.

The Peanut Popgun is ok though. I had thought it was going to be rapid-fire like Fox's Blaster, but this version seems more original. My only real concern with it is that if the shell breaks and releases an edible peanut, the opponent will most likely get it before you (unless the peanut in question flies to the other side of the map somehow once released).

Is it just me, or are all of Diddy Kong's B Moves going to have a chance to backfire? His Peanut Shooter can explode on him and his Rocketbarrels can fall off mid flight.
I really dont see what's so bad about them. His guns only blow up on him if you charge it too long, kinda like how you hurt yourself if you charge Roy's Blade. And your jetpacks only fall off if you get hit. From what I'm guessing, his recovery will be pretty darn good if you charge them up so it's just a way of balancing out the system. You lose your recovery (shortly) when you get hit as any character, not just Diddy, anyways.

But it was a dull update.

And your jetpacks only fall off if you get hit.
Smash Bros. DOJO!! said:
If you get attacked while riding your Rocketbarrel Blast, you’ll lose your barrels...and they can sometimes go flying away on their own.
Oh yes, and Metaknight. He had to be confirmed eventually, but considering the fact that we already knew about him and his moves prior to this update, it doesn't really excite me.

But hey, Metaknight himself is cool, and that's good enough.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I WANT SNAKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

also this has been floating around the internet:

Kinda lame that they added Metaknight... it makes me wonder if he'll still be an unlockable character (unless that's already been confirmed and I'm just a dumbass).

The "concept" boxart is sort of want... it looks nice but it sort of doesn't get the "we're all fucking in this game, and we're all fucking FIGHTING!" vibe.

There are chances that cover could be real or is totally fake?. I'm not well informed.

And well, for all these that bitched about Meta Knight's profile, there he is finally.

makiri

My vast and supreme will shall be done!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past SPL Championis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
I was thinking about the Nintendo World trailer, and I started to wonder, when will he talk about the crawling mechanic, I'm really interested in that.

Steelicks

Come here and Battle me!
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
meta knight is the coolest character ever, seriously. i mean, he just looks so badass in those shots. he's too cool to be a kirby character

his gloves have stitches in them! i'm loving the graphics for ssbb, lol.

anyways, its about time meta knight is shown, i was getting kind of worried. awesome pictures as always.

Originally Posted by Fat Smash Bros. DOJO!!
If you get attacked while riding your Rocketbarrel Blast, you’ll lose your barrels...and they can sometimes go flying away on their own.
One could interpret that as, "If you get attacked while riding your Rocketbarrel Blast, your jump will be cancelled...and sometimes your barrels will even fall off and go flying away on their own!"

Which of course means it only falls off on occasional HITS (falling off = it acts as an item) as opposed to just randomly.

As to Metaknight, cool as he is, that was a really bland update. We've been given more information on him than most characters already; this update was really just a formality and brought nothing new to the table.

Except for the last screenshot. Is he about to do his up-B there? He's got a Fire Fox-lookin' ring around him. Does that mean he'll have a small charge-up period sort of like Fox?

Except for the last screenshot. Is he about to do his up-B there? He's got a Fire Fox-lookin' ring around him. Does that mean he'll have a small charge-up period sort of like Fox?
That's what I was thinking when I saw that. If it is, it hopefully will be a bit shorter in charge-time than fox's.

I hope we get a better update in the next two days, I've been kind of disappointed this week thus far.

Firestorm

I did my best, I have no regrets!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
There are chances that cover could be real or is totally fake?. I'm not well informed.
It's the placeholder art. GameCrazy and eStarland have it up on their websites.

I hear talk of a Nintendo press event today that features games from September-December.
That was over yesterday night (Japan, September 5th).
- new DS colour for Japan (black/red that we have in Brain Age 2 bundle)
- Mario Galaxy Japanese release date
- Mario Party DS Japanese release date
- ASH Japanese release date
- Literature Collection DS announced (Japan)

Super Mario Galaxy will be released across the world on the same week btw.

The fourth screen looks like meta knight is landing from something. Well, imo. The first looks like a taunt, which is meh. They gave him such a generic ftilt, too (it looks like an ftilt, anyway). Well, hopefully it'll have good knockback, and can be used for edgeguarding.

if this means Meta Knight is a starting character, I think it makes the chances of Dedede being an unlockable a little bit greater.

StrangerDanger

RETURN TO COMPETITIVE POKEMON ISLAND
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
if this means Meta Knight is a starting character, I think it makes the chances of Dedede being an unlockable a little bit greater.
Counter-argument is that now because Bosses have been revealed, chances of Dedede being one of them is just as great. But let's not divulge into that.

Anyone else miss Sonuis?

Counter-argument is that now because Bosses have been revealed, chances of Dedede being one of them is just as great. But let's not divulge into that.
I really think you should look at the polls and maybe the creator the Kirby series.

Anyway nice to see Metaknight updated as last..

Sonuis

Doofenshmirtz Evil Incorporated!
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Anyone else miss Sonuis?
Oh, I'm still here. I'm just sick of seeing people ignore the very long post at the beginning of this topic. That's why I'm not posting as much. So, until people realize that characters already revealed on the Website will be openers, I'm not going to be so active. Not to mention that people are starting to theorize what characters will be in it again. So pisses me off when people talk about that.

Though, I do like the update with Meta Knight's profile.

Though, this picture is just rad. That's right, I said rad! RAD! It's cool enough he's attacking, but the fact that the colors look like Saturn's rings after his swipe so fit the stage. The jumping one is good too, but not like this. Also, stitching.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)