SV OU Sun Awakened

Walking Wake just dropped and he awakened not only Torkoal's and Sun's usage, but also me from my Pokèmon battling slumber, so here we go

This is the most average sun team adapted to roid suicune but it's hella fun so I'm here.

:sv/walking wake:
Walking Wake @ Choice Specs
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 244 SpA / 12 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Steam
- Draco Meteor
- Flamethrower
- Dragon Pulse / Sleep Talk

dude is too strong, evs for speed boost under sun so you teach a lesson to every spatk boosting walking wake players out there and smoke everything with super balanced tera water hydro steam. literally cooks everything even resists and does >50% to tera water himself. dpulse for late game where you need dragon stab, sleep talk can be heat if you feel wild switching this into loom trying to spore torkoal.

:sv/torkoal:
Torkoal @ Heat Rock
Ability: Drought
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Yawn
- Body Press Rapid Spin

you need this guy to make him work so here we go, standard stuff with yawn and rocks. having 3 lines on this pokemon is really hard. tera flying only for safety if you ever need to smoke opposing choiced roaring moons or just grab a turn against tusk or something. if you find bp useless you can get protect or rest for utility. Added spin to the mix to relief pressure off tusk and because i didnt particularly need another move tbh

:sv/hatterene:
Hatterene @ Eject Button
Ability: Magic Bounce
Tera Type: Fairy
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 Spe
Bold Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Dazzling Gleam
- Nuzzle Mystical Fire

standard offensive magic bounce pivot stuff with healing wish and nuzzle for support. nuzzle can be turned into mystical fire since you're in sun to bait corvi but the rest of the team cooks steel types already so alas. i never tera with this guy but i put fairy just in case because fairy > psychic typing. evs i just copied them idk what they do (forgive me i've literally been playing sv ou only for a couple days)

:sv/roaring moon:
Roaring Moon @ Choice Scarf
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
- U-turn

this for speed control, ik band with tweaked evs is a thing but i like having scarf outside of sun if i ever need to. x1.3 from protosynthesis is already good enough especially if you can get to a late game clean with tera dark crunch. very useful defensively as well with ghost resist, psychic immunity with special bulk. roaring moon does roaring moon things pretty reliably.

:ss/great tusk:
Great Tusk @ Rocky Helmet
Tera Type: Fire
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Rapid Spin
- Bulk Up

landorus-tusk is here - to the shock of exactly nobody - to provide support removal. tera fire + bu to try and handle volcarona in a pinch if i ever need, good alternative is tera water. evs could be much better but generally being fast has been useful to me more times than anything else. him and torkoal are mandatory on sv ou sun teams.

:sv/ceruledge:
Ceruledge @ Focus Sash
Ability: Flash Fire
Tera Type: Grass
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bitter Blade
- Shadow Sneak
- Solar Blade Tera Blast

this was put in as a filler but i realized how much of a goat the cerulagent is. tera grass solar blade tera blast cooks tusks and bulky water types like dondozo even outside of sun so that roaring moon, tera water wake and also himself and tusk have a chance to clean up. smoking tusk also means rocks are staying up to break sashes and make sure you win with the onslaught of damage this team can dish out.

this team is very basic, very simple, but also very powerful and fun to use until wake gets banned. let me know what you think of this if you care or want, anyway have fun with this monster of a pokemon :walking wake:
see ya

EDIT: thanks to JuanSeM for reminding me, this is the TEAM. i did make a few adjustments after playing a bit more with the team, most notably tera blast over solar blade for more flexibility.

Last edited:

MurderousMantyke

What sʇᴉɯᴉ⅂?
I played several games but I did not get the using of hatterene at all...
Hatt serves as a pivot (something you can swap in to attacks and not lose momentum) that can instantly swap to a teammate via eject button. This will usually mean bringing in frailer offensive pokemon that use that free switch to get kills -- in this case, Roaring Moon and WWake. Outside of this role, it deters hazard setters thanks to Magic Bounce, and its high SpAtk, access to nuzzle, and coverage for steels makes it hard to switch into or attack without sacrificing or crippling a Mon. Hatt just fixes a lot of issues that Sun tends to struggle with (hazards + bringing in offensive breakers due to torkoal's passivity) making it an absolute must.

I played several games but I did not get the using of hatterene at all...
hat is more of a glue mon than an active team player if that makes sense. games with this type of team don't last very long because you either out offense your opponent or you get outmanouvered. eject button hat is a swiss army knife fix to the stability of sun teams. this ability to fall back on hat to bounce back hazards or generate momentum is huge, so huge in fact that what i'm thinking next is trying headlong rush + eject pack on tusk to get a similar positioning tool that's more offensive.

Hatt serves as a pivot (something you can swap in to attacks and not lose momentum) that can instantly swap to a teammate via eject button. This will usually mean bringing in frailer offensive pokemon that use that free switch to get kills -- in this case, Roaring Moon and WWake. Outside of this role, it deters hazard setters thanks to Magic Bounce, and its high SpAtk, access to nuzzle, and coverage for steels makes it hard to switch into or attack without sacrificing or crippling a Mon. Hatt just fixes a lot of issues that Sun tends to struggle with (hazards + bringing in offensive breakers due to torkoal's passivity) making it an absolute must.
^ this

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)