SM Ubers SuMo Ubers First Go

So with SuMo among us I've taken an interest in pokemon again, and first thing I did was return to my favourite tier. So far I'm enjoying the changes SuMo has given us. Latis are gone, Primal Groudon isn't as good as before, (albeit it's still the best mon in the tier but it's a bit more manageable now) and my favourite pokemon has found more use in this tier to go wild. I'm a mediocore player by far and SuMo hasn't been around as long as ORAS obviously but I'm hoping it grows into a better metagame than ORAS. Anyway enough about that here's the team:

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SpA / 84 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

This is the pokemon I'm trying to build around. Here I'm using the old ORAS Calm Mind set. With the Lati twins gone it has a bit more breathing room, that and the new uber mons aren't really prepared to deal with this guy outside of Wild Charge Solgaleo. Whenever Primal Groudon switches out I can either Calm Mind or simply wack something hard with Origin Pulse. Thunder is for Kyogre dittos and finishing off weakened opponents so I won't have to worry about Origin Pulse's shaky accuracy. Ice Beam is for all those dragons out there and is just a reliable coverage move. That and it allows me to wear down Primal Groudon repeatedly.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Power Construct
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Glare

This is another one of my favourite legendaries and oh boy it does not disappoint. I've gone completely defensive with this guy since he acts a check for Primal Groudon, Solgaleo, Ho-Oh, and nearly every other physical attacker in the game. Thousand Arrows is the only attacking move he needs, allowing him to hurt the likes of Primal Groudon, Solgaleo, and Ho-Oh. Dragon Tail is to stop phasers and pass along SR damage to the opposing team, allowing it's other teammates to sweep easier. It can sleep in the face of any passive mon or physical attacker to get it's health back. I chose Glare over Sleep Talk since it allows me to paralyze ground types and to stop any dancing Groudons as well as parahaxing the opponent, allowing me to rest and get my health back.

Groudon @ Red Orb
Ability: Drought
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Precipice Blades
- Roar
- Lava Plume

I really shouldn't have to explain what this guy does. He does the same shit he's been doing for the past few years now, setting up rocks, scaring Kyogre and Xerneas, and trying to burn shit with Lava Plume. (It hasn't burned anything yet btw) It also helps VS Solgaleo as well so that's a thing to. I roar off Xerneas' boosts with this thing, opting to choose Roar over Thunder Wave since the latter got nerfed. Earthquake doesn't satisfy my damage lust so I go in with Precipice Blades. Straight forward mon overall. Makes it so you can only work with 5 mons instead of 6. Long story short I don't like this thing.

Gengar-Mega @ Gengarite
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Focus Blast
- Hex
- Sludge Wave

Fun mon, never really used this mega before until now. I went with the Hex set since between Glare and Lava Plume burns the opponent's team should be easy pickings by the time this guy comes out. Not only that I needed another pokemon that could threaten Xern so that's another reason why I picked Mega Gengar.

The EV spread allows it to go all in and do as much damage as possible, and max speed practically ensures that it will hit at least once. Will-O-Wisp is there for Ekiller so it can't force a switch out, and Focus Blast is there to hurt it. Not only that if I can get a burn off a mon then Hex will do more damage. Sludge Wave is obligatory posion STAB, allowing it to body Xerneas and if I'm lucky will grant a poisoned status effect.

Arceus-Dark @ Dread Plate
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Defog

So by this point I've realized a few things. One of them is that I don't have any real solid answers to Lunala and Giratina-O, I obivously don't want to be switching Gengar in on either one of them. Another thing is that I lacked a defogger, and the third thing I noticed is that I don't have an Arceus forme. Darkceus allows me to solve all three of these problems at the same time!

252 HP allows decent longevity on both sides, and max speed ensures I'll usually get to do something first and that I'll speed tie with other Arceus formes. Judgement is my obligatory STAB move. Recover allows extra longevity and makes it more reliable for defogging. Calm Mind a useful filler move; granting more bulk on the special side and giving Judgement more power to work with. This guy will demolish Lunala with Shadow Shield down and deal with other Ghost types. Plus Psychic immunity is always nice.

Xerneas @ Fairium Z
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 116 HP / 140 Def / 252 SpA
- Geomancy
- Moonblast
- Focus Blast
- Aromatherapy

I feel like this EV spread could be better but so far it has been working. Max SpA to ensure maximum damage. I choose to focus on it's physical defenses since Geomancy Z will boost SpD twice over. Moonblast is the obligatory STAB move of choice, mowing down anything in the deer's path. Focus Blast is to hit Primal Groudon, Solgaleo, and other targets neutrally. Aromatherapy is to stop any status moves that were used on Xerneas while it was setting up, and to free any other teammates of ailements. However this is just a filler move, and I might replace it with another coverage move in the future. Geomancy Z allows it to do great damage to opposing teams but I'm thinking it might be better to use Power Herb instead. Xerneas usually comes in late game anyway so by then it's checks and counters will most likely been worn down if I've been playing correctly.

So there is my first team right there. While I'm not sure if it's a good team or not I can say that it's fun for me to play with. SuMo is a really fun time for ubers imo and I can't wait to see what the future brings for it.

Bump, also.

that's a really cool team there 2NOus Prime. It is pretty solid. I was thinking of going sludge bomb>sludge wave on gengar for a greater chance of poisoning the target, thus making hex stronger.
I suppose this could be a option, I just never really considered it since I've been throwing Mega Gengar at already weakened opponents.

Hai there.
I agree that Primal Kyogre is a cool / decent threat in the actual metagame due the Soul Dew and this build seems interesting. However, the team has some noticeable weaknesses which don't allow it to act efficient at all and struggles in high ladder.

I want to start by talking about Zygarde. As you said, Zygarde is your main answer to opposing Primal Groudon and some others physical threats, though, sometimes Zygarde isn't capable to properly check Primal Groudon since it loses against the SD variants and even worse, if Zygarde is asleep it turns into a setup fodder increasing the chances that an offensive Primal Groudon will end up sweeping your team.
The next flaw I noticed is the team lacks of Xerneas checks and hazards are very annoying, this is because you don't have the help from a solid Defogger. The main role of Arceus-Dark is deal against Psychic- and Ghost-types and I feel that you gave it Defog because you didn't know where to place it. The lack of recovery plus the entry hazards support make Primal Groudon easy to wear down leaving it in Hidden Power Ground / Moonblast range from foe Xerneas at +2 which means that after losing your only Xerneas check, this huge threat becomes nearly unstoppable.

~The following suggestions can help you to improve the matchup against the aforementioned threats~

I would like to emphasize that this team needs a better and solid Defogger but I want to keep Arceus-Dark on the team since its role is very helpful so I suggest you to replace Mega Gengar with Giratina-O. Tina-O can play two useful roles here; it's a reliable Defog user that can also check Ekiller or even act as a buffer versus Ground-types and it can also deal decent damage with Hex if opposing Pokemon are infected by status conditions.
The implement of a new Defogger leaves Darkceus with a free moveslot, I'd rather use Sludge Bomb to lure opposing Xerneas but I know that this change doesn't help as much against this huge threat thus I was thinking the best way to check Xerneas is having the help of a Steel-type.
You said your second favourite legendary on the team is Zygarde and I honestly don't want to break the synergy of your team but I feel that Xerneas doesn't usually find the right moment to boost with Z-Geomancy and you desesperatly need the support from a Steel-type so I recommend take out Xerneas and use a special defensive Steel-type such as Bronzong.
I'd like to mention a few benefits that Bronzong has:
  • It can set up Stealth Rock, thanks to this you can use an offensive bulky spread on Primal Groudon!
  • It learns Skill Swap which can help the team vs Mega Sableye stall and even HO Mega Salamence.
  • Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon wouldn't be an issue as you have Zygarde who can take hits and recover its health but I suggest Sleep Talk over Glare in order to pressure opponent's team!

Now, the team looks more solid and balanced! You have both primals, the special offensive (Primal Kyogre) and the physical offensive one (Primal Groudon), you aren't longer weak to Xerneas and you have the help from a great Defog user.

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Def / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Skill Swap

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 104 HP / 172 Atk / 136 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Dragon Claw / Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Sludge Bomb

Hope I helped, good luck with you team!:heart:

Hai there.
I agree that Primal Kyogre is a cool / decent threat in the actual metagame due the Soul Dew and this build seems interesting. However, the team has some noticeable weaknesses which don't allow it to act efficient at all and struggles in high ladder.

I want to start by talking about Zygarde. As you said, Zygarde is your main answer to opposing Primal Groudon and some others physical threats, though, sometimes Zygarde isn't capable to properly check Primal Groudon since it loses against the SD variants and even worse, if Zygarde is asleep it turns into a setup fodder increasing the chances that an offensive Primal Groudon will end up sweeping your team.
The next flaw I noticed is the team lacks of Xerneas checks and hazards are very annoying, this is because you don't have the help from a solid Defogger. The main role of Arceus-Dark is deal against Psychic- and Ghost-types and I feel that you gave it Defog because you didn't know where to place it. The lack of recovery plus the entry hazards support make Primal Groudon easy to wear down leaving it in Hidden Power Ground / Moonblast range from foe Xerneas at +2 which means that after losing your only Xerneas check, this huge threat becomes nearly unstoppable.

~The following suggestions can help you to improve the matchup against the aforementioned threats~

I would like to emphasize that this team needs a better and solid Defogger but I want to keep Arceus-Dark on the team since its role is very helpful so I suggest you to replace Mega Gengar with Giratina-O. Tina-O can play two useful roles here; it's a reliable Defog user that can also check Ekiller or even act as a buffer versus Ground-types and it can also deal decent damage with Hex if opposing Pokemon are infected by status conditions.
The implement of a new Defogger leaves Darkceus with a free moveslot, I'd rather use Sludge Bomb to lure opposing Xerneas but I know that this change doesn't help as much against this huge threat thus I was thinking the best way to check Xerneas is having the help of a Steel-type.
You said your second favourite legendary on the team is Zygarde and I honestly don't want to break the synergy of your team but I feel that Xerneas doesn't usually find the right moment to boost with Z-Geomancy and you desesperatly need the support from a Steel-type so I recommend take out Xerneas and use a special defensive Steel-type such as Bronzong.
I'd like to mention a few benefits that Bronzong has:
  • It can set up Stealth Rock, thanks to this you can use an offensive bulky spread on Primal Groudon!
  • It learns Skill Swap which can help the team vs Mega Sableye stall and even HO Mega Salamence.
  • Ho-Oh and Primal Groudon wouldn't be an issue as you have Zygarde who can take hits and recover its health but I suggest Sleep Talk over Glare in order to pressure opponent's team!

Now, the team looks more solid and balanced! You have both primals, the special offensive (Primal Kyogre) and the physical offensive one (Primal Groudon), you aren't longer weak to Xerneas and you have the help from a great Defog user.

Kyogre @ Blue Orb
Modest Nature
- Calm Mind
- Thunder
- Ice Beam
- Origin Pulse

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Impish Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Dragon Tail
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Giratina-Origin @ Griseous Orb
EVs: 252 Def / 244 SpA / 12 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hex
- Draco Meteor
- Will-O-Wisp
- Defog

Bronzong @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Skill Swap

Groudon @ Red Orb
EVs: 104 HP / 172 Atk / 136 SpD / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Precipice Blades
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Dragon Claw / Stone Edge

Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Calm Mind
- Sludge Bomb

Hope I helped, good luck with you team!:heart:
I like these changes, although I don't mind changing Zygarde if it would make the team that much better. Thank you for putting the time into help me, I really appreciate it!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)