Sucker Punchin' rocks (KANTO CUP GIVEAWAY)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Albus

The Triumphant
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello everybody! Due to the hype of the Kanto Cup and the lack of a dumb Pentagon restriction, there are some really good past-gen exclusives that not everyone has access to; so what I'll do here? Help the people that are unable to get this goodies themselves! I'll start with giving away a Sucker Punch Golem, which will be a very powerful 'mon in the tournament and Sucker Punch makes it even better; its also already EV Trained for your convenience. So what do you have to do? read these simple rules below and you'll get your Golem.

RULES:

1. You MUST post here.

2. This giveaway will be done via GTS. It will be done in a first come, first serve basis so I won't take reservations; NO EXCEPTIONS.

3. Deposit ANY Shuppet asking for a Lv.41-50 Golem with the message "AlbusSmogon".

Then you must specify the gender/Level of said Shuppet and your IGN in your post to make things easier for me to find. (If you were from the ones that posted a small story that haven't received the Golem yet, feel free to edit your post/PM me with the Shuppet's specifications).

5. If your Shuppet gets sniped or something like that, feel free to let me know and I'll do whatever it takes to give you your Golem.

6. If you don't follow the rules, I'll ignore your post.

Without further ado, let's go!

#076 - Golem
| Lv.50

OT: Albus / 00284
IVs: 31 / 31 / 31 / 22 / 31 / 31
Nature:
Adamant
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Moves: Stone Edge / Earthquake / Stealth Rock / Sucker Punch
Notes:
RNG abused by me in my SoulSilver. Its nicknamed "Da Dudette". This Golem is Redistributable, which means that if you get it from here you can trade it with whoever you want!
Stock: 2

Shroud
Ayra
Gabe
leathal6
Orewayoshi

Alex Mateia
sater10
Artic
phongnn2008

JeffreyEindhoven
n.n rattata
Unmasked Bandit
BSSfisher

ngthunganh
Hare_vs_Tortoise
ParadiseEon
chubb-o-wubb
Lucariomaster2
Maximum Optimizer
LLeonard

Last edited:
My favorite Pokemon game was and still is Emerald for many reasons. First of all, it's the game that taught me English very well which helped me in my English courses. Second of all, and most importantly it was the game that brought my friends together. I still remember spending an entire weekend fishing for Feebas so we could get an Milotic and complete our Pokedex. Oh man, this was such a chore haha. Finally we got our hands on one! This meant that we could go to Prof. Birch and choose one the Jotho starters (one very cool feature for Emerald). Emerald was a big part of my youth and will always have a special place in my heart. Golem is a very nice Pokemon, its actually one of the members of my original Fire Red team (my first Pokemon game, except back then I didn't know it could only evolve by trading haha) My IGN is Dion and my friend code is: 0963 1901 3825. Thanks in advance!

My favorite Pokemon game is Pokemon Platinum. The plot was so much deeper than previous generations and the weather improvements greatly enhanced the feel of the game. Cynthia was a perfect champion - simultaneously graceful and tough. I really enjoyed the addition of snow and want to see that in future games. Plus, it was the game I played when I first became an active member of the wifi forum. I learned how to RNG abuse on it and in a way I made a lot of friends here because of it.

Uhh, we trade a lot anyway but my FC is 0018-4562-8538 and my IGN is Gabe.

My favorite Pokemon game would be emerald. It was the one that "pulled" me into the Pokemon universe. The game itself was fantastic, great play through, lots of Pokemon and great legendaries but it was the post game that led me to investigate further. After countless hours of 5-10 win steaks in the battle tower I had to find out how to "beat the game". What I found was world filled with formulas, breeding guides, damage calculators, etc. I was hooked! As I bred and trained my next team I found an enjoyment that I NEVER had in any other game. I never " beat the game" but I have been trying ever since!
Thank you for the opportunity to acquire your golem.
IGN: lethal6
FC:2981-6610-5462

My favorite pokemon game would be Pearl!! It's the first pokemon game I played till the game time got to the max! I really enjoyed the new pokemons, especially the evolution added to the previous pokemons! (Porygon-Z etc~) What makes this game special compared to emerald etc is that I started playing alot more competitively and started using a variety of moves, as well as breeding many types of pokemon! I also loved the underground so much, and I'd troll around with my friends! The improvement in graphics was quite a shock for me back then! (Though the Gen6 graphical improvement is shocking too!) Oh and I forgot to mention that I'd play with the "wii battle Revolution" game so it was essential for me to breed on pearl! Hence spent the most amount of time on pearl~
Thank you for the golem!
IGN: ヨシキ
FC: 4184 5305 2694

I can't really decide which game is my favourite. I love all generations with all my heart. They all gave me great experiences and feelings I can't ever forget and I wish that when GF said that when everything comes together in pokemon sun and moon they ment that they are bringing many features back like headbutting trees, pokemon following you, trainer costumisation, soaring etc. If I really had to choose a game I would say the BW saga since I really like it a lot despite the popular opinion for its story pokemon and characters. And hg/ss is a close second.
IGN Alex
FC 1478-4558-2996

speak of best game of pokemon, i think they are best at same level. but, i think i have interest more on pokemon emerald. well, i just feel enjoying when play it. from emerald also i just realize that mudkip is the one, beside charmander of course. i always play it every day every time, until i forgot to take meals or even sleep. what makes me enjoy it so much? well, i think the story of emerald is great when in ordinary pokemon game you only fought one villain group, yet you fought against two villain groups which makes villain-battling experience becoming more, and more exciting. not only that, you can also get in-game legendaries up to three legendaries. i think emerald has best offer for third version pokemon game compared to platinum.

IGN :Sato
FC : 0362-0470-8679

If I have to pick a favorite game, I'll have to pick Pokemon Sapphire. It was the first pokemon game I played, and I enjoyed learning about pokemon a lot! It also marks the biggest improvement from one gen to another imo. There are multiple things I just love about Hoenn. First of all, it's the music. Not only the melodies etc, but the actual instruments sounds fantastic. Secondly, it's the region. So much variety, both on land and on water! It also feels very "connected", and it doesn't feel as quadratic as, say, Kanto. Thirdly, it's the story! I absolute love everything about it, and I love how connected the legends are to the story. You also get to know the champion and some of the gym leaders during the story. Lastly, and surprisingly significant, is the legends, or more accurately, how you get to the legends. The braille thing with the regis, and the match bike with rayquaza was just insane. It jut oozes epicness. When I was younger, I didn't read guides etc at the internet, so you can imagine the thrilling feeling when I realized those were probably brailles, and when my friend told me about the sky pillar for the first time. Taking into account when the game was released, It is probably my favorite game. Platinum and B/W comes close behind, but they both have some flaws imo.

FC: 2036 7622 1628
IGN: Henning

Thanks in advance for the Golem, it really helps!

My first interaction with Pokemon is Pokemon Red in ~1998. At that time, I did not know any English. Sometimes, I got stuck in game. The only way to get through was to ask a "pro" friend to help you... Haha good time it was. After that my life got distracted and I stopped playing since. Fast forward to 2015, when I got my first job after graduation, I used my first month salary to buy a second hand 3DS XL with pokemon X, then eventually move on to AS. My favorite pokemon is definitely AS game. I am amazed the changes compared to the very first generation I played: the graphics, IV/EV, Latio fly, the two bikes, etc... Some new pokemons look a bit weird, but overall, I really like what GameFreak is doing with the game in general.

IGN: Silver
FC: 5343-8579-5235

First off, excuse me for English grammer.. My favorite game has to be Emerald. I got a extremely powerfull team, so i thought at the moment, with Ludacriss (Ludicolo) and Hero (Heracross) as my powerhouses. Before Emerald, Yellow was my favorite all because of the walking Pikachu. But being more serious about iv and much easier ev training in XY, my Ludicolo and Heracross weren't that good. But the memory is more important, and I'm currently re-living my childhood with the pokemon Yellow edition in de E-shop. As I'm writing this, I'm not so sure if I have a favorite game, as every game has some memories which make me smile, or shed a little tear (1-hit KO shiny Abra..)

Anyway;
IGN: Jeffrey
FC: 4227-2139-1196

Thanks in advance!

n.n rattata

Banned deucer.
My favourite game has to be Diamond. I was jealous of my friends playing, so I bought my own game. At first, I got a "small" help from my friend, he offered to level up my starter, Chimchar to level 50! This was before the first badge, I still have the memories of my Infernape disobeying me, CC spam was cool, though! My favourite memory is solo-ing the E4 w/ my Infernape (didn't know how to play the game!) and defeating Cynthia! It was fun. I used to have this Infernape on my aS file which corrupted this Summer, oh well.

FC: 5086-2509-3029
IGN: Jonathan
Thanks!

My favorite Pokemon game is the original Blue Version. I remember watching the anime on TV before the games were released. I had to wait a few months after release to finally get Pokemon Blue. My neighbor had Red, so we were able to help each other out. I remember using my master ball on Zapdos while he used his on Articuno. His Articuno was a higher level than mine, so I needed a critical hit to win. Whoever won between the birds ended up winning the match. Blue is my favorite mostly because of nostalgia.

FC: 5300-8240-6973
IGN: Justin
Thank you!

My favorite Pokémon game was Pokémon Blue, solely based on it being my first game. I remember leveling up Squirtle to get Blastoise before misty, and used just it and Nidoking the entire game. Destroying team rocket, gambling on solta for hours and getting lost surfing to Articuno, Blue was the reason I got into Pokemon and videogames in general. Golem and Machamp were two Pokémon I wanted very much, but by the time I traded for them I was just filling out the dex.

IGN: Max
FC: 3797-9471-0553

I truly appreciate the giveaway, Golem should get way more love.

Well,my english suck so I don't think I can write it long...My favorite pokemon I think it is pokemon sapphire,it also my first pokemon game.I bought it along with my game boy advance in 2010.It not even new gba,it only old one because I still a kid and don't have much money.I have play it until now and it got total 600+ hour play .I can't forget that game because it is why I become pokemon fan.I still have much to talk but I don't know how to write it by word so maybe this will be the end.Thank for reading!!!
IGN:Anh
Fc:4571-0545-4251

Hard to choose which is my favourite game as I like all of them from Gen 4 onwards. Really like ORAS because of the Dexnaving and how easy it makes getting harder chain egg moves. It was massive buzz being in on the ground floor so to speak of the introduction of X/Y and no-one having any spoilers; ended up taking release day off for that and playing the entire weekend as well as hunting safaris (most of which I still have). Heartgold is also up there as that is the first game that I made it past E4 and then there's B/W where I got started with the DBHA collection bug.

Overall though I think my answer has to be Platinum as it was dumb luck and a spare cart that a work colleague gave me that introduced me to the whole world of Pokemon and got me hooked trying to figure out what I was supposed to do. Without it I wouldn't be playing either VG or TCG, definitely wouldn't have gone to Nationals and even more importantly wouldn't have gotten involved with a great community.

IGN: Konowa3
FC: 2337 4440 4499

Your question is quite difficult for an indecisive person like me, to be honest. XD

The question has been asked by my friend many times, and I normally just give two answers instead, because choosing one over another always seem like a betrayal for me.

The first contender is HeartGold/SoulSilver. Gen 2 is my very first gen, the generation that introduce me to Pokemon. The game revives my memories of playing the game for the first time as a seven-year-old, clutching the borrowed Gameboy Color tightly, eyes glued to the scene. Pokemon is my favorite game series, and while I was still young at that time, when I play this game, the familiarity just bring a smile to my face. It is like revisiting a fond memory of mine and finding that lost carefree piece of myself again. The feature of my leading Pokemon following me is a huge boon, because it really feels like we are in the journey together. Together with the oriental feel Johto is giving out that I have always loved, I always find the region beautiful. Of course, the lengthened story of 16 gyms does not hurt as well.

The second one is going to be Platinum. Since I borrow the GBC off someone, my mother later returned it. And I was left without Pokemon for years. When I got my DS, when I searched for a game to play, I saw people recommending Pokemon. I never knew it was the series that got me hooked years ago. Until I took a look at the combat system again. Sinnoh will forever remain my favorite region with its ever graceful Champion, soothing and various scenery, and most of all, being the region that brings me back to world of Pokemon again. Plus, Distortion World and Battle Frontier are in it, which my friend and I shared beloved memories. And there is my favorite Pokemon, Dialga, together with Shinx, that are native to the region.

There are BW2 and ORAS that I enjoyed very much as well, but the special meanings behind those two cannot be overcome and forgotten.

IGN: Sapphire
FC: 5301-1819-7692

My favorite must be Sapphire. I liked that you could trade any pokemon to it before beating the game, so I played it through using mono teams. I specifically remember beating it with a mono bug team consisting of armaldo, masquerain, shedinja, ariados, heracross and volbeat. It was fun using shedinja to beat Steven, although I had to reset if he used spikes at all. The only other time i had that fun of a run was a bug run in crystal, taking Lance down with a special attacking ledian.

Ign: Sarah
FC: 0061 0322 0852

Albus

The Triumphant
So, due to time constraints with my uni, some bad timezone differences with some of the winners and because I'm an idiot and I forgot that the Comp is this weekend and not the next one there will be a change of plans: I'll make things much faster by making this giveaway via GTS instead of direct trade, and you won't need to submit a small story anymore; thanks for the guys who submitted their small stories though, I enjoyed reading each and every one of your experiences! Read the OP for further details about what to deposit, message, etc; the same applies to the people who already submitted their experiences that haven't received the Golem yet.

Max. Optimizer

free to be the greatest
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hello Albus,

IGN: Christophe
Shuppet deposited: Female Level 27

I had to type in "Golem" on the GTS because I don't have it in my Pokédex yet on the X version that I'm currently playing on, so I couldn't specify a gender.

Thank you very much for this generous giveaway!

Best greetings.

Last edited:
Hi, I will just post here for you to have an easier time finding me.

Deposit: A freshly caught Shuppet, Female, level 29

Thank you in advance! And thanks for the compliment you give on my Pokemon story, btw. :3

Hi, i would like a Golem ^_^
Deposited: Level 30 female Shuppet
IGN: Leonardo

Thanks for this giveaway!

Last edited:

Albus

The Triumphant
IGN: Max
Lvl 31 female Shuppet deposited, thank you.
IGN: Helena
Deposited: Level 31 male Shuppet
(Didn't gender-lock Golem because I typed in its name)
Thank you :)
Hello Albus,

IGN: Christophe
Shuppet deposited: Female Level 27

I had to type in "Golem" on the GTS because I don't have it in my Pokédex yet on the X version that I'm currently playing on, so I couldn't specify a gender.

Thank you very much for this generous giveaway!

Best greetings.
Hi, I will just post here for you to have an easier time finding me.

Deposit: A freshly caught Shuppet, Female, level 29

Thank you in advance! And thanks for the compliment you give on my Pokemon story, btw. :3
I deposited a freshly caught Male level 29 Shuppet.
IGN: Dave

Thank you so much for doing this! :3
Hi, i would like a Golem ^_^
Deposited: Level 30 female Shuppet
IGN: Leonardo

Thanks for this giveaway!
Sent!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)