StreetPKMN+Mimic Glitch server live!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Server back up for all of you who got DC'd.

*updating IP address* even though the registry should have us there under "StreetPKMN"

edit: currently number one on DW StreetPKMN and UltimatePKMN.

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
This metagame is quite a lot of fun.

Since legality is not implemented, the metagame revolves around mischeivous heart spore users, and the few things that can deal with them. This is the only place where Stantler is a top-quality pokemon! Basically everything should have extremespeed and a lum berry in order to deal with the threat of baton passers.

Surprisingly, this fast-paced metagame promotes a lot of prediction and allows for inventive play. Its just a shame the numbers on the server are so low.

Low, as in zero when I last went on. Its a bit annoying having to swap the "db" folder around too.

But yeah the metagame is pretty awesome. The fact that everything learns all the interesting moves like Counter, Snatch and other stuff that should be far more widely distributed is fantastic.

Honestly, I can't play on a server where crap like Mischievous Heart Spore is legal.

I'll be working on some personal projects until legality is implemented.

Personally, I like the Challenge Cup option more. I think it's just fun to have something like Blast Burn Hoppip and Hydro Cannon Grovyle in one match. And Afro Break *insert poke that looks cool with afro* (ex. Vibrava). I've also been playing 1v1 Street pokemon, which I enjoy. But I just think the normal 6v6 is too much reliant on teambuilding, in which I am pretty bad...

Personally, I like the Challenge Cup option more. I think it's just fun to have something like Blast Burn Hoppip and Hydro Cannon Grovyle in one match. And Afro Break *insert poke that looks cool with afro* (ex. Vibrava). I've also been playing 1v1 Street pokemon, which I enjoy. But I just think the normal 6v6 is too much reliant on teambuilding, in which I am pretty bad...
Do what I do.

Make a list of cool-sounding stuff.

Pick 6 at random.

There's your team.

Edit to point something out.

We keep getting CAPs in Challenge Cup.

Unfortunatly there is no data for them.

So it causes massive bugs.

Oh that stuff. I edited that in but then forgot to edit it out assuming nobody would care. About battles crashing: those pokemon have nothing to do with it, CaP server can handle pre-evos with no data and it doesn't make it crash. Nonetheless I'll edit that junk out, it'll be gone next server restart. If you see it again alert me.

SupremeDirt, I highly suggest not using random pokemon if you want a good chance of beating the opponent (unless you expect it to give the offensive jump, but even that's probably not good advice in this situation), if you don't know what to do try watching some battles between decent players and then build your team to check the threats in it. I have a beta/alpha/WIP guide if anyone wants it but it's really bad.

Anyway about MH spore, it's especially terrible right now but even with MH gone I'm gonna theorymon that really fast pokemon will still use the broken combo of spore+taunt or something like that eventually after MH+mimic glitch removal if the craziness keeps up. All you need to use it is to be fast, the people who realize how broken it is simply use MH pokes because they're the fastest. Though unlike other sleep users MH pokemon can "revenge kill" with it. The person who started the craze was Plusle, which he was like "it's fucking broken, ban it" then I told other people about it, jc104 and maybe some other people went on perfecting it.

I'd like to conduct a bold vote on what we should ban here because there's more than one way of doing it.

Anyway here's some info on how to beat all the spore spam (in all its grammar/spelling horrors glory):
How does one deal with sleep? well that depends on what’s sleeping you. Here are some possible panacea’s as well as lesser options that generally are good for most threats.

Full Stop: Espeon, though I am not sure on the set. Espeon has great speed and special attack combination (and obviously supercritical ability) but figuring out the best set isn’t something I’ve really tested that much. I’ve tried a dual screen set and now I’m going to try a choice specs set: Psycho Break/Cold Flare/Thunder/Aeroblast (because I hate MH users, and Choice Specs Cold Flare 2HKOs max HP/Special Defense Sableye). Concerning cold flare: on PO it is a one turn move essentially letting you use Ice-type draco meteor without special attack drops so you can use it as Ice STAB on nonice pokemon. In addition, Espeon can be combined with other special sweepers and act as a pretty decent butterfly dance passer. You can try assist power as well but it’ll take two butterfly dances before it gets superstrong. Also you can try Xatu as an alternative, which is a bit bulkier on the physical side.

However, the most common sleep move is spore and there generally is no incentive to use a different one. Herbivore users can eat spore and gain +1 attack, which in some cases is better than magic mirror because of lum berry. Also an attack boost instantly contributes to your ability to sweep.

Stantler (M) @ Life Orb​
Trait: Herbivore​
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk​
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)​
- ExtremeSpeed​
- Shadow Sneak​
- Sacred Fire​
- Shell Smash

Stantler appears to be pretty good, but we are so early in the testing we're not sure. Yes, Stantler’s stats suck, but its stats are apparently good enough to be redeemed with Herbivore. With +3 Attack you have a very good chance to OHKO Skarmary with Sacred Fire after SR as well as is a guaranteed OHKO on 0/0 groudon. Meanwhile, not much else is going to survive STAB Extremespeed. Even if you get taunted (which is uncommon on most sporers) the enemy will still have to deal with decently powered STAB ES and your other moves. No speed EVs because after a shell smash you won’t need any. Shadow sneak deals with Gengar if you need to know. Thank jc104 for this. Miltank and Girafarig are alternatives. There are also fifth gen pokes with better stats but they don’t have mimic glitch.​
You can also try vital spirit pokemon but my opinion is that they suck but maybe, maaaybe Primeape can be of some use. But I am not going to give a strong recommendation at all. Anyway here it is courtesy of theotherdoug:

Going Ape Hog Wild
Primeape @ Life Orb/ Focus Sash/ Salac Berry
Ability: Vital Spirit
-Belly Drum/ Shell Smash
-Close Combat/ Drain Punch/ Reversal
-Shadow Force/ Crunch
-Extreme Speed/ Mach Punch/

Switch into the sleeping moves that will no doubt be all the Rage in this Meta-game, set up Belly Drum/Shell Break, and let the sweeping begin!

If you're using Shell Smash then a Focus Sash and Reversal are better options; otherwise go with Close Combat/Drain Punch and Life Orb/Salac Berry.
Choose either Shadow Force or Crunch to hit those pesky ghosts; Crunch will provide a reliable no-draw-back attack. Meanwhile Shadow Force not only hits harder, but it might lure in a fast Normal or Steel type, whom you can greet with a Mach Punch next turn.

For priority you can use Extreme Speed, Mach Punch as I mentioned earlier, or Sucker Punch to hit Ghosts immune to E.S. and M.P.

These are very important because Sableye or any other 4th gen mystery heart user will use a sleep move to priority sleep you. To make it even more ridiculous this can be combined with taunt which prevents you from sleeptalking. If you aren’t going to use primeape or stantler and your opponent uses one of these the only thing you can do is spam Lum berry, that’ll stop them cold especially when combined with a team of hard hitters. Remember nothing in street pokemon even with legality out is unbeatable, just some things are ridiculous powerful (and how powerful here is debatable), it’ll never be like Mewtwo in RBY and definitely not Lugia in GSC, we can’t be bothered to stall all day.

Other sleep spammers are easier to deal with. You don’t need lum (or at least not like you did before), you can just use something like sleeptalk shuckle and while sleeptalk isn’t reliable when combined with the right moves you come out on top more often than not. For example I like to run:​
Whirlwind/Sleeptalk/Roost/Spikes on my shuckle. Just get something that can ruin a fast pokemon’s day, especially Ninjask. Because if you’re not Gengar/Mewtwo level fast or faster, chances are you are not spamming sleep everywhere. Quick reminder: Gear change Skarmory (which is common by skarm standards) does use spore and Mewtwo has been absent from the metagame lately, which kind of puzzles me.​

And that's completely forgetting about Magic Coat.

Low, as in zero when I last went on. Its a bit annoying having to swap the "db" folder around too.

But yeah the metagame is pretty awesome. The fact that everything learns all the interesting moves like Counter, Snatch and other stuff that should be far more widely distributed is fantastic.
What time are you on in CST? Maybe I'll get on that time when I'm less busy.

Oh, I know how to beat Spore and I know how to build teams. It's just dealing with Spore is simply not fun, and I'd rather throw together random things than put together a whole team. Mostly I look at the Mimic glitch metagame as something less serious to do when I'm not playing Ubers.

Oh, and I use Sing Machamp instead of Spore ^^

I'm confused as to how to get a No Guard Machamp with Mimic. Do you teach Mimic to your Machoke in Gen 3, then transfer it to Gen 4, evolve it and hope to get No Guard? Sorry if this is blatently obvious.

You get a Machoke in gn 3 and hope it has a PID so that when you transfer it to gen 4 and evolve it it gets No Guard.

And what if it doesn't? Are you fucked? Because from I remember you can teach mimic only once to one pokemon...

I just had a really embarrassing match where my MH spore baton pass-based team lost to Axaj. Sure I beat him right before but...damn!

Fusxfaranto

gonna smoke five blunts and watch anime
The non-DW tier needs some love. People also should stop using movesets illegal with the glitch; one move must either be rage or a move the pokemon can normally learn (level up, TM, tutor, etc).

The non-DW tier needs some love. People also should stop using movesets illegal with the glitch; one move must either be rage or a move the pokemon can normally learn (level up, TM, tutor, etc).
... Wrong?

That's the rage glitch. This is the mimic glitch. The mimic glitch is caused by Transform not restoring the moveset of a Pokémon that faints in battle to its original in early copies of japanese D/P. Mimic glitch is a bit of a misnomer, but it's the easiest way to perform the glitch with anything.

Commence Bold Vote. Do not vote if you don’t battle much or have much of an interest in the StreetPKMN server. Read this post thoroughly, especially the poll options.

I hope you’ve been reading my posts in this topic or talking to me on the server, otherwise you probably don’t know what’s going on and shouldn’t participate. For those of us who qualify here are the options:​
Important Note: Right now UltimatePKMN is the same as DW StreetPKMN. So I hope noboby gets confused about this.

1. We ban one or more of the following pokemon off of the UltimatePKMN ladder: Sableye, Murkrow, Illumise.​
Featured Reason (Featured Reasons are not part of the option so you don’t need to repeat them):​
2. We ban mischievous heart on UltimatePKMN ladder.​
Featured Reason:​
3. We enforce a complex ban that prevents Mystery Heart + Baton Pass or some other complex ban that weakens the combo on UltimatePKMN tier through moderator action.​
Featured Reason: Most optimal (unless you want sleep clause) as MH sleep move without Baton Pass isn't broken but I’m not sure if I’d like more mod enforcement though.​
4. We put sleep clause on the UltimatePKMN ladder. We already have Mimic Ubers that has this but it also has species clause. If you’d rather play Mimic Ubers don’t vote this option.
Featured Reason:​
5. Don’t do anything, I like how it is now.​
Featured Reason: Although sableye and murkrow were absolutely crazy at first, recently they haven't been so bad, spamming MH pokemon really isn't good but a single MH pokemon can be quite good. Nonetheless powerful threats like ursaring (Guts boosted Fake out + ES + Vgenerate is awesome) and older threats like stanter as well as Espeon get in its way and make it somewhat to totally counterproductive. Heck even vaporeon can be made to rape this thing. However, priority destiny bond is even more reliable than ditto.

How to vote:​
Put your main Pokemon Online name in bold to the top. The more recognizable it is to me the better.​
Then repeat the options in bold in the order of your preference (that means number one you like most, number four you like least) with numbers, you just need four. Below your vote you may put reasoning if you like and we prefer it that you do. Of course if your reasoning shows a lack of understanding then we won’t like that.

Sample vote:​
![A]cAptain

1. We enforce a complex ban that prevents Mischeivous Heart + spore + taunt or some other complex ban that weakens the combo on UltimatePKMN tier through moderator action.
2. We ban mischievous heart on UltimatePKMN ladder.​
3. We ban one or more of the following pokemon off of the UltimatePKMN ladder: Sableye, Murkrow, Illumise.​
4. We put sleep clause on the UltimatePKMN ladder. We already have Mimic Ubers that has this but it also has species clause. If you’d rather play Mimic Ubers don’t vote this option.

Reasoning

No, this is not my actual vote. Also, that is a hell of a lot of bold. Maybe I should only require the name to be in bold.

Chispy

1. We enforce a complex ban that prevents Mystery Heart + Baton Pass or some other complex ban that weakens the combo on UltimatePKMN tier through moderator action.
2. Don’t do anything, I like how it is now.
3. We ban one or more of the following pokemon off of the UltimatePKMN ladder: Sableye, Murkrow, Illumise.
4. We ban mischievous heart on UltimatePKMN ladder.
Reasoning: #1 Detracts from the metagame the least while providing a just ban, since MH + Mimic is illegal anyway. Everything below #2 feels suboptimal as this is Street Pokemon. Sableye is italicised because he feels like the biggest MH + Mimic threat, and without MH he is worthless. The last thing I want to see is a Sleep Clause, since the game cannot enforce that and, as stated earlier, we are playing Street Pokemon, no bars held.

Fusxfaranto

gonna smoke five blunts and watch anime
Axaj

1. We enforce a complex ban that prevents Mystery Heart + Baton Pass or some other complex ban that weakens the combo on UltimatePKMN tier through moderator action.
2. We ban mischievous heart on UltimatePKMN ladder.
3. We ban one or more of the following pokemon off of the UltimatePKMN ladder: Sableye, Murkrow, Illumise.
4. Don’t do anything, I like how it is now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)