Operation Flashpoint Red River $29.24
Elder Scrolls Oblivion $6.80 / Deluxe $8.50
Borderlands GOTY $7.50
Bit Trip Runner $2.50
Witcher 2 $33.49
Test Drive 2 Unlimited $9.99
Recettear $5.00
Medal of Honor $10.19

plus package/publisher deals, Portal 2 is $33 though I'm hoping it goes a little lower on a daily.

I don't think I'll be buying anything from today's sale. Recettear is great though and Witcher 2 is pretty amazing if you have a good enough graphics card.

That complete Valve pack sounds amazing. But I dont think I even have that much download data available each month to start with...

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hmmm i heard borderlands is pretty good. is this true?
I think it's pretty solid. Others may disagree, but Borderlands usually gets a high score from most reviews. Might get a bit stale, but I like the RPG shooting element. For 7.50 you're not gonna get a better deal imo

Bought Borderlands GOTY and Recettear for less than a tenner........... just adding to my already huge backlog of games to play this summer. How often does new stuff get added, daily?

Portal 2 is $33 though I'm hoping it goes a little lower on a daily.
This. First price I checked. =[ Was expecting a discount like that, but I still kind of dreamed a bit.

Picked up BIT.TRIP BEAT, BIT.TRIP RUNNER, Oblivion GoTY, Borderlands GoTY, and Beat Hazard today. I'll be getting more when more money goes into PayPal.

The complete developer packs are amazing value. I saw the 2K pack down from $500+ to $80; the discount was 88%. I have never wished for my birthday to be in the summer (or Aus. winter) like this before (I don't want the 2K pack particularly; it's just an example) =P but it's okay because it's in November, so I'll have money for the Christmas sale.

Bought Borderlands GOTY and Recettear for less than a tenner........... just adding to my already huge backlog of games to play this summer. How often does new stuff get added, daily?
AFAIK everything is on sale already, but the super special extra cheap deals, like Borderlands and Oblivion today, that are cheaper than the standard sales price last for a day, so daily.

I missed the amazing $6.80 L4D2 daily deal the other day because I didn't have money ;_; Oh, well, I'll just pay about twice that this sale...

Doesn't your ISP have special servers where downloads aren't included in your quota? I do, so I'm going to go nuts.
Not to mention that Improbability can just install everything in bits and pieces, not that that's desirable.

Fishin, you should mention in the OP that the sale goes until the 10th. :)

Yeah, I could do it in parts but as you said it wouldn't be ideal. And we're with Bigpond (an Australian ISP). After a bit of research it looks like there is a way to get unmetered downloads by changing which server it dl's it off. Might try it before the sale ends.

Just purchasing Oblivion Deluxe Edition now, £6.80 is too good to pass up and I've wanted it for a while...

Agreeing with others about Portal 2, I'm hoping it'll get a 50% offer or something on a daily :D Hoping Terraria goes down less than 25% too (that makes me sound incredibly cheap, but meh).

Yeah, I could do it in parts but as you said it wouldn't be ideal. And we're with Bigpond (an Australian ISP). After a bit of research it looks like there is a way to get unmetered downloads by changing which server it dl's it off. Might try it before the sale ends.
Me too. I use a filter, but unfortunately if the content does not exist on that server it stalls, so you have to turn it off and it eats into your quota. At least it is very easy to enable and disable at will.

Knights of the Old Republic for $2.50!?

I've been wanting to get the game for a while now, I may just have to do that today.

If your computer can handle Just Cause 2, then get it. It's a fantastic game, that looks gorgeous and has loads to do (it lasted me 90 hours).

So far in the sale I've bought Deus Ex: Invisible War and Toki Tori, I also got gifted a copy of Terraria.

Probably going to get Just Cause 2 and possibly KotOR today; JC2 sounds like a lot of fun and I've heard lots of good things about kotor (plus it's $2.50 so what gives).

Oh yeah Kotor is probably worth its starting full retail price its that good. Beautiful game, enough said. For $2.50 , you may as well gift it and share the joy.

Probably going to get Just Cause 2 and possibly KotOR today; JC2 sounds like a lot of fun and I've heard lots of good things about kotor (plus it's $2.50 so what gives).
Yeah, I didn't even realise it was on Steam, but looks like I'll be picking that up (KotOR) next \o/ I need money and I won't have any for a few days fuck

ETA: lol I went out and bought a prepaid credit card so I could get it, but it might not be activated in time. I can afford it at $10, but why when I can get it at $2.50?!
ETA2: I HAVE KOTOR. :D

Also, for posterity's sake...

Stuff today (July 1):

Total War: SHOGUN 2 $53.99 (-40%)
Call of Duty: Black Ops $60.29 (-33%)
DUNGEONS - Steam Special Edition $13.59 (-66%)
Devil May Cry 4 $9.99 (-50%)
Just Cause 2 $4.99 (-75%) *franchise sale*
Railworks 2 $8.74 (-75%)
Braid $2.49 (-75%)
SpaceChem $5.09 (-66%)
Hamilton's Great Adventure $4.99 (-50%)
Heroes of Might and Magic V $2.50 (-75%) *franchise sale*
Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic $2.50 (-75%) *franchise sale*

Oh, also worth pointing out since Steam and EA haven't been playing nice recently and EA games may not go on sale (note how EA games aren't discounted at all atm):

http://www.amazon.com/gp/feature.ht...1?ie=UTF8&plgroup=1&docId=1000701371&plpage=1

Amazon's doing its own sale. I'm not sure of the quality of Amazon's download service but one of the reviews says you can just download the games from EA's service once you have the code from Amazon. Notable sales include DA Ultimate for $12, ME2 for $10, Crysis 2 for $35, and Battlefield BC2 for $5. This goes till July 4th apparently.

noobster

space cowboy
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 2nd Official Smogon Tournament
I totally recommend Braid (especially at the 2.50 it is until tomorrow). Beautiful puzzle-platformer with neat elements such as rewinding and fastforwarding time to solve aforementioned puzzles. If you need to be convinced, try the demo :).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)