Steam Summer Sale 2012

All of you guys are making me jealous. Man do I wish I had a better computer or laptop.
If you at all plan to get one in the future, consider purchasing in advance. I bought a few collections during the 2009 Summer Sale but didn't get my gaming laptop until early 2010.

If you at all plan to get one in the future, consider purchasing in advance. I bought a few collections during the 2009 Summer Sale but didn't get my gaming laptop until early 2010.
That is not a bad suggestion. However, I do not have that much money to spend at the moment. I'm sure the same games will be on sale next summer as well, right?

Picked up Alice: Madness Returns and the Binding of Isaac collection~ Had my eye on Alice for awhile but it was expensive and I can't resist flash deals *_*

Bought Terraria! Had no clue what I was doing for the first two hours or so but I think I have the hang of it now. Roughly. It's still a little slow since the learning curve in this thing is HUGE but I just got a Grappling Hook and a pretty good weapon so things are looking up.

If only my PlayStation was compatible with Steam... My laptop isn't going to run any of the games on sale any time soon, which sucks. A 100$ investment right here could provide you gaming for over a year.

So quick question--Street Fighter IV is on 50% off now and this seems like a great opportunity to buy it. However, I'm not sure if my current laptop can run it and I'm not sure how to find the hardware specs. It's a VAIO laptop that runs Windows 7 with an Intel i5 core, and is about a year and a half old (possibly a little more). Does anybody have any idea if it would be able to run the game (which requires 256 MB of VRAM) or does anybody know how to check the hardware specs?

I picked up From Dust The Binding of Issac and Alice for 9.97

Oh god it feels so bad and so good at the same time I need to save for school but it was so tempting!

I also bought terraria for 5:00 after reading how cood it was :(

So quick question--Street Fighter IV is on 50% off now and this seems like a great opportunity to buy it. However, I'm not sure if my current laptop can run it and I'm not sure how to find the hardware specs. It's a VAIO laptop that runs Windows 7 with an Intel i5 core, and is about a year and a half old (possibly a little more). Does anybody have any idea if it would be able to run the game (which requires 256 MB of VRAM) or does anybody know how to check the hardware specs?
You might be able to still play the game if your computer's specs are only slightly below what the developer recommends. That was the case for me with Portal.

My computer is a bit below the 'required' section. I have Windows 7 and the game is built to run on XP/Vista, but I think there's an XP mode on my laptop, so no problems there.

The weird thing, though, is the video card. The site says that I don't have the required video card, but under the dropdown that lists the properties of the video card, mine has all the required features. What does that mean? My video card should be able to run the game, but for some reason the site says it can't...

SSF4 is incredibly well optimized for the PC. I would recommend the port to anyone (which is why I bought it after pirating it earlier in the year).

Anyone here played the Gothic series? Especially Arcania, only just heard about it and would like an opinion on how it does in the adventure RPG genre

Yay, Bastion won :) So I picked that up too. There's nothing I have my eye on now, but I'm sure I'll buy more, especially if something on my wishlist is in a poll/flash deal. The two games I was looking to get have both been poll/flash deals already (Bastion and Alice: Madness Returns) :D

So far I've spent ~$21. To buy a new game through Australian retail would cost anywhere between 3-5x that, and to buy a used one would cost 1-2x that, and I've gotten four games so far -- so I don't regret taking this opportunity, even if it'll take me awhile to play them all @_@

So far? Max Payne 3, Saints Row: The Third + Season Pass DLC pack, and Portal 2. 41e spent, preeeeeeetty sure I will be spending more. Whee?

Also, Killing Floor is in a Flash Deal right now for another 2 hours. I highly suggest picking it up if you got people to play it with, immense fun.

Exxy, play Killing Floor with me again, even though I forgot how to play it and have to be carried through every wave x.x Some Smogoners got it and now I want to play it again and I miss shooting zombies with you :( Killing Floor was a short-lived but fun Smogon fad :)

I've so far picked up:

Bastion at $3.74
Left 4 Dead 1 + 2 at $9.99
Mafia II for ~$7.50

Skyrim at 29 and change is really tempting, but I'm right in the middle of a playthrough of my (pirated) copy, and so picking it up now seems kinda pointless, probably grab it for cheaper when I'll actually install and play it in the winter.

Hoping the next community choice works out to be Just Cause 2, seeing as I'm going to be awake until 2 or 3 am just waiting to see if it wins, since I doubt I'll be up early enough to catch it if it does @_@

no JC2 but Red Faction: Guerrilla for $5 is pretty awesome

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Bought a bunch of shit so far

Binding of Isaac - I bought it with the expansion so its hard as fuck
Borderlands - Installing right now, pretty excited to try it
Half-life 1 and 2 - Haven't played yet
Magicka - Tried to play it but my graphic card sucks and won't play it ;-; I'm upgrading eventually so w/e
Plants vs Zombies GOTY - Bs tried to play it but I keep getting an error...
Portal - Beat it, pretty short game but a lot of fun!
Portal 2 - Started playing, great stuff
Star Wars: KOTOR - Surprisingly never played it, pretty excited to try it out though
Trine 2 - Looks really cool, can't wait to play it

I'm not done either, I want to get Torchlight if it goes on sale, as well as the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series if it goes 75% and probably some other stuff that I can't think of atm.

JS that i'm always up for killing floor, but no one else ever wants to play! Trine 2, Borderlands and Magicka would also be cool for group play.

So far picked up the Binding of Isaac DLC, Ys: The Oath of Felghana and a few Secret Saxtons from the Mann. Co Store ;D Still have far too many games that I have barely played yet.

Bring back the all across the world Killing Floor lobbies! I can totally vouch for the game, though.

Like CoD Zombies but goals and classes and vary different zombie types and more fun!

SSF4 is incredibly well optimized for the PC. I would recommend the port to anyone (which is why I bought it after pirating it earlier in the year).
Um...problem is, I ran a benchmark tool for vanilla SF4 and it went at like 1/3 of the speed it was supposed to. So I guess it's not happening.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)