[Stadium Mode] Sandstream Theme Team

Well guys, my first post at Smogon although I've been playing Pokémon for more than four years... I've never attended Smogon NB Tourneys but in Germany I'm knowm as one of the most active organisers of rl tourneys...

Wayne.

I'm in in D/P for another rl tourney to kick ass in and I'd like getting some RMTs for my team in here. Please note that this is Stadium Mode [3on3] which will be played on Pokémon Battle Revolution.

Tyranitar @ Life Orb
48 HP / 216 Atk / 58 Def / 188 Speed
Adamant Nature
~ Crunch
~ Earthquake
~ Ice Beam
~ Dragon Dance

>> Sets up Sand Stream, which is one possible option with which to begin a match. Shice Beam to put a dent in Gliscor, Hippo and random Dragon switch-ins.

Cradily @ Leftovers
Ability: Suction Cups
252 HP / 164 Def / 94 SDef
Careful Nature
~ Rock Slide
~ Toxic
~ Earthquake
~ Recover
>> This monster has 450 SDef in the sandstorm, thus being able to stall out many special sweepers which are typically used to counter Tyranitar. It can be worn down by Toxic, though. Heavy fighting weakness up to now, therefore...

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Veil
240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Speed
Impish Nature
~ Earthquake
~ Roost
~ Ice Fang
~ Aerial Ace
>> Takes care of Heracross and Apes that ain't in possession of a HP [Ice]. I don't think a support move is necessary here so I left it out for dragon coverage. There's still the spark of hope that a match can be decided by Scor thanks to its Sand Veil.

Vaporeon @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
188 HP / 252 Def / 68 SAtk
Bold Nature
~ Ice Beam
~ Surf
~ Hidden Power Electric
~ Wish
>> This is meant to cover my water weakness and to support with Wish. Furthermore it counters Ape, Metagross without Thunderpunch, bulky Grounds, the Dragons (at full health) and Gyarados.

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
24 Def / 232 Speed / 252 SAtk
Modest Nature
~ Will-o-Wisp
~ U-Turn
~ Overheat
~ Air Slash
>> Anti-lead Moltres. Hope it has possibilities to kick some serious ass since Stealth Rocks aren't as widespread in Stadium Mode as in Standard 6on6. In addition to that it can spread burns and counters Hera/Ape (well, it has to take care of random rock moves though...).

Lucario @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Speed
Adamant Nature
~ Swords Dance
~ Extremespeed
~ Close Combat
~ Shadow Claw
>> SDLuke is supposed to clean the field with a devastating Swords Dance sweep. With Sash, it's guaranteed to get at least one Swords Dance for free.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
Crunch is a better move than Shadow Claw on Lucario; even with Shadow Claw's higher critical hit chance, it still has lower average power than Crunch:
Shadow Claw: 70 (base power) x 1.125 (critical hit chance) = 78.75
Crunch: 80 (base power) x 1.0625 (remember, Crunch can still get a critical hit) = 85
Even without taking into account Crunch's chance of lowering the opponent's Defense, it's better than Shadow Claw. Besides, they barely differ in type coverage; the only difference is that Crunch is not very effective on Fighting-types, which Close Combat handles anyways, and Normal-types are immune to Shadow Claw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)