Gen 6 SPL Ubers Replays

Blim vs Problems was a really nice game, I think people here have gotten to the morale of it so I'm not gonna bother commenting on it much more.

Lol @Sharks and Bigs Ubers players

I'd hate to jump on the Blim vs Problems bandwagon, but that truly was one of the best games I've ever seen. I felt like it was neck and neck the whole match, with Problems having a slight edge because of Gastrodon completely making Kyogre useless. I was anticipating a crit to tip the scales eventually, and I knew whoever got it would get the win. I tip my hat to both of you.

Choked very hard. If I sent in Ho-oh on Palkia I was guaranteed to get a kill and open a chance for Arceus to set up on.

BUT, if Palkia got para'd or missed hydro on either Cloyster or Arceus, my Arceus can set up safely since 0 hp Arceus takes: 67.1 - 79.5% from specs Hydro Pump in neutral weather. The chance of not getting para'd or missing two turns in a row is .75*.75*.80*.80 or a 36% chance, even less than a 50-50. Cloyster spinning lets Arceus live a Hydro (that did 75% a high roll btw..), and Arceus getting to +2 means the game is secured.

gg regardless, again not trying to sound like a sore loser which I invariably will, but I got unlucky with paras/damage rolls and just wanted to throw that out there

(edited hydro accuracy, .8 not .85)

Last edited:
252+ Atk Mega Blaziken Low Kick (120 BP) vs. 4 HP / 0 Def Palkia: 252-297 (78.2 - 92.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Any explaination why you didn't kill his Palkia on turn 18 instead of switching out? Unless you are jolly ofc, then I understand that play.

If the faint vs donkey game looks like the manaphy vs dice game it's because the latter overlapped the former. Idk if Zarel can fix this but if not at least you guys know not to ask about it. :o

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
If the faint vs donkey game looks like the manaphy vs dice game it's because the latter overlapped the former. Idk if Zarel can fix this but if not at least you guys know not to ask about it. :o
Fix what? I have no clue what you're talking about? What's wrong with the games?

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Fix what? I have no clue what you're talking about? What's wrong with the games?
Go to the SPL Replays thread
The game labeled "Faint vs Donkey", is actually me vs DICE instead

Anyway a pretty gg against Dice, nothing I can complain about, both sides played well and there was no gigantic hax.

Umm the replay that was posted in the OP for Donkey vs Faint (which I already checked post history to make sure I didn't replace) somehow got merged with the recent Manaphy vs Dice game so that the replay shows the latter but is marked the former (and the former appears to be lost). It's not a terribly big deal but I figured I would let you know about it while announcing to the others that I'm aware it's the same replay.

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
this issue is that in the replay search tool "doneky vs. FAINT" simplyh redirects to the wrong URL.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
Oh, I see what the problem is. It's too late to fix it for these replays, but I'll make sure it doesn't happen again.

Just gonna give this a friendly bump. It's still being updated but nobody has replied since the week 2 matches. Maybe nobody cares about this anymore, but yeah, it's still a thing in case anyone forgot.

Haruno

Skadi :)
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Eh I think mm2 could post a list of this weeks usage stats + current rankings. Though the majority of the discussion of spl games tend to be discussed immediately after the game on irc or showdown chat so I guess that's why no one sees a point in posting on here .-.

Eh I think mm2 could post a list of this weeks usage stats + current rankings. Though the majority of the discussion of spl games tend to be discussed immediately after the game on irc or showdown chat so I guess that's why no one sees a point in posting on here .-.
Usage stats are linked but I can update with ranks, yeah.

Haruno

Id put boudouche over faint/lust/probs/dice since a 1-1 record is definitely better than a 1-2 record. Overall it seems interesting how far off the actual power rankings differ from the current standings

Id put boudouche over faint/lust/probs/dice since a 1-1 record is definitely better than a 1-2 record. Overall it seems interesting how far off the actual power rankings differ from the current standings
I agree with this statement, especially with its thoughts toward Dice. Dice was probably the most hyped-up Ubers player coming into this SPL, commanding 17k in a tier where everyone is more-or-less on each other's level. For the amount that he was bought, he really should be performing better than he is. Although a few other players share his 1-2 record, if you watch the games, you see that he's lucky that he's 1-2 instead of 0-3. Creativity is a great aspect of Pokemon and should never be ignored, but Dice seems to try a bit *too* hard to be creative and it backfires against him. His usage of Klefki in week 2 brought a predictable demise upon him and his team, as Klefki did next to nothing that match and was essentially a waste of a team slot. In his week 3 battle, he managed to one up himself by bringing 2 gimmicky Pokemon in Smeargle and Gothitelle. This also led to a loss which leads you to question his teambuilding ability. Overall, just a lacking performance from the 17k player.

I agree with this statement, especially with its thoughts toward Dice. Dice was probably the most hyped-up Ubers player coming into this SPL, commanding 17k in a tier where everyone is more-or-less on each other's level. For the amount that he was bought, he really should be performing better than he is. Although a few other players share his 1-2 record, if you watch the games, you see that he's lucky that he's 1-2 instead of 0-3. Creativity is a great aspect of Pokemon and should never be ignored, but Dice seems to try a bit *too* hard to be creative and it backfires against him. His usage of Klefki in week 2 brought a predictable demise upon him and his team, as Klefki did next to nothing that match and was essentially a waste of a team slot. In his week 3 battle, he managed to one up himself by bringing 2 gimmicky Pokemon in Smeargle and Gothitelle. This also led to a loss which leads you to question his teambuilding ability. Overall, just a lacking performance from the 17k player.
That's fine but you didn't even identify the actual problems. Dice had nothing for SD Scizor (an uncommon set) which led to his first lost and he played against Thundurus (another Pokemon that his team happened to have terrible matchup against) and missed the 50/50 on taunt vs attack. The first game was no fluke, he was in complete control throughout and Ciel really didn't have a chance.

That's fine but you didn't even identify the actual problems. Dice had nothing for SD Scizor (an uncommon set) which led to his first lost and he played against Thundurus (another Pokemon that his team happened to have terrible matchup against) and missed the 50/50 on taunt vs attack. The first game was no fluke, he was in complete control throughout and Ciel really didn't have a chance.
Maybe if Dice had not brought a Klefki, he would have been better prepared for SD Scizor. He was essentially playing the game at a 5-6 disadvantage and suffered greatly because of it. In his third battle, he probably wouldn't have been in a 50/50 situation if he was not playing the game at a 4-6 disadvantage and came better prepared.

Nah, he just needed Overheat on his Ekiller which he dropped right before the game. He was pretty commanding through out, the bullet punch crit hurt him hard though. (dead scizor would have meant Ekiller sweep) Also, Klefki contributed a fair amount and could have contributed more if dice needed extra hazards. (it could set them up in so many places)

Webs is comparable to BW sun in OU (at least what I've heard of it) where it has very strong matchups but the tight teambuilding can leave it struggling against certain threats. Thundy-I is a typical plague to webs teams cause it forces them into a series of 50s. I don't think you can blame team building for team matchup when it could have just as easily dominated if not pitted against a Thundurus.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Guys I wouldn't take the current game records as that accurate since some players have gotten bad team matchups, others choked, others got haxed, and others have gotten good team matchups.

Last edited by a moderator:

Haruno

Guys I wouldn't take the current game records as that accurate since some players have gotten bad team matchups, others choked, others got haxed , and others have gotten good team matchups.
It's just a way to gauge players based on their w:l ratio, obviously as time goes by then the more wins/losses will accumulate. Let's say for example that blim actually goes 11-0 in spl because he had excellent matchups every game and won. Does this change the fact that he would be the "number 1" for this season of spl ubers? Most certainly it would, does it necessarily mean that he's the best player? No. Overall the rankings are just a way to gauge players based on their win/loss ratio at said point in time and is not necessarily an accurate representation on one's skill in the tier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't think "power rankings" mean shit but maybe that's just me. I think Manaphy is below me yet I consider him a better player than me, while I consider myself a better player (overall, multiple gens) than others above me. Just because someone was placed above you doesn't mean you you have no chance of beating them, and that's been proven in the vast majority of SPL matches spanning multiple tiers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)