Other Metagames Spam (Anything Goes)(Peaked 1580)

Hello. I'm back from a long break after posting the horrible Primeape+Bibarel team that I made in 2015. I have certainly improved, and I am here with a team that has gotten a lot of wins, and caused many forfeits. I tried to build a team without Klefki, Rayquaza, and Darkrai, three of the most used Mons in all of AG.
SPAM
Teambuilding process

I started with Jirachi, a very underused and underrated Pokemon in AG(I mean, even Rattata has more usage than it).
It allows to disrupt Pokemon due to flinching and paralysis, and to prevent setup from many sweepers in the meta.

I decided to go with Yveltal next, as it almost perfectly covers Jirachi's weaknesses, and does heavy damage with its attacks.

I then decided use Groudon-Primal, as it creates a no weakness core with the other two Pokemon. It gives me hazards, and helps the other two Mons that are frail by eating physical attacks

I needed a mon that can strongly counter Arceus, so I decided to go with Mega Gengar. It allows me to have a fast and strong special attacker that can trap opponents.

Xerneas fits into the team as a check to Dark types that hurt my team. It gives gives a strong setup sweeper and cleric when needed.

Lastly, I needed a check for ghosts and Darkrai, so i decided to use Ekiller Arceus. It also gave my team much needed priority

The Team

not swagplay (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish
The Main reason I built this team, Jirachi brings the whole team together. It's ability Serene Grace allows an insane amount of hax, possibly causing an early forfeit. This ability, when paired with Thunder Wave and Iron Head and Heart Stamp (Two Stab 30% Flinch chances) causes the opponent not to move around 75% of the time. Healing Wish allows me to sacrifice Jirachi when it is about to die, or when it has done all the work it needed to do, in order to heal a teammate that is statused and/or at low health.

oblivspam (Yveltal) @ Leftovers
Ability: Dark Aura
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Roost
Yveltal is an important member of the team, as it stops physical setup sweepers dead in their tracks with foul play. It can destroy almost any non defensive invested Arceus after it sets up a swords dance. Oblivion Wing allows to use it's high Special attack to deal decent damage and recover a lot of hp, and Dark Pulse give a special attacking Dark Stab. This thing is my only reliable way to stop Primal Groudon as it's ground typing is really threatening. Leftovers allows my Yveltal to gain HP at the end of every turn, increasing it's longevity.

prespam (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades
Primal Groudon is probably the most important member of the team, as I need to keep this thing alive. If there is a Mega Rayquaza on the other team, an this thing is fainted, everything else pretty much dies in one hit. Stealth Rock allows me to get damage on flyers that my team doesn't like. Roar allows Groudon to rack up stealth rock damage and possibly spread burns with lava plume. Precipice Blades allows Groudon to hit Klefki and other steels really hard.

spam (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond
Gengar is my Arceus and Arceus-Ghost Check, and gives me a fast Pokemon and a fairy killer. Shadow ball and Sludge wave are my STAB moves of choice, and thunder allows me to hit Kyogre. Destiny Bond allows me to take out threatening offensive mons such as Rayquaza-Mega that destroy the rest of my team. I can even opt to not mega evolve to give my team another ground immunity instead of another weakness.

geospam (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
Timid Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Geomancy
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast
Xerneas gives my team a dragon immunity. Aromatherapy allows my team to get their statuses healed. It is really helpful during my games because a majority has Smeargle, Darkrai, or Toxic Spikes. Geomancy is standard, Xerneas stuff. Xerneas' STAB is moonblast, and focus blast hits steels that resists Moonblast, and allows me to destroy arceus after a geomancy boost.

exspam (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Multitype
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Defog

Arceus is also a very important member of the team, as it gives the team much needed priority in Extreme Speed. Swords dance allows Arceus to make it's attack sky high. Earthquake gives Arceus a way to hit ghosts, rocks and steel. Defog is probably the most important move, as it is my teams only method of hazard control, and stealth rocks hurt my team a lot.

Threatlist
, and
: These pokemon are very threatening if Primal Groudon is dead. Not many of my other pokemon can deal with these mons

: If Gengar is dead, everything except for Primal Groudon dies.

This team still has other problems, such as a lack of options for special attackers, but with support from Arceus and Xerneas, they can be taken out

Ratings are appreciated!

The team in general is great for AG, but it has some noticeable flaws to it. Overall, the movesets are good, but the evs could use some work. Major changes will be in bold I will include an importable of the changes at the end as well.

1. There isn't a reliable geoxern check, which is definitely a threat to your team since people like to turn 1 geo still (idk why, they always get roared out by pdons then forfeit). Run EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD on Primal Groudon so that you are a 2hko against +2 moonblast. This will allow you to roar it out, and then Jirachi can later revive it with healing wish. Jirachi is basically dead if it challenges an Xerneas if it has geo setup and hp fire or ground, as both 2hko.

2. Xerneas doesn't need that much speed. The standard spread ( EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe modest ) allows it to still take hits from mega ray and arceus. The spread also allows it to outspeed scarf Xerneas/Yveltal/Genesect. The first two you want to outspeed so you can live longer, and the third will kill you if you don't outspeed.

3. With the amount of recovery you have on Yveltal already, running Dread Plate will allow it to ohko ekiller after SD, and live the espeed. Again, you can always use healing wish Jirachi to revive it in the event there are multiple threats that Yveltal can remove.

4. Yveltal cannot live through a crit from a pdon stone edge after roosting. EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpA will allow it to take crits from pdon if you are faster and roost, and will still allow you to 2hko non SpD invested pdons (SpD invested pdons cannot really kill you unless they run stone edge, which is an uncommon sight)

not swagplay (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Heart Stamp
- Healing Wish

oblivspam (Yveltal) @ Dread Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 120 Def / 140 SpA
Modest Nature
- Foul Play
- Oblivion Wing
- Dark Pulse
- Roost

prespam (Groudon-Primal) @ Red Orb
Ability: Desolate Land
EVs: 252 HP / 56 Def / 200 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Lava Plume
- Precipice Blades

spam (Gengar) @ Gengarite
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Destiny Bond

geospam (Xerneas) @ Power Herb
Ability: Fairy Aura
EVs: 184 HP / 28 Def / 252 SpA / 44 Spe
Modest Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Geomancy
- Focus Blast
- Moonblast

exspam (Arceus) @ Lum Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Defog

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hey man, this is a pretty cool looking team. It's good to start out with a lower peak, but patching up some of the moveset issues and matchup versus certain things like CM Arc formes should make this pretty solid. First of all, ih8ih8sn0w's changes are mostly good, the don and xerneas EVs are better options than what you have for the reasons he stated. Numbers 3 and 4 aren't necessarily bad options, I'm just going to suggest some different things instead of that.

So first of all, ih8ih8sn0w's first two suggestions are good ones, they improve on the current EV spreads for the reasons he gave and I won't expand too much on that. The last 2 are a bit more subjective and I'll be offering my own alternate set but I definitely agree with the changes to Xerneas's and Pdon's EVs. Thunderbolt is a pretty suboptimal move on Gengar, it doesn't really help with anything and you don't want to forfeit Protect since that's your best way of handling Ekillers currently which you'll need to outspeed. Focus Blast is also better than Sludge Wave here, you have two very solid Fairy checks and really need a move to hit Arceus. In the Arceus slot, I agree you need some kind of strong priority but Defog isn't really a good use of the moveslot here. Magic Coat should help patch up any residual annoyance with Darkrai after Geoxern and Genera's trapping are taken into account, making that one less think you really need to worry about. I also think a better Yveltal setup here is full out offensive rather than bulky offensive, which is kind of awkwardly in between two roles right now. Additionally, a way to lure and hit Klefki should be appreciated for this team since you don't have any amazing way to take it out.

Yveltal @ Life Orb
EVs: 132 HP / 28 Atk / 252 SpA / 96 Spe
Rash Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Oblivion Wing
- Sucker Punch
- Heat Wave

Finally, Rachi is still really dead weight like I said earlier. You're also missing any kind of hazard control without Defog on the Ekiller and could really use an additional Megaray check. So I think Fairyceus just fits far more naturally here, you already put a lot of pressure on checks like Skarm, Ho-Oh, and Pogre and it patches up the Yveltal annoyance while also doing the other stuff. Hopefully removing Jirachi isn't too much of a pain, and if it is you could try fairyceus over regular arceus and swapping out xerneas and gengar to make up the weaknesses, but this is the best way I could find.

Arceus-Fairy @ Pixie Plate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Judgment
- Recover
- Defog
- Toxic

I hope these changes help you out, good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)